Asana

4.5 (12,728)
Write a Review!
The work management platform to organize work across teams.

(12,728)
4.3/5

12728 Reviews for UK Users

Herlene
Herlene
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Enhancing Operations with Asana

Reviewed on 15/06/2024

Asana has significantly improved our kitchen's organization and efficiency, making it easier to manage orders and ensure customer satisfaction, and enhanced our customer service operations by centralizing tasks and improving team collaboration, ultimately boosting our service quality and response times. I Highly Recommended!

Pros

Asana helps us streamline our kitchen operations with clear task assignments and deadlines, ensuring orders are fulfilled on time and customizable workflows help us manage customer inquiries promptly and efficiently.

Cons

Getting the team accustomed to using Asana took some time initially and occasionally, integrating Asana with other tools for customer communication can be challenging.

Brett
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Asana - A class project and deadline management

Reviewed on 01/07/2024

I enjoy Asana and have encouraged colleagues and clients to use Asana too

I enjoy Asana and have encouraged colleagues and clients to use Asana too

Pros

It is easy to use and I love the integration with Gmail - I turn my emails into action points

Cons

Have to pay for some features that I would like to use but not enough to justify the costs

Aliz
Aliz
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good Startup Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons

I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Because Excel can work but it's easier to get human errors due to the tool manipulation, the Asana features allow you to have a better control over what's been planned, it sends you alerts and allow you to tag users, chat with them directly over a task or a file, attach files to a specific task or subtask, which you can''t easily do in Excel, and also user interface is much better in Asana.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Asana

For the price and the features, when I tried the free version I felt much more comfortable with this tool than the others.
Carolyne

Simple but effective

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Excellent experience with Asana, I was up and running quickly and delighted to learn more as I progressed.

Pros

Asana has a good clean interface with the ability for multiple projects and countless categories and sub categories. Working with teams is a breeze as they can be added, assigned tasks and monitored with ease. Customisation turns your work areas into logical systems for your business. I used Asana on multiple businesses, not just projects and it met my requirements every time.

Cons

Other apps have so many more features than Asana and that may be more appealing to you. I like to keep it simple and found myself constantly trying to keep up with what I could do, as opposed to what I should be doing with them. For that reason, I prefer Asana.

Basecamp , monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I liked the interface and organisation of projects. Adding teams was uncomplicated. It suited not just me but my team members.
Edwin
  • Industry: Design

I love Asana but they are running an unethical money grab

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Pros

I love Asana it's easy to use and everyone understands it.

Cons

I use Asana for quite some time now for my 5 employees. Now I want to add a 6th and I need to pay for 10 seats. This is ridiculous and feels like a huge money grab.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Powerfull tool to organize everything

Reviewed on 30/06/2024

I am very happy overall, ASANA allow us to track everything in a clear way.

I am very happy overall, ASANA allow us to track everything in a clear way.

Pros

Flexibility to add note, and organize the task for all the team

Cons

Sometimes there are to many options, you need to know very well all the opportunities

Traci
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Powerful but a steep learning curve

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Pros

When I tell people about Asana I call it Spreadsheets on steroids. I love that it is familiar but more robust.

Cons

There is so much to it that I am struggling to learn it. I don't use it that often but it is because I don't know how to. That happened with another tool like Asana and once I learned it, it was awesome to use and I am sure Asana is the same way. I just haven't taken the time to learn all the features yet.

Leonardo

Asana software review

Reviewed on 02/06/2024

It needs further training from the developer and follow-up on the users.

It needs further training from the developer and follow-up on the users.

Pros

It is customizable and includes the most important features of project management.

Cons

It is not much user friendly. It takes time for a user to learn the software

Rhianna Mae
Rhianna Mae
  • Industry: Online Media

Streamlining Project Management with ASANA’s Comprehensive Task Editing Features

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Overall, ASANA has been a game-changer for our project management needs, enhancing productivity and collaboration within our team. While it does have some areas that could be improved, particularly in advanced reporting and mobile functionality, the positives far outweigh the negatives. I would recommend ASANA to other teams looking for a reliable and user-friendly project management tool. This review is based on my personal experience with ASANA at Pegasus over the last eight months. It reflects my honest opinion of the product's strengths and weaknesses.

Pros

I've been using ASANA for the past eight months, and it has significantly streamlined our project management processes.

Cons

There are areas where there is room for improvement, based on my experiences like Limited Advanced Reporting and Notification Overload.

Aziz

Asana Review

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

My overall experience with Asana is positive

My overall experience with Asana is positive

Pros

We made significant savings in workflow and time management by using the program.

Cons

The interface can be improved and customer feedback can be accelerated

Enya
  • Industry: Law Practice

Asana keeps me organized!

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Airtable

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.
Dino
Dino

Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our...

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks.
Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

Pros

What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution.
One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

When choosing a work management tool a few years ago I was deciding between Asana and Trello and since Asana was offering List View I decided to go with Asana.
Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Fantastic task management software!

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle.

The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide.

