Kickserv Reviews

#1 Most User-Friendly Software to Run a Service Business

4.2/5

374 Reviews for UK Users

Cyndi

Get your DISPTACH house in order

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

We have been with Kick Serv through a lot of growing pains. As a "non techy" person, I was very frustrated in the beginning but now have become a believer that THIS IS a great program for our growing business. I am looking forward to see which upgrades are coming for 2019. (Allow techs to search for specific job numbers in the field, colors change as job phases are uploaded with new people assigned to same job, adding the use of our standard quote forms, time sheet management)

Pros

Able to track all incoming calls with a glance at calendar screen. See every tech (color coded) daily, weekly and monthly. Track days off, vacations, in a glance, with customer on the phone!

Cons

Still no way to automatically change color coding as each phase of a project is completed and we need to add different tradesmen to the job. We have to "open" each job BEFORE we schedule a tech to see if he/she is already assigned to an ongoing job.

Response from KickServ

Hello Cyndi,
Many thanks for the abundance of positive feedback. And as always the suggestions to make our product better and more user friendly is what we thrive on here.

To quickly gather what jobs a technician or tradesman is on go directly to our Jobs index page and use the "assign to" filter.

Ping me back from within the app if you'd like to discuss this idea further. We are here to help.

Kyle
Kyle

Excellent, agile field management software

Reviewed on 22/03/2016

We've used Kickserv for about a year now, and are pleased with our experience. We run moving and relocation company, and have a lot of part-time workers. Our business model requires a lot from the software, and we've had to get creative to make some features fit for us, but all in all we've not found a better solution for a better price.

Some of the aspects that we appreciate include:

- Resource view - allows you to see all of your workers at a glance. This is our most crucial page, and it does what it needs to very, very well.
- API interaction allows us to push/pull information from management dashboards that are integrated with other business intelligence data streams.
- Everything is right at your fingertips - easily access jobs, estimates, customers, reports, marketing via the left-hand column. Need to search through it all? You can do that too. Very fast and easy to navigate.
- Full functionality on any device! I can manage my teams from even my phone's browser, anywhere. I can be on a call, processing a credit card, and logging charges and time-tracking all at once - on my mobile device, no less.
-Very customizeable. Change your marketing, your invoices, your estimates, your emails, user permissions, job fields, etc. etc. etc.
- Help is right there in the bottom corner of the screen, with an estimate of when someone will get back to you. I can't say enough about how professional everyone I've spoken with has been, and how personal the customer service is.

Some things we hope will continue to improve:

- The mobile app in our experience has not been as good as the web page - but you can just use the web version.
- Your workflow experience differs depending on where you start to enter your data, which is slightly confusing. Still, the process is flexible enough to allow you to schedule jobs however you prefer.
- It would be great if Kickserv had a JIRA-type bug tracker that allowed us to submit tickets and see their status, as well as provide attachments, updates and feedback.
- Interaction with third-party software, like Quickbooks or Google Calendar, could be improved.

With stellar customer service, and an ever growing feature list, give Kickserv a shot. Overall, its been a solid choice for managing teams in the field, with plenty of flexibility - even for us.

Andrew

The old system service psychic was very useful and user-friendly. The new software is terrible.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

During the service sidekick years, many. During the kick serve years nearly 0 other than scheduling.

Pros

The calendar is the biggest strength of this program. I like being able to use colors for different types of jobs. Also when you move something on the calendar it automatically updates. Our new software does not do that and I miss it. Service psychic used to be very easy to add people into the system and get them scheduled. Kick serve was not. The quick add was a great function when we were at tradeshows or when you're on the phone with a customer.

Cons

The reporting is near worthless. None of the reports are ever accurate, and trying to get someone to help you make them accurate was like banging your head against a wall. The system was incredibly unreliable It is constantly going down. For a web-based system, businesses rely on its functionality during business hours. We had many days of inability to use the system. They're always seem to be some reason why it crashed. The system was much much better when it was service sidekick. We had to build a salesforce software system because it was so dysfunctional. The customer service was also incredibly bad.

Response from KickServ

We migrated hundreds of our original customers from our legacy system to Kickserv starting in April 2017 through May 2017. We inherited some issues that we certainly should have anticipated or planned for. We did find a couple processing issues bringing on all those older accounts so quickly. We have since cleared those problems and added many more resources to handle much more growth.
We sincerely apologize to all our loyal customers for enduring those weeks of processing delays.

