Evernote Teams Reviews

Evernote Teams

4.4 (8,231)
Write a Review!
Create, capture & access everyday notes on mobile devices

(8,231)

8231 Reviews for UK Users

Hitesh
Hitesh
  • Industry: Publishing

The perfect notetaking tool!

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

One of Evernote's many features is its array of services and programs for keeping and analyzing written notes. A note, also known as a "note" in Evernote, can consist of text, photos, or embedded audio files. It can also have file attachments. straight from the very start, it can be organized into file folders, then named, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as an integral part of a pocket notebook. Evernote supports several mobile device platforms (including iOS, OS X, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Chrome OS, BlackBerry, and WebOS), and simultaneously has numerous web-based setup options and backup options.

Pros

Users can quickly create an attractive and easy-to-view note depending on preferences with Evernote, which offers several aesthetic, stylistic, and format choices for the user to choose from.

Sharing class notes and collaborating on them was made extremely accessible by Evernote, helping students work together in the learning environment.

Evernote makes it simple to organize information with notebooks, tags, and shortcuts, allowing users to swiftly locate what they need.

Cons

Integration with Outlook works to some extent, but needs to be improved seeing as most situations a Evernote file is not detected by Outlook and a plugin for Evernote slows down outlook.

The desktop client version 10 for Windows system lacks the opening of the program straight from the taskbar icon or the option to autostart at login.

A nice feature is that you can personalize your home page, but if you opt to save these customizations, it's a pay-to-play aspect.

OneDrive and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

Like Microsoft OneNote and Notion, Evernote is an excellent app to help you keep up with daily notes and start to create compilations of important information. Evernote is also beneficial to busy business executives who don't want to deal with carrying bulky books of printed documents around.
Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Media Production

Ever Noted For The Masses

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

I remember Evernote when it was in its early development stages as an optimistic note-taking application. Years in the making, it grew a business software branch and became even more extensive. I have positive support for the brand and hope it'll continue to grow.

Pros

I really appreciate its savvy integration with other cloud-based solutions. It approaches the connection and bonding experience in a playful, yet professional manner. The company I work with is active with Salesforce and Google, so we discussed a crucial need of ours. The business needed our concepts and data to be quickly recorded into an excelling application. That's where EverNote Business came in. I was already familiar with EverNote and informed our company of the new technology extension. We moved forward and were impressed by the results. Within a month, our projections were progressing by a 20% increase. Our thoughts and visions were compiled, together, in a single database that simplified our workflow. And most of all, we were able to work faster. EverNote trimmed unnecessary time away.

Cons

My only minor setback, with the software, would be the design possibilities. I do wish that EverNote presented a little more features for its users to manage the layout of the notes more. Otherwise, it's a wonderful solution.

Zoho Notebook

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

I manage the decisions for the software we use, so I've tested each of the notetaking solutions we suggested. And by far, EverNote Business had the best results and research. It provided the most freedom in the layout and the cleanest approach to what each user would see.
Moe

Love it, need it, often hate it

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Pros

Everyone needs a notes app and if you're like me, your problem is you have several. I keep some notes in this app, some in another; some in my ToDo app, some attached to calendar items, some on my hard disk as files, some in my browser. Well, at least I can now say all my plain-old-vanilla notes are in one place.

Evernote has the key, important feature: Sync. Whether I have my phone, my Mac or PC, tablet -- or someone else's computer with Internet access -- all y notes are immediately available. The sync seems to always work.

The browser plug-in, Clip to Evernote is a dream -- it intelligently pulls just the text or the whole page and always grabs precisely what I want. Brilliant.

Cons

The user interface is at times confounding. If what you want to do is type or paste in text to save notes, then find them later using keywords or text, it works great. But accessing and organizing things in folders is confounding (at least to me) and requires too many clicks. Finding recently entered notes is also not simple (at least to me). And formatting notes can be arcane with some commands eight there in the toolbar and others oddly sequestered in pull-down menus.

Donald
  • Industry: Program Development

Evernote for the WIN!

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Pros

Evernote is by far the best mobile, multi platform note/task listing software out there. It has added so many features throughout the years and keeps getting better!

Cons

The free version advertises to you quite often to get you to convert to get the paid version, without telling you the benefits of the paid version over free.

Prabhu
Prabhu

Best app to capture my Light bulb moments!

Reviewed on 01/09/2020

Simple and organizable application. For 2 years I have used evernote to keep track of my technical skills and organization my project works. Still, I am using evernote for personal use, it is helping me to thrive in what I am learning.

