Trello

4.5 (23,166)
Write a Review!
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(23,166)
4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

23166 Reviews for UK Users

Antonio
Antonio

The road to your personal successes, all on a slight of hand!

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Exceptional, being a company involved in financial services we need to accomplish tasks and assignments in the fastest and more efficient possible way. Trello makes this way easier.

Pros

Trello is an incredibly user friendly software, it's easy to use and you can quickly get familiar with the dashboard.

For people who, like me, tend to organize things by "visual schemes" (eg. colors, lines ecc) trello is perfect!
The possibility of creating different colored labels depending on the priority of a certain task will make the dashboard easy to access and fast to share.

About sharing, the task assignment is really intuitive and catchy, you can either drag and drop the members of your team on a certain task or, for those who prefer more formal things, you can invite them by email to join a certain task.

Mobile and Desktop interfaces are very stable, fast and fluid. Me and my team never came accross any critrical bug.

Cons

The thing I absolutely liked the least of the software is the fact that it's not possible to upload a custom picture for the background on Lite accounts but, of course, one does not buy trello just to get his custom background.
So to sum up, no critical cons.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Asana presented some major bugs and system instability and as far as we needed 10 people to access an assignment dashboard as fast as possible we could not rely on nothing less than Trello.
Robin
  • Industry: Accounting

Love my Trello!

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Excellent - their client care bends over backward to help you find a resolution when you have a query and are kind and easy to deal with. The product speaks for itself if you like Kanban visuals like I do, plus the ability to set it up according to your own productivity system, GTD in my case.

Pros

I love that I was able to use AI to help me set my Trello up using GTD methodology. I love the backgrounds and have used both the free and paid versions. It's worth every penny and an excellent tool for bootstrapping entrepreneurs.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Trello!

Rodrigo
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello has been a game changer for organizing my work tasks and personal projects. It's so...

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and move tasks, and the visual layout helps me stay organized. It's become an essential tool for me.

Cons

I wish there were more customization options for task cards and better integration with calendar apps. It could improve the overall experience.

Cláudia
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A good software to manage work daily

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Pros

It is easy to use and set up. It can be used for many team members and it is mostly free.

Cons

It is limited due to being used the free version. But it can be upgraded to the premium version

Fassil

Why Trello Is The Best

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

An amazing solution for task and workflow management. It has served us right.

Cons

So far Trello is amazing and no flaws of any kind.

Tushar

All in one solution for Task Management and Project management

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

I would definitely recommend this software to everyone who manages the Tasks and multiple Projects.

Pros

It provides tons of features like adding member to cards, defining the due dates for orders, custom button to trigger the actions.

Cons

There is no major cons i felt till now, as it runs flawlessly.

Njeru

Trello the best project management solution

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Pros

I like that importing and exporting data is easy which allows for maximum productivity and project planning and scheduling.

Cons

Deployment and learning how to use might take time

Natascia
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Trello - A Worker's Delight

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

I like this program since it is organized and does the majority of things I need. I enjoy the simplicity so it is easy to use and train others on.

Pros

I like how Trello is super easy to use and navigate. It allows you to tag appropriate people and have a checklist for varying tasks within one main task, keeping things organized.

Cons

Trello has fewer features than some other programs. For instance, it does not let you assign one task within your checklist to anyone, just letting you assign for the main task.

Tydie

One of the easiest project management software out there

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

I love that I can seamlessly keep tabs on my projects, organize tasks and documents, and share with clients and colleagues as needed. Its very visual and everything is in one place.

Cons

No cons! It worked really well for everything I use it for.

Manage your projects and tasks with Trello

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

I’ve used Trello to organize projects with other teams and it’s been really helpful, we were able to pull out the project faster than we expected because it was well designed on Trello.

Pros

The templates are well designed, the interface is user friendly, has several useful features, the support team is kind and replies fast.

Cons

Some features were too complex for me to understand and had to ask for support.

Clay
  • Industry: Hospitality

One word: Simple.

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

I use Trello to organizing my bugs and features. Its easy to put the most important things on the most important list, and put the most important card at the top of the list. This gives me clear direction. And I have access to Trello on my phone or any computer, so I can add cards no matter where I am when i think of something that needs added. I used to keep track of these things using an actual bug tracking software, but it just took too many steps to do the same thing I am doing with Trello. The best thing about Trello, it can be used for so many purposes, so once you get used to the software and create an account, you can easily just create another board for project management, feature requests, and just a plain old to-do list.

