Buildertrend

4.7/5

1629 Reviews for UK Users

Stacy
Stacy

It's not just a project management tool

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

We have been very pleased!! We have a dedicated team who knows us by name and is always there to help!!

Pros

I implemented my first system for production home building in 1991, so I have a little experience in this area. After trying 2 other competitors on a trial basis, we selected our first choice, BuilderTrend to help us manage our projects. It is customizable and also follows standards which help you efficiently manage your business whether a new builder, remodeler or other home improvement type company. But, the best part has been adoption and the response of customers. We actually remodeled two projects for the same customer while they were out of the country. The communication features in BT facilitated what would not have been possible in the same time frame in the past plus processed payments. Using BuilderTrend has been a great marketing tool to set us apart from the competition.

Cons

Subcontractor use has been our biggest roadblock as it takes more training with some and reminders to get them to use the software.

Response from Buildertrend

Stacy, thank you so much for your 5-star review and kind words! We are so happy to hear how well Buildertrend is working for your company.

Jen

There are a lot of kinks that need worked out

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Job costing has been more accurate than using spreadsheets (As long as people bring me receipts and clock in to the correct job, which has been a challenge). Customer communication has improved, and thus, customer satisfaction has improved.

Pros

I like the sense of security it provides to our customers since they can log in and see how their job is doing.

Cons

It does everything, but it doesn't do everything WELL. For instance, it does time tracking and GPS tracking.... but it only tells us where our guys are when they clock in and out. It doesn't give us a map of where they went the whole time like T-sheets did, so we have no way of knowing if someone went to the job site, clocked in and then left. It sync's to Quickbooks for payroll, but not correctly. It sends over all of the guys time as Regular time. I have to manually input their hours if I want to pay them for their overtime. It has this Buildertrend Flat Rate Code that nobody can edit or delete and it causes a lot of problems for us. The list goes on..... Whenever I ask them if they can help, I'm told, "Well it doesn't have that feature." Then I ask if they can put in a tech request, but they go on telling me how I should do it online, it will be more effective. That's not right. They should be able to put in a tech request for me and have it be just as effective as if I did it online.

Ethan

Could Be a Great Solution for a General Contractor with Large Projects

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Overall, BuilderTrend seems like it could be a good solution for companies that build homes or do other large projects like that with subcontractors. It definitely is not designed for companies that do small jobs or many jobs with one client. Be ready with questions when meeting with your BT rep during your 90 day trail time. Have them show you how things are done so you understand how it works 100%. There were a few features that were promised to us, but then when we asked more specific questions, it turned out that those things were not as promised. However, probably a great tool for a general contractor needing to stay organized and wanting to stay transparent to clients!

Pros

- Time tracking with overtime automatically calculated.
- Job costing with custom jobs/types. Can generate reports so you can see effectiveness of employees.
- Different views for job schedule which can be nice - calendar, agenda, gantt.
- Can store unlimited photos, videos, and documents. All are organized in folders and can be shared with the client easily.
- Can assign multiple employees to jobs as well as subcontractors and their prices and information.
- It will show your current costs, so you can see how much the job is costing the client in real time.
- Most everything is customizable and template based.
- You are assigned a specific rep from BT that will answer all questions and do live training with you - Very helpful.
- There are a fair amount of videos available online from other users who are also using the software.
- Effective for companies that deal with large jobs with many moving parts and subcontractors.
- Client portal for each job that includes notes, pictures, videos, progress, invoices, etc. This all can be hidden from clients as well and customized to how much information you are wanting to share.

Cons

- Calendar feature doesn't allow you to drag and drop jobs or scheduled items and also allow clients to view it. You can either drag and drop or have it be viewable to clients. This is fairly simple to switch back and forth, but it adds extra steps.
- App is not user friendly for employees or technicians. There are too many buttons to press.
- This software only works well for companies that handle large jobs that are long term with many elements.
- To-do's are fairly simple and not well designed. Great that you can add photos, videos, docs to each checklist item. But there's only 1 checkbox per item, no title for the item, and no way to make the to-do list required for employees.
- If you don't press "save" after uploading photos/videos or writing notes, they will disappear and you can easily erase notes. No window that reminds you to save work before moving on.
- Extremely job-based. You must chose the job and then you can view schedule, clock in, add notes, complete checklist, etc. Not easy to view all jobs at same time.
- No line items for invoices.
- Client portal is set up to be job-based and not client-based. That means every job will have to have a different username for the client to log into.
- Overtime that is automatically calculated doesn't automatically calculate a higher rate on the client's budget.
- Learning curve is overall fairly steep. As a fast learner and pretty technically able, it took me a while to figure out how the software worked. Not super intuitive.
- Not a very updated or attractive look.

