QCommission

174 Reviews for UK Users

Dave L.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

We had an overall positive experience in all phases of the configuration & implementation of...

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Our commission process as it existed before QCommission was slow, time-consuming and open to human error. Automating the processes we formerly did by hand has given our payroll person more time to devote to other things.

Pros

We were initially surprised that QCommission could handle our complicated multi-tier commission program but the people at QCommission told us it would be no problem. During the configuration phase we communicated with our QC project manager several times a week. Once the implementation period started, we threw a few additional requests their way which they were able to do without any problem. Our office manager and I were continually surprised that they were able to automate what was for us a time-consuming process which involved pen, paper, spreadsheets and color-coded stamps. This program has reduced our commission activities to a fraction of the time we used to spend on it. QCommission has helped our efficiency and we didn't need to break our budget to do it.

Cons

Honestly, we are fairly new users of QCommission and haven't encountered any notable "cons" yet. Our project manager and the QC support people have been very responsive so far so I'm confident that any trouble we may encounter down the road will be handled quickly and efficiently.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of QCommission! We're glad that QC has been a big help to you, and we hope to be able to continue to work with you for many years to come. Thanks again!

- Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Deanna C.

QCommission Provided the Streamlining We Needed

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

QCommission has helped our commission process greatly, we are able to provide professional statements and accuracy to our Brokers. They were able to create a platform that fit our commission structure while allowing for several different variables. From the beginning we felt they had our best interest in mind and worked with us to be sure they could provide what we needed. The support over the implementation period we received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was phenomenal, she was an excellent liaison between our team and the developers. She has been a great support throughout our time with QCommission.

Pros

We were using excel spreadsheets and formulas which took much more time and concentration, triple checking every factor when calculating commission. We are a large Brokerage with several employees, processing thousands in commissions almost daily. QCommission took the human error out of the equation, calculating each commission correctly every time. They provide options for unique circumstances within our commission structures to help us provide quality service for our Brokers. They give you the tools you need to make changes on your own, rather than having to reach out to them which was important to us. The support has always been timely, which is important since we process commissions daily.

Cons

It is a bit tricky to figure out how to make some changes at first, but once you get the hang of it you realize it's really pretty simple. Sometimes some of the reports seem a little convoluted and hard to comprehend.

BrokerSumo

Reasons for Switching to QCommission

QCommission seemed to provide all of the different factors that came into play with our commissions. The customer service we received while considering our options was far higher than that of the other company we considered. After seeing all the capabilities and features QCommission provided, we felt like it was definitely the right fit, and we haven't regretted it whatsoever.

Response from CellarStone

Hi, DeAnna! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it. I have made sure to share your comments with the team. :) Please stay safe and healthy always!

Best Regards,

Teal S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Web-based consideration

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

Having worked with web-based commission systems, the current version of QCommission we are using is not an efficient process for our current operation.

The need to create an upload form in Excel rather than uploading an unaltered carrier commission statement to process commission is time consuming and increases the risk of errors. Including paying the wrong agent, the policy doesn't exist in the Master File, etc.

A small operation with experienced commission processors should not take a staff of three to complete paying commission every two weeks.

Perhaps a web-based system would allow for direct upload of carrier commission statement eliminating the need to create an upload of information from many sources.

Cons

Not web-based

Response from CellarStone

HI Teal! Thank you so much for writing us this review. We appreciate the honesty. Please rest assured that we have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate team as we'd like to further improve for our customers' benefit.

Laura C.
  • Industry: Banking

Custom fit for complicated needs

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

The customer service team is dedicated and professional. ALL of our needs and questions are always met and answered in a timely fashion. We've had a great experience working with their teams, from the sales to implementation and service.

Pros

We have a highly intricate and diverse commission compensation plan. QCommission is highly customizable and functions with complicated layers of data while yielding accurate and valuable management reports. We like to self-manage the program, which the service team has been very helpful with.

Cons

In house custom reports require some programming (SQL) knowledge.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for your feedback on QCommission! We're glad that it works with your complex compensation plan and that you're happy with our customer service team! I have forwarded your feedback regarding the custom reports to the appropriate team so they can work on improving those in future releases. Thanks again, and we look forward to doing business with you for years to come. Stay safe always!

All the Best,

Robert A.