Pros

1. I love Evernote chrome add-on with 'Web clipper' features. It is providing various types of format to clip the web informations.
2. It is easy to use and very simple to organize.
3. It copies exact text color and font format and save on it.
4. It is providing sharing note feature in secured way.

Cons

1. There is no horizontal view option to view all my notes into tabs.
2. There is no coloring option to show which task is important.

Kabo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Evernote

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Evernote is so easy to use and can be used by both students and organisations

Evernote is so easy to use and can be used by both students and organisations

Pros

Easy access,use ,reliable and also and can be used by anyone

Cons

Nothing much really since i moved from a different note product to Evernote

Vivek
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

MY work organised better with Evernote

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

My overall experience with Evernote has been nothing but great. Overall, I like to use this everyday and it has made my work super simple

Pros

One of the best things with Evernote is that my overall working efficiency has improved greatly. Also note taking suggestions are super cool

Cons

I do not have any major dislike with this software

Patrick
  • Industry: Telecommunications

the best note app to used in workplace

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

i was once recommend by a coleaue to use te app to save down some note, i downloaded and used it, and since then ive been usin te app everyday

Pros

save and reliable app, is very convinient especially in a work place

Cons

i like all te fuctionalities, tere is really notin to complain, unless the app was in my favority color

David
David
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Doesn't stand out in a crowded field

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Overall, it is a great product with a useful UI that is overpriced.

Overall, it is a great product with a useful UI that is overpriced.

Pros

We had some folks using Evernote for notetaking, so it made it easy to onboard them for collaboration on notes and documents.

Cons

Evernote's pricing is prohibitive, and it wasn't effective as we added more folks for that cost.

Microsoft OneNote, OneDrive and Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

We ended up NOT choosing Evernote Teams over these other products.
Olivier
Olivier

Great alternative for the note taking app that is built in on your iphone

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Overall experience with Evernote was good. But just not what I needed.

Overall experience with Evernote was good. But just not what I needed.

Pros

It is great to quickly write something down. However it has a little loading time.

Cons

For my usecase, I was more looking for something that could operate like a second brain. For this Notion was the better option.

Notion

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

Seemed easier to use in the beginning, yet Notion is what I needed.
Sven

One of the best content management services available

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

Evernote Teams looks great and works well on the platforms we used it on - mostly Windows 10 for business plus the individual's choice of smartphone / tablet version of it. Its intuitive navigation and powerful scan and search features were its main selling point for us.
All in all, the price is very fair. But with ever more subcription-based services used in the workplace, we ended up switching away from Evernote Teams simply to save costs. Our new service that we replaced it with is not nearly as sleek or elegant, but offers the same essential features - OCR and search as well as task management - at no additional subscription costs.
If I was the sole decder and/or money didn't not feed into the decision-making process, I'd have stuck with using Evernote Teams as it is really great at what it does.

Pros

Hands down the OCR. Optical Character Recognition is the name of the feature that allows Evernote to scan the images you take and thus enable its powerful search feature to find content on scanned documents and even pictures. That makes for one of the most powerful organisational features I have yet come across. Even the subscrition costs are very user friendly, given what you're offered.
I loved the dashboard, too. Very sleek and easy to both navigate and customize.

Cons

Personally, it all boils down to integrations for me. I loved the year-ish that we were using Evernote. Integrating it into Microsoft Teams work well enough and it looked the way it always did However, using Everote Teams within Microsoft Teams meant that we were already paying the subscription for Microsoft 365 and then paying Evernote Teams on top of that. We ended up saving us the costs for Evernote Teams by switching to Microsoft OneNote which is included in the abov mentioned subcription.

Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

We ended up switching away from Evernote Teams because using the above apps from the Office 365 suite enabled us to cover the same needs at no additional subscription costs per users, as we were already using Office 365 for word processing, spreadsheeting etc.
Rayelene
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Welcome to the BEST Productivity App in the World.

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

I am extremely inspired to build my brand and feeling supported by a company like Evernote Teams makes it all the more fun and exciting.

Pros

1. Note-taking genius of an app.
2. File-sharing made easy.
3. Project management teammate of the century.

Cons

I honestly can't say anything except that I don't see their advertising anywhere. I discovered this app on accident and am happy I did. Thank you again for an A1 product.

