GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

GoDaddy Website Builder

4.2 (1,287)
Write a Review!
Website builder, WordPress hosting, and more

(1,287)
4.1/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
4.2/5

1287 Reviews for UK Users

Lisa
Lisa

Want a web page? No time or expertise? Try GoDaddy Website Builder!

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

I have used GoDaddy for twenty years, and I've never been unhappy with any of their offerings. The tech support is so good, it overcomes any possible complaints I've ever had. This product, in particular, takes a huge amount of stress out of my life by making it fast and efficient to provide a website for a customer. I'm actually having problems with the custom website I built for my own company, and I'm thinking of using this again! Why mess with something that works?

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up, enter your original data, change just a little - or a lot!, and maintain. They have great templates and graphics for your use, and some handy features: to do a weekly article, I just copied last week's article, changed a few things, and inserted the text for this week. It's also very reasonably priced.

Cons

As with any "shortcut" software, it was a little difficult to customize. I also had trouble applying a security certificate to the site to get the coveted https at the beginning of the URL. The latter issue was easily solved with the help of their AWESOME tech support, and the former, I expected. If I want to customize it so badly, I've got to use a less "done-for-me" solution - and I'm ok with that!

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

They took too much time and interfered with my regular high-paced consulting business.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

It took less time and had less opportunity for mistakes.
Roldan
Roldan

For simple and straightforward websites, by all means - GoDaddy!

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Not that good! All added to the fact that there are some solid and more cost-effective hosting sites now around the corner. If money of budget is not an issue by all means go with a more sophisticated hosting platform - such as SiteGround, Kinsta or Cloudways - and know the difference. These hosting companies have their own built-in website builder as well. As for myself, the moment I lead our company into changing hosting and website builder (SiteGround) for this matter - we never looked back. We felt the difference. If you are serious about your business, don't settle for anything less (like GoDaddy) - go for the best and industry standard hosting and website builders.

Pros

- It's straightforward. It's like if you are in the neck of time - by all means use GoDaddy website builder. It's a good leverage coupled with your domain and hosting plans.- GoDaddy has a long history of being an online vendor of domains. So, i believe they are mature in this field. - Beginner friendly. If you are not used to an elaborate website editing and a complete beginner - by all means go with GoDaddy.

Cons

- GoDaddy is just expensive, if not not cost effective. If you have ever used this builder as packaged to your hosting and domain then I can say, it is not consumarate .- At hosting level, the hosting is really hard to navigate an set-up. It still use primitive user interface.- Customer support lacks product knowledge. I cringe over this. You'd be far better off Googling the solutions for yourself.- GoDaddy is slow. Don't expect so much for the speed at no cost. They can offer optimization for you at a hefty price.

SiteGround

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

We just wen fed with GoDaddy's slow but complex system. Add to that most incompetent customer support. By the time we switched to SiteGround - we never looked back - complete opposite.

SiteGround

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Nope. We did not choose GoDaddy, we in fact left GoDaddy. As stated, GoDaddy messed up with their service such as hosting and on-boar web development for reasons that they are not a hosting company before - they are domain registry.
Destiny
  • Industry: Design

Not a great solution for customizing your website

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Pros

Streamlined and scaled down for ease of use.

Cons

You have very little control and flexibility in this platform when it comes to customizing your design.

Maria
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

GoDaddy's website builder and design features will elevate your online presence!

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

GoDaddy's Website Builder has exceeded my expectations in terms of ease of use in creating client websites. Whether you're a seasoned web designer or new to designing, GoDaddy empowers you to create a professional-looking website that helps you stand out in the crowded online marketplace.

Pros

In addition to its easy-to-use customizable templates, GoDaddy's Website Builder offers different features to enhance the functionality and appeal of client websites. From built-in SEO tools to mobile optimization for easy viewing on smartphones and tablets, GoDaddy helps your website be visually appealing and user-friendly.

Cons

There was nothing I disliked about GoDaddy.

HostGator
Ashley
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

The Website Builder for Novice and Experts Alike

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

I have always had an excellent experience with this tool as well as the support team behind it.

