Jobber

Write a Review!
Quoting, scheduling, & invoicing for home service businesses

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

757 Reviews for UK Users

Paul
Paul
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent company and excellent product

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Makes things work so much better for us! There are small issues but we work through them. Nothing is perfect and for the price point this is phenomenally the best on the market.

Pros

Absolutely great system and easily adaptable to service companies. They are constantly adding features and functions and I hate to give only 4 stars on that but there are a few things that we would like to have but it doesn't incorporate. They are ALWAYS open to listening and I have actually had some of my ideas incorporated into the program. If I could give 10 stars on the customer service and value for the money I absolutely would. It is a simple program to use once you play with it for a bit. They are always updating which is awesome always new functionality available!

Cons

I don't like the fact that Visits and Jobs are treated separately with no way to combine them. I wish that you could set this up and for us, just delete the visit altogether because for us a Job is a Visit. They are always 1 to 1 ratio for us. It makes some of the scheduling frustrating because you can schedule a job but not have a visit scheduled. I can completely see how other companies need the ability for multiple visits on 1 job though.
Would like to see compulsory custom fields so you don't forget to fill out important data on quotes or invoices.
This is a big one, if you don't use the Stripe Jobber Payments then you cannot post a refund to a clients account. You basically have to do a work around and then post a negative invoice. It is very frustrating for a basic accounting function. We often have customers place deposits or pay in advance and they don't use their full deposit for our service. We have to issue a refund and it is a real pain to do.

Olivia

Jobber Customer Support Employees Deserve a Raise

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Pros

Jobber definitely has a learning curve. Any time I have ever had a question, though, Jobber support has been ULTRA helpful. Now that I am comfortable with the software, I love it. The setup makes it so easy to see what needs to be done so I don't miss anything, and the step-by-step process makes quoting, scheduling, and invoicing very streamlined.I find myself going "Oh, cool, Housecall Pro wouldn't let me do that" often.

Cons

The top two main concerns are issues with multiple contacts under a profile and calendar colors. I have no way of knowing what phone number/email goes to who, and I have up to 7 numbers under some of our commercial accounts. I need to be able to custom label numbers/emails other than "Work, Mobile, Home" Calendar colors is the only thing I miss from Housecall Pro. I could enter the HTML color code which made it so much easier to tell people apart on the calendar. While I'm at it, I'd like to be able to click and drag things at 15 minute intervals instead of 30 minutes; that would save me so much time.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Olivia! This was such a detailed review, so thank you so much for sharing this with us! It's so nice to know that our Support team was able to help make sure you were set up and feeling comfortable with Jobber and that you've now got everything in place so that you won't miss anything.

Really appreciate you flagging those concerns to us too! Our Support team can definitely offer suggestions for both the contact info you're needing to be more clearly labelled and calendar colors, so feel free to reach out to us to chat more about those pieces. It'd be great to hear from you!

John
  • Industry: Chemicals

Good but not great. Extremely slow to implement functional improvements

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

The biggest benefit for my industry is to have an all-in-one software that lets me manage clients, scheduling, billing, and reporting, and most importantly track and log my pesticide usage - which is a legal requirement for my industry. It does the first 4 things really well, but the chemical tracking is such a cumbersome, poorly designed abomination that I'll jump ship in a heartbeat the minute I can find a comparable CRM solution.

Pros

It's easy(ish) to get started. There's a lot to learn, like any software, but once you get used to it it's pretty good. Menus could be better, there's important features hidden in weird areas, but there's not so many different areas to explore that it's overwhelming.The ability to integrate a contact form into a website is a big one, it makes grabbing all of a customer's basic info a snap. Creating quotes, jobs, scheduling visits, invoicing, follow ups, all a snap.The mobile app is OK, could definitely benefit from improvements though. Hard to use an app that doesn't have any offline functionality whatsoever.Customer service is decent - though it used to be GREAT. Wait times are now very long, but the staff are all friendly and knowledgeable.The ability to create your own (service) reports and job forms to attach to visits is an important and useful feature for my industry. Attaching photos and other relevant files is quick and easy.