Emily
  • Industry: Accounting

So easy to go paperless

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Before Kickserv, we were still using paper invoices. We really wanted to go paperless and this really helped! We also didn't have to tell customers that they needed to call the office to pay with a card. Sometimes they were stuck waiting until I was available to process it for them since it is a small family company

Pros

It was great that our HVAC techs plumbers were able to fill out an invoice right at the job and the customer could immediately pay it! The GPS Feature is also great. It helped us to know where our techs were and if they were still running on schedule so we could call customers if we needed to.

Cons

I found it very easy to use, but some of our less tech savvy techs struggled. The biggest issue we had was when an invoice was done incorrectly and the customer already paid it. Most of the time the customers were pretty understanding, though.

Response from KickServ

Hello Emily,

We really appreciate your time and the feedback you provided, especially about how great our Live GPS Tracking feature is. We thrive on good feedback & good reviews so thank you.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Love this program!

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

I absolutely love this program and highly recommend it. The best CRM I have ever used, I have over 20 years plus experience with CRM programs so that says a lot.

Pros

This program talks with Everything! Your QB software, and has an app for out in the field. I can do everything start to finish in this program.

Cons

I would love the ability to color-code technicians out in the field on the calendar.

Response from KickServ

Hello, 10/10 is awesome!

We are glad to hear that you love Kickserv and that we are meeting your needs and expectations!

I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you about our color-coding options in Kickserv. You can reach me directly at [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a part of the Kickserv family!

Heath
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Product for us starting out the service division of our company

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

We've enjoyed it, & it's made us more profitable

We've enjoyed it, & it's made us more profitable

Pros

I really enjoy being able to review our customer base, & the ease of billing/payment before we leave.

Cons

The reports could be more user friendly. It's not always the easiest to decifer how I can get just a P/L number for the jobs entered.

Response from KickServ

Hello Heath, thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you've found our product to be user friendly and easy to use. I have passed along your feedback regarding reports to our Product Team. They take all customer feedback into consideration when planning product updates, so it's extremely valuable to us!

Ted
Ted

Excellent product

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Kickserv enabled me to take the business up a level. The ease of use and the ability to make adjustments and changes on the fly have increased our productivity and or profitability as well as our customer service.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, and gives us excellent flexibility and control over our scheduling. We love it!

Cons

Making additions to existing jobs is a little bit cumbersome.

Response from KickServ

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ted. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Eric
  • Industry: Public Safety

Good product

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Everything has been smooth. We are happy that we chose this product for our business.

Pros

Easy to use user friendly, easy to navigate

Cons

I don't like the notification feature being inaccurate with times. Sometimes it's good other times it's way off

Response from KickServ

Hello Eric,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We very much appreciate your feedback. If you want to send us some specifics at [email protected] regarding the notifications issue you've experienced, we'd be happy to dive into it further.

Scott

Pres

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Took awhile to get a good handle of things thoughout the platform, but once learnt, it's down hill.

Pros

At Emerald Yards we like all the features it comes with.

Cons

I can do without the inporting / exporting of data.

Response from KickServ

Hello Scott,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're happy that you are getting good use out of Kickserv. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Success Managers. They are always willing to help.

Goeppert
Goeppert

Kickserv has alot of potential that our company was not using, support is amazing, just ask!!!

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

Very easy to use, many reports available based on data we enter into system. The custom reports are awesome, you can build any that are needed. For a small company, 3 years old that I just started working for 1 year ago, they needed the push to use it to its capacity and we are now getting information out of it that is very valuable for growth.

Response from KickServ

Hello Jo-Ann,
thank you for the review. What could we do to get the extra stars?

Shawn

5 year user of Service Sidekick now KickServ

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Service Sidekick was a great product, they now forced all of their customers to Kickserv. They did the changeover at 10am on a weekday when it was scheduled for 10pm. We were down all day and received no apology. The changeover broke several systems. It no longer syncs to quickbooks correctly. When a task is made for someone it no longer tells people who made it and the Kickserv team is basically AFK.

Pros

I like how easy it used to be to use. If I had to buy the new kickserv I would run away screaming

Cons

Terrible interface. Terrible tech support. Very slow. Incredibly convoluted. First you make a job with charges, then you have to "generate an Invoice" from that job, then you can enter a payment, then after entering that you can mark it paid, then after doing all of that you can mark the job complete. What a nightmare.

