Grasshopper Reviews

Maricela
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Service!

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Pros

Love that I can customize the greeting as seasons change. I automatically receive notification to my email with caller detail and voice message so I can review and reply as needed. Great to keep up with messages when you can't immediately pick up the phone!

Cons

I don't have any cons so far and we've used the service since 2015! We are a small company, it works for what we need it to.

Shawn
Shawn

Great value for the money!

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

I have been using Grasshopper for a while now. I got the service for my business for the price and convenience. I have the mobile app and make and receive all calls on my cell phone. I use it to receive faxes from wholesalers and customers. It has worked great for me the entire time I have been using it.

Pros

I loved that everything was virtual. I can make and receive calls right from my cell phone. I like that they offer toll free vanity numbers. I can receive faxes on the same number which is great and there are 3 extensions. I also like the price.

Cons

I really don’t have many dislikes. The main thing I don’t like is that you can’t send faxes. You also cannot transfer calls to a different extension on outbound calls.

Poor App Quality lead to outgrowing the product, wasn't able to successfully port out my...

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Between Nov 20th 2022 and Feb 1st 2023 I have been trying to port out our phone numbers from Grasshopper (per their instructions) to the new carrier but had to abandon one of our numbers because after over 2 months there has been no forward movement. Support on top of being unhelpful referred me to their underlying carrier Bandwidth.com who flatout rejected (as they should) my inquiry since we are not a direct customer of theirs (Grasshopper is)

Pros

It was cheap, like really really low cost compared to competitors

Cons

Desktop and Mobile apps were unreliable leading to people to internally to use call forwarding, call forwarding adds extra delay and negatively affects call quality. There's no CRM integrations. Support is useless, references to a support portal (to see current/past inquires) is referenced but no long available to account holders. Security is lax (all I need is a 4 digit PIN to make any changes to the account)

Aircall

Reasons for Switching to Grasshopper

I switched from Grasshopper to AirCall, they provide a fantastic feature rich product with very deep CRM integrations and helpful support staff. Quite literally I am only writing this review because I had such a poor experience with Grasshopper in the last few years (and especially since deciding to switch carriers). I do not recommend Grasshopper, even if the price is right, right now. If you out grow them, be warned, you may lose your phone numbers.
David
David

Grasshopper has made it simple for me to run my business via phone no matter where i am

The software easily allows me to work remotely around the world

The software easily allows me to work remotely around the world

Pros

Grasshopper software is simple to use and as I travel international customers can always get a hold of me

Cons

Grasshopper has many great features, except you can receive but not send faxes. This would be helpful in the business sector since some people want to receive faxes and not just email or voice.

Robin
Robin

Grasshopper is everything I was looking for to manage my incoming phone calls. Love it!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Ease and flexibility are what attracted me to Grasshopper, the fact it is a great value for the money is just a bonus.

Pros

Grasshopper is very easy to use, there was no need to attend any training sessions that would take away time I don't have to lose. The fact I was able to set up everything myself in a very short amount of time was crucial to my decision; Grasshopper did not let me down. Additionally, the flexibility of the system makes it that much more appealing.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I dislike about the Grasshopper system. It gives me everything I was looking for in a virtual phone system to handle my incoming calls and messages.

Mario
Mario

Stay away. There are much better products out there.

Reviewed on 09/04/2022

A huge disappointment all around. The only good parts are the text auto-reply, and that you can have multiple people access the texts on lines they are allowed access to. The worst part for us is that when we ported some numbers to another provider we lost access to all of our records (text messages, call logs and voice mails) associated with those numbers.

Pros

Simplicity. No needing for additional equipment.

Cons

Poor call quality. Wi-fi calling is awful. They claim that they do not alter the caller id, yet the same calls coming in on the mobile device show the caller's name (when published), but when routed through grasshopper you only see the name with very few exceptions.

John
John

No other system compares

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

Very cost effective, great features including mobile app, sound quality quality, and customer support

Cons

The British voice option needs a better accent. It would also be nice if there were more integrations with CRMs like Salesforce or HubSpot.

Response from GoTo

Thank for the review and for being a longtime customer of ours John!

Rob
Rob
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Phone System for Small Business

Reviewed on 06/01/2016

We're a small business and don't want to break the bank. When we shopped around, we found Grasshopper. There is a base cost plus a number of minutes per month you're allotted. Any additional minutes are billed at a set and reasonable rate. We love using it because we can customize the welcome message, create a phone tree, and add people as we grow. We automatically get copies of every voicemail left emailed to our inbox. There are literally more features than you need as a small business. Honestly, the best bang for your buck, hands down.

Pros

Ease of use (back of the house), Ease of setup, Best Value, See who's calling if logged in at time of call.

Cons

Not much. I haven't encountered a problem that either wasn't fixed immediately or that made any difference to how we do business.

Response from GoTo

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We're happy we can help you run your business more smoothly and grow with you. We look forward to working with you for years to come!