Cons

The short version of complaints is that Jobber devs simply don't listen. Ever. Years of submitting the same recommendations and complaints and nothing gets addressed. And I'm talking about fundamental critical changes that are vital to my industry, not cosmetic things or little bugs. But no, just the same lip service from the CS team "we'll certainly pass this along to our dev team". All they seem to be focused on improving is the offerings in their app marketplace, finding redundant integrations that no one is asking for or needs.Jobber is VERY expensive, which adds to the frustration of being ignored. If it fits your needs as is, great, but don't expect any changes.The mobile app can't be used properly offline. It won't even launch if there's no data. So if trying to access your schedule to find the address for your next appointment you'd better hope you took a screenshot of your day in the morning so you know where you need to go.Jobber doesn't push changes to client changes to QBO, instead it relies on making the changes in Quickbooks to be pushed to Jobber. We're using the CRM software as the primary tool to manage all aspects of client info, yet we have to open a completely different software to save changes to certain info.Pesticide use records. The whole thing is a mess, from top to bottom. Period.The system sends WAY too many emails to clients for various functions. I'm often marked as a spam sender and vital communcations are missed.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi there John! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a detailed review.

Jobber has been, and continues to be, built on customer feedback and we acknowledge that suggestions that are provided to us might not come to fruition. We prioritize development based on customer impact to the majority, but we encourage you to keep sharing any ideas you have and check the Product Updates area for future changes.

With our new app design, certain functions were created to allow for unsaved items to be stored until a connection has been restored. However, this is just a start and we know there is much more we can do! We'd also love to hear what your needs would be for further offline functionality.

As for our sync with QBO, we are in the process of releasing a new version of the sync which will look at Jobber as the source of changes, so we also encourage you to reach out to us as migrations to this new sync is now available.

Finally, with the emails that we send out to your customers, this can be refined and we'd also like to know more which ones they are finding to be noisy or annoying.

We really want to stress how important it is for us to understand your needs and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If you reach out to us, please be sure to mention that you left a Capterra review and we can speak to you directly about your feedback.

Take care!

Jorge
  • Industry: Accounting

Jorge’s review

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

I’ve used Jobber very highly to be honest they have made my company run smoothly. Though sometimes I fret about the pricing because they are priced highly and I feel like for small businesses. It’s difficult to afford on a monthly basis, but it’s one of those things that now I’m already in it and I cannot use Jobber so I’m just going to have to figure out the cost.

Pros

It makes my life super easy from the day. I got it from scheduling clients to sending out reminders for client appointments to invoicing. Everything is very seamless and I can be done on my phone.

Cons

There are some glitches such as when I receive a notification such a text message I get the same notification that I got a message like 20 times on my screen. Sometimes it says system glitches and it doesn’t send receipts after automatic payments to clients.

Thryv
Candi
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy, Simple but Powerful App

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Overall our experience has been great. We haven't had to contact customer service but a couple of times and they are on top of it and that is very important to me as the admin, because I am not with my employees all day, I am at the office and when they have a problem, I point them to Jobber customer service and you guys are awesome. Our employees are able to really track their time on the jobs which in the end will help them when they apply for their own electrical license.

Pros

The fact that it was very easy to implement and get our staff on the app with such ease. The customer service is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I have punted questions from my employees over to the customer service chat on their own devices to answer their specific questions.

Cons

I wish that when we invoiced from Jobber and synced it with Quickbooks, that if we have a change on that invoice, that the change would sync over to quickbooks as well. I wish that there was like a daily journal feature that could be implemented somehow. My husband comes home at night and physically writes down all the things he did that day. So like a check list for himself. If I could get him to do on his Ipad, it would save him some time I think.

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

A plumber friend of mine mentioned it and we looked into Jobber and did a demo, plus my friend showed up some real life situations on his phone and my husband was sold.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Candi! This was such a thorough review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here! We especially appreciate your notes about wanting updates to sync to QuickBooks and some sort of journal space to hopefully save your husband some time. It sounds like the journal especially would be a big help for you two, so that's great feedback for us to have. Thanks again!

Mike
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great concept but poor execution!

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

I have only had problem with jobber since I started. I still use 2 different systems because Jobber doesnt work as it is supposed to. I was misinformed about the product and nothing was really done to rectify the situation. Was asked to work with the develop team but was not giving the opportunity to be compensated for my time and was still charged full price when multiple features with the Jobber app, did not work the way it was supposed to.

