Microsoft SharePoint Reviews

Oscar
Oscar

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

We have done quite well with the tool.
Little by little we have been using more and more functions.
...

We have done quite well with the tool.
Little by little we have been using more and more functions.
It has helped a lot with the backups and the rotation of personnel that are in the organization.

Pros

We managed to unify in a single platform the management of business documents.
It also gives us a good amount of space, 1TB in total, independent of storage per user.

Cons

Collaboration with third parties still seems a bit complicated to me, we have had some problems with the access of external collaborators and we have to be aware of the permissions.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

It was a combination of factors, including the amount of storage and the combined costs. For example, it was more convenient for us to migrate to Microsoft since it included Office 365 licenses and mail with greater capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

As I mentioned before, it all comes down to capacity and cost. It is important to management to be able to get more for less, at least when we combine all the capabilities of both products together.
Dale
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

MS SharePoint experience

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Pros

I am not the most technologically savvy individual, but I find SP easy to navigate. I can find what I'm looking for in seconds!

Cons

I can't think of anything negative about it. We have a ton of information on our site and sometimes I have to think of a different name for something in order to find it in the Search.

Connie
  • Industry: Government Administration

Works well for the right environment

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

I know some larger companies rely heavily on Sharepoint, but they can afford to have high-level IT programmers and developers to manage a Sharepoint farm. Our migration from 2007-2010 cost us 5 years ago and in spite of getting some hands-on guidance to redesign some of the data entry forms/types to suit our needs, I wasn't able to pick this application up and run with it like I can with others. Infopath was supposed to help w/the forms, but then I saw MS was dropping it in more recent editions. We got Sharepoint as part of our O365 upgrade, but in trying to set it up as just a collaboration repository/staff intranet site, I realized I was going to have to make a significant investment of time and found support from our O365 provider and our IT managed services provider VERY lacking. We already moved on to another application for managing work orders and projects, so I think there's a much simpler "Intranet" tool out there that will be much easier, cost-effective, and flexible for us to manage for the limited needs we have for it now.

Pros

Part of the Office platform and integrates with other MS apps. Offers somewhat simple setup to build a collaborative space.

Cons

Requires a specialized and expensive vendor to truly manage and ensure security of the environment. We used it for work orders between departments, but alerting was not ideal -- duplicate alerts triggered by setting alerts to fire under different circumstances. We've used SP since about 2007 and I've built lists and integrated it with a database and a couple of 3rd party applications built to work with it. I'm pretty much self-taught in all network and user applications (Windows server/AD, Exchange, and MS power user), but I struggled with trying to set up custom forms and found some of the lists inflexible. For example, my HR "portal" had to be set up as separate lists based on what Sharepoint would allow -- one that allowed me to upload documents, another to manage URL/links to external sites.

David
David

Simple, effective, but ensure you understand other elements of 365 first

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Very simple to use and configure, there is little you can get wrong. But lesser tech minded people will use it incorrectly which can cause a lot of issues.

Pros

Lots of controls, clean layout, native integration with others Windows products makes everything very streamlined.

Cons

Other elements of 365 (e.g. 365 groups, Intune & Entra) will affect things like permissions etc. Be wary of which groups can access files, as you may find some users have more access than anticipated.

Liam

Straight forward simple solution

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Pros

Certain amount of storage as part of exisiting licensing. Offers a familiar experience for employees to use.

Cons

Gets very expensive when you require more storage for files. Could use more features for document management. Also better features for documentation/ KB articles.

Imi
Imi

I use SharePoint for everything

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Shapepoint is a platform that is is growing for content management services and offers a high amount of value today for any adopter.
The experience is quite positive as users who gets trained once to use a SharePoint site are ready to use any other site due to the standard uniformity that is baked into the application.
Once you have office 365, you should try to built your next enterprise internal focus app in sharepoint.

Pros

SharePoint is like a flat table top that is empty at first but you can use it to create all sorts of database and data storage application for you small to mid size organization without the heavy lifting and IT capital expense.
Apps can be designed and developed for internal organizational staff use in days.
Apps can be modified with low or no code experience.
Organizational users, after using the SharePoint tool can transfer their practice on any other SharePoint site/app, this helps with institutional strengthening where the framework is one standard platform that can be used to fit most or all internal system.
SharePoint is at least secured as much as O356 can be. I use SharePoint online only these days.