There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy...

Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them.

One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Emily
  • Industry: Media Production

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools
Luciano
Luciano

I can't do without it

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

I can both get a general overview and overview of my activities, as well as more detail and focus on the point tasks I need to solve in relation to a large task.
It allows you to break into subtasks so that you always have more control and precision.

Pros

Asana has been for me the simplest, fastest and most intuitive tool that allows me to keep order in the various activities of my work.

Cons

I would love it if it included the ability to use a "flow chart" mode that would allow you to group and use the various items in a different, more logical way.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I'm always looking for tools that can help me simplify my work life.

Trello and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The board view is simple, fast, intuitive and allows me a quick organization of content. Also other tools have this view, however in Asana I find that it is managed in an optimal way.
Sim
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Perfect Project Management Software

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

We could easily organize a small team with Asana, create sub task of larger projects and assign responsibilities.

Pros

Very easy to use and understand
Versatile in its functionalities
Good templates for 1:1 or any other possibility to organize your tasks with your manager or team
Good free functionality
Lifesaving reminders!
And unicorn rewards for finishing tasks

Cons

It is not as userfriendly when trying to attach pictures / files, as other programs. Not everything can be dragged an dropped.
Sometimes it is a bit fiddly when trying to move tasks to other groups

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is more versatile than trello boards for organizing. Asana even has the same functinality + many others

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Most easy to use Good prior experience
Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great Task, Project, and Time Management Tool

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

My last job and my current job requires a lot of process and change management and being able to collaborate, track, and schedule both projects and operational duties has really been a game changer in two roles where the amount of to-do's have been overwhelming so for me personally to just be able to organize my work is incredible and being able to collaborate on projects is just a plus. As I've repeated in this review twice already, my review is not to say that other similar project management tools are better, it's just the fact that you can have paid and unpaid subscriptions without any restraints and quite a bit of functionality that have made it the tool of choice for my company.

Pros

The ability to customize the boards, categories, tasks, and sub-tasks with its scheduling abilities helps me stay not only on task but keep track of all my reoccurring operational duties and projects that I'm juggling in my new role in my new company. Being able to have tasks move automatically from board to board with the scheduling tool helps me complete the smaller operational duties that are easily forgotten. The collaboration on projects is simple but effective and works for my team as we coordinate new billing and accounting processes for geographical service areas. Having the option for free accounts without trial time restraints is extremely helpful for those in other teams who collaborate with my team only on occasion and others who are interested in tracking the progress of certain tasks or projects.

Cons

It would be helpful if there were more integrations with other email, calendar, and communication software's and platforms for team members and other co-workers who have trouble checking Asana and could get reminders or integrations that allow them to keep track and be a part of the software while checking their other normal software's (i.e. Outlook/Slack).

Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Best choice or good alternative

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available.

The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features.

Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet.

Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Well, upon company decision and me as consultant. Monday duly meets our startup company's needs and wants.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I choose Asana the first time. But upon testing other PMS, it seems the other weighs more than Asana.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Manage projects online and collaborate easily with the Asana solution

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

In the end, I recommend researching and trying Asana for yourself to determine if it's the right project management tool for your needs.

Pros

I've used the Asana solution to manage several projects over the course of my career. From experience, I can say that this tool guarantees ease of use, allowing me to delegate tasks and track the progress of my team's work without getting in the way. The software enables my staff to meet deadlines for the completion of activities. In short, thanks to this online project management and collaboration solution, we've been able to increase our productivity.

Cons

Despite all the good things I think of the Asana management tool, I find that its interface could be less cluttered with options, as this aspect often poses difficulties for my team members. Indeed, my collaborators have difficulty finding and using some of the platform's specific functionalities.

Irene

Essential Tool for My Business Management

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

It's the only project management tool that I use for my internal team processes and it's essential to my digital agency.

Pros

I like eveyrthing about Asana, the interface is clean, user-friendly and intuitive. My learning curve was quick when ai started using it and I really enjoy the little animations I get when I mark tasks complete...

Cons

If I had to pick something, then maybe the fact that some of the features that I cannot access without a paid subscription, but the amount that I do get with the free plan is already incredible.

monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I wasn't crazy about Teamwork's new UI, it was less intuitive than its old design.

Teamwork.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It had the most user-friendly interface and design.

Great tool for task management and team collaboration.

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

Based on my experience, Asana is a great tool to coordinate small teams (or startups) and be more productive while keeping an eye on progress and bottle necks.

Pros

Asana has a great team behind its product that constantly updates the platform to meet customer demand.

The user interface is very modern and easy to use while the user experience is very well thought out with great micro interactions that make the whole product experience very delightful. It's easy to navigate from one section to another with colored elements to highlight important aspects of the UI.

It has useful features like subtasks, boards view and calendar view. You can also view the overall progress per project or team. With the portfolio function, you can view the status of all your current projects in real time, so you can keep everything on track and easily report on progress. They recently added a Gantt chart feature named "Timeline" that can help project managers.