Pros

The sales pitch.....unfortunately, poor delivery.

Cons

Optimized routing does not work the way it is supposed to. Job forms that you create cannot even be seen from the active job/visit, that you are on.

Crew Control

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

I switch because of the abilitiy to do more out in the field without having a tablet or laptop with me to run quotes, create and edit jobs andor send invoices.

Crew Control

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Because I was told that features would work like expected. I was also enticed with a $0 cost per month for initial set up to only spend hours with the develop team. Unfortunetly, the features that I need most, do not work as the should.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Mike, thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear that your experience with Jobber and routing hasn't been the best since you started. We would like to discuss this further with you to help find a solution, so please give us a call at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, email [email protected] or reach out via our live chat

Michael

A CRM built for the needs of home services!

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Overall Jobber is very good. The customer support is friendly and knowledgeable but obviously lack any real input from customers to the devs.
For the most part, they have wrapped up almost everything, but there are a few rough edges that need to be addressed. That said, I have not found a better CRM for home services.

Pros

Quotes are easy
Collect a deposit
Keep cards on file
Ease of Scheduling
Good mobile app

Cons

Unable to give partial returns through Jobber Payments
Need more environmental variables
Better API
More triggers in Zapier
Native texting is lacking in so many ways. Maybe instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, you could partner with a texting/phone/review product like Emitrr.

Zoho CRM and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

Jobber is better suited to sales that don't go through a sales funnel, the scheduling is a breeze, and the customer's experience is seemless.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Michael, thanks for your review!
If there is anything we can do to improve your experience feel free to get in touch with our success team at 1-888-721-1115 Option 2, [email protected], or by live chat.

Troy
  • Industry: Design

Jobber fits most needs for service/field type scheduling work

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Great experience and would recommend it for most companies who utilize field/service type staff that requires trips to properties. Very easy to use for office staff and mostly easy to use for field staff.

Pros

- Easy to deploy
- Syncs with Quickbooks
- Many views to view work with filtering options
- Ability to limit worker's capabilities
- Ability to allow customers to request work
- Ability to send quotes/invoices (though we used QB for this)
- Scheduling was a breeze

Cons

- Phone app was not as intuitive as I liked from a UX/UI standpoint, but we overcame that hurdle
- Recurring jobs can be difficult to delete and when you have many it can cause more harm than good. It is built more for one-off jobs currently in my opinion.

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

The features fit our needs better and the UX/UI seemed to be better.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Troy! Thank you very much for taking the time to send us a review. We are very happy to hear that Jobber is meeting your business needs. We would also love to hear more about how we could improve Jobber's UX/UI, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at 1-888-721-1115 opt 2, [email protected] or via our live chat.

Sierra
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Best Small Business Scheduler Out There

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

I've tried lots of programs and this by far is the best!

I've tried lots of programs and this by far is the best!

Pros

I love how easy to use Jobber is, it just make sense. Customers can easily use it from their phone or computer. I get paid so much faster with Jobber payments. Plus its all automated and I don't have to remember to send things out Jobber does it for me.

Cons

No I love Jobber, they have exceeded my expectations!

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Sierra! We're so glad that switching to Jobber has been such a positive experience for you and your customers, and that you've been getting paid faster too. That's awesome! We really appreciate your review, thank you so much!

Robert
  • Industry: Utilities

Inexpensive but same features as the big guys

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

Overall it's been excellent.

Overall it's been excellent.

Pros

It does everything from taking a call to payment.

Cons

I don't like the fact that the office personnel are not free and unlimited as all the competitors. Each office staff is forced to be an individual user. We have 4 users being wasted on dispatchers alone.

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

I used jobber with my last employer. When I opened my own shop I turned to what I knew jobber. Glad I did to. I had no idea all these other apps were charging around $140 per person. Jobber charges us less then that for the whole shop to use it.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Robert, thanks so much for your review and we're glad Jobber is doing the trick for your job flow from call to payment! We offer quite competitive pricing, but if you're ever concerned about the value you're getting from Jobber our Success Team is here to help and talk things through. Thanks again!

Jordan

Good, could be more customizable.

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

We are able to make use of most of the features. For the price, it is worth it. We mainly use it for scheduling employees and keeping track of timesheets. Also, the client Database is quite useful.