QCommission a versatile solution

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Pros

Our Company uses QCommission with QuickBooks Enterprise to calculate and report sales commission for our sales and account management team. This versatile web-based tool has allowed us to implement a commission plan that is free of the burdens of a manual process. The QCommission Team worked closely with us to help implement and test the system prior to putting it into active production. This tool integrates well with QuickBooks to allow our Company to accurately calculate and pay commission. We are able to pay and report commissions timely, provide visibility to management and payees through the reporting capabilities and complete the process with substantially less effort. The tool has the ability to manage commission plans that range from the simple to the complex, allowing for changes as a company's needs changes. The QCommission Support Team is responsive and has always helped resolve any issues or address questions. I would strongly recommend this tool for any company seeking to efficiently and effectively manage a commission program.

Pros

Versatile web-based
Integrates well with QuickBooks
Can manage commission plans that range from the simple to the complex
Good analytics and reporting
Cost effective

Cons

Can require support for material plan changes
Web-based tool takes time to adapt to
A more intuitive web interface would be helpful

Response from CellarStone, Inc.

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We sincerely appreciate it. Please rest assured that we will take your comments and do our best to improve.

Jason E.
  • Industry: Wholesale

QCommission Successful for Implementing New Commission Software

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

We have been able to cut our time in calculating commissions by about 75%, and that is even AFTER implementing a much more complex program. The overall process is not simple, but is not impossible to learn. Once you take the time to work with the team to get everything like you need, it becomes much easier. Fortunately, the QCommission team is patient, knowledgeable and helps you understand the product and the process.

Pros

QCommission was able to calculate commissions based on paid sales, which is something that we struggled with for years within Quickbooks. Also, the team is very responsive to any issues that come up, and also in helping direct admins/users to understand the software. They are very patient, which helps the user feel like they are a part of the team, and not simply a customer.

Cons

Implementation took longer than expected, but we did have a challenging structure to our program with growth based rates, bonuses, etc. The software is not very user friendly. Customizing reports are best left to the experts, even though the functionality is available for admins/users.

Response from CellarStone

Hello Jason! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We are glad QCommission has been able to help you with the commissions that you have struggled with for years. We're also happy to hear that you're happy with the team. Rest assured I have taken note of your comments and have forwarded them to the appropriate team. We appreciate for giving us the opportunity to further improve, and we look forward to working with you in the many years to come. :)

Jeanine G.
  • Used for 2+ years

Commission for financial services company

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

The QCommission team is very responsive to my needs and requests.

Pros

Qcommissions is easy to use and eliminate wrong or missed commissions for my employees. The software cuts down the time I spend each period calculating commissions.

Cons

Some of the options are not straight forward in how they are named so it takes getting used to. The main page seems to be built for the end user with large icons and user friendly, but some of the more detailed reports and drop downs feel more like they are tailored to the producer.

Response from CellarStone

Hello, Jeanine! Thank you for writing a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it. We're so happy that QCommission has helped cut down the time you spend on calculating sales commissions! I have forwarded your recommendations to our dev team so we can make QCommission even better for you in the future. :)

Patrick E.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Complete Commission Software

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

I'm very satisfied with QCommission. It helped me reduce the amount of time I spend processing commission. Before, it takes me a couple days, at the minimum, processing commission because of the manual process I need to do. With QCommission, it only takes me a couple of hours to finish processing commissions, but it depends on how big is our data. By reducing the amount of time I spend in commission, I'm able to do my other work. Also, by using QCommission, it prevents from having errors, for example missing an invoice or wrong calculation. The QCommission team that worked with me in developing the software are great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are very knowledgeable and accommodate everything we asked. They are very responsive when I contact them and updates me on the progress. I thank them very much.

Pros

Of all the commission software I've tried and read about, QCommission, I think is perfect for the kind of commission structure we have in our company. It's very easy to use and it can do everything I need to process commission especially having different structures for all our sales reps.

Cons

There are no cons that I can say about the software because it's very flexible.

Response from CellarStone

Hello, Patrick! Thank you so much for all the nice things you said about QCommission. We are very happy that QCommission has been of great help to you and that you're happy with the service as well. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We look forward to working with you for many years to come. :)

Thea P.
  • Industry: Maritime

Great Help for Complex Programs

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

We have multiple plans for internal and external agents that are all different. QC allows for these programs to be easily managed and updated as needed. This has saved a lot of hours during our month end close. Payouts can be quickly calculated and presented with a few clicks.

Pros

This software was able to adapt to our complex programs and made pulling payout data very easy. It is easy to add or change program details.

Cons

Our programs are complex so the set up took some time but the team at QC was supportive and available same day.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Thea! Thank you so much for finding time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it! We are glad that we were able to help reduce the complexity of your sales comp programs and that you don't have to spend so much time anymore at the end of each month. We look forward to working with you in the many years to come!