I must say that sharepoint list are greatest tool every but you have to get a forms designer to make them very exciting and function especially when you are considering to build a full system.

Cons

It a growing platform. Today, I think that Microsoft need to include an easy to use SharePoint forms design tool with the product. Customization of forms with PowerAPP is not suitable today, too much work to get just little activities and task.
There needs to be an infopath replacement that is easy to use.

Sharepoints at this time of wring sucks from a design and layout perspective. If you looking for functionalities, Sharepoint got you back, if you want to have the best modern UI then you will not like SharePoint.

NetDocuments

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

It is offered as part of the O365, I did not originally choose it. But then after using NetDocument which then started to point to integration with OneDrive I notice that a decision was to be made. The decision is SharePoint and OneDrive. Collaboration, Controls, liberation, without any of the IT headaches.
Lori

Documents for all areas of our Learning Center

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Pros

All of the documents that we use for our Learning center are easy to find with a search.

Cons

The organization of the files and folders need more specific titles to be able to find in a search

Jan

SharePoint

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Meets expectations for our company, fast and easy file sharing

Meets expectations for our company, fast and easy file sharing

Pros

Easy file sharing for a large number of users

Cons

Illogicalities in the settings, long installation time of microsoft updates

Julian
  • Industry: Information Services

The Classic Solution which fits most companies well

Reviewed on 09/06/2024

Pros

It is on the market for so long there is almost no use case you can't do with it.
Its well supported out there.

Cons

The UX can be quite tough.
By the defintion of the tool there is a likilyhood that companies have some very outdated content on there afer a while.

Ramesh

Microsoft SharePoint is versailte and easy to itnegrate

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Pros

I like its easy of use, easy plugin and play with other Microsoft products. It

Cons

It is vey slow sometimes the page loads slower. It does not feel easy to go to a particular shortcut. There are ao many icons and sections that it is difficult to navigate

Peter
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sharepoint as a secure file sync and share platform

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

I have personally had mix results. We ultimately made the decision because of the blended Office 365 costs, reducing our FSS-specific contract with a 3rd party vendor, who happened to be a leader in the space and had a far richer UX.

Pros

I like the integration with the microsoft cloud and the ability to share and concurrently edit from shared, sharepoint websites we use to share with internal and external stakeholders.

Cons

It seems like security is a big concern and user experience is not up to par with other FSS solutions like Box/Dropbox.

Box

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

The switch was made predominately due to budget. The Microsoft 365 Enterprise package was able to hide the actual cost of FSS, which was an additional line item for the Box platform. It made it almost impossible to stay with Box.

Box

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

total cost of ownership (vs. using multiple providers).
Patric

Document Management and more

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

We use it as our intranet, to share information about projects, tasks, opporunities or rather static content to display information about various departments.
We have a lot of customers who use it mainly as a document management system or also as a intranet solution. Especially the SharePoint Online version is very easy to adapt and has great integration with Microsoft 365.

Pros

Offers a ton of features, you don't have to use all of them but they are there if you need them. It can be used for document management (DMS) or even CMS for intranet purposes. It has a powerful search engine, you can manage complex permission scenarios, there is also the possibility to manage records, litigation holds, taxonomies, and more and more.
With the new modern UI users can also even more simply edit pages, place web parts on them to display different content like, text, images, videos, news feeds, document libraries, lists etc.
If you don't go the on-premise but the SharePoint Online route, you can save yourself the hassle of installing it on your own and have a very easy access to a powerful tool for collaboration or to simply display information.

Cons

Has some kind of a learning courve. Can be complex, especially if you want to take it to the next level and start to customize it. On-premise version is rather expensive and needs an IT professional to set up and also it should run on multiple servers and also MSSQL which adds to the license cost.

Alfresco Digital Business Platform

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

Integration into existing Microsoft environment/Active Directory. Ease of use. Availability.
Ashley

SharePoint for small businesses

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

Not all of our employees use SharePoint because there can be confusion between platforms. The concept of file sharing and working in real-time is excellent, as well as how it's integrated with the other Microsoft Programs. However, the way it is designed leaves a lot of room for error or lost files.

Pros

Multiple people being able to access and work on a document is helpful, especially with people working remotely. It eliminates multiple files being emailed back and forth, and reduces the chance for error. The most up-to-date version will always be the one available. It integrates with all other Microsoft products.