Pros

We like the scheduling and the client portal.

Cons

We don't like the invoicing procedure. Having to add everything from the timesheet to the job is tedious and could be done easily with a change to the program.Why not have the option to populate the invoice with all of the current man hours/visits that are on the job when generating an invoice?

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Jordan! We really appreciate your review of Jobber and your feedback! We'll certainly send your comments to our developers.

If you ever have more feedback for us, please reach out to our Support team and they'd be able to provide it to our developers. They may be reached at 1-888-721-1115 opt 1, [email protected], or you can send us a message through live chat.

Cheers!

Zianne

Just do it!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

This is not just an app. I literally use Jobber for every aspect of my business. They’re always adding new and helpful features that will take your business to the next level of efficiency. I’ve never been this enthusiastic about giving a 5 star review— they really deserve it. They also care about community. I highly highly recommenced you choose this app/site if you’re looking for a platform to manage your service/booking based business. It will give you everything you’re looking for.

Cons

To be completely honest, theres nothing I can pinpoint that I don't like. There was a request I had a while back regarding adding a new feature, and magically, they added it within months (To be able to manually input credit card payments for invoices). They seriously consider their customers requests. I have so much faith in them because they're always improving.

Response from Jobber Software

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review, Zianne! We're so proud to work with the Elite team and it's been great having your involvement in some of our community events! So glad to have you on the team, and don't hesitate to keep those requests coming so we can work some more of that "magic" ;)

Kathleen

Software with the WOW factor

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

It was like a breath of fresh air. IT WORKS! Its simple. Its intuitive. The knowledge base is also excellent.
We installed this is the month of April, coming off a disaster with another company. Our Garden center business was off the charts busy, and to undertake a project like install a new program was 'unthinkable' crazy, and yet we could NOT continue with the software we were trying to use, it was a disaster. And so we did it. We ordered the trial. I wasn't about to change with out a try out. I was burnt badly with the program we were trying to use....I ran the trial . Within hours I knew that this was the program we had wanted & hoped for. In a matter of 4 or 5 days, I knew there was no reason to go the whole 14 days of the trial. We signed up and never looked back . It has been AWESOME. The customer service is outstanding, The mobile program is AWESOME, my men were up and running within MINITUES of turning them on. It is so well designed they we all up and running in no time at all...NO problems, NO issues...so refreshing after what we had been through. From A to Z this program has been great.

Pros

How amazingly easy was to implement. This was so refreshing, so easy. and it works SO well. I can not say it enough. It does what it says it does. It does it well. It simply to use. It is complete. I don't think there is anything they haven't thought of . We have used and trialed many other packages. This one blows the others out of the water.....

Cons

I know there must be something, only I haven't found any thing to be unhappy with.
I like everything so far.
NO CONS at this time, 6 months in.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Kathleen, we couldn't be happier to hear that your experience with Jobber is going so well. So glad to have you on the team. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with other business owners :)

Jim
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Jobber is a great job scheduling, quote & invoicing platform. I would recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

I already answered that question

I already answered that question

Pros

The website is easy to navigate.

Employees can easily see their jobs in mobile app.

Entering client & job info is a breeze even for new employees.

Live chat is available and the issues I have had have been easily solved via live chat.

Quotes are easy to find in the system and can easily be converted into jobs with minimal or no extra data entry.

Invoicing is easy and seamlessly integrates with quickbooks.

Once I turn on Jobber payments, customers will have a very easy way to pay their bill that is just as simple as PayPal (our current payment platform).

I can tag clients into any kind of group I can think of. The biggest way we will use tagging is for delinquent Invoice customers (we are blessed not to have many). Any employee who tries to enter a new job for a client in this category will see a tag reminding us to get paid for past work before agreeing to a new job. There are ways to track past due invoices but not all employees can see that info.

Automatic emails and sms templates in Jobber can be easily customized for our business needs.

Automatic customer reminder emails and sms is awesome way for customers to remember appointments.

Customers via email link in their quote can request quote changes.

Customers via email link in their quote can accept a quote and sign-off on it which makes converting a quote into a job very easy. Notification of an approved quote is emailed to me and the dashboard in the program notifies me.