Pros

I love how simple it is. We use kanban boards at work through Microsoft TFS, but the complexity kills the mojo a bit. I use Trello as my bug tracker and development pipeline since I am just a single developer working on my projects, and it works perfect for that. Trello follows the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid), I can tell! Just create a board, add a list, and add cards. Very easy, very simple, and very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was a better search feature. When I search for text, I wish it would show me on the board where the result is... maybe when I click the result and scrolls to show me the card, so I can then drag it to another list if I want. Right now the search result show me the card and hide all the others, but by doing that I cant drag to reorder it.

YouTrack and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

You Track is actually pretty good software, but as a sole developer, the simplicity in trello won out. In one click, I can add a bug/feature, whereas with YouTrack, it took several clicks to pick the type, severity, category, tags, etc. You track might be better for bigger teams, but even then, Trello has the tools to scale up as well.

YouTrack

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Free is a great price, so that is hard to beat. Overall, it's just the most simple and easy to use kanban style board out there. Asana looks like a great tool as well and has more features, but sometimes less features is best.
Lisa
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Amazing software!

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros

The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons

Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Evernote was getting too bulky, lacked the visual component that Trello offers.

Evernote Teams

Price and ease of use.
Cielle

I am getting so much more done

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros

Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward.

And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons

Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits.

With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

Brian
Brian

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work.

I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every work session or meeting. I move cards around as they get done or re-prioritized and try to focus only on the tasks I need do each day.

My work output is measured on the outcomes I get for my clients and how much I can accelerate their learning while working together. I just need a tool to get out of the way of my work and Trello does that really well. Highly recommend for a single consultant or freelancer. I can see this working well for small teams that work in semi-formal sprints and need to collaborate too.

Pros

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week.

Major plus is the addition of labels. I only work with 3 - 6 clients at one time. Instead of having several boards and having to click through each one to manage tasks, I have them on the same board and tagged with different colored labels. Since I will have 10 - 20 tasks in a week, this makes it easy to see that all my client projects are making progress.

All in all, I need simple task management across a few projects and this is better than other software that I use for that. I actively use Asana on a specific project and have used JIRA extensively but I still prefer this for my consulting work.

Lastly, getting one free power up on the free plan is nice. I use the recurring tasks power up and have 5-10 recurring tasks (monthly for payroll, weekly for recurring meetings).

Cons

The search function and the reporting are the weak points.

In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month.

Reporting isn't part of Trello from what I can tell. I don't need super robust reporting but I did start using a process where it would be nice to get an export. I ended up upgrading to the basic paid plan to do that but I didn't find it useful enough to continue paying for.

Related, you only get one free power up. I think this is acceptable amount since...it's free. But I rarely look into the other power ups since I know I need the recurring one. I did see that they have a Trello Gold plan for $5/month which gives you 3 power ups. That seems worth it as a single user (although I won't revisit needing to upgrade until I revisit my processes at the turn of the year).

Jira, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I like them all for different reasons. For an independent consultant, they all had too much overhead involved.
Kayla
Kayla
  • Industry: Media Production

Perfect for Podcast Production!

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

I have used Trello for both blog writing and podcasting and have found it absolutely perfect for tracking the progress of a podcast episode. It's great!

Pros

Trello allows us to easily track the progress of each podcast episode, from idea phase to scheduling interviews to publishing and sharing on social media. We can easily move an episode's card throughout the production process to ensure we stay on track. LOVE IT!

Cons

Sometimes things go out of order - for example, we may schedule a guest before writing an outline - and then we don't have an easy way to reflect that in the column structure. It's worth it anyway, though!

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Our Google Sheets were messy and hard to update, and difficult to understand at a glance. Trello fixes all of that!

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I love the visual column layout - it's so easy to see where a project is at with just a glance.
Faruk
Faruk

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.

Aishwary
  • Industry: Insurance

Smart Project Management via Trello.

Reviewed on 01/10/2022

I have an amazing experience while designing the workspaces, creating boards and onboarding users on the platform.
The sign up process is also very easy.
The features are very beneficial in terms of scheduling and tracking activities.
We can have a number of portfolios created and viewed as cards on the Trello dashboards.
The overall user experience and interface is amazing and is meant for scaling businesses.