Sarah Y.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Made my life simple

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

Support team always available, easy to use, made doing commission simple!

Pros

Payout reports and summary of each individual

Cons

Currently, I do not feel like any features are missing. I am able to run the reports i need

Response from CellarStone

Hello, Sarah! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. Rest assured we are going to let the support team know that they are appreciated. We are also glad that we are able to make commission processing so much simpler for you! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Alice H.

An extremely versatile and customizable commissions solution!

Reviewed on 18/07/2016

Our organization pays over a hundred external brokers and numerous internal representatives -commissions and bonuses. This software allowed me to consolidate over 10 spreadsheets of work into one streamlined process. It is able to handle various commission calculations based off of contract #, lives count, and/ or premium numbers. It allows me to split commissions easily and can handle the multitude of exceptions to the rules that I have to account for. My QC Team is always there to assist, adjust, fix, and create new configurations to make sure the software is meeting my commission calculation needs

Pros

The program allowed me to:
- Gave my brokers and sales reps access to an online portal to view their statements ' past and present ' at their convenience.
- Supplied professional looking statements (v.s. the Excel spreadsheet snippets I was using previously as a statement) to provide to my brokers, improving our company's image and professionalism.
- Consolidated a three week, multiple spreadsheet operation into a three day one spreadsheet upload process.
- Easily track and access data for past transactions (v.s. searching through multiple spreadsheets and creating an annual tracking spreadsheet for research purposes).
- Combine all my different commission types paid from separate companies onto one statement for each payee.
- Save a ton of time with a 'one click' mass emailing feature to email out statements to all my brokers and sales reps (previous process this took ½ a day to send individual emails to each payee).

Cons

Opportunity for improvement:
- System not available through an online program/ portal and must be accessed via Remote Desktop.
- Software runs a bit sluggishly and crashes periodically (without any data loss).
- IT/ Development team has no external system for tracking open tickets and I had to find my own work around to be sure my tickets were being followed up on (I used Trello for this).
- Remote Server uses a free-ware version of MS Office that I find not so user friendly.
- One must be very computer/ software savvy to use this program as it is not very user friendly, is extremely fastidious with how data must be entered, user guides and not helpful, and reports are not logically set up for the industry standards.
- Had to analyze and design all my own checks and balances and have reports custom built to meet my requirements (custom reports require an extra charge $).

Response from CellarStone

Hi, Alice! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely appreciate it. We're happy to know that QCommission helps you save a ton of precious time! We'll also let the appropriate group know about the concerns you mentioned. Thanks again! :)

Denise S.

Big enough to support our needs yet affordable

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

Prior to our implementation of QCommission, our commission process was manual, error prone and did not have any good reports for our commission-able employees. That meant the accounting department was always having to answer lots of questions, always double checking calculations, and it was a time consuming inefficient process. During our implementation process, we were able to refine our commission policy to be more fair and more effective. Our project manager,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was incredible to work with. She did not give up and really dug into our processes and ensured the software was implemented correctly.

Pros

The software reflects the team that designed it. It is surprisingly powerful for the cost. And it is surprisingly adaptable to complex commission structures. The QCommission team was absolutely great to work with. They stayed with us tenaciously during the implementation phase as we not only changed our commission software but our accounting software. Overall, it is a great product designed by great people.

Cons

I truly liked everything about the software. If I searched for a con, it would be that the user interface should be updated but that is truly minor when comparing to the functionality.

Response from CellarStone

Hello, Denise! Thank you so much for writing a review for QCommission. Your words are truly heartwarming. I will make sure the customer success team receives this. Thank you so much, and we're glad you're happy with QCommission! :)

Laura G.

Excellent. The product, the customer service, the overall solution has been streamlined.

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

It has been an immense time savings to our company. With paying near 1,000 payees with over 60 different comp plans, this flexible solution has been extremely helpful in tracking payee movement, incentives, and audit trails. Not to mention, the support team's customer service is second to none. For the low price of the system, we've already seen a return on investment in our eyes.

Cons

One must be very detailed when going thru the requirements of the software with the implementation team, and if adding enhancements going forward as well.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Laura, this is great! We're glad that QCommission has been a huge help to you and that you're already seeing a return on investment! I have noted down the "con" that you mentioned and will share it with the appropriate team so we can continue to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We sincerely appreciate it. :)

- Dianne

Alex B.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

QCommission is a solid commission processor that does almost everything I need (see cons)

Reviewed on 25/07/2017

It has made my job significantly easier, rendering several weeks of work down to just a couple days a month. I have found that it is highly accurate, and often the only mistakes are due to user error alone.