Cons

Can't do line item discounting on quotes...customers like to see normal price next to discount price....also certain items on a quote need a discount without discounting the entire quote....currently a discount can only be shown after the subtotal and the discount will apply to the entire quote, discounting labor before discounting a taxable item.

Can't send generic quotes easily...sometimes we want to put several options on a single quote but the program tallies all the dollar amounts together and puts an outrageous total at the bottom...we have lost business due to a customer looking at the "total amount" of a quote and freaking out because they don't realize the quote tallied all the options together.

Can't make job forms mandatory for employees to complete before closing out a job thus making it harder to hold employee responsible when certain details are missed in a process.

Products and services reports can be skewed on the dollar amounts because again sometimes discounts are applied on an invoice but Jobber only allows for a discount on the subtotal (rather than line item)...this makes it hard to get an accurate dollar amount when doing reporting on specific items we sell. As far as I can see, Jobber reports will not take into account discounts given during a specific period of time.

The automatic quote follow up feature can only be viewed on main website. There is currently no way to make it visible to an assigned employee on the mobile app.

Cade

Best Software company

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Pros

What I most like about jobber is the ease of control and the client portal, my clients love being able to go in to their each unique portal and check on reoccurring jobs and upcoming visits.

Cons

What I most dis like about jobber is the incoiving because i sometimes have to do it twice but this is not that big of a deal as i am automating everything.

Aspire

Reasons for Choosing Jobber

I made the switch a few years ago from yardbook because as my company grows I need to adopt to other software's as my company expands and elaborates into other ventures.

Reasons for Switching to Jobber

It was in budget at the time.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Cade!

We're so glad your clients have been enjoying using the Client Hub to keep up to date on their upcoming work, that's so cool! If you're open to it, our team would love to chat with you about your invoicing workflow to find out how we can help streamline that for you and make things as easy as possible. Feel free to reach out to us at 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), [email protected], or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here too, we really appreciate it!

Carlos Eder
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Exceptional Software Solutions - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Pros

I absolutely love how Jobber has simplified our daily operations. It's become an essential tool for us, allowing us to easily manage scheduling, reminders, and online bookings. Plus, it's made a noticeable difference in keeping our business organized and running smoothly. Additionally, the GPS routing feature has been a game-changer, and being able to communicate with our customers via text message has been a huge time-saver. Lastly, the automation for online quotes and payments has made our business operations much smoother. Overall, we highly recommend Jobber to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient software solution for their business.

Cons

Great question! Honestly, we haven't come across anything that we dislike about Jobber. It's been an incredibly helpful tool for our business operations and we highly recommend it.

ZenMaid

Andora

Could be fantastic, but lacks features in quoting/estimating and as communication hub.

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

good

good

Pros

Very good app except the very basic quoting/estimating, job scheduling and customer communication 'capabilities'. Jobber works very well without glitching both on browser and on app, very clean look, without too much going on to be distracting. However the issues I have with above mentioned make me constantly search for alternatives. If they continue to improve and make changes to these 3 areas, the software would be perfect. I don't see that happening soon though since focus seems to be on integrating very expensive 3rd party apps that don't benefit small businesses.

Cons

The scheduling function is good but could be much better if they allowed for other schedule types that aren't one time or on an easily recurring schedule. For landscape, we have visits on one contract that are weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, twice yearly, etc. So usually between 45-60 visits included in a single quote. But because they don't all fit into a neat recurring schedule, I usually include the highest frequency regular visits like 28 weekly mows, then have to create all the remaining visits one by one!!! the most frustrating thing ever! So much work and it takes so long! Its one of the absolute WORST things about scheduling.There are work arounds of course, but then my jobs are not associated with the quotes that were approved, so all this information is spread out on 8 different jobs, but the deposit and totals only associated with one quote. It is incredibly frustrating when I have to invoice later or trying to get accurate job costing because I have to write everything down or go back and forth between jobs and associate the labor and materials to approved job that has the actual total and I just gave up. It should not be this hard. Also for any jobber people reading this PLEASE allow BULK DELETION of JOBS. Its too many clicks into a job, then you have to click back to the top of the job list page to search for the next one. It should be a button on each job in list or the ability to filter and bulk delete.