You can create templates for different tasks and projects, so you and your team can be more efficient. Priority makes it easy to give attention to tasks that need urgent attention. Integration with different services (Slack, Harvest, Dropbox, GitHub, etc) makes Asana be even more helpful. There is also an open API for more sophisticated applications.

Cons

As with all services there is a learning curve to actually becoming proficient in using Asana, but that can be easily accomplished with a bit of time and practice.

The only thing I want to mention as a negative is the lack of option to hide team members from the side bar, because they are shown on top of each project. If you are a startup or a small team, and most of the team is on each project, it becomes irrelevant to actually see the same team members again and again. This would make the side menu / list a bit shorter to navigate through.

Odette

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day.

I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Trello , Basecamp and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Wunderlist did not have the data parsing power we needed. Asana is so much more flexible and customizeable!
Giovanni

Very Useful and Affordable Project Management Software

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

My overall experience as a Business Development Specialist using Asana is really great. It was introduced to me and my colleague back in October of 2020. We are able to consolidate all of our task progress reports from many spreadsheets and offline notepads. We are able to spend more on planning our strategy and action plans because of lots of time that we are able to save with this business tool.

It’s a good software I can recommend for both starters and existing companies who're struggling with project management and task assignments. Even beginners can easily adapt to this because of tips appearing on the screen, I believe those are really designed as tutorials for new users. The only thing is that we haven’t tried yet if it works if there will be 10 or more collaborators.

Pros

-Easily pull-up my assigned task and my colleagues tasks in one work-space
-It serve as Masterlist for all of the tasks assigned to me and to my co-worker by our superiors
-On management perspective, you can easily check and find the specific persons/members assigned on projects and each task within.

Cons

-There is a chance that some users may find its user interface non-user friendly and kind of boring especially those that are not on the management side.
-Using multiple workspaces is a bit confusing, but It can be resolved if there will be a feature to customize the position of tabs or group of tabs.
-Still require serious planning for organization of workspace because it will be a mess if the administrator or project manager will just put all of the ongoing project in just one workspace. They should be grouped or properly arranged according to which the task is associated.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use, great for accountability

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Our company has increased our ability to provide clients with deliverables. We have been able to say we meet deadlines. We also have not sacrificed quality and have been given the ability to focus on that rather than focusing on tasks/timelines.

Pros

It works for both my visually creative people and my operational people. It allows ease of mind for myself when assigning tasks to others. It's also easy to use for those who aren't "tech savvy" or who struggle with learning new things. They provide a lot of insight into how to use/customize the software for your organization. Having implemented it across my organization in the "premium" version, we have found ourselves more organized, more goal focused, and are no longer worried about remembering the details. It's all there for us. Very happy with the future updates coming out to make it less marketing/sales oriented with abstracts to more process oriented and operational-ized without losing the ease-of-use features. We use it primarily for HR (training, onboarding) and our Client Projects (keeping track of tasks and deliverables while keeping an eye on due dates). We have just implemented it into Marketing/Sales and we maintain about 75% compliance.

Cons

It was hard to find information on the premium version in a way that showed me exactly what it did. Eventually, a person contacted me by email and provided me with a webinar, but I couldn't find the same webinar on their site which was a little frustrating. Their customer support has gotten better, but it still needs a little work (chat is great, but would love a dedicated account director). Still lacks features that other PM software has which I would like. I know it's coming soon though. I rated lower on Features/Functionality and Value for Money because I think those go hand in hand. The Free version was fine for us except I wanted more. If there were more features I think it would be more worth the money. As it stands, you could take or leave the premium version. Among peers, I usually recommend the Free version and implementing that before moving towards the Premium version. I did that for about 6 months before committing to Premium.

Charissa

Asana has been a game-changer for our design and marketing teams!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Pros

As a Project Manager at a mid-sized software company, I HAVE to have a big picture overview of all work being done: who is doing what, when the deadlines are, and when tasks are completed and approved. And, I need to be able to see what's going on from anywhere at any time. Before we started using Asana, it was incredibly difficult to track all of our projects and I used several data silos to manage all of the details. Asana was a life saver for me because not only does it allow me to see all of the work/tasks assigned to individuals, but my team uses it to communicate with each other - and I can view all of their communications for reference as needed. We also use the integration with the time tracking software, Everhour, and it worked really well for us. The dashboard and reporting functionalities are extremely easy to read, and give a great overview of progress. The free version is an incredible platform on its own, and upgrading to premium is extremely reasonable considering all of the extra reporting functionality you receive. This is a great program for companies that need a simple and intuitive solution for managing projects that require high communication and fast results.

Cons

It would be nice if the interface was more customizable for the purpose of displaying data in ways that would be most helpful for each individual user. Currently the display (of projects and task lists) is fairly inflexible, but, it's very easy to use. Asana does not have gantt charts or any micro level management tools used for budgeting, which is why I recommend using Asana for the communication and deadline aspect of projects, but NOT for carrying out PM responsibilities required for most successful projects.