Pros

I love the ease of use. It is very self explanatory. It offers a lot of great tools for design and for managing businesses.

Cons

It doesn't have as much flexibility with customization as I would like. Especially in relation to theme colors.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Price and ease of use were by far the greatest selling points for our decision to go with GoDaddy on multiple occasions.
Kayla

A simple tool for small business owners

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Overall I love this product and have recommended it to various other small business owners that also used it as their first website!

Pros

GoDaddy was the easiest tool for me to use when I first set up my business and needed a website builder. It's user-friendly, simple, and very inexpensive for the value you get.

Cons

The email marketing integration was complicated for me and I never ended up using it.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was more complicated and I didn't have the expertise to properly use it. It was also more expensive.
Isaac
Isaac
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Affordable Quality

Reviewed on 11/11/2023

Very, very good experience with the product. It distinctly underperforms in a couple areas, but those are not vital for most needs.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive design, lots of content options, very good at representing final product. Good support when needed. Secure from attacks.

Cons

Integrations require technical knowledge, many of them are not put in well and require some hard coding knowledge to deal. The customization options are limited.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Squarespace has a terrible UI when I used it last. They are very good looking, but painful to work the behind the scenes in the design.
Destiny
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The only daddy a website needs

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

Pros

I love how it takes you threw all the steps individually

Cons

Some of the features are not compatible with Mac

Obaid
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The best website builder

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Pros

Godaddy is very easy to use and super convenient. The websites look amazing when done and you can easily add google analytics and other third party apps to monitor traffic. Very convenient.

Cons

everything, very easy to use. You can choose from several templates and make a great website.

Tshepo
Tshepo

GoDaddy Is Great

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Pros

this is an awesome platform worth getting in 2024

Cons

Freezes if data is slow and loses connection

Cheikh
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

GoDaddy easiest and powerful website builder

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Godaddy Website Builder has made it easy for me to work with my clients.

Godaddy Website Builder has made it easy for me to work with my clients.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder has a simple, intuitive and very easy to set up format.

With Godaddy Webside Builder, I create sites for my customers very quickly, as there are usually only a few templates and many options.

For a professional and attractive site, Godaddy Webside Builder is the best.

I love the interface, website and page templates, which is why I recommend Godaddy Webside Builder.

It also offers beautiful, simplified templates and formats.

Also, with GoDaddy's editing interface, you can see your site on the left side of the screen when I edit my pages and sections.

Isn't that impressive?

Cons

Although Godaddy Webside Builder is a good website builder, it sometimes has flaws that need to be addressed.

I suggest multiplying "action buttons" to a section that I find important and that is missing in the interface.

The preview is not really at its best and sometimes changes the site.

Some of the layout features were limited so a beginner will have problems unless you are a good coder.

The download speed is sometimes slow and it's annoying when you're focused.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

The price at ClickFunnels is quite expensive for me.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Older, more popular, and in my opinion more good
Ashley
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

GoDaddy for Non-Profits

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

It has been a positive experience, because even if we encounter challenges, the customer service aspect is great. Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.

Pros

Building the website with a template was quick and not complicated. Most of all, the customer service was very helpful. I did not have to spend any time on hold. I did not experience any communication or language barriers. The people I spoke to were very patient with me, as I do not have a strong background with IT and no experience with building a website.

Cons

The log-in process and determining who is primary on the account has been challenging. In our situation, the person designing the website and working with GoDaddy is different than who paid for the product, and it's still causing some ongoing issues with being able to access rights to modify the site. There is confusion about the primary account holder and those trying to work on the site.

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for switching: cost, issues were unable to be resolved by customer service, and many glitches in the system. Unfortunately with customer service, there were significant language and communication barriers - English was a second language for all of the customer service representatives we worked with. While the representatives were nice, they did not understand our challenges. The wait time to talk with customer service was DAYS to receive an answer or a returned phone call. We were unable to get any help in a timely manner.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

We heard positive things from other small business who use GoDaddy.
Jess
  • Industry: Accounting

Used to create my website

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Fairly good. I get compliments on my website often, but it does not get much traffic and I wonder whether a wordpress alternative may have worked better?