Pros

- The ability to use the data integration module to import bulk data templates from insurance carriers
- Automated calculations of commission splits
- Easy to edit splits and payees
- The custom report that tracks the premium periods of commissions paid
- The customer service that comes with the software

Cons

- Initially, I found the software to be tricky to use. The data integration error codes often do not explain in basic language how to rectify the problems. Once I used the software for a few months though, it became second nature to understand what they meant.
- The standard reports are far too much information. I no longer use the reports out of QCommission - I export data to Excel and create pivot tables that summarize multiple rows of transactions for a given customer and product into one number. It is a much more logical commission statement than seeing every single $0.05 adjusting transaction from the carriers on it's own row.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for writing a review of QCommission. We appreciate your time, and we're also grateful for the feedback. I have forwarded your review to the appropriate team so that they can work on improving QCommission even more. Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you in many years to come! - Dianne

Lisa M.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

After many months of researching a commission software program that was affordable and easy to use, Cellarstone/Q Commission program met all of our requirements.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], along with his team, worked diligently and continually with our company ensuring all necessary conditions/details were met.
We work primarily with the animal health industry and our items/ commissions are unique to most.
We utilize our commissions program on a daily basis and are extremely pleased with the details, reports, ability to revise, setup reports to meet our (very) specific, detailed needs

Pros

designed specifically to meet our needs

Cons

no negatives
all requirements fulfilled.

Response from CellarStone

Hi, Lisa!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it, and we are glad that QCommission is helping make your sales commission process easier. Thank you again! Take care and stay safe.

Norynne S.

Definatley Recommend QComm

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

We have worked with QComm for a few years now and we could not be happier with both the product and the people. Our experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Project Manager was really something special. Her dedication and drive to understand our needs went above and beyond, by far. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our current Customer Success manager has also show an amazing desire to understand who we are, anticipates what we need even before we do and is nothing less than spectacular. I do also have to give a special mention our developer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Our program turned out to be much more extensive than originally planned and he exhibited a desire to understand our needs and the focus and drive to make sure everything was built perfectly (even with some trailing adjustments). With an unmatched balance of that "personal touch" and professionalism we all look for, I am very happy to recommend QComm.

Pros

Ease of use and quickness of system.....

Cons

System is a bit technical, so some may need a second training.

Response from CellarStone

Hi Norynne! Thank you so much for taking some precious time to write a review for QCommission. We are thrilled that you are happy with everyone you've worked with thus far. We will strive to go above and beyond to always give you and all of our customers the kind of service you deserve.

Thanks again, and please always stay safe. :)

- Dianne G., Marketing Coordinator

Jeannette J.

TKO Associates knocks out commissions with QCommission!

Reviewed on 21/07/2009

I have recommended QCommission to many of my other QuickBooks and Enterprise clients.
The cost is very reasonable and the benefits are soaring.

Jeannette Johnsen
QuickBooks Pro Advisor
972-672-8773
[email protected]
TKO Associates
Dallas, TX

Pros

Extremely helpful and knowledgeable programming staff and responsive customer service team. Able to customize QCommission to satisfy the requirements for many unique situations.
Custom orders paid for in previous periods, even previous years, and applied to current period sales orders and invoices, the team worked to configured a field that allowed completed date to be read.
Queries were configured & developed that allowed interim commission reports and be pro-active in looking at invoice and line item P&Ls
Queries were developed that allowed mass hold items with sales but not cost, easy to review and research before commissions.
They produced a query to down load individual sales persons reports so the sales could monitor during the month. This allowed the sales team to be involved with their reports throughout the month, not just at the commission time. Saving for the company went across the board, labor, accuracy and satisfied and happy sales team members.

Cons

Time for contact is limited because of QCommissions being in California and the site in Dallas, TX but Customer service was flexible and able to arrange time.

Kevin G.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great value and excellent customer support

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

We are a manufacturing company that has locations in US, Mexico and Brazil. Our company has been using QCommission for over three years now. We have had to use their customer support for a number of our new projects. They have been exceptional for us. They are courteous, prompt and very knowledgeable on the product and have had exceptional patience with us. We are very happy that we found them years ago and will continue to use them moving forward. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to manage their commission payments.

Pros

Software is very easy to navigate and it is very straight forward on how to get what you want out of it.

Cons

Nothing I dislike about this product.

