Deputy

Glenda
Glenda

Excellent & Easy to Use Time Management System

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Our experience with Deputy right from the very beginning has been nothing but fantastic. If you have any questions, they are answered, if you need help you can get it & it is also very cost effective.
We employ about 30 people & work in the Construction Industry. Due to the fact that there are many varied competencies involved in the type of works we do and there is also a number of different locations on any given day, rostering our staff used to be an absolute headache. Since implementing Deputy we have found this task to be completely trouble free. When we add our Employees to Deputy we input all of their relevant "Training" which includes competencies & site inductions which assists us tremendously when choosing who we can roster to the many different daily tasks we undertake. Our industry also requires that hours of work is reported of which is another feature Deputy is of tremendous value for. Not to mention the ease of actually paying our Employees each week via the connection with Xero.

Pros

The most helpful feature for us is the "Training" which allows us to know which of our Employees are qualified to undertake different tasks. It is also extremely handy when it comes to paying our wages - no more time sheets !! Once the Employees times have been approved which we try to do on a daily basis, it is just a matter of pushing the button & our payroll in Xero is ready to go. Also the "Scheduling" is wonderful & extremely easy to use.

Cons

The Android app doesn't provide as many features as the IPhone app.

Kristin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Agritainment / Seasonal Use

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

Pros

Ease of communication with employees, flexibility of the program, schedule execution and viewing, timeclock ease of use.

Cons

Some limitations of features. We like the employee review at the end of each day, but you cannot view or sort who left the review, so there is some value lacking there. We also are lacking an HR management option with our program.

Natalie
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

No bad until you try to leave

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

I have rarely ever left a negative review in my life but after my recent experience I feel it's almost a responsibility. I closed my business in July. Not having a need for timekeeping I cancelled an account. I deleted all staff and shifts and unsubscribed from this service. I did so before the close of the billing cycle. Since this is a payment in advance service I should have been left with nothing outstanding. I've had demand after demand. I went back into the account to inquire as to why I'm still receiving demands to find that the account was not closed, I was not unsubscribed and although all staff profiles had been deleted i was still listed as having 5 staff. I updated my contact information, emailed Deputy stating that I had unsubscribed using the instructions in the help files and heard nothing more. Then the demands started again. The worst however was having to deal with their customer service rep on live chat who'd leave me sitting on live chat for 5-7 minutes at a time only to come back and claim he was leaving me hang there on purpose so "I'd calm down" He seemed to take particular exception to me insisting on a chat transcript. Given that I'm so furious with this company and how it allows its reps to treat customers, customer service rep's strategy didn't work. I got my chat transcript in the end but only by copying and pasting the entire thing myself. He wasn't too keen on his replies being included in the chat transcript. Utterly disgusting.

Pros

It's cheap. It's not an expensive service but the old adage you get what you pay for applies here.

Cons

Customer service is deplorable. I've never in my lifetime of dealing with various services, apps, etc ever dealt with a customer service rep as badly trained and as unprofessional as I have seen at Deputy.

Response from Deputy

Hi Natalie. We really value your feedback and will share this information with our team. Thank you for your honesty and we look forward to working with you in the future to improve your Deputy experience!

Lee

Bringing law and order to your employee attendance.

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Pros

Really simple interface, which allowed majority of colleagues to learn the system without too much onboarding. The mobile app allowed easy clocking in/out.

Cons

Whilst the mobile app was good, the it did occasionally have a delay in reading GPS information which caused issues with reporting, as it showed employees clocking in, in incorrect locations.

Jillian
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Overall, I love the platform and their app. Way better than most I have tried.

Pros

The ease of use for both myself and my staff.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out different pay areas. No way to track staff during on-call situations, so we had to figure out a work around

Acuity Scheduling and Square Payroll

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Better ease of use and functionality for what we needed.
Davide
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great product!

Reviewed on 27/05/2023

Pros

I liked I could easily personalise the calendar and let it appear as I wanted and I could easily edit it by my phone

Cons

That it doesn't remember employee's hours, so we always need to correct the hours from the ones we have registered

Cesia
  • Industry: Online Media

Review for Deputy, by Plei

its being great, 10/10

its being great, 10/10

Pros

I like that its easy to understand, its better than other tracking sites

Cons

theres 1 thing i can do on my phone but i can't do on my pc, that is selecting the specific days and times i want to copy for the following week

rachael
rachael
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Since implementing deputy towards the end of 2015 in our business, I have worked closely with Jake and Joseph on making the system work with ease and ensure we are using the system to its potential.
Our business has a high turnover of transient employees who work varied hours and days of work which makes it hard for our managers to roster efficiently.
The team at Deputy have worked with us to add custom features which can help with our daily struggles in turn saving us time and money by being able to roster effectively and ensure we are being compliant at each step.
As the Payroll officer for our Australian and New Zealand region, Deputy have allowed me to streamline the fortnightly payroll process. Removed the need for any manual inputting, in turn ensuring we have time for quality checks, within our limited time constraints on payroll day.
We are a fast paced business and this system works extremely well for our managers creating and publishing the rosters, as well as confirming timesheets.