Pros

Easy to use to set up a website quickly. Drag and drop editing and nice simple templates that look good on web and mobile devices.

Cons

The price is a bit high, and I am not sure why, but my website gets very little traffic. This is frustrating after two years. It is difficuly to make edits to the SEO

Ease of use - and I brought my domain on Godaddy

domain
Atama
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best and Easy to use Website Builder.

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

GoDaddy offers a great platform for someone with no experience to build a professional site.

Pros

The software is easy to use and it was simple to intergrate with my current online booking system.

Cons

To have one of GoDaddy tech build you a website was very expensive.

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was complicated to use, and not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

GoDaddy was the easiest to use.
Meagen
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Build Your Business With GoDaddy Today!

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

With GoDaddy Website Builder they have everything you could possibly need and want all in one. From design to domain its amazing and saves you so much more time, hassle, and frustration than other website builders.

Pros

I love GoDaddy design, templates, landing pages, web forms, contracts, and their domain builder. GoDaddy is one of the easiest website builders I've tried and I love it. It goes great with anything you already have set up with your business you can totally add what you have but they also have ideas and stuff to make it easy for you if you don't already have those things set up. I definitely recommend you to try GoDaddy for all your business needs.

Cons

I actually have no cons or negative things about GoDaddy. It has exceeded my expectations overall.

Ethan
Ethan
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 6-12 months

One of the better and most popular consumer web hosting / developing platforms

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

One of the consistent suppliers for more than 5 of my websites over the course of my life and has served me, my industries, my professions and my dreams for countless years. Their pricing, reliability, and capabilities have always helped me establish some of my best work, and due to this many of my favorite moments have come as a result of what I've done with it.

Pros

Personally was one of the first web hosting and development sites I learned about as a youth. Probably back when I was in Highschool I became aware of Godaddy and they always seemed like the go-to to get a .com website which at that time seemed more complex in other places than Godaddy made. The fact that so many people have registered such a diverse variety of domains and extensions allowing for some of the most creative site names I've ever encountered.

Cons

At this time despite being glorious at many of its responsibilities, the only area Godaddy could use more proficiency in is actually upload speed. Most customers and webmasters may not see this as an issue YET, however certain industries may require a much higher upload speed than they are able to provide at this time, however it seems like their offerings will consistently increase over time in capabilities.

TOSHIA
  • Industry: Cosmetics

One of my favorite daddies, GoDaddy that is.

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

I have the best experience with GoDaddy and will recommend this site to anybody, especially new users and seasoned users.

Pros

I love GoDaddy friendly and easy to use format for website building for beginners. You don't need to code at all. It has rethemed formatted websites already ready for you to put your own brand on it.

Cons

I wish there was more of a online knowledge blog that can teach more people that know zip about web siting building how to build a website.

Webador , WordPress and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Honestly I came here because I read like 10 different blogs on which website builders what was the best for new users and I have never made a website before so this is the one that was highly recommended.
  • Used for 6-12 months

URL that daddy!

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

Pros

Godaddy is an app for getting a unique url extension to advertise your name brand, or make awareness for your organization, social cause, etc. I like that you can pick a name and if it is taken you are given alternate suggestions for name usage rather than travelworld.com it may suggest lesiureglobe.com, vacationnations,com or it will suggest an alternative for a url ending other than .com, .org. .net, etc. but it could be travel.world. or world.travel it gives you many alternatives so that if your .com is taken and you do not want to have to think of a new name all together you can consider switching the url to make it be similar to what you wanted. It also does allow you to purchase the most common used words as domains such as medical.directory. It offers many url endings for professionals, different industries at good pricing if you get them on specials they can run .49cent specials, .99 cent specials it just depends on what special you happen to catch them on. They can add a feature of a reminder you have something in your cart, espicially if it picks up someone has searched your specific domain and did not purchase it. They give you discounts on other business tools or services such as Microsoft Office online you get it for half the price verses if you went to the website to purchase the software. You get other tools and services and a website builder as well. It is great for someone just starting off and needing the resources to get off. They also have a neat feature to put all your social media to one location rather than marketing each one. It has many features to explore and always upgrading.