Cons

The concept can be confusing to some, when trying to differentiate if it's a cloud, what is different about it from OneNote, how to save files, etc. I believe files could be misplaced or have multiple versions unless all of those platforms are monitored.

Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft SharePoint

A gmail address is needed, and in the health care field that is not a secure messaging system, so we could not use gmail as a means for email.

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft SharePoint

It was the most "secure" file sharing option available, and there were no other secure alternatives at that time.
Mandeep
Mandeep
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

SharePoint is the best web based intranet software to streamline the management of the data...

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

I have been using this software for information sharing and accessing within my organisation and I can say it's one of the best online web-based tool for sharing record and information and that too very securely. Definitely one of the best software for intranet web based information sharing.

Pros

Microsoft SharePoint is the best software for sharing of documentation and information witin an organization. This software given best control to the owners to enable controlled and restricted access to the information for the targetted users.
This helps users to access the information remotely from any location using centralized location link using web browser hence the companies can place the data securely at a centralized location even with password protection and let their employees to access the information virtually from any location using the link or url to access the information. Users can also edit or create new information on the portal using certain credentials provided as per the organizational chart.
This also helps companies to distribute the important bulletin without being any need to distribute that locally to the employees.
It's one of the best software for such controlled and restricted access to the information and valuable data.

Cons

Though it is very effective tool for management of information Sharing within an organization but it require some experience to set the checkpoints to enable the restricted access to the information to a certain group of peoples such as password protection, applying some read only checks and other restrictions that can be implemented.

Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Proficient tool for storing and sharing the documents

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

My overall experience with Microsoft has been good so far. I am sure there is still so much to learn about this application and I am still discovering new things occasionally. It is suitable if you are looking to create a cloud-based repository of documents and it works efficiently if the IT support team of your company set it up perfectly and they keep updating it steadily.

Pros

SharePoint is the cloud-based tool, which facilitates the storage, sharing, accessing, and managing the files from any location/device using centralized location link. It is a flexible platform and can be implemented and managed in the way you like it.
We have been using this software in our company for almost 3 years now and it is extremely compatible with our needs. It helps in creating a common repository of documents, which can be accessed by multiple users/devices. It works well within groups where the permission to access, edit is given by the primary user. It is one of the best software to manage the confidential information in a controlled and restrictive way. There is an option to chat within the group as well.
All files can be added to library by simple step of drag and drop. It has abundant features to choose from and you can tailor them as per your business needs. Since it is cloud based, it provides inter and intra-departmental cooperation creating a perfect collaborative environment for a small organization.

Cons

One has to be experienced with Microsoft products in order to run this smoothly else, it could be little complicated to learn in the initiate phase. Secondly, it could be expensive than the other products in the market however it provides good features but if you are looking for economical solution, you should research more before buying this. If someone authorized edits something in a document, it becomes difficult to locate where the correction has been made. Though it shows the real-time notification I someone is editing but if you try to locate for the past corrections, it is not easy to find out.

Daniel

Microsoft Sharepoint: The Ultimate Sharing software

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

Overall, I think that most companies can benefit from Sharepoint, especially if they already use Microsoft software which is highly likely. It streamlines everyone’s workflows and allows smooth collaboration between team members. It creates a space for enterprise document storage and communication.

Pros

In my opinion, Microsoft Sharepoint is one of the ways Microsoft proves that it is a step ahead of other software companies. Microsoft Sharepoint is a powerful but versatile combination of document, workflow, team and collaboration management softwares, which is an incredible asset for any company. There are many things that Sharepoint does right. The user interface has just the right of complexity to include many features while still being rather easy to learn. There are also industry leading features like the ability to share very large files with everyone, which really makes life a lot easier. The file upload/download times are also comparatively shorter than other softwares which I love. There are also team management features like adding people to a project and giving them permissions and roles, etc. Obviously as this is a Microsoft app, this integrates with all other Microsoft software smoothly and effortlessly, which is nice.

Cons

Sharepoint is really hard to set up at first, especially if you are storing files locally and will require someone experienced to fully set up. The price is also quite high per user, but this is completely worth it in my opinion. It also takes a while to realise the full potential of Sharepoint as there are a few features that are hard to find.