Response from Jobber Software

Thank you for the review and feedback, Andora! We really appreciate the detail you shared, especially around scheduling out your landscaping jobs.

This kind of context really helps as we build solutions for small businesses. We will be sharing this with our developers but would also love to discuss possible workflow solutions with you!

A member of our Support team will be giving you a call to help and to gather any more feedback you might have. Thank you again!

Clayton
  • Industry: Chemicals

Jobber user since early 2016

Reviewed on 02/07/2023

Jobber is great - Still needs improvement - We will continue to grow with Jobber!

Pros

Jobber is great & I love it. Since day one we have adapted & curtailed our layouts & formats to what Jobber has to offer - It has worked out very well! JOBBER IS GREAT! I strongly recommend Jobber! However, there are some things that I would love to see changed! Question No. 1 - "Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Question No. 2 - Can Jobers improve on the accounting side of things? For example: If a customer of ours has a credit of $200 (on their account) & we send them an invoice for $100.00 ***I would like to see this communicated to the customer better! - In British Columbia, our power company (BC Hydro) has a good format that will advise customers that no payment is required (Due to their credit) ***I wish Jober had stuff like this, I wish the accounting side of things was more diverse.

Cons

"Why can we not use BOLD, ITALIC, UNDERLINE, HIGHLIGHTING, ETC (Format options)?" I have been asking this for yrs!Can Jobers improve on the accounting side of things? For example: If a customer of ours has a credit of $200 (on their account) & we send them an invoice for $100.00 ***I would like to see this communicated to the customer better! - In British Columbia, our power company (BC Hydro) has a good format that will advise customers that no payment is required (Due to their credit) ***I wish Jober had stuff like this, I wish the accounting side of things was more diverse. I HATE IT WHEN JOBBER IS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Clayton! Thanks for leaving us such a detailed review!

We really appreciate the feedback you provided about text formatting and credits, and we will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate teams. We would love to be able to develop features based on all the suggestions provided to us, and we're always happy to take any feedback you have as it does help us better understand where we have room to grow.

We can never make guarantees about updates, but please always feel welcome to share your ideas with us and know that we love to hear them!

Chris

JOBBER HAS IT ALL BUT FALL SHORT ON THE BASICS

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

The basics of what Jobber is built around is route scheduling and can do so much more. The basics of being able to simply organize routes while out in the field (like other apps offer) has been overlooked

Pros

Jobber is a great idea with excellent customer support. The support for this product is through the roof excellent! The overall programming is huge, you can do a ton of stuff with Jobber.

Cons

The Achilles heel is this; jobber is designed to be used as a route manager for administrators and employees. The idea is that an employee can load up his or her daily tasks and go to work. From an employee’s stand point that is easy enough. Click on the first job for the day and they are off . . . . .

First part of the problem we are experiencing with jobber is that if the employee is not within a good service area the photos and service notes for that home will not upload AND WILL NOT be kept in cue until the employee gets into a decent service range. If you have spotty service where your route is this will not work for you. You'll end up going back to paper logs.
FOR AN ADMINISTRATOR - jobber really sets up work nicely for the day, week, and month very nicely BUT has some really important short comings that you should be aware of PRIOR to starting this service..... As an administrator you cannot mass assign or unassign routes to and from employees. You cannot memorize the modifications to a daily route but one click.
JOBBER needs to be able to allow us to set up routes as a whole NOT just individual’s one at a time to create routes. FOR EXAMPLE: we need to be able to go into a master list of clients, click and drag those clients into a “MONDAY A” route and or a “MONDAY B” route and the same for Tuesday and Wednesday etc. etc. . . . . if we want to make changes to a route as a single entity we should be able to do that as opposed to what we have to do now which is change each individual client to be on a different day one at a time for the next 6 months and or 10 years
FOR EXAMPLE, we have three routes per day each route has approximately 20 visits. If an employee calls in sick and we need to reassign 20 visits to another employee we have to do it manually for EACH CLIENT as opposed to just reassigning and entire route to another employee.