Customers are syncing to the wrong customers in Quickbooks, which has caused an accounting nightmare.

Response from KickServ

As you mentioned, the upgrade process did not go as planned. Your upgrade was completed later than expected, due to an unforeseen issue with another account's upgrade. We're truly sorry this happened.

After the upgrade, we discovered that you had recently changed your QuickBooks sales tax codes, which inadvertently left 97 of your 4997 customers without a proper sales tax code. We reset your sales tax code for those 97 records so that your taxes calculated properly.

We worked with you extensively over phone and screen share until we resolved these and other issues to your satisfaction.

It sounds like there are some things you don't like about the new interface. We would love to hear more about your concerns and also invite you to a free training session where we can discuss the changes in detail.

Leeann

Great customer service every time!

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Pros

This software is easy to use and some really great features... I like that I can drag appointments from one day to the next if needed. And contact customer service if needed easily.

Cons

I wish there were more alerts that would come up - such as an alert that will come up when scheduling someone that has an open balance so that we can let the customer know when scheduling, also what would be really helpful is if there was an alert that pops up stating that there is already a scheduled appointment open for that customer to avoid potentially double booking a customer (sometimes a wife will call to schedule and the husband may have already scheduled and it gets confusing). When scheduling multiple days on jobs I wish it didn't go on top of the calendar but blocked out the time. Also wish that there was an alert that would come up if a customer address is already in the database to avoid duplicates. Also, wish that email reminders were able to customize so that we could change time frames as we schedule in 2 hour increments - so we are really not able to use the feature which is one of the reasons we picked this scheduling software over others.

Response from KickServ

Hello Leeann - thank you for your time and feedback. To help avoid duplicate bookings our best practice is to search customers by street address prior to booking. Street addresses are very unique and will display any prior events for that location.

Chelsea V

Kickserv has been a valuable addition to our business. It helped our company become more...

Reviewed on 26/11/2017

Pros

The calendar and resource views and functionalities are the best features of Kickserv. We have 7 vehicles on the road and we need to know where they are and how each job went. Kickserv allows us to communicate in a cloud based system that all of our techs can access in real-time. When a change is made to the calendar, all office staff can see it. Technicians can leave job notes before they leave the job site, and customers can pay online after they are invoiced by email.
The newer look of KickServ was a real step up from the original Service Sidekick. It has grown with us and continues to get better everyday. It has really begun to feel like we have a real business and we are happy with the way KickServ has grown into theirs as well.

Cons

The technicians cannot see the description of charges in the itemized list of charges while using the mobile app on their phones.
Some issues with recurring jobs - I have found that most of the issues get resolved as soon as we mention them to the KickServ customer service team. If there is an answer, the team is willing to try and find it.
When KickServ lags or goes down it slows our company down to a crawl. It was worse before, and only keeps getting better.

Beverly
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great product and service

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

The biggest benefit is time saved. We run a small, family locksmith business. My husband and son are out on the road and I'm in the office. We've expanded into a home watch business as well. Kickserv is very efficient and cut my labor time by at least a third. Plus, the techs out on the road can pull it up on their phones and don't have to call in to ask questions about jobs.

Pros

Ease of use. We looked at several options and Kickserv has the best quality for the price. We use the product differently than intended. The color coding intended for services we use for our technicians. I look at the calendar and I can see where each one is by the color. We do use some colors for services such as active jobs or jobs on hold. Kickserv integrates smoothly with QuickBooks online which saves a lot of time and work. We do our invoicing in Kickserv and it syncs with QB immediately.

Cons

I can't think of anything right now that I'd change.

Response from KickServ

Thank you Beverly, for taking the time to leave us the SUPER review!

Dorian
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Good experience overall, customer support time is frustrating tho...

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

We boost productivity big time with this software!

We boost productivity big time with this software!

Pros

This software offers great functionality and customization, so far has been the one that adapted the most to our requirements. New functionalities are added on weekly basis which is really nice. Price is very accessible for small business. Is easy to use once that you get the grip on it which takes time because some stuff is somehow counter intuitive, I seriously recommend getting the paid support/training sessions otherwise you will get very frustrated.
integration with QB and use of credit card payment is solid.