Response from Buildertrend

Ethan, we very much appreciate your detailed feedback! We would love to have a member of our Product Team contact you to hear more of how we can make Buildertrend a fit for your industry. Thanks again!

Fernando

Buildertrend

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

My overall experience with Buildertrend was very good. I learned how to use it and integrate my work with Buildertrend.

Pros

What I like the most about Buildertrend is that it helps me organize the projects I manage and that is user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

To be honest, I don’t think there is anything about Buildertrend that I didn’t like.

Stephanie

Great Customizable Software

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

Prior to Buildertrend, we had to use three programs to manage our jobs and purchase orders, now we just use Buildertrend. We are saving time and are able to keep everything in one spot!

Pros

I love that buildertrend is so customizable. The software was able to be tailored for our specific needs while many of the other programs we looked at were not. The purchase order feature has allowed us to streamline and reduce our expense processing time. The app works well for our field operations and sales reps. Tech support and online chat people are very helpful in quickly answering questions.

Cons

Although it's infrequent, we sometimes struggle with internet connections in storm/rural areas and the software does not have an offline mode. I dislike the receive payment feature as you can't record a payment by itself, you do it inside the invoice and although you can receive partial payments, you can record multiple checks in the payment box

ComputerEase and Method CRM

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

Large job management - scheduling multiple scopes for multiple buildings, purchase order management between people in the field and admin, customizable document/photo folder organization

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

The software was customizable and was able to alleviate my pain points with our software and allowed us to reduce the number of programs we were using. The staff was very knowledgeable about their product, and designated me a rep who was familiar with construction and our accounting program for integration.
Robert

Options

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

My overall experience has been good. I have been using Builtertrend for a few years and Im happy with the pricing structure and mobility and great to have real time help. I usually dont have trouble with speed and thats a big plus. I can see buildertrend improving its user interface for a little bit easier use and observe the updates that probably come from customer feedback and I like that. I just wish they would happen quicker

Pros

I liked that it covers just about all the bases and has a great notification tool. Lots of good options on how the information is received and shared as well as filter features. The 'All-in-one-place' features are what is great both desktop and the app.

Cons

I dont like that I cant give my subcontractors the same control or permissions as my internal users. For example i would like to give my contractors ability to write a change order as a request the same way that they write an RFI as well as make requested adjustments to the schedule. Also the reporting features are not robust and useful. Much more reporting features needed for big builders that have many projects going on.

Procore and Bluebeam Revu

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It fit well with our many residential renovation projects and had all the features and more I know our company needed to move quick and have mobility

Response from Buildertrend

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! Feedback like yours is what drives us. I'll be sure to pass it along to our Product team. Thank you!

Melody

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

We do not have a "main office" so it is very difficult to have one central place where all information is kept. This software solved that problem, multiple users can look at the same file at the same time to discuss things.

Pros

This software is VERY user friendly no matter what your computer skill level may be. The online tutorials are great and a huge time saver if you are unsure what to do. The customer support staff, should you need them, is always very quick to respond and explains how to execute your task. We were fortunate to have a two day training session with our representatives and that was priceless. Our subs and vendors are able to access our system so it really cuts down on paperwork flow and we know they are seeing the most up to date information on each project. We did have some special needs in our company to tweak things a bit and that was never a problem.

Cons

Nothing really, it just takes time to get use to how it flows and again, any question that I did not think of until I dove in feet first, I just emailed or called customer support and got my answers right away.

Response from Buildertrend

Melody, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Kris

Buildertrend is simple to use

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Pros

Buildertrend is super simple for even the lowest tech person. It keeps all our data in one place that all employees can see. Communication is so much better with this product!

Cons

Only one complaint - There's no way for the users to record their lunch break so that we can conform to CA regulations, also there's not a way that I know of for the employee to electronically submit their timesheet info with a signature

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

Pro Est was so hard to set up and keep maintained. Also didn't offer barely any functionality except estimating.

ProEst

Cost

Response from Buildertrend

We appreciate your review and feedback, Kris! I have passed your suggestions about the lunch break and electronic signatures for timesheet info on to our Product team.