WHAT WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL AND CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE FROM JOBBER, would be to adjust routes on the "map" page and have it ask us if we want to memorize the reorganization of that route for all future visits or just that one day. The way that it is limited requires me to go in and manually change EVERY JOB ONE BY ONE to the route organization. This process takes approximately 1 to 2 entire minutes to complete depending on whether or not the visits are reoccurring for the next 6 months or six years . . . . . 1 to 2 minutes times 20 minutes obviously doesn’t work for any administrator at all.....the only way around this is to make the changes daily or weekly which is labor intensive and your will be paying for this each time your employee has to redo the routes.

Joseph

Jobber A Maybe for Business

Reviewed on 24/09/2022

Pros

The software is ok, but has great online support.

Cons

Very poor features, like text communication to clients does NOT go into client communication on the client personal log/file. It is housed in the text platform in jobber. So you have to look into two area to find out all comm. on one client.
Quote from Jobber support:
With the texting service it is through an integration with Twilio, this is part of why it is separated. Were you specifically looking to search for a chat history with a client?
Thank-you for sharing this, it sounds like you would like to be able to have the client communications sent out via text also populated into the communications folder under the client profile (similar to emails), I do apologize this isn't the case at the moment. However I will share this with our product developers to consider for future iterations.
Also if you want to run a simple report like show me all my clients in Az. or Cal. Quote below from Jobber-support.
"The report will show all clients and not just AZ. Unfortunately none of our reports are able to filter by ja specific a state/ area if you service multiple areas. The Excel document would have to be downloaded and filters created in Excel. I can understand how having this available would be important and I can pass this feedback along to our Product Development team."

Response from Jobber Software

Hello Joseph! Thank you for your review and feedback!

Jobber is always updating and evolving, and we appreciate hearing how folks would like it to behave as this helps us understand what matters most to you.

It looks like our Support team has sent your feedback to our development team and hopefully this can be something that is addressed in the future.

Please feel welcome to reach out again if you have any other suggestions or feedback for us. We would love to hear from you!

Adam
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Expensive for minimal features and support

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Jobber is good for someone just starting out due to it's ease of use but if you want to do any MailChimp or resending quotes you better be willing to pay a lot of money. The companies major claim is to help small business but they rob you blind in overly expensive monthly fees and payment processing.

Pros

The layout is the best part. Calendar is easy to read and simple for set-up. Sending quotes is also great as they are easy to read and pre-populating the items

Cons

They are extremely expensive if you want to do anything past the basic functions. They really force you to use the top-tier plan if you want to do anything.

They have the highest credit card fees in the industry and most expensive monthly plan. Jobber costs my business over $1,000 a month and we do about 90% of our transactions through EMT to avoid their crazy fees.

The office isn't open on weekends at all or in the evenings which I find hard to understand when many of their user base would be working during the day on site and no able to access a computer.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi Adam, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you've been having a good experience getting your calendar organized and quotes out with Jobber. We pride ourselves on offering competitively priced plans and payment processing fees, and typically hear that our prices are heavily justified by things like the value of time savings, customer service, and increased cash flow. We'd love to work with you to make sure you're getting the most of Jobber, so please reach out to our Success Team to chat more. We've recently expanded our evening customer service hours to offer support in the evenings and we're always adapting our customer service based on customer needs, so thank you for this feedback!

Madonna
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Customer service is beyond appalling! Features that you pay for just don't work.

Reviewed on 18/02/2018

You can sign up and pay them money without ever speaking to anyone but when you want to cancel they say that you MUST call there office in the US and if you don't and your subscription expires, you have no access to your account. Meanwhile, your clients are still getting appointment emails and the program keeps going along without you able to stop it. Customer service is beyond appalling, you send a request and you get a response after 4-6 days with a question and then you have to wait another 4 -6 days for another one-line email with another question - it is beyond frustrating. Features I am paying for just don't work and it has been 8 weeks now and I am being asked the same questions over and over with no answers.

Pros

Absolutely nothing worth the price they are asking. Super expensive with features that just don't work and they don't seem to care.

Cons

I signed up because of the payroll and employee scheduling capabilities but it turns out that during my first QB sync that this doesn't work. It syncs employees time in at 5 hours earlier so I am having to manually input them every week. Appalling customer service - minimum 4 days to reply to emails (new person each time who asks the SAME questions over and over) its been 7 weeks and they haven't worked it out yet.