ActiveCampaign and Google Calendar

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Needed help staying organized, I wasn't sure how Evernote worked but the tutorial made everything so straight-forward, I'm never going back.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

The overall experience is the key-pointing factor. I appreciate using this everyday and I think everyone should know. If there's a way that I can recommend or affiliate with you, I would be happy to support you as well. Thank you very much.
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Digital notepad is a must

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Taking notes and scheduling daily to-do list is very easy with this software. I just simply love all the feature and tools that they are offering, and it is not costing me too much for upgrading to the premium plan. This software has been great for me so far.

Pros

Transition from my old notebook to this digital notebook is easy and not much learning curves involving to make me feel comfortable to use it daily for my note-taking needs. Its availability to my smartphone is the most critical aspect, as i need to use it not only when i am in my office, but also when i am on the road.

Cons

What i like least with Evernote Business is, there are no option to open the note that i am saving outside the software. There are no feature or option to export it or saving it to other format that can be read on third-party software. Some other feature that i hope they can add to the software is voice recording to the notes.

Ing Siang
Ing Siang
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Pros

Love the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful).

There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc.

And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).

Cons

It is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently.

It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.

Ross
Ross
  • Industry: Media Production

Essential Tool for Note Organization

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Evernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.

Pros

Evernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.

Cons

Sometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.

Isaac
  • Industry: Tobacco

Evernote Business review by Isaac Fungura

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Evernote is a very handy tool in my daily life, both business and personal. I tend to get overwhelmed with tasks and forget some brilliant ideas I may have had. So, I decided to install Evernote on all my devices - phone, tab, laptop so that when I take my routine morning walks or runs, and an idea pops up in my mind, I quickly jot it down.

The brilliance of Evernote is that I can type or use a stylus, or take a picture of say a product I want the procurement team to purchase and I can also record a voice note and save it as is...or it can also decode my voice note and save it as text almost instantaneously!

I can also save PDFs, Word documents, scribble a sketch drawing or even get a signature if I don't have a handy paper for a client to sign.

I also use it to set reminders and to-do list which I can then follow through later on. All this is then synced across my devices through my linked Google account so that even if I'm away from my laptop, I can still access my data or add notes on my other devices.

In the office and in meetings, I easily take notes and minutes and can then share that with colleagues. It's just superb and makes life sooo easy. It also switches on my creative mindset since I can just take down notes whenever and wherever I go.

I also use Evernote at my Masters school to take notes in lectures...how convenient, because I normally don't want to move around with books in my hands. Also it is very easy to store the notes and share them with fellows

Pros

There is no limit to what I can put or store into my Evernote account.
The library can store important business information such as company policies and procedure manuals for the access of everyone at the company who is using Evernote. It replaces the need for the company to have a physical library for sharing that info.
Evernote separates between private and business note books, hence respects privacy of employees and they can take that private information when they leave the company and all the business notebooks remain with the company.
Notifications when someone joins a library, edits or adds a note, these assist me in keeping track of what is going on around the organisation since I may not physically be able to cope with the events occurring around, but on Evernote, I quickly get insights of what is going on.
It allows sharing information across the organisation and getting feedback

Cons

When offline, I'm obviously unable to sync my content with my other devices. However, when I get back online sync becomes active.
It can become addictive sometimes as it is a part of my daily life

Daniel

Evernote Business: The Ultimate Collaborative Tool for Businesses

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

All in all, I would undoubtedly recommend Evernote Business to any business out there as it provides immense value in collaboration, integrations, templates and more! There are even learning classes for businesses that are starting out, who want to make full use of Evernote. All of this for a small number of flaws such as the pricing.

Pros

Evernote Business is an amazing, note-taking, multi-platform software for businesses because of their best in class collaborative features, clean and minimalistic design, perfect sync, and much more. It definitely has the best collaboration features of all the note-taking software that I have used. From working together on projects to storing information in one single place, Evernote is the best ways to do it. One of the main selling points for me is that you can collaborate offline with your team on Evernote and everything syncs right back up perfectly afterwards. You can access, upload, edit, and share files from any device, even your phone!

Furthermore, Evernote's user interface is extremely clean and keeps your workspace uncluttered. There are countless useful templates that I personally have found much success with, that only requires a simple press of the 'use template' button. Not only this but with the in-app integrations with Gmail, Slack, Outlook and Google Drive, you can really combine workflows in a harmonic way.

Cons

There are very few flaws with Evernote Business and they shouldn't really be an issue for most businesses. One of these flaws is the pricing of Evernote Business which is quite high at about 15 USD each month for each user in the business. Whether this price is worth it for your business is the question but for me, it was an extremely useful tool.