Nathan

Taking the stress out of Managing

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We had 5 programs that we were using to manage the projects. BT was able to reduce us down to 1. Overall its been a great program to use and it has helped us stay on schedule. It helps clients know where they are at and how much they owe. It helps us know if something has been billed/invoiced and helps us manage change orders. Great Program. Phone app is great also.

Pros

It covers all the aspects of managing a job; from when the lead is created, to when the job is done. It gives you the power to customize, to a point, the program to fit your company and allows you to make changes on the fly. We keep up on the schedule daily but the schedule keeps our jobs running smooth. The time-clock is top notch and it communicates with QuickBooks. Overall, its the whole package and it all is two thumbs up.

Cons

The ability to customize certain things, like tabs or change the wording. All other items Builder Trend fixes as we bring them to their attention.

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

We felt BT would be easier for our clients to use and navigate.
Dan

Your business needs processes!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

BuilderTrend helped us design and implement a purchase order system that has significantly reduced job profit slippage by getting our trades and suppliers on board with accurate expectations and proposals before the project begins. BuilderTrend purchase orders facilitate the communication that is essential to keeping a project on budget.

Pros

BuilderTrend offers a comprehensive approach to managing customer interactions, project development and construction management. Implementing BuilderTrend will help you define processes for the key elements of your business - the processes that help you make the most money!

Cons

BuilderTrend integrates with QuickBooks desktop but the interface can be a bit clunky. It does work but requires a bit of patience, as do all things QuickBooks.

Jamil

Good PM Software if you think outside the box

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Overall I am happy with our investment into Buildertrend, but we have also put a lot of work to get it working for what we need. It can be very time consuming to solve how you operate in Buildertrend unless you use it at a very basic level. They really need to walk you through how to set up and use Buildertrend as a new user and how to more fully customize it for your company needs.

I have not been very pleased with how slow and unresponsive they have been in implementing changes. They need to take customer feedback more seriously and utilize their customers who are heavy users to help show them how to improve the software.

Pros

I really like that there is unlimited storage and that since it is cloud-based, everyone sees the same data as soon as it is entered. There are also ways to customize the software in several areas, especially To-Do's. Permissions are very granular which can be good, although it can be complex as well.

Cons

Understanding how all areas of the software interact is complex, you can't customize fields in Events/Schedule, most of all I dislike the search and filter settings. They are very poor and make it hard to deal with large data sets. Their filters are missing exact matches between items in the same category. There are a handful of other little complaints, but they really need to add custom fields to Events and then update their filter settings to allow exact matches only and also use standard search engine criteria in the text fields.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

The overall value of the software and the variety of features.
Trevor

Buildertrend Saves Time and Money

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

Buildertrend has been great so far and we are happy we chose to use this product. Hopefully as some of these new fixes / integrations get worked out the tool will become even more useful for us!

Pros

Once set up, there are lots of functions within Buildertrend that save us time (and therefore money). We have found our quoting processes has gone from hours or even days down to under an hour.
Having a dedicated support person help walk you through set up and questions was amazing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our guy) is incredibly knowledgable and if he doesn't know the answer he finds it out for you.

Cons

The integration with our accounting software, Quickbooks (QB) needs some improvement. It doesn't pass data through correctly nor does data created in QB pass back into Buildertrend very well. So unfortunately trying to get reporting on our true costs on projects still takes manual calculation.
The other major drawback is there really isn't a good automatic tax feature (in Canada) so we essentially have to add a line item for each of our taxes. So if we make changes to estimate values, we need to manually update the tax lines as well.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

Price was actually our deciding factor. Procore looked like it actually had more features / automation that we would use, however the price of Buildertrend compared to procore was going to be quite a bit more.

Response from Buildertrend

Trevor, thank you for your honest review and feedback!

Dustin

Buildertrend is not for painters

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

There training, on boarding and customer support is top notch! When I first started using the software I really liked it but once we got tons of leads and jobs going it became almost unmanageable.

Pros

The client portal is awesome! I wish my current software has one as nice and interactive as BT’s. The dashboard is great as well. I like the daily logs as well, it’s a great little communication tool for project management. Finally the sub portal is fantastic.

Cons

It’s difficult to run reports for lead management and marketing. When setting up the Fanny it is dependent on the previous stage, however if someone is assigned to a stage and it doesn’t get Mark as complete on the day it was supposed to there is no automatic dependency, it’s all manual. So for us when there is 30 projects in different pre, in progress and post production phases, it’s a lot to go in and figure out. If you have less than five projects going then it’s fine.