Pros

Worked closely with our team to add additional features required
Fast response time
Realistic time-frames
Great problem solving skills, and solutions
Helps with rostering efficiently,
Forecast of costs,
Ensures Compliance
Reporting functions
Payroll inputting has reduced from 1.5 days to 1Hrs due to new seamless payroll integration
New upgrade of system is more user friendly and responsive

Cons

More updates on system features/upgrades to come
More training for Support staff on system set up
Doesn't do 'Modern award' interpretation. Although we have now got the system to interpret the Award this was a lot of custom features we worked with the Development team on.

Wende
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Company use of Deputy

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

It has been positive.
I am able to search history on specific employees which is beneficial in...

It has been positive.
I am able to search history on specific employees which is beneficial in reviews.

Pros

I recently had a problem and deputy staff assisted until the problem was solved.

Cons

I felt the problem should have been easier to solve.
Additionally, I am on an annual plan and don’t think opening an archived employee to review history should could as an additional user for that month.

Yuri

A very good product!

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Pros

I like the way you can switch between week, two weeks and a month in the schedule, also the way you request leaves and absence in general, it's very easy to work with the software. Also the location log in tracking is a great feature.

Cons

I have not found anything the bothers me in the software so far.

Wolf
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Deputy Limitations on amount of location being used. Not exporting payroll timesheet to ADP ...

Could be better

Could be better

Pros

Keep track of time of employees, build schedule.

Cons

Help is not providing answers on problems like it was 2 years ago. Live chat is gone or specialist are not helping in all subjects

Grace
  • Industry: Events Services

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Probably one of the best scheduling/staffing apps out there organizing my company's staffing, scheduling and payroll.

Pros

The scheduling features, clocking in and out (especially with location services), communication with team capabilities, and overall polished interface are so well thought out and done. I researched several different software and apps, but this one really checked a lot of boxes for our small business. We have a core staff and many seasonal staff, so having a versatile staffing and scheduling app was very important. I love that I can copy weekly schedules, easily change staffing whenever I need to, communicate with the team about changes right through the app, and write notes about each shift with additional information. When it's time for payroll, the approval and tallying of hours is so quick and easy.

Cons

So far it is an indispensable part of my business. I (and my staff) absolutely love it. The only issue I still have with the app is its inability to have several different pay rates for each person. Our company offers several different "jobs" that people can claim, but each job has its specific pay rate. When it comes to payroll, it would be nice to be able to select which payrate that employee is being paid for each shift/or position. Once this is in place, then I will be able to benefit from the budget and exporting features of the app. Right now, I cannot, but I understand this may be a special set-up.

Kevin
Kevin

The team at QB Gelato is very pleased with Deputy. It is easy to use and the team members love...

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Pros

As QB Gelato continues to grow we are finding the tools within Deputy to be extremely valuable. For example, we have set up our 'Opening, Closing & Daily Checklists' in Deputy under tasks which allows us to run our business as paperless as possible. In addition, it gives Management the ability to check-in and see if tasks are being completed when not at the shop. Being able to communicate updates to the team members and request a confirmation that they have read the communication is brilliant. I look forward to putting the scheduling module to the test this summer as we are adding on a mobile truck to our business. I have no doubt Deputy will exceed any scheduling requirements. My final comment has to do with processing payroll and the integration between Deputy and our payroll system. Having this integration feature is such a time saver. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to run payroll as the hours from Deputy import seamlessly into our payroll system. We are extremely pleased with Deputy and highly recommend this software application for scheduling. A final note... support is excellent!

Cons

At the present time there is nothing we dislike about Deputy. The support team is always there to guide you through issues.

Natalie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Accessible and Easy Use

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

I can be on the go and document what I am doing and show that I am on location if needed. It helps me keep track of what clients I met when, and is especially helpful when writing reports and dates are needed.

Pros

I liked that my coworker who was blind could easily navigate the app using her iphone and text-to-speech. I also like that I can look back at dates and see I did that day, as well as my hours total count for the week. The hours total count is a change that I requested to the app and the updated showed in a reasonable amount of time. The design is easy to use with the iphone app, and I like that the categories can be designed to fit your business tasks for streamlined documentation of how much time is spent doing a certain task. Also, you can put notes to detail what you were doing during that time period which is crucial for staff that are changing tasks all day.

Cons

Sometimes the app will glitch when putting in an end time and after changing the end time from the current time it will default several times back to the current time instead of the end time you want.

Pauline
  • Industry: Human Resources

Deputy Review

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

Pros

The ease of scheduling and communicating with employees

Cons

Would like to be able to sort by last name, if need to print time cards can't sort by last name either.

Jagadeesan
  • Industry: Restaurants

Would recommend

Reviewed on 19/05/2023

Good

Good

Pros

Ease of use and excellent scheduling and timeclock function

Cons

Extra cost for onboarding employees on top of license fee

Planday

Reasons for Switching to Deputy

Lara
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Couldn't survive without Deputy

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

As a company that provides rapid response (24/7) labour hire to Mines & Industrial clients, it is essential that we can advise staff of their shifts quickly & accurately. We can have up to 3 roster changes per day (for 22 staff) and are currently saving up to 11hrs per week in admin time just by adopting the rostering & timesheet features of Deputy. Couldn't survive without this program!