Ahmed

Get Your Team Working Smarter With Evernote Teams

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

I absolutely love Evernote! It is seriously the best thing since sliced bread. I use it for everything from work to personal to-do lists and it has helped me keep my life so much more organized. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great way to keep track of their life!

Pros

There are many things that I like about the Evernote team, but here are some of the things that stand out the most to me.The first is that everyone on the team is extremely intelligent and talented. It is clear that each member of the team has a deep understanding of the product and how it can be used to benefit users.Another thing that I appreciate about the team is their dedication to their users. They are always looking for ways to improve the product and make it more user-friendly. They are also quick to respond to user feedback and suggestions.Lastly, I really appreciate the team's willingness to experiment with new ideas. They are always looking for ways to improve the product and make it more useful for users. I think this willingness to experiment is what makes Evernote such a great product.

Cons

There are a few things that I really liked about Evernote team chat. First, it was very easy to use and set up. Second, it had a lot of features that other team chat apps don't have, like the ability to set up group chats and share files. Third, it was very stable and didn't crash or freeze like some other team chat apps I've used. Overall, I thought Evernote team chat was a great tool for team communication.

Manmohan
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A Comprehensive Collaboration Tool for Efficient Work

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Evernote Teams is an excellent software for team collaboration and information sharing. With its user-friendly interface, it provides a great platform for creating, organizing, and sharing notes, documents, and other important information.The software has an impressive range of features that make it an essential tool for businesses and organizations. One of its most notable features is the ability to collaborate on notes, which makes it easy to work on projects together. Additionally, its integration with other tools, such as Google Drive, makes it easy to access and share files with others.Evernote Teams also has powerful search functionality, allowing users to quickly find the notes they need. The software also enables users to categorize their notes and information, making it easy to find information quickly.Another great feature of Evernote Teams is its security. The software offers a range of security options, including two-factor authentication and data encryption, to ensure that sensitive information is protected.Overall, Evernote Teams is an excellent tool for team collaboration and information management. It is easy to use, has an impressive range of features, and provides users with a secure and efficient way to organize and share information. Highly recommended for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

1. Collaborative and Centralized Communication: One of the best things about Evernote Teams is the ability to collaborate with team members in real time, which allows for a smooth and seamless workflow. The software also centralizes communication, making it easy for all team members to stay on the same page.2. Customizable Templates: Evernote Teams provides an array of customizable templates that are suitable for a range of tasks, such as project management, meeting notes, and task lists. The templates allow teams to get started quickly and efficiently without having to start from scratch.3. High-Level Security: Evernote Teams provides top-level security features such as two-factor authentication and access permissions, which ensure that sensitive information is shared only with the right people. This is a great advantage for businesses that need to protect their data from unauthorized access.

Cons

1. Limited functionality: Some users have expressed disappointment in the limited functionality of Evernote Teams, particularly in comparison to other project management and collaboration tools on the market. For example, some users have suggested that the software could benefit from more advanced features such as Gantt charts and time-tracking capabilities.2. Pricing: Some users have also found the pricing of Evernote Teams to be relatively high, particularly in comparison to other collaboration tools that offer more extensive features. While the basic version of Evernote is free, the Teams version starts at $10 per user per month, which may be prohibitive for some small businesses and individuals.3. Compatibility issues: A few users have reported issues with compatibility between Evernote Teams and other software applications, particularly with Microsoft Office. Some users have reported difficulty syncing files between Evernote Teams and Microsoft Office, which has led to frustration and a loss of productivity.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Evernote teams is a collaborative version of the popular note-taking app.

Reviewed on 18/03/2023

I can tell you that Evernote Teams is generally well-regarded with its collaborative features and ability to organize and share notes across teams and like the real-time collaboration and commenting features particularly helpful, as it allows us to work together more efficiently and stay on top of important tasks and deadlines.

Pros

The Key features I would say is Shared workspaces: Teams can create and share workspaces where they can collaborate on notes, notebooks, and projects, Real-time collaboration, Commenting and annotation: Team members can leave comments on notes, highlight important information, and collaborate on projects and Intergration with a variety of other tools and apps, including Slack, Google Drive, and Microsoft Teams, making it easier to streamline workflows.

Cons

Some of the users have reported that the user interface can be a bit overwhelming and complex, especially for new users who may be unfamiliar with Evernote's system.

Google Keep
Julio César
Julio César

Evernote business is the ultimate desktop organizer. With a virtually limitless software...

Reviewed on 27/05/2018

Tons of excellent planning and arranging features at the palm of your hand. No matter the field you are in, organizing your life by means of this software is going to be an indispensable habit you are going to develop with this time-saving, modern app.