Cons

Customer support time is frustrating, they take at least several hours to get back to you then sometimes they will reply and stop answering for another several hours, this made us almost regret our decision when setting up our account. They offer documentation for the software but a lot of topics are mere drafts and do not contain a lot of information. Despite the fact that they answer really slow they are very helpful with the answers provided and you can be sure your problem will get solve 90% of the time or a feature request will be placed.

Sometimes the system gets really slow , specially on Monday mornings and end of the month, contacting support and letting them know seems to fix the issue most of the time...

The Android app could use some improvement although it has improve a lot in the last 6 months.

jessica
  • Industry: Maritime

Lots of bugs, calendar feature unusable

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Horrible

Horrible

Pros

Easy to learn at first. Sends reminder emails to clients for jobs...

Cons

The calendar is buggy. Will repopulate canceled posts on its own. Has a reoccurring scheduling feature that sometime works sometimes doesn’t. Drop clients for no reason. Been working with kickserve for two years and still no solution to these scheduling errors. They cost me money, frustrate clients, and force me to be ever vigilant so that I have to triple check bugs and scheduling. The only reason I am still with these guys is because it’s too time consuming to switch crms.... this is a horrible Crm for a mid sized or small and growing company... walk away

Response from KickServ

Hello Jessica and Derek,
I spoke with you on the phone. We discussed a better customer flow when managing event cancellations that should prevent issues with our repeating jobs feature. We regret that any confusion and extra work that this may have caused you. As we discussed we are actively working to make our repeating jobs features more dynamic as well as the rest of the program. We appreciate your continued loyalty to work with Kickserv. We aim to exceed expectations.

Laurie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Most intuitive program I’ve used

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Nothing but praise for everything and everyone we ever interacted with. 14 years of happiness!

Pros

We like the Resources Calendar week at a glance the most. Easy to see where every tech is scheduled, how long each job should take, and color coded by type of job, which we set up. This program is very intuitive to use, with large screens and no tiny fields that fill up a screen that you don’t need or care about using. We’ve been forced to use other big name programs by our franchise, which no one we talked to liked at all, but we always kept Kickserv throughout as our main go to. It’s iPhone easy to use! Skip the CRM that advertised during the Super Bowl. We and everyone we know hated it.

Cons

The only thing that was a problem was when it stopped syncing to desktop QuickBooks 2009. We didn’t upgrade QB, and had to manually enter sold jobs. It was worth it to us to not have to buy another QB program

Stephen
  • Industry: Automotive

Not the worst Ive used

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

It has helped me keep track of customers but painfully so. The only reason I have not switched is because I do not have the time to learn a new program. If all of my complaints are resolved before I have the time to implement a new program I will stay; however, service has yet to make me someone who will recommend people or be loyal to this program.

Pros

I like the price point, I like that there is relatively little down time. And I like some of the features the software has

Cons

There are several complaints that I have had from day one. First the reporting is terrible, building a report is often a trial and error endeavor. Even after successfully building a report there are time that it just breaks. Seeing the "Ah, Nuts we'll ninja the heck out of that error" leaves me with nightmares. There are simple reports that should come standard that every business should use. Other than the reports, I find that the software was built to fit many businesses which make sense; however, it makes it harder for my specific business to work with a higher functionality. I cant attach cars to work orders instead I have to print it out and highlight it for my guys. There are other issues like this.

Sage
  • Industry: Entertainment

Horible

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

we are getting better at troubleshooting problems created by the software.

we are getting better at troubleshooting problems created by the software.

Pros

when it works it's exactly what we need. it seems i need 100 characters to submit this form. unfortuantely I can't seem to find 100 nice words to say about your service.

Cons

there are way too many glitches for the price tag & support is never anywhere to be found. In the time it took for your tech support to get back to us we have already found another field management software and are taking the steps to transfer over. unfortunately, we are running a business and don't have the time to waste while ksa gets their act together. we would expect this of a beta test, not a paid service.

Response from KickServ

The "glitches" or downtime he is correct. They were to numerous during our migration of customers from legacy to our new Kickserv platform in April 2017. We have since corrected all those issues inherited from that one time event.

We apologize very much so that we did not anticipate those issues better.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Kickserv Review

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

The software is easy to customize, makes training new employees much easier, and running reports is simple. The customer support team always makes us aware of any changes or down times, and is always responsive to any inquiries or issues we may have.

Pros

The interface is extremely easy to use, and maneuver through. It is also very simple to create your own custom fields, reports, and track data.