• Industry: Banking

Excellent business collaborative document management platform

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Our project is using Microsoft SharePoint for long years (and my previous project in earlier organization too!) and felt comfortable using this product which includes file versioning, sharing across teams, calendar/task sharing, review documents online, integration with multiple Microsoft products like Microsoft 365, Microsoft teams, Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Project for project management, Microsoft Visio for designers, Microsoft OneNote that enhances the data security with protected encryption via 2-factor authentication methods. Also our team made different customization on share point server which comprises visual effects of colors, fonts, graphic modes, Power automate workflow modes (that saved major cost to our project). We used Microsoft One drive, Microsoft Teams to share project documents in effective manner.

Pros

Flexible to use across any user or large group in the organization, specially in company intranet environment. It allows social networking as well to collaborate across different user groups like developers, designers, business analysts. According to business needs, it can be customized to view the specific content in the design. In terms of project management, it allows to share user calendars, multiple task notes and project trackers. Consolidation of internet and intranet collaboration of sites make the business users easy to use. SharePoint server allows programmers to develop API jobs to automate the day to day business functionalities that reduces the cost to entire organization. Centralized administration allows hassle free system settings, easy work flow navigation settings, effective back up and restoration of data incase of data corruption or manual deletion of data by mistake. The user productivity will get increased through real time collaboration that includes document versioning that avoids duplicate files, cloud support, document notification for managing different file system types.

Cons

The ROI is pretty average compared with other document management products in the market. Not available to preview the document files. The URL keeps with folder names so it annoys when user has long file folder/file names on it. Training aid is mandatorily needed to do more administration settings.

The everything tool that is hard to describe

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

We began our journey to online collaboration looking for a one-to-one replacement of our onsite file server. As Office365 has grown and we as well our understanding of the use of tools like distribution groups grew into Office 365 groups and now Teams to support the functions of those groups and underneath each of those was Sharepoint acting as the trunk from which those branches of collaboration have stemmed. Even as we have only basically touched on the capbility for the pages within the sharepoint site to act as a more robust website, we are still only using those as information to direct people the conversation locations and document libraries.

Pros

Essentially everything about Office 365 is wrapped around the core of Sharepoint online. As Microsoft began investing in their online offerings they used this existing structure for an intranet to allow groups to collaborate on materials to work across the internet rather than just across the office. This time-tested, monolithic system isn't fast and flashy, but it is capable if you spend the time learning how to achieve your outcomes within its constraints.
In a time where the consumer-focused ease of use and design first function second products offer a slick entry point to productivity and collaboration, once you start interacting with systems deeper and need access controls, audit trails, backups, and the things that established companies demand in order to operate you quickly begin to have an appreciation for the capability of Sharepoint as a legacy system that has people working on it to make sure it evolves to stand the test of time.

Cons

Its feature richness is a benefit and a challenge as it is complex to learn all of the capabilities and how to manage them.

Hester
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Microsoft SharePoint is a fantastic platform that can handle the majority of your demands.

Reviewed on 13/03/2022

Small, medium-sized, and large enterprises with multiple teams and collaboration programs can all benefit from SharePoint. Furthermore, setting up a SharePoint is rather simple for an enterprise with an IT department.

Sharepoint has helped me become more efficient in a variety of areas, and I'm hoping that one of its functions will allow me to make a process more collaborative, controlled, and automated. Currently, the entire organization has access to the software, and the transition from local servers to Sharepoint has been gradual, owing to people's apprehension of something new and unknown.

Pros

SharePoint is particularly user-friendly when it comes to co-authoring. Simply open the online version of the document you want to edit, and you'll be able to make changes to the content while others in your team do the same. This feature makes it simple to manage shared documents and provides visibility into who is making changes and when.

The capacity to communicate and work with anyone within our firm, as well as the option to transfer information outside of it, is tremendously beneficial.

SharePoint crams a lot of functionality onto a single platform, making it a powerful tool for teams that can integrate it with their existing processes. It may take some time to learn everything there is to know.

Cons

Even though your Office 365 subscription includes a free SharePoint online license, you'll have to pay for further customization, deployment, training, and administration.

You should think about integration concerns ahead of time because they may add time and cost to your project, and there's a potential that if it fails, it will reduce employee productivity.