Pros

With the current immensely growing and competitive market of desk organizers, Evernote business can really stand out. Mainly because of its simple and intuitive design, robust cloud storage and several other features like its technically universal software support, this app can make your organizational life a whole lot easier. With just a couple of days using this app, Business and education users are going to find it extremely uncomplicated to make use of the tons of pretty neat features this apps has and continues to add up to this date. Evernote promises and delivers hundreds of options for making your professional duties very easy to plan and follow up. Either for arranging important meetings, setting up future events or even making reminders or useful notes on the run. As an educator, I have found this last feature a more than useful one, since I'm always preparing language teaching materials and presentations, Evernote gives me the chance to record, scribble or handwrite pretty much about anything that comes to my mind, and I always going to have the pleasant and fulfilling feeling that the info is always going to be there, at the pal of my hand. In this continuously busy world we are living in nowadays, evernote is definitely an essential tool for the XXI century professional.

Cons

One negative aspect from this software could be how pricey it really is to get the monthly fee pay version.

Casey

Evernote Forever

Reviewed on 03/09/2023

Evernote Teams (Business) is great for our productivity!

Evernote Teams (Business) is great for our productivity!

Pros

I take notes with Evernote throughout the day and after meetings. I also look at my check list and team list everyday. Not to mention project planning, project management, task management, etcetera. Evernote Teams is the best note taking and collaborating software at the office and on the road. My team and I can communicate in real time and edit together. I can delegate easily with the task manager.The android app is very simple and efficient. Multiple devices are no problem, it syncs every time even with my long notebooks. Speaking of notebooks, I also think Evernote has the best organizational system by far. An extra tidbit: I like using my swipe keyboard and sometimes one handed mode, other software can get glitches when using that but Evernote does not. It also has the best check tools and it has a web clipper.

Cons

Evernote is kind of a high end or expensive product. Not everyone will be able to make room in their budget even if they want to. I use it so often that it doesn't bother me, I feel like the value for money is good.

TeamGantt

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Evernote came highly recommended
Marcus
Marcus

Good for almost everything

Reviewed on 08/12/2015

If you are a visual person or if you have the kind of attention issues common in ADHD and common also to many other right brained folks, you will often find the internet to be a very challenging thing we never had to worry about in the past.
It is candy to someone like that because there are a million paths to take--- for free ---that lead to different doors and a person like me can get lost pretty easily without knowing it. I always feel like there is something I'm missing and I don't want to forget and regret it later. In that sense, Evernote has freed me to move about the internet more easily by allowing me to trick my mind into saving everything that seems important so that I can tell myself to keep moving forward instead of getting distracted. The Evernote web clipper is the best feature by far in that it quickly and properly clips most things without much more to think about and without concern that something didn't work properly. I've saved more than 9000 items in my Evernote to date. As a premium member I have never even come close to running short on my given space for the month. So it's come in handy for a person who organizes differently than most - it has become a brain dump for everything and anything I need it to be. And that relieves my mind from worrying about where I put something. That's all great. Where it still needs improvement is the usefulness after things are saved. For every 1000 things I save, I probably go back and even see about 50 of them in truth. I wind up just going back out to the internet to find them all over again - That may be just my mistake, or it may be because I feel that the notes aren't complete unless I know they are up to date and unless I can more easily visualize what I need. All of the other things tend to get lost in the notebook system that can be so simple it's actually confusing. By allowing us to sort things by various tag words or notebooks, they take the entire thing and make it more suitable for the left brained logical type of person.
These are folks who can see order in words and numbers where I tend to see letters as little black bits of ink on a screen. I am much more easily able to organize things visually to determine proper workflow for me and there just isn't much of a way that I have yet found to do that. You can merge notes together, but it's a process unless you simply want to merge them, not edit them. You can't organize visually in a way that, for instance, shows you only the photos in your folders - so you can structure them in a way you understand. You can't change the order of each note so that you can manually put things where you want them and that's probably my biggest complaint. I realize there are workarounds - but it's not seamless and it doesn't allow for free flow of the thoughts. Much of what I save are simply photos , but not all - and I would love to have some more flexibility to create notes in a fashion like Curio - where anything goes and it can be as visual or as simple as you need it. Unfortunately, they don't have a web clipper although you can import your Evernote notes into a great app like Curio, it still doesn't feel the same because the visual portion of the notes is not easy to see. However, there are a ton of add-ons and for what I use it for it's great. There is something new added every day so I hope it's just a matter of time or perhaps I've missed something that will help me with this. On it's own, it's almost perfect, but it just hasn't fulfilled the hope that sooner or later someone is going to come up with an app that fulfills all needs in one. I have often copied notes into three or four apps to make sure I don't lose anything as I piece together the job in a way I can see. That wastes a lot of time and space. One day, I will either find an app that helps me make sense of what's already there or helps me take what I have and make sense of it by reordering it. Either way, it's still the best thing I have found to use every day for all data collection with the exception of video.