- Mary
Community Manager, Grasshopper

DENISE
DENISE

This service makes it so easy to not only take calls, but to get texts.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

I am able to run a text based wellness program for my clients, and the information does not come in via my personal phone line. It enables me to run that program from anywhere!

Pros

It's mobility. I can access it from my phone, laptop, anywhere. I love that I can receive texts and voicemails for my company and keep it all separate from my personal cell phone line.

Cons

The texting feature needs a major overhaul. There is no way to delete texts that are put into the "Done" category and very often incoming texts will automatically dump into the "Done" category before I can read them and move them myself.

Julio
Julio
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Its been a great addition to my business

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Being able to manage calls, texts and faxes without having to give out my personal cell phone number.

Cons

The add-ons can get a little pricey. They offer a second number for less than the cost of the text service. Overall it is a great service though.

• Industry: Law Practice

Terrible service, run far far away!

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Terrible. I wish I had not signed up. Unfortunatley I was conned into picking the year subscription, so big loss of $$. If you really want to try for yourself, DO NOT pick the year subscription. Only throw your money away for a month or 2.

Pros

Only pro is it was fairly quick and easy to get started. Phone calls work okay.

Cons

TERRIBLE customer service. The online settings interface is horribly non-intuitive. Doing something that should be really simple, like setting an away greeting while you are on vacation, cannot be done by yourself. After trying every possible configuration online, you have to contact support. But they make it impossible to find the number to contact support. Then when you do finally find the number, you're transferred or disconnected multiple times. End result is you'll spend an hour or more trying to change something that should take 2-3 minutes.

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Grasshopper

Grasshopper was the cheapest option I think. Big mistake. You get what you pay for.
  • Industry: Music

Grasshopper is perfect for home, on the go and remote work businesses

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

As mentioned above, Grasshopper allows me to have the functionality of a full-fledged office phone system using only my cell phone. It was incredibly easy to get started, to set up and to add users later on. Every voicemail is available to listen to in the app itself, or, more conveniently, is emailed directly to me. One great feature Grasshopper offers is receiving faxes. You can use your same phone number with Grasshopper to receive faxes. Any fax that is sent to your number gets emailed to you. Even though faxing is not as common these days, people still use it. Not needing to have a separate fax number is great!

Pros

I love the fact that I can have a business phone number, with extensions, departments, transferring, voice mail and fax and it all goes straight to my cell phone (or my employees' phones who work remotely). It means that no matter where I am, I can take a call as if I were right in my office and the caller needn't know the difference.

Cons

I know this is going to sound silly, but since it's so easy to get set up and then it just works, the thing that I like least is when I do need to log back into my account to do something, it's usually been so long since I've visited the site that I need to reorient myself with the website and platform. It doesn't take long to figure my way around but rarely having to log in all the time definitely means that I need a little more time when I do log in.

Best small operations phone solution!

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.

A cost-effective phone system solution for our rag-tag team of entrepreneurs.

Pros

Grasshopper is so simple to set up and use. I love the phone and desktop (new & amazing) apps. It's so easy to support multiple products/programs through this system and always know how to answer the call, great features, and awesome customer service staff. We've been using this for almost three years now and we still love it. Not having to be tethered to a desk is great, and having a professional-seeming phone system to increase your credibility at the same time is even better!

Cons

International calling is a bit of a headache and cost, but then again, where isn't it? The browser interface leaves much to be desired, especially if your setup requires the advanced features on the old interface only. The playback of uploaded recordings in the browser version, and recording via the browser options rarely, if ever, work. Uploading only works with MP3, and the quality is always degraded and somewhat difficult to understand.

Why Invest in PBX Hardware?

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

We've used Grasshopper for years and dollar for dollar it has been a great investment.

Pros

Our company made the move away from a PBX VOIP system years ago opting instead for employee cell phones and Grasshopper. It is much more flexible and economical.

The administration interface is easy to work with. Each user can have their own extension and there is a directory that works by the spelling of the user's last name. You can also set up a roll sequence for incoming calls.

Cons

It is really not the product's fault but you have to teach your users about the way voicemail is handled when using a virtual PBX. Messages coming in via the PBX number and extension are routed through Grasshopper while messages coming from a direct call a handled by the cell carrier.

Katie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Grasshopper is used in our agency for 24 hour on-call purposes as well as a hub for incoming...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

As the office manager, the software was able to take the place of giving staff cell phones to use for On-cal purposes and eliminated the need to give out staff phone numbers to people that may abuse the availability of our staff members.

Pros

I like that voicemails are emailed to users and that they can be listened to from the email. I also like the ease in changing phone numbers that are associated with Extensions as our On-call worker rotates every few weeks.

Cons

Since we use the software for 24 hour emergency on-call situations, it it imperative that the system doesn't have outages. We have had a few experiences where the calls were not getting to the extension phone number and simply going to voicemail or showing up as missed calls, when the phone never actually rang.