SharePoint may be overkill if you're searching for a simple document management system. It is, however, a terrific alternative if you're searching for a dynamic platform that gives excellent flexibility and simultaneous collaboration, as well as the ability to scale up with your growing organization.

Tony

SharePoint is a must-have product for simple web design

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Amazing option for creating a rapid and professional intranet site, for a low rate, with an amazing service crew. I conducted extensive research to locate a platform for constructing our company's intranet site, and I do not believe there is a better option on the market today when considering features and pricing than SharePoint. It is highly advised to construct a top SharePoint site in a short period of time without understanding much about SharePoint. I developed a beautiful looking Intranet site in a week despite having no prior expertise with Intranet sites. Professional customer service representatives are available at all times. I'm excited to utilize this solution for my company's intranet site for many years to come.

Pros

SharePoint enabled us to avoid many of SharePoint's design constraints and develop a stunning site with a simple, easy-to-use interface. We liked how it could make SharePoint entirely responsive, enabling our users to access it from any size browser window. We also liked the many page layout possibilities, which included sections, rows, and columns. We were able to construct a whole site in a very short amount of time since the program was simple to understand and utilize. Our ShortPoint representative was really simple to deal with and answered all of our inquiries. We are satisfied with the outcome.

Cons

ShortPoint was quite helpful in terms of site theme and page design. We wish it could better accommodate bringing document library and list content kinds through to a page with complete searching and filtering features. As a workaround, we inserted the SharePoint document library web component within a ShortPoint panel. It would be fantastic if ShortPoint could create something with comparable capabilities (searching and filtering on columns) as SharePoint's online component.

Harsha
Harsha
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The Future Software Point of Sharing a Perfect Collaborative Tool to make an Awesome Organizati...

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Pros

+ Creating a new SharePoint site/app/directory is very easy and manageable. Users need to request the access before using the website or owner can manage how and whom to give what permission level of access on each site.
+ We could inherit permissions from top level site or we can manage permissions separately to each individual sub sites.
+ Permissions on each document level! Jaw Dropping feature of genius.
+ It has a plenty amount of features to choose from and you can customize each app to fit your business needs.
+ You can also add sandbox solution based or script based jssor/jsom apps to each SharePoint site.
+ Very easy to share files and information across our organization.
+ Perfect for document management and storage system for employees of many locations.
Syncing the SharePoint content is a nice feature.
+ Uploading/Checking in thousands of documents at one click with the help of explorer is definitely something special.
+ Connecting SharePoint calendars to your Outlook calendar will make your work life easy.
+ SharePoint Designer, Info path, Nintex, K2 all are bonus to have for OOTB Workflow configurations.
+ Content management Checkin, Checkout, Publish, Approve/Reject features are nice features to have on each document.
+ Not only Search, You can even do Filters among search results.
+ Not only Filters, You can do Best Bets on search results.
+ What is more, All search results are very fast across the whole website.

Cons

A humble advice to Microsoft SharePoint team! since we can't host External websites on cloud, It will be good if they come up with Team Communication sites, Forms apps within On Premises.
Comments from Anonymous users on our SharePoint Blogs: If we have the ability to get comments/likes from anonymous users outside our organization it would be helpful for organizations which are depending on SharePoint On Premises version because of PPI (Personal Protected Information) data.
In Overall, There isn't anything to dislike about it, to be honest it is everything we've expected it to be.

Alex
Alex
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent platform for team collaboration, document and workflow management.

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

MS allows us to interact as a team from a central location, we have access to document libraries, important files and specific and irrelevant content for our operation all included in one place, thanks to its great capacity to support document management and promote team collaboration; We can now form work teams based on roles and areas of knowledge, which allows us to take full advantage of the particular skills of each participant to work together on the same project or document simultaneously and in real time, which has allowed us to conclude and meet the agreed objectives, and all this under the necessary control and supervision.

Pros

SharePoint is a powerful collaboration tool, very useful for the creation of portals, it offers us a great variety of functionalities and tools with which it is easy to build web sites. With MS we can share documents with other colleagues securely; I find its ability to support document management and promote team collaboration quite interesting; several people can work on the same document simultaneously and in real time; it is easy to create, upload, view and exchange folders and files with sharepoint; I like its high level of customization that makes it possible to meet and satisfy our specific needs, MS allows us to use various information systems as data sources, its high performance for workflow management is unbeatable, it is interesting how MS complements with other office 365 tools, such as Teams, Calendar and One Drive that in our case has been very useful because we use them daily to complete many of our business activities and tasks; at the same time its infallible search function that allows us to quickly find documents when required, in fact the overall performance and capabilities of MS are truly exceptional.