Response from Buildertrend

Thank you for your honest review and feedback, Dustin!

Cindy

Comprehensive Platform

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

When I started at this company, they did not have any kind of project management in place. People would refer to documents within OneDrive to obtain details, and that was not always updated nor where details provided at the time needed. Everyone would always scramble at the last minute to find out order details and whatnot. There also was not any security with certain documentation. Now Buildertrend provides the ability to screen certain people from certain information.
The ability to upload photos has helped to prevent issues from becoming bigger ones, as it's not always possible to get out to every jobsite, but getting a visual on progress is extremely helpful.
Overall, everyone seems to be quite happy with the program.
The level of customer support Buildertrend provides is outstanding. Their Live Chat option or contacting your coach for assistance is easy and typically has great results. They are always looking to ensure you are satisfied, and will go beyond to inquire or find out information if they are unable to assist with the issue.

Pros

I like that Buildertrend brings together all aspects of residential construction - homeowners, sub-trades, vendors, internal users, and allows everyone to see the information they need to see, as well as provides them the ability to upload photos, documentation and even provide comments to certain areas within the program. This gives everyone an overall sense of what is happening within the project.
Having everyone tied into the program eliminates a lot of extra searching for information, as well as lessen the overall messages one needs to send out to verify parts of the projects - selections, drawings and pricing can be Approved or Declined. This also helps to eliminate outdated/non-approved details from occurring.

Cons

The program has a lot to take in, which I suppose is expected, but for me, knowing how things affect something else is really important, as we are a Canadian company trying to work with an American program and American terminology. I have had to experiment a bit with how best to enter information, and sometimes redo it altogether.
I do not like how often I have to press on users to be entering information and using the platform for communications, but that does not have anything to do with the program itself.

Response from Buildertrend

Cindy - thank you for your review and honest feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this and we've passed your feedback along to our Product team.

Andrew

Robust program-needs refined

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

The schedule keeps jobs on track. The PO process keeps costs in check. The time card keeps man hours job costed.

Pros

It provides a solution for managing a construction company

Cons

although the program performs many tasks, and even more than we need, it is glitchy and does not provide a smooth experience. When we click on windows to update budgets for instance, the windows flash and reload and resize multiple times. I have tried different browsers and different devices. This is not a user problem, but a problem with the way the data is served up. To perform some routine tasks, there is too many clicks required to get where you need to go. Too many windows and drilling down to get a number changed etc.
Too many places for messages to be hiding. Customers send a message and think we have it, but we have at least three places to check to find the message. Sometimes, messages that come to email cannot be replied to. Very frustrating.
BTW: We used Co construct for a while and liked the flow of the program much better. It ran smoother and was much quicker to get what we needed. It kept the spec sheet in front of the customer and kept good organization of communication. We switched to BT because of job costing and the time card feature, which we now understand are available with CC.
Another huge grind, the budget sheet does not do a good job of showing the running cost on the job and whether we are over or under our budget (variance). Several reports can be created, but none of them do that. We have to export to excel and manipulate it ourselves. Seems like this should be a basic function. CC does this well also. Just sayin' :)

Heather

Great software for job organization!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Overall Buildertrend has transformed our company for the better and brought us successfully into the future. We were able to go from all paperwork to virtually all digital. Files drawers full of paperwork sorted by each job are a thing of the past. Now all the information anyone needs is all packaged nicely, per job, at our fingertips!

Pros

I love the all encompassing information housing Buildertrend provides for each of our jobs. All of our team members can access this info with ease. No more information hiding in private emails or documents hiding on company drives...all of which cause major problems when team members are on holiday or out sick.

Cons

There are a few quirks and drawbacks I have found on Buildertrend. The most common qiurk seems to be the inconsistency of the same functions across different sections in Buildertrend. For instance uploading a file is done one way in one section of Buildertrend and a different way in another. Same with deleting items. In one section things just delete, in other sections you have to verify deletion and then select done...two extra steps. In the Leads section I can send a document out to be signed whether or not a customer has a log in to Buildertrend, but in the Change Order section (once the lead is a job) I can no longer send documents to an external emails for approval. I have to use Docusign to get signatures. This is not very streamlined. Seems like they had different teams writing code for different sections and they never communicated to each other on how to keep functions consistent throughout the software.
The worst drawback is that there is essentially no function for schedulING. The scheduLES within each job are great, but when it comes time for a foreman to see what team members and subs are scheduled on what jobs and what ones are available to schedule, there is no function :(

Charielle
  • Industry: Design

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 20/02/2017

Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

Pros

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable.