Charles
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

This has been a game changer for my business

Freedom, flexibility, accessibility.

Freedom, flexibility, accessibility.

Pros

I appreciate the flexibility this service gives me in being able to have a professional phone service through the cloud which means it is anywhere I am. I like the freedom of always having my phone service readily accessible. I'm able to have staff respond to client's needs throughout the day which frees me to work with clients who are in the office. Being able to schedule which staff will be responsible for taking calls has also created greater efficiencies within our office.

Cons

The only real area I would like to see improved would be for the caller id to push through rather than the indication of my office phone number when someone calls in.

Jodi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great for small business

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

It is great for a small business, but I have a feeling we will outgrow it soon. I do like the capability to text clients. It has served its purpose to get our spa up and running.

Pros

I love the texting capability we have to contact our clients. It is easy to forward when out of the office and easy to recall messages from clients.

Cons

I wish there were a way to block texts when our our spa is closed. I will get text from clients at all hours of the night. I wish there was a place to forward texts to when we receive them in our off hours. I feel the customer service is not great. I rarely call to get help with something and when I have the issue was never resolved.

Kathy

Positive switch over, love the pricing, good value and wonderful experience overall

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Lowering my phone bill is the first, having my calls follow me wherever I go is a definite plus.

Pros

Ease of use - once all settings are complete, you can have your office at your fingertips at all hours of the day. Professional way to conduct business while on the go. No complaints about the service and receiving phone calls. Seamless transition.

Cons

Sometimes the app on iPhone will not update properly and has to be deleted and redownloaded to pick up voice mails.

Response from GoTo

Glad to hear Grasshopper has been so helpful to you and your business! We're always working on improving our apps so hopefully you're no longer having an issue with the app updating. If you are, please let our support team know!

Steve

Scalable

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Connectivity and being able to granularly get our customers to the exact person they need to speak with.

Pros

We've been able to scale up with the addition of our new employees and locations. Grasshopper makes it super easy to expand and keep everyone connected and reachable by our customers.

Cons

We are not able to forward to Google numbers. This hasn't really been too big of an issue but we do publish the Google number as our local number. It would be great to forward to this number.

Response from GoTo

Hi Steve - thanks for the review! You should be able to forward your number to a Google number. If you need some help setting this up, our support team can help.

Works okay, but is sometimes unstable and unpredictable.

Reviewed on 20/05/2018

I have gotten new customers who prefer using a toll free number to contact us. It also helps add credibility to my business.

Pros

I like having a separate number that is toll free. It is relatively simple to use and has a lot of options that help my business.

Cons

I answer the ring and get disconnected. When I make call using the app, i get disconnected in the middle of a conversation. When the phone rings, I sometimes get a different type of ring and then app does not work.

Response from GoTo

Hi there! Sorry to hear about the trouble with getting disconnected. Have you reached out to our support team about this? We can investigate this further to see what is going on.

Tabitha
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Grasshopper - Great Service For Your Company

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Our employees travel a ton so this app helps keep us all on the same page.

Our employees travel a ton so this app helps keep us all on the same page.

Pros

I appreciate the sound of the gentleman's voice for the recording (it doesn't sound like a robot). It makes us feel like our customers won't be put off when we can't answer.

Cons

I love that the app now sends texts to the caller, but I would like for the text back option to be included in the price.

Aj

VIOP Business Phone Review

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Overall our experience has been good. Customer service is quick and helpful.

Overall our experience has been good. Customer service is quick and helpful.

Pros

This not our first time using VOIP for our business line but Grasshopper overs a fair, competitive rate and one of the best Apps to complement the features of the software. It is very stable and unlike some other software, it has all the working features of the desktop version.

Cons

Our major problem has been that twice we have had our phone number mistaken for another company. Two times, two different companies about a year apart.

Patricia
  • Industry: Design

Grasshopper - Efficient Business Phone System

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

I am very happy with this software because is very friendly and the customer support is always ready to help and solve any issue you can experience. Even though they drive you to the process.

Pros

It is easy to use, customer service is helpful, has a lot of options to set up eg. business hours, vacations, etc.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind. I am very happy with this software.

Catherine

Professional and affordable phone system for small businesses

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Pros

It allows us to have a toll-free number and individual extensions for our team members who are located throughout the country. We have access to an easy-to-use app so that we never miss calls and never have to wait to be in front of the computer to return calls from the company phone #.

Cons

None that I can think of it. This system is rather efficient and doing everything we need as a small business.

Charlena

It has been amazingly easy to get started and to maintain.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it's just that "software". No equipment to move or maintain or obtain. Although, we sound like we have a major desk phone with a bunch of buttons at our finger tips. Since everyone in the company works from home, It gives the client the reassurance that we are serious professionals.

Cons

I would like to see more options on the app like the ability to turn on and off an extension within the app.