I have benefitted a lot from using Trello for projects related to Content Marketing, Retail Management, Sales and Retention

Pros

• Simple and user-friendly onboarding
• Having different sections within cards for adding information and comments.
• Quick access to cards by using search bar
• Drag and drop cards
• Convenient for viewing all activities on the board
• Email and desktop notifications
• Mention in card feature
• Integration to other third-party apps
• User Last seen stats

Cons

The export feature is not handy in Trello.
It could have been better if a simple export feature could be made available for users to obtain stats such as average resolution time and no. of cards with zero activity.

Teamwork Desk, Asana and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is simpler and more effective in terms of user onboarding and scheduling/tracking activities. It also provides a variety of beneficial features from the basic plan itself. Also the Trello app on mobile comes handy for quick actions and updates to the cards.
Joseric
Joseric
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Trello for Work and Private stuff

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Trello will highly improve your productivity for both your office work and personal life. It did to me. You can organize action items (or just about everything any list can do) in a fun and colorful platform. Try it by starting with the basic Trello (free) which is fantastic in itself and might be even more than enough for basic needs.

Pros

I love Trello boards! Ever since I was introduced by my manager to the concept of Kanban boards and Trello, I have loved this app for use in the office (required for my team) as well as for my personal productivity (i.e., my private life).

We started using Trello when it was just a simple Web app (used only via the web browser), now I love it even more since they already created an installable version for my devices both Mac (office work) and Windows (personal pc) as well as an Android version (mobile phone). Now I can access my boards anywhere I go.

Also, the recent addition of the Home page sort of Wall (like facebook) made it easier to have a rundown of the cards/boards that were recently updated or nearing its due date. This is very useful when you already have multiple (or tons of) boards.

Notifications are fantastic! I get reminded via email when a card is due, or whenever a team member makes an update.

One more thing I love about this is that you can share boards in public/private/teams. This makes collaboration with external stakeholders possible (or simply just wanting to share a board to the entire internet population).

Cons

The Free version does not allow you to extract all your boards into a spreadsheet format (e.g., excel). Anyway, I was able to try it out (before subscribing) via a Powerup I got for free. I'm not sure about the logic of having to "Archive" a card first before being able to "Delete" it. Maybe there is a reason, but sometimes I would just like to delete a card straight away.

One of the few tools that I would recommend to everyone

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Overall, Trello has been great for organizing ideas, systemizing processes, and also for collaborating with clients even when we house a project in another PM tool.

Pros

First off, let's talk about how well-built Trello is. Trello runs very smoothly, and quickly, across various platforms. There is no struggle that comes along with using Trello, which is why I recommend it to almost everyone, for any thing imaginable. Furthermore, there is hardly a learning curve. Trello creates lists and cards just as a person would in the "real world," so getting started is a breeze.

- Fast. Trello is very fast.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Very flexible. Trello alone can do a lot, but once you start incorporating the many (MANY) integrations and "power-ups" available, Trello becomes unstoppable.
- The mobile app is superb. Everything you can do on the web app, can be done in the mobile app. And again, it is very smooth and seamless betweeen the platforms.
- Customizeable. Not only can Trello lists and cards be used to your liking, but you can also customize your background image and add stickers to cards. This makes for a comfortable workspace.
- Due dates, assignments, comments, file storage, checklists, etc. The list goes on. Trello has it all.
- Trello is FREE. However, if you want to be a power user, you can upgrade to Business Class. Business Class is reasonably priced and definitely worth the upgrade.

Cons

There are few cons with Trello, but there are always cons with everything. So, without further ado:

- Linking cards between boards still lacks in simplicity. With business class (the premium Trello membership), you can create board groups. Grouping boards helps with organization, but there is still a clear disconnect between boards.
- Simple image editing tools are not available, but would be of great value. You can't even rotate an uploaded image that is sideways... that's unfortunate.

Rob

Trello - Organize your tasks for better life

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

I have been using it for personal purposes. I just found the app and decide to try it. Because of our energetic and dynamic days, there is a strong need to stay focused and organized, I think that app is very good for doing this. It helps you stay organized, always know what exactly you need to do at the moment, schedule your time and stay healthy mind because you do not need to remember all the things in your head and you can focus on your daily tasks.
I pretty recommend this app for every purpose. I think everyone can find himself or herself here because it can save a lot of time, nerves and not finished on-time job.
I think it is a very powerful and useful 2019s app for better everyday life.