Cons

If you do not purchase at a a la carte price to have your name not listed you will get ANNOYING robot calls to your number, all kind of text messages. The a la carte for this service normally cost more than the domain your buying. The robot numbers seem to ring your line none stop, and switch up the number when you do not answer. The a la carte pricing should be standard cost included in the domain name. Yes, it may be great to get a domain at 0.49 cent but for the new entrepreneur who has to use his phone to start off this is an added inconvience. Even offering a Entrepreneur special for this service to be free the first year would be great.

Julie

I built my own website in 3 hours!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

It was great. At first I talked with someone for a while and explained my needs and she set me up with the right package. Then, a few days later, I realized I wanted an automatic scheduler. I called back to see if that was available and talked with another person who told me I had the wrong package and I needed this other product instead. I was confused , but switched over only to find out it was more retail driven, no blog, and no basic info page showing up in the beginning. I was devastated because I had worked so hard on my site and I lost all of my progress.
I called again and talked to another guy who apologized and said he didn't know why the previous person had me switch. But thankfully, he was able to retrieve my old content and restore my original site free of charge without losing any content .

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I had to have someone help me integrate my shopping platform with godaddy for my online boutique Roadkill Ranch and it was a seamless endeavor. However, I recently became a certified health coach and wanted to get a simple website up. I called godaddy and they walked me through the templates and showed me how easy it was. I was able to build my own site within hours and they were available for support 24/7. I was so proud of myself. Check out www.goodjuju.health

I love the support the most. The staff is so knowledgeable and was able to guide me through some
challenging pages with ease. Now that I've learned the program, it's not challenging at all.

I also loved how they offered a blog feature.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was the online shop. I wanted to add some health products to my basic site, and although I was able to upload merchandise, it limited me on how to organize the shop, that's all. It wasn't really a big deal because my website is more informational anyway.

karl vahur

A User-Friendly Solution for Creating Basic Websites

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Overall, GoDaddy Website Builder is a good choice for users who want a simple and user-friendly platform for creating basic websites. While it may not offer the same level of customization and e-commerce capabilities as some other platforms, it is an affordable and straightforward solution for individuals and small businesses looking to establish an online presence.

Pros

In my experience, GoDaddy Website Builder is a straightforward and user-friendly platform for creating basic websites. One of the major pros of GoDaddy Website Builder is its simplicity. The platform offers a range of templates that can be easily customized using the drag-and-drop editor, and it provides step-by-step instructions and helpful tips throughout the process of building your site.Another pro of GoDaddy Website Builder is its affordability. The platform offers a range of pricing options, including a free plan that allows users to create a basic website and get a feel for the platform before committing to a paid subscription. Additionally, GoDaddy Website Builder integrates with a variety of third-party tools and services, such as Google Analytics and social media platforms, which can help users grow and manage their online presence.

Cons

One issue is that the platform may not offer as much customization as some other website building platforms. While the templates are easy to use and customizable to a certain extent, users who want more advanced design options may need to look elsewhere. Additionally, the platform's e-commerce capabilities are somewhat limited compared to other platforms, so users who want to create a more comprehensive online store may need to consider other options.

Janette
Janette
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Platform for a New Business

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Having a simple website for a small business can go a long way. Keeping it simple and having the ability to grow your website as your business grows is key. GoDaddy's Website Builder met all these features along with having the ability to add different features that would fit your needs as your business starts to take grow. Overall my client(s) and I are satisfied with the platform.

Pros

I was hired to build a website for a small company who specifically requested using GoDaddy. I like the simplicity of creating a website with the template options. You can customize the templates to your liking and add or delete features as your business grows. Also, you have the option to contact someone who may be a little more knowledgeable to help you build the website to suit your needs. I used this platform for a previous client who requested to have his site built on GoDaddy. Needless to say my client was very satisfied and has been using it for over 3 years now.