Cons

There is no way to track inventory, and modifying customized work orders can sometimes be a nuisance.

Response from KickServ

Hello James,
Thank you very much for your time and the review. Your viewpoints were insightful. We are happy to hear how easy it is for new users to learn the flow of Kickserv and get started.
We certainly do have inventory on our roadmap of feature requests. It remains a feature that our Quickbooks and Xero integrations do very well.
We should discuss how we can enhance the customization of templates such as work orders with each other. I'll reach out to you directly.
Thank you again for your review.

Tomasz

The best software for new or mid size businesses

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

I love it. I would recommend to everyone! Very good software.

I love it. I would recommend to everyone! Very good software.

Pros

Customer service is the best whenever you need help they are here for you. Easy to manage and very helpful everywhere (office, on a field)

Cons

Some features they are on PC but not on mobile.

FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile

Response from KickServ

Hey Tomasz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a wonderful review along with the feedback regarding the mobile app. We are always looking for ways to improve our mobile app experience. If you have a feature in mind that you'd like on the mobile app that's not currently available, definitely reach out to our support team at [email protected] and they can assist you with your feature request.

Thank you again for your review and continued support. :)

Judy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Pros & Cons of using Kickserv

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

It keeps our customer history in tact, and that has truly come in handy multiple times.

Pros

I like the fact that we can track the history of our customer's and review previous work performed. also, like the fact that we can have a daily view of everything scheduled within that day. The calendar is also helpful in scheduling future jobs, and time management.

Cons

There isn't an easy uncomplicated way to delete services that are not needed once they are signed on for.
I understand the reasoning to keep just anyone from changing services, but it really doesn't have to be where one has to call and sit on phone for a while to get something not needed.

Response from KickServ

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback, Judy. We greatly appreciate it. We would also like to gather some more information about your services. Perhaps we can lend a hand.

Don

I think you put a product out that has NOT been throughly beta tested.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

When it work it is great, however I have been on the new system for about six months and it still is not working properly.

Cons

When it works. The app is horrible. But, everyone know that already. You really need to hire outside help to figure out how to permanently fix it once and for all. I have put in numerous requests and have even had Customer support representative
out to my house to discuss the problems. He left with a punch list of about 14 things none of which have been fixed to my knowledge.

Response from KickServ

Went to customer's place of business and met with him one-on-one. We spoke for a couple of hours on what the issues were. We found some issues that were certainly areas that I made a list of to get addressed by my product manage as well as fixed by the development team. We also discovered a couple processes that were being done incorrectly and I did my best to clear those steps up with the owner of this business as well as his lead field tech.

Bill
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software for a 1 to 5 Truck Operation!!

Reviewed on 22/08/2015

Pros

It was really easy to use. I was able to take my business from 3 employees up to 15 before I started feeling any pain.
The estimates were customization with HTML. We were able to add some very cool code that would add offer banners depending on what was in the estimate.
It tracks every time your customer opens your estimates. Great for know who to call.
The software works well with quickbooks online. The work flow is logical.

Cons

It was week on CRM functions like phone and email integration. The mobile app never worked for us but to be fair our account may have outgrown the design.

There was no ability to group several jobs in to a project. This hurts when trying to find sale conversion rates because we often wrote several optional estimate to win 1 project.

Not having enough features to take my business for 20 to 50 employees. I would still be using it if they had developed a few more features or integrated tightly with a office CRM.

Kickservs has a really nice integration with QBO at the invoices level but none at the prospect or estimate level. If KS's contacts and estimates would of synced and mirrored QBO I Would of found a CRM to layer over KS to get the features I needed.

Jesse

Kickserv

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

Pros

I loved the ease at which you could schedule, invoice, send estimates, and basically run the company from your laptop and/or phone.

Cons

The only thing I disliked about the product is getting ahold of the service dept and the sync with Quickbooks.

Response from KickServ

Hello Jesse - We love the fact that Kickserv is helping you run your business. And the fact that it allows you to be mobile and see all your work and contact customers and techs. Reaching our support should never be an issue. If you are using the blue message bubble or emailing us directly [email protected] or calling 888-805-8909 you should be getting a response Same Day guaranteed (M-F), usually within just minutes, and the phone we are able to answer within a few rings and that too leaves a support ticket with the same crew. If that doesn't happen you email me directly [email protected]. Again, thank you for your review.