Pros

This software has multiple features to like. Some of them are:
1. It helps you to organize all your tasks - from your home needs, vacations, what to buy for eating, to your business needs and office tasks.
2. You can share your projects with your family, team or friends - For example, you will no longer forget to say to your partner what to do instead of you at home - just share your common tasks and everything is ready.
3. You can easily create categories - like TO DO, IN PROGRESS, IDEAS and whatever you like. With this feature you always will see exactly what you want - for example you will always see only what you need to do and nothing else unnecessary.
4. You can add to your tasks images, due dates, attachments. You can share a task with specific people only. You can create checklists which I think are very powerful for one task because you just check everything you have done.
5. There are different design templates that help you organize different tasks for different spheres of life - like Home tasks, Business tasks, Study tasks.
6. The design is super pretty and eye-catching and for me, it is a pleasure to work with that kind of beautiful app.
7. You can synchronize your projects and tasks between your devices - PCs, laptops, phones, and tablets. I think this is useful because let's say you can write down all your tasks for the week on the PC on Sunday and then just check them on your phone throughout the entire week.

Cons

Till my using, I didn't find any inconvenience working with the app. I think that the app is very intuitive, easy to use and powerful for all your needs.
Of course, if you need it for strong purposes, you need to pay a bit for it, but I think the pricing is very good for all the powerful features the app supports.

Nancy
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great team collaboration and organization tool

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I am a beginner at Trello, so have not investigated all the functionality. That being said, I can envision, with proper licensing, utilizing Trello daily in my job, home, home business, and travel.

A software vendor managing a new implementation developed a sort of scrum board with user stories, where we can post questions/concerns we come upon during the implementation life cycle. In addition to using a basic "post-it note" type board, I was very easily able to create a full series of test scripts and assign team members within the first 30 minutes of use. MUCH more elegant than a giant workbook!

Browsing templates, I found a trip planner for Paris, which is where I plan to take my granddaughter next summer. I was effortlessly able to change the itinerary and edit embedded link to the Skyscanner power-up to point to our home airport and actual dates. My granddaughter is a member, so when she sees or thinks of something she wants to do, she can add a card or link to our trip board.

Recently my business partner for our part-time Etsy shop sent a link to a Trello board template for inventory keeping, so after the holidays, we plan to start developing this for our shop.

This is a fantastic tool to keep on track and take away the pain of sorting through so many activities, tasks, to-do's, plans, etc. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Cloud based - available 24/7 without having to VPN in to a server that stores Project docs.
Flexible - create test scripts, PM tasks/timelines, to-do lists, trip planning, inventory
Fun - allows switching backgrounds, cute stickers, set reminders, embed links and maps, allows users to give it a personal touch and flair
Easy - simple to use, with many templates available online. The seems to be no limit to the the uses one can imagine for this product.
5S - Eliminates the need for post-its and binders full of scribbled notes - just add a note/task/card and it is there in the cloud, accessible with a click for future reference.

Cons

The only setback I have experienced is that an upgrade to 'business class' is required to utilize more than one "Power-up," per board. 'Power ups' are free add-ons different functions and enhancements and embedded links to maps, travel sites, calendars, etc.. I have not yet approached my company to purchase an upgrade, since I do not know who would use these multi-power-upped boards that would require additional 'business class' licenses. We ran in to this with PowerBI as well - great if there are only a few using, but the costs quickly accumulate once users see how greatly this would impact their work efforts.

Without the power-up, I cannot get dates on tasks within a card to update automatically when changing the beginning date, because there does not seem to be a standard dependency/gantt feature like there is in Project.

Rob

Trello keeps projects centralized and organized.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all.

I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros

Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching.

I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond.

It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

Oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export

Trello promising app

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

From my personal experience, I really liked using trello because it was free and widely spread among everyone proof of its effectiveness, I relied on it a lot during my study period for my Master in International Business, and I am very grateful to Trello because it was very useful in organizing my time and study programs and reminding me of notes because exams period often It is stressful and forgetful, now I rely on Trello to manage my content on social media, and I even used it repeatedly in managing the marketing team of the company in which I work as a marketing manager because I see it as much easier and simpler than other applications in the same category, and most importantly, it is never expensive so it will be A very supportive point for startups and entrepreneurs who are about to launch their own path.

Pros

From what I have noticed in my field, the Trello application is one of the most popular applications among budding entrepreneurs because it is free and available to almost everyone. Trello has many options to deal with your daily program or project, which can adapt to different types of tasks or projects, you can use Trello to organize your vacation, manage your work team, manage your own project, social networking sites, etc., there are many tools that enhance the flexibility of Trello to suit your preferences The user can use checklists to monitor tasks or colors to categorize them, and best of all, it allows you to accurately monitor the development of your performance at all levels.