I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything!

I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Cons

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project.

It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

stephanie

Strictly on the project management side things are good (daily reports, calendar, to dos,...

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

There are additional comments on the forum and with Derek (from a several months ago). The pain points we were trying to resolve were not resolved with BT. One pain point was dealing with project management. Sharing plans, having daily reports, seeing who is on the job, the calendar, having budgets in an easy, central place, etc. Those were addressed. We were also wanting a program to manage POs /contracts from PO to final payment -dealing with lien releases (all of them, progress, unconditional, final). Allowing for subs to progress bill and deal with change orders and retention. This was not better, in fact we are double entering data and having to extract to DocuSign to get what we need completed.

Pros

Project management. daily reports, calendar, to dos, bidding, having a budget, documents, mobile app, templates

Cons

all things financial - PO's, Lien Releases, integration with QB (need to have PO's and budget integrate), subs submitting an invoice (shouldn't be all or nothing), progress billing. Securing areas of use. Not getting a sub report (with custom columns so we can print a list for customers). Not having custom fields in the PO. not being able to remove former employees from the list (make inactive, like subs). reminders on the bell are always wrong or not relevant. Not able to have a change order directly associated with a PO so we can see the full value of the contract with changes. Managing retention. No PO approval process (internally route). Unable to get signatures on additional lien waivers. Time it takes to push from BT to QB - during billing there is a long delay. Constant circle of death. Unable to pull up vendor from a PO or add a new vendor from PO. With Bills and POs we should be able to select on that bill/po if we want it added to the budget / new expected. On the budget we should be able to select which columns are viewed.

Dennis

BuilderTrend is great!

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We are a single family production vendor that, of the last three years have grown from building 38 homes a year to nearly 150 homes per year. I don't think it could have been possible without a program like BuilderTrend in place. In the three years that I have been here using BuilderTrend, we've been able to effectively manage while expanding our vendor base, accurately identify and reduce our variable cost, capture a true budget to set sales numbers to return the desired margin on a build, and given our superintendents the proper tool to document/leverage our vendors to receive a desired level of quality while effectively running the project schedule for a build. BuilderTrend has been an integral tool in the effective growth of our company.

Pros

What I like most about BuilderTrend is it's ease of use, the customization ability of the software, and the ease of edit/revision. We can design the program to where our PO generate directly off of selections, separate by trip, and include whatever options may have been chosen. From selections, I can easily edit budgets and generate estimated sales cost for each individual job.

Cons

The only drawback I can come up with is in direct correlation to one of their strengths. The company updates daily instead of doing batch updates periodically. As a result, they shut down part of their servers to perform their updates which can bog down and slow the program while they are doing this. This is usually no more than an hour or so and usually around the same time of the day. Knowing the benefit of doing this, it's a tolerable inconvenience.

Lindsey

Overall Pleased - Looking for more shortcuts

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Overall, I have found the system very helpful!

Overall, I have found the system very helpful!

Pros

I feel the software is well developed. While I have not used every part I have a pretty good overview of the software and feel that the creators did a good job creating a system that is thorough for our industry.

Cons

What I would like to see improved is an ease to using the selections. I spend a lot of time copying and deleting things that could easily be moved around easier with some simple additions to a toolbar like copy, move to another selection / project / category... I would also like a save and close button on the selections. Each time I save a selection my screen jumps around 3 times and then I can click on the X to close the window. I realize this is a small item but it would allow me to move around my projects much faster.

I would also like to see a way to block cost codes that have not been selected on the Allowances so my team is not selecting incorrect codes when inputting selections.

In regards to Allowances it would be nice to have a total for a category that can be broken down into each item. For example, having an allowance for appliances that I'm able to put a total of $5000 as the overall allowance but not breaking each item out while still having my cost codes listed in the Allowance so the totals are captured as selections are entered. This again would be a time saver as I need to watch my numbers but often not to the level of each cost code.

Meredith

Buildertrend is incredible

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

I was hired to incorporate BuilderTrend into our system for our company. I have started at zero in this industry AND with BuilderTrend. Using your computer program has greatly aided in my training of job flow and responsibility. I understand how to keep things moving forward; I get task responsibility and ownership. I feel like I learn a new helpful tip on BT every day. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting an email everyday with a training tip of the day to continue my education.