Cons

The process of setting permissions according to company roles is somewhat confusing and time-consuming and requires a bit more time and effort to achieve the desired configuration.

Paula
Paula
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

It has a diverse range of features and is easy to use for collaborative work.

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

We are establishing a gateway for organizations where an organization may obtain updates and information about what is going on in the organization, as well as some approval flow for the approval process. We can work cooperatively on various jobs and projects using SharePoint, and as a result, we are more productive overall. The benefits include centralized data, document management, and, of course, simplicity of use.

Pros

It is the greatest platform for cross-departmental communication, with amazing features such as security management, asset library, and effective document management, as well as seamless connection with Office 365 products. I appreciate Sharepoint because it can provide me with an easy-to-read format for all of my organization's news; everything is saved there, and I can quickly select whatever articles or websites I want to read. What I appreciate best about SharePoint is that it allows me to effortlessly share and collaborate on numerous documents with multiple staff while keeping us all on the same platform.

Cons

Deployment is costly, depending on whether the model is subscription, on-premises, or hybrid; IT teams must plan ahead of time for integration concerns to save time and money. There are also other needs for fundamental customisation in the search option. I don't like how you can't readily view photographs, photos, or videos; you have to click on each one; I'd want to see this function improved.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Exceptional Platform for Team Collaboration and Content Storage

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

My overall experience with SharePoint has been great, as I have been able to realize numerous benefits including, but not limited to, the ability to work with teammates on numerous assignments in real-time, the ability to store files of various formats on the platform, and the ability to share the aforementioned files directly from the platform via email with ease. Overall, I offer high praise for this service and would undoubtedly recommend others to give it a try as well as it is well worth it.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the fact that it allows for real-time collaboration on a number of Microsoft Office products on any web browser as long as you are connected to the internet. I find the amount of tools and resources offered by SharePoint to be very vast, even more so than some of its competitors, which on some occasions charge more for their services than does SharePoint. I also like the fact that documents can be worked on and accessed on virtually any device, whether it be a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. This allows for everyone on a team to participate on projects or assignments regardless of their device or operating system preferences.

Cons

What I like least about this software has nothing to do with the features or functionalities associated with SharePoint, which I find to be great, but rather has to do with its relatively lackluster appeal to the general public, which seems to be somewhat attracted more to its competitors. As a result, when new members join SharePoint, I have noticed that it takes them a decent amount of time to become acquainted with the service, which might take time away from focusing all attention towards the actual assignments that need to be worked on and completed. Depending on the workload of a company, this may or may not be a bit deal, but in the case that it is, some compromises might need to be made on deadlines for certain projects/assignments to make some extra time for getting used to SharePoint.

Anilkumar

Microsoft SharePoint CMS for Managing content and documents of organization

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

If you are small organization, always prefer SharePoint Online services and SharePoint on-premise is recommended for big organization usually.

Pros

1. Since it is Microsoft product, Area of development and support is very vast and also accepted globally.
2. Guidelines for installing and configuring SharePoint is very easy to compare to other CMS available in the market.
3. From performance and security point of view, SharePoint is the best product for any organization.
4.Can be easily integrated with other Microsoft product such as Outlook, Azure, Yammer, Office, and PowerBI etc.
5. SharePoint also has Foundation version (till SharePoint 2013) for free to target smaller organization.
6. With the release of SharePoint Online on cloud, It provides more flexibility and less IT team work for any organization, especially for a smaller organization.

Cons

1. Maintaining SharePoint on-premises for smaller organisation becomes very difficult and costly because it requires more technical support.
2.SharePoint may have added customization options for those who wants to implement intranet system, Microsoft actually discourages this from happening. The ease of customization with custom designs, especially from a home page perspective, can help businesses better tailor their intranet experience to the individual workers.
3. To work SharePoint search efficiently, Lots of internal customization is needed.
4. Since for SharePoint online, Microsoft is maintaining server, which ends in providing less scope for customizing.
5.Migration from old SharePoint version to new is little complex and requires lots of efforts