Response from CellarStone

Hello, Kevin! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're pleased to know that you're happy with the service that you've been receiving. We'll do our best to make sure you receive the kind of service you expect every time. :)

Andrew H.

Save time and effort calculating commissions based on job profitability

Reviewed on 02/12/2010

QCommission has saved us time and effort in calculating commissions. It is robust enough to handle complex allocations and calculations.

Pros

In our business we sell oil and gas related equipment and want to provide commissions based on the profitability of jobs. The commission is split between a number of outside and inside sales people depending upon the role of the sales person on the job. Commission is paid out based on the date final payment is received.
With QCommission we do some additional tracking up front for allocating commissions to the payee. When a final payment is received, the job is closed. We then import this data into QCommission. QCommission calculates the commission and allocates it to the individuals. We have certain items that are not commissionable and we add an extra calculation for shipping costs. From here, the calculations are exported to a spreadsheet that can be printed out for management and for the payees.
QCommission handles all of this complexity in a fraction of the time previously spent. It also provides us with commission reports for each payee and for management.

Cons

During the setup process we had a few glitches in setting up commissions. I was always able to get quick support to overcome these problems.

Nina C.
  • Used for 1+ year

User Friendly Commission Platform

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

The team at QCommission is great. They are always helpful when I have any questions. QCommission is very customer focus driven which is something I look for when finding a product/service to use.

Pros

I am able to add new members easily and create different commission structures. The platform is very user friendly and I am able to adjust amounts and do split commission easily.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches but they are always available to fix them

Response from CellarStone

Hi, Nina!

Thank you so much for taking some precious time to write a review for QCommission! We sincerely appreciate it. :) We're happy that you're happy with our service and that QCommission has been able to help you process commissions easily. We look forward to providing you good quality service in many years to come. :)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Neil N.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

its been great

Reviewed on 01/09/2017

Pros

After fine tuning the original software it now meets our expectations. if it wasn't for the Y2K scare we would never have seen this product.

Cons

when there are issues we are dead in the water, fortunately it doesn't happen too often. even when it does the response time is quick

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Generally, our experience has been good because the software completes all of the basics...

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

The commission software is much better than our previous software and is cost manageable. It satisfies the basic needs of what is required on a monthly basis.

Pros

I like the fact that the software is able to compute complicated commission structures and can process in a presentable format for our employees. For the general calculations, it is easy to run the monthly information.

Cons

When a change is needed, it is difficult and time consuming to get into the system. Also, the system for imputing new employees should be better to implement. For example: We have about twenty different commission plans that have to be entered line by line for each employee. I would prefer a table of commission structures and just enter a commission code i.e. "A" or "J" to make it faster.

Response from CellarStone

Hi! Thank you for this review of QCommission. We sincerely appreciate it. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate team. We will work on finding ways to make things better. Thanks again.

- Dianne Gutierrez, Marketing Coordinator

Adam W.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

QCommission Review

Reviewed on 16/09/2016

Pros

QCommission is easy enough to use on your own but still gives you a lot of control and the ability to set up many different plans for your sales reps. Integration with QuickBooks is seamless. Their support staff has been excellent to work with and always gets back to us in short order.

Cons

The initial set up can be difficult to do on your own. Fortunately, the support staff was very helpful and worked through all of it with us.

Shari D.

Has streamlined our archaic commission tracking and reporting system!

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

After 20+ years of strictly reporting through Excel and Access our company needed a change as we were growing quickly and taking on a 30% sales increase. The Support and Implementation departments are incredible to work with an very prompt in their communication. Prabhu and Yuvaraj always answer within 30min of an e-mail and provide a very detailed answer that is incredibly easy to understand and put into action. We are very pleased with the services we have received and would highly recommend the program to any business dealing with sales and commissions!

Pros

Easy to create practical reports for all Sales reporting. Easy integration process that only takes minutes to create monthly commission payables. Excellent customer service and communication. Commission reports integrate into payroll system with easy.

Response from CellarStone

Hi, Shari! Thank you so much for this review! We'll make sure to let Prabhu and Yuvaraj know that you are happy with their services. :)

Susan H.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Very well supported. provides needed calculations and reporting

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Pros

flexible, use quarterly with Annual structure changes
fits our commission structure, regions and currencies
good support team at Qcommission

Cons

Technical nature of database backend requires expert hands on for major commission changes.
Training and documentation available for those that have skill sets or resources to have staff be 100% independent

Response from CellarStone, Inc.

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for reviewing QCommission! We appreciate your time and the comments. We will strive to continuously improve.

Dianne G.