Pros

I have an organized mind. I like to keep things consistent and predictable. In this industry, nothing is consistent or predictable, so having an information base that is reliable and helpful and as organized as my mind is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL. Project managers come at me with all questions at all times and I can have an answer for them in 3 clicks of my mouse. Job status? Material samples? Delays? Change orders? I have it all. I like that as my understanding of this field grows, I will be able to customize and implement BuilderTrend to my liking and my needs.

Cons

There is so much to learn! I want to do it all, making our small business more efficient. I don't understand estimating or anything in the financial category. It can do SO MUCH, and I understand very little. It has taken me a long time to learn to make a schedule template that works for me, the difference between daily logs and to dos and scheduling, how change orders should be documented etc. But when I learn how to implement the program I get very excited. I can't wait to share the program with my colleagues and transform our job flow.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

My colleagues really hate Procore.
Clint

Best Builder software ever

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

We are creating ravening fans with Buildertrend. Our clients love it and we therefore we are happy. We can build many more homes because everything is right there for our trade partners to see and know when they have work coming up.

Pros

I love how everything about the building process is in this one spot. Very user friendly, and Buildertrend is very interested to hear on how they can improve. I love the scheduling feature and use this daily. Our clients are ravening fans and love this software because of it's transparency.

Cons

Because Buildertrend is so awesome, it sets a high bar for itself. So when there are glitches or I cannot successfully upload many pictures I am highly disappointed. But 1st world problems right?!

CoConstruct

More user-friendly

Response from Buildertrend

Clint - love your honesty about those first world problems! But seriously, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review and feedback. We appreciate it!

Clyde

Buildertrend - 2 Years later

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Pros

Buildertrend accomplished 90% of the roles I required of it from the moment we brought it onboard. More areas of my business were consolidated in the first 6 months of use than I ever thought would happen. This allowed field workers to properly communicate with us daily via BT.

Cons

A large number of functions are not as advertised.

BTs inability to deal with tax while integrating with an accounting software poses a large challenge.
This tax issue forces us to ignore use of all customer portal faucets that deal with the finance as the figures are tax free and inaccurate representations of their costs.

Estimates are limited to one per job.
This prevents us from using it to provide a quote for clients as we frequently quote on multiple areas of renovation work and have the client accept 1-3 separate quotes which combine to form our works.

Access to the timeclock function is limited to Internal users.
Internal users have full access to any documents, photos, or other data on BT.
The lack of a permissions setting on internal users means I can't have a single staff member employed who cannot see all documents on a job despite how sensitive the information may be.

Christy

Great Communication Tool

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

The greatest solution that BT provides is communication. It is so crucial that details are spelled out to our subs - especially if they are new to our team. It's just as crucial that our clients feel that their selections are clear and the options to provide links, images, upload files/documents - is fantastic. I also love the comment section for quick clarification if they choose to "decline" a selection.

Pros

As a designer, I appreciate the ability to communicate job details to clients, construction team members, vendors, and subcontractors. Making sure that everyone is on the same page and understands the design goal is crucial in meeting the expectations of our clients. As we use more of the features that BuilderTrend provides, the customer service representative has been knowledge and prompt in their responses.

Cons

There is a balance between making sure the software is intuitive as we move through the design/build project and making it easy for a first-time client to utilize. It would just add to the experience if potential and existing clients were able to visualize the products in the actual floor plan giving them a virtual experience. This would help up-sell the client, eliminate misunderstandings about what the materials will actually look like installed, and enhance the overall experience of our clients.

Cindy

Sales and Project Management

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Overall very satisfied we went out to Nebraska for training and met some really great people and the overall aura of the company is spectacular. Customer service has been great with answering questions which I feel is very important.

Pros

I like this software because it has a crm built right into the project management. We are a full design build company for Kitchens and Bathrooms as well as a full service stone countertop department. The software is well received by our full remodel customers and has improved communication tremendously. It also helps with new leads being able to follow up and using templates for emails so there is constant communication. We still have to get the calendar for jobs on board but we are working section by section right now.

Cons

There are still some quirks that need to be ironed out. There is no ability to tag more than one user on the activity calendar. Some of pages you print out should have the customers email and phone number on them. Emailing from the lead side is a bit quirky no be able to respond back on the same email it does because tedious to go back into the lead and have to generate a whole new email. I am confident that the above can be corrected over time.

Response from Buildertrend

Cindy, thank you so much for your review and feedback! I've passed your suggestions along to our Product team. Thanks again!