Pros

Easy to set-up with no costly IT service visits. Being a free app removes any hesitation by staff to adopt this software. Can immediately advise staff of last minute shift changes and they can advise of their availability to HR (preventing any clashes)

Cons

Don't seem to be able to approve timesheets from HR mobile phone app anymore.

John
John
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A+ Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Saves me time and hassle. Employees know how to use it quickly with little/no training.

Pros

Inexpensive, feature rich, and easy for me to export timesheets to our payroll provider, Gusto. It was easy to add our existing employees when we made the switch. Employees have no complaints using it for time off requests, unavailability or integrating with their calendar so they know when they're scheduled.

Cons

The manager side of the mobile app is lacking full access to make it easy to approve time off requests. Depending how I pull up the request from my phone sometimes it also shows the date as Christmas Eve from years in the past (like 2015). Hasn't been a big enough pain for me personally to be mad enough to contact them, though I should so they can tell me I'm dumb and using it wrong or fix it.

Raquel
  • Industry: Veterinary

Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Can be slow at times and glitchy. Overall good and easy to use when working properly.

Pros

Easy to search for shift by employee, Easy to make templates and load templates.

Cons

Cannot filter locations, can be slow to load, Supervisor notifications go to the wrong person.

Amy

Couldn't be without it

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Deputy has been a huge asset for our company and has easied staff scheduling dramatically.

Pros

Staff scheduling is by far the hardest job in the company but deputy makes it a lot easier. The ability to copy weekly shifts, add and remove staff easily is great. Staff find it very easy to use, even those that aren't tech savvy.

Cons

There is no ability to set staff as sick from your mobile device. This is really frustrating when you are on-call and out and about.

Dale

The product messed up or payroll month after month

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Horrible company! Their software cause issue after issue with our payroll. Employees getting paid the wrong amount. We never experience this with our previous provider. Alerted Deputy of the issue and requested a refund for the last month. They declined. The software was horrible and so was the customer service experience.

Pros

Reasonably price. It seemed easy to use.

Cons

The product messed up our payroll month after month. Need I say more?

Homebase

Homebase
Vlad
  • Industry: Hospitality

Pretty good for a small business

Reviewed on 19/04/2017

I quite enjoy using this program and it has great features and flexibility that I need. The updates and the information sent to employees is quick and accurate. However I'm running the food trucks operation and some features cannot be customised, such as particular locations for every day events. But that's just a minor thing. Definitely worth using it.

Pros

Easy to use for a normal business operation. Very straightforward and clear.

Cons

The location notification doesnt work very well - when I sign in Deputy at the front door of the restaurant, it says I'm 500m away. Or when I have more than 10 events a week at various locations, the locations cannot be set independently. Also, it gets very messy to allocate 30 shifts to 10 different people at 5 locations.

Response from Deputy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Vlad! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling.

- Team Deputy

Albert
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The HR Software every Business Needs

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

The overall experience has been very positive to our business. This software has exceeded our expectations and we are happy that we chose Deputy. Its cost is also very reasonable.

Pros

As a business, we decided to implement Deputy software because we were finding it difficult to keep a track of time and attendance of employees. This problem started to be faced as we started growing and hence more employees started to be employed. Deputy has surely met our expectations with its extensive range of features we are now able to keep a proper track of all employees attendance as well as distributing tasks to them.

Cons

Apart from the fact that it may take a few time to get comfortable to using the software, we did not face any issues.

sicilia
  • Industry: Environmental Services

We use Deputy for employee scheduling

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

As the primary user, I don't enjoy using Deputy, but it does the job that we need it to do.

Pros

It is necessary for us to have a scheduling software that has a mobile app with location services. Deputy does the job.

Cons

In the past 2 years Deputy has gone through a few updates where they changed the location of certain functions and did not have a tutorial on where to find the moved functions. Additionally, some of our employees work overtime and Deputy will not add them to the schedule if they have more than 40 hours.

Luv

Makes rosters a walk in the park

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Deputy makes scheduling very easy. I started using Deputy over 12 months ago and I cannot imagine being without it. Checking, updating or even scheduling can be done via a smart phone or tablet. I have started using Deputy at all the 3 southern states that I manage with the same ease. Staff love it as well as new, changes or updates are published and sent to their smart phones instantly.

I also love that I can contact deputy via the app or web app to raise a issue or ask for assistance. Also new feature requests can be made and where possible it will get implemented. Deputy have implemented features that keep improving the product.

Keep up the great work.

Pros

Cloud solution which means I don't to have any special servers to support it in house

Cons

N/A

Response from Deputy

Thanks for your awesome feedback Luv! We love hearing success stories like yours! Never hesitate to reach out to our team for help in the future and happy scheduling.

- Team Deputy