Cons

I can say that there are many features that could greatly improve Trello if they were added, such as a feature for voice recording of tasks for people who do not like to write very much, and we may go further and suggest the feature of converting voice recording to my book on Trello for dictation Tasks and comment on them, I think that these suggestions require huge investments in research and development and artificial intelligence, however, we can suggest simpler features such as adding the feature of sending notifications as reminders of tasks that need to be completed through user accounts on social networking sites, and we can always recommend the ability to add images and logos For the user, his project or his company in order to enhance the sense of belonging to the users in the long run, and as a final note, the best performance reports formulated in the form of tips and recommendations, i.e. not only inform me about my achievement percentage during the last week, but also advise me to improve my performance during the following week to compensate for the delay.

Yusif
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

My experience

Reviewed on 21/04/2023

Overall, I had a positive experience using Trello for my task and project management needs. The platform was easy to use, and the Kanban-style boards made it simple to visualize my tasks and track their progress. I also appreciated the ability to add team members to boards and assign tasks to specific users, which helped keep everyone on the same page.However, there were a few areas where I felt that Trello could be improved. For example, I would have liked to see more advanced reporting options, as well as better functionality in the free version of the platform. Additionally, while the mobile app was generally reliable, there were occasional issues that impacted my ability to use Trello on the go.Despite these issues, I still found Trello to be a valuable tool for managing my tasks and projects, and I would recommend it to others looking for a flexible and user-friendly task management platform.

Pros

I find Trello's interface to be straightforward and intuitive, with easy-to-use features and a clean design. I appreciate the ability to create custom boards and workflows to manage my tasks and projects, and the Power-Ups are extremely useful for enhancing my productivity.Overall, I find Trello to be a reliable and user-friendly platform for managing tasks and projects, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile and customizable project management tool.

Cons

I found the platform to be a very useful tool for managing my tasks and projects. However, there were a few aspects of the platform that I found to be less than ideal.One area that I found frustrating was the lack of advanced reporting features. While Trello offers some basic reporting options, I would have appreciated more in-depth reporting capabilities, such as custom reports or the ability to view task metrics across multiple boards. This would have allowed me to more easily track my progress and make informed decisions about project management.Finally, I found the mobile app to be somewhat unreliable at times. While it generally worked well, there were occasional crashes and slow loading times that made it difficult to use on the go. This was a minor inconvenience, but it did impact my overall experience with the platform.

Dawie

Visually appealing solution - Used as a personal productivity management tool and as a shared...

Reviewed on 03/09/2018

Team collaboration on boards is easy.
It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a...

Team collaboration on boards is easy.
It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there.

The third party integrations through Trello's Powerups functionality, makes it possible to develop a customized Trello solution that is very powerful. But, that means that a user, or a company, would need to create an account with each of the third party solutions. This could become costly and difficult to manage because each solution has its own subscription rules.

I am very happy to use Trello. I use it everyday as my primary productivity management tool and as organisational repository for all the tasks associated with my different work projects. I have different boards for each project and many lists and cards for each boards. Cards are easily moved between lists once they are completed or when their content changes and they consequently relate better to a different list.

Pros

The visual appeal of Trello is the major factor that makes me prefer if above other productivity management solutions.
The interface is easy to use and understand.
It is easy to change card into its own list, or to transfer it to another board.
Navigation is simple.
Multiple users can access and work on a board if they have the permission.
A long list of other software products can be easily integrated with Trello with Powerups - (1). This makes it easy to access files/information contained in other products without leaving Trello. (2). It is consequently also easy to navigate to the other products through Trello.
It allows attachments of many different types to the cards.
Time/date stamp comments can be made to cards.
Activity on boards and cards are also time/date stamped with information regarding the changes made.
Team collaboration on boards is easy. It is a very intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there. It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards.
The GUI and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) of Trello, is very well developed and thought out.
Checklists can be added a card.
It is easy to set-up a new team with access rights to certain boards.

Cons

Text formatting is not enabled with the common "drag-select-change" or keyboard shortcuts that users are used too from other familiar applications. Instead characters need to be entered among the text to change a word to bold/italics... or to make text into headers, lists, and any other format options. The text format rules that Trello uses is called: Markdown formatting syntax. One has to remember the correct syntax if one wishes to edit the format of text.
Workflow automation or task assignment automation could strengthen Trello - but it does enable integration with other applications that might fill this requirement.
A calendar view is not part of the basic Trello solution - once again a integration with a third party application is required.