Cons

When you are working with a small budget, obviously, you want to find a software platform that would suit your or your clients needs. GoDaddy's prices are reasonable, although they do slap on different features that you could include which would drive the cost up to more than what you originally budgeted when you first sign up. As my clients business grew, my client saw the need to add some of the additional features that were offered in the beginning.

Genesis

The game changer website building software

Reviewed on 01/08/2021

GoDaddy website Builder has helped me and my company attain our goal progressively, especially to our newly recruited workers that are average computer users. Average computer users can use GoDaddy to create word document, PowerPoint presentation easily in a professional manner. Our experience over the years show that it's not complicated like other sites. GoDaddy SSL, security, SEO features are the best so far and have other integration like PayPal and a feature to book appointments or classes in it.

Pros

GoDaddy website builder software is easy to use and inexpensive compare to other sites. It works Wonder when editing interface and the ability to see the site you're working on at the right side of your screen and then have your original site on the left side of the screen. The drag and drop features of GoDaddy software provide users with the best solution to start making your own website without having coding knowledge in the first place.

Cons

Sometimes I find it difficult to have full control of the presentation on mobile devices. There's also no much font options for users to compare. And finally, many of the layout features were limited for beginners unless you know how to code.

Kira
  • Industry: Automotive

Good for beginners, not suitable for more advanced needs.

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

The products and services we offer are wanted all throughout the U.S. We want to tap into this demand and increase our revenue and network. Godaddy helped with the start of this process but we outgrew their capacity.
I would recommend it to a company with basic needs or who's just starting out, but not to companies with advanced needs.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and does not require a lot of time or tech background. For the first few months/year it is inexpensive. Again I like the shopping cart and inventory tracking features. This is a great option for beginners with basic website/e-commerce needs. I like the ability to converse with other godaddy users for tips and advice as well.

Cons

The customization aspect, which is absolutely critical for some companies, is not good in godaddy w.s.b. This is one reason I switched over to another product. Once you become more experienced and want to edit html or css code in the themes, it's disappointing to learn that you don't have access to do that.
Godaddy also does a "bait and switch" offering low prices but then significantly raising them once an alloted time frame has passed. You're left having to give up the progress you made with e-commerce and online accessibility, or having to pay a premium price. I felt deceived and lost trust with godaddy. I would rather a company be upfront and transparent with pricing. The customer service is not great either. If you need specific help it's hard to connect with a human.

Dawn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

I absolutely love GO DADDY (Email/Domain Purposes)

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

It has brought the company together communication wise and keeps everything in detailed order.

Pros

I love the ease of sending and receiving emails. I love how you can add employees to have a new email under the domain. The process is super easy. There is also a calendar function where you can add birthdays and important meeting dates, etc and it will not only remind you of these dates, but you can share the calendar with other employees so that everyone can see what is to come. I also love how you can change your preferences like your signature and the color of your display bar. You also can make as many folders as you want for storage of certain emails. My favorite is the greetings email. You can send an email with a border around it with different titles as in birthdays, meetings, anniversaries, death in the family and when you send out those emails it will be a picture attached or a live video pertaining to what you are sending. Pretty cool!

Cons

There is NOTHING I do not like about GoDaddy Website Builder.

christophere
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Dont be scared this is user friendly and easy enough you'll look likea professional

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

My overall experience with Go daddy website builder was pleasant. When your are a designer on a budget and cant afford word press this is a very capable and viable option.

Pros

The site customization options are very detailed and would easily rival that of other popular programs like word press. The plug ins and input abilities are vast and seeing as how it is very cut and paste and plug and play you can bring any attribute of a professionally made site into play and with the go daddy website builder that even the most computer illiterate person can make a beautiful well balanced and smooth web site in a reasonable amount of time and this can cut your overhead down from not having to pay to build and implement any attribute to your site

Cons

I would have to say I have a hard time finding something I dislike about said builder. It covers all corners of the building processes. The only issue I had is i wish there were more options in the packages you can buy or at least an option to pick your extras more in said package deals.