Pros

great search engine. never lost anything that I couldn't again find.
fast, easy on system
mobile apps are solid and have pen functions now
somewhat customizable
handles images very well - full size
annotation feature great

Cons

No visual shortcut options to sort through notes and tag them visually quickly.
Words don't cut it when sorting quickly and grouping.
No ability to change color of backgrounds in the app so they differentiate from each other while still maintaining an order
No drag and drop image function
Organization is simple enough for some, but I need some real world examples start to finish to implement things for myself.
I would love to see some full use cases shown that are common enough that I could cut and paste for myself.
Some internal templates could help.

Aanchal

A consolidated repository for everything important

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

The tool is extremely feature rich. There are utilities that I am yet to explore but the fact that Evernote is loaded with features makes it a perfect tool for both professional and personal uses.

Pros

From the name itself, one might feel that Evernote is literally a note-making software (which it is) but its utility is beyond "just making notes". It is one of those reminder boxes, note-making books and a repository all at once where you can "dump" all of your important things - Be it notes, links, photos, articles, audios, important files and just about everything. What I really like is the fact that you can sift through the type of content you save in Evernote. This makes it easy for me to go back to the stuff I have saved.
1) After having used other note-making software where their prime and perhaps only USP was the ease with which they let me make notes, Evernote definitely goes many steps ahead - It understands that "notes" for a professional or for a human can be beyond just text. Notes, figuratively, really are anything that is important to us. Hence, Evernote fulfills these needs by providing options like enabling audio recording and saving them as notes.
2) I like the fact that I can make separate notebooks for similar themed notes. It eases my job while searching from archived notebooks. To be able to assign tags to each notebook further makes the job easier.
3) Web Clipper is one of the most useful features especially when I am shopping online. I can just save a particular item through the web clipper option to be seen as a "wishlist" item in Evernote. It is especially constructive when I am shopping from multiple sites/apps and want to create a central wishlist repository for all the picks I like. It is equally useful for other purposes like - saving/bookmarking articles, newspieces or anything I find online that is worth keeping or remembering.
4) You can set reminders to yourself. This is another feature that makes Evernote a truly holistic software and in fact, much like a Saas.
5) Similarly, apart from creating your go-to repository for everything important, you can chat with others as well.

Cons

Evernote runs on Basic (which is free) model and a Premium model. The free version inevitably comes with its limitations like - Monthly upload limit is extremely less especially considering the fact that, it has so many features to save your data. Where it provides so many features, it sets itself back with the space limitation which is minimal. The paid version (Premium), however is pretty cheap, but feasible only if you really are a heavy note-making user.

Evernote - the most complete note-taking application

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

To sum up, Evernote has in my view a very good feature set - I've not had a single moment in which I missed something. The applications, the web platform, the synchronization and the collaboration works perfectly in most cases. Sometimes, there are small bugs - but none of them is deal-breaking or especially annoying.

Pros

Evernote offers for me the best overall package of a note-taking application. I've already tried lots of different programs, but Evernote stood out in a positive matter. Most importantly, Evernote offers the ability to sync all your notes across all your devices, including a very good Android app, a performant and professional Windows version and a Web platform.
These notes can contain everything including pictures, formatting, sound, pdf and other files, which makes it very comfortable to have everything in one place. For example, travel notes can include text, the flight & hotel documents, pictures of the addresses and they can be shared easily, which is a very important feature in my opinion. Additionally, the notes can be classified in notebooks which makes it easy to sort them in categories.
Further, Evernote offers features which makes it more simple to include it in your daily workflow: you're able to easily add notes by forwarding E-Mail to Evernote, it'is possible to capture photos of documents and adding handwritten notes is a possibility for an improved note-taking experience.

Cons

All in all, I haven't found any dealbreaking disadvantages. In some cases, especially the App contains small bugs. For instance, the handwriting tool has not that many outstanding features and sometimes has a delay, the syncing is not always perfect and the Google Drive file linking sometimes just does not work in my situation. But like I've already mentioned, none of these has made me think about quitting Evernote.