Response from Jobber Software

Hi there Madonna,

First off, we would like to apologize for all of the frustration you experienced with our team and the issues happening with time entries not properly syncing over to QuickBooks Online. What happened here is far from our goal at Jobber, which is to help people in small businesses be successful.

We took a look at the history of this issue and it looks like there were some communication issues between our Tier 1 and Tier 3 support team and a breakdown in our normal processes. We know our customers are busy people, so our goal is to provide quick solutions, and the fastest possible turnaround time when issues do occur. What happened with your issue is far from what we see as our standard of customer service, and we're very sorry this was your experience.

In terms of the timesheet syncing errors, our developers are still looking into what went wrong by working with the QuickBooks Online development team. This is an issue we haven't seen before, and we are working hard to understand the root of the problem. The goal of timesheet syncing is to save our customers time and guarantee accuracy, so we absolutely want to make sure this is resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for our team. We've taken note of what happened in all of these areas to prevent issues like this going forward, and again, we're very sorry this was your experience.

Rebecca

Absolutely necessary for any small business in the trades

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

We highly recommend this service program to everyone that we know in the trades. Not only is it a Canadian based company, the customer support has been superior. When shopping around, Jobbers representatives actually listened to our needs & helped us find a program that fit what we would actually use. Other companies were just show boating & just tried to upsell us to their most expensive packages. We really appreciate the care & dedication Jobbers team takes to ensure their customers are well taken care of, & that the program runs as efficiently as possible.

Pros

We love the ease of use, the convenience of all the features & the customer support from their team can’t be beat!

Cons

The only complaint we face would be the lag in some services, however, it’s such a small inconvenience. The pros definitely outweigh that small annoyance.

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Rebecca!

This review was so lovely to read, thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest thoughts about your experience with Jobber so far! Our team is always so excited to learn more about businesses and what might work to make running their business smoother, so it's always so nice to hear that that's contributed to a positive experience.

We'd love to learn more about any sort of lag you're seeing with service too, so please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Support team to chat more about what you're noticing there. We can be reached at 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), [email protected], or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you!

Thanks again!

John

If You Are Serious About Your Business And Family GetJobber!

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

My company an exterior maintenance company where we seal and repair asphalt, interlock, flagstone and concrete. We are the biggest name in our field and with that comes a strong demand for organization. Jobber has allowed us to exceed our productivity goals which increases our customer satisfaction and ultimately our bottom line.

With jobber we are able to create client (and potential client) accounts seamlessly. We have our call center email us an excel sheet of our call log that we have configured specifically for jobber's database import. We can sometimes see up to 100 to 300 calls in a day in our peak season and with this feature we can import all those callers/clients into jobber with the click of a single button. We do this so when the person calls back to book our services their accounts are already in Jobber and all we do is create the orders which takes minutes.

Jobber also creates a daily route for each of our service trucks so all trucks are traveling in the quickly and more time efficient manner. Again, productivity!!!

The day before our client is scheduled for service Jobber automatically emails and texts those clients to remind them they are on schedule and a list of instructions we pre-configure.

In the field, our service reps have jobber on their phones which gives them all the details they need about what the task is they are about to perform. They are able to create notes on the clients "job" and even add photos all of which are instantly available in our office.

After our service agents are finished a job they click "mark complete" and jobber does the rest which includes invoicing our clients and emailing them an invoice and soliciting client feedback etc.

Jobber has allowed me to do the job of 5 people so quickly I am often left with the biggest dilemma Jobber causes.... What golf course can I get an afternoon tee time on a weekday?

Pros

Seamless and productive with small to medium businesses in mind.

Cons

Some minor programming issues. Jobber lacks the ability to "select all" or multiple accounts or service orders at the same time. Being a very high volume company that causes me a lot of grief when I have to close 100 or 200 jobs but have to do it all one by one.

Tonya

Small Business Dispatch Software

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

6/10

6/10

Pros

Easy scheduling, And Client communications

Cons

Invoicing, Products and Service Tabs, Maintenance tracking and Quotes

ServiceTitan

They were awfull

Cost

Response from Jobber Software

Hey Tonya! Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad that you've found scheduling easy with Jobber and would love to learn more about how we can improve in other areas. We love feedback, so please feel free to reach out to our Support team at [email protected], 1-888-721-1115 (ext. 1), or by live chat. It'd be great to hear from you!