TeamViewer Remote Reviews

TeamViewer Remote

4.6 (11,447)
Write a Review!
Remote support, remote access & online meetings software

(11,447)

11447 Reviews for UK Users

Emir
Emir
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great app for assisting friends and family

Reviewed on 19/09/2020

This is the app i use for remote assitance for private use.
Problems i encountered over the years...

This is the app i use for remote assitance for private use.
Problems i encountered over the years usualy have workarounds, but main thing is that you can in matter of minutes access remote PC and do the magic.

Pros

It is easy to use. In a few minutes anybody with low tech skills can install client and send you data needed for remote assistance. It works with great even with fairly slow internet connection. My number one solution for private usage

Cons

Well price for companies for premium solutions is overpriced.
There is no Wayland support for Ubuntu, and also remote access to some Android devices is limited.
When i bought licence few years ago, after some time i could not use licence.
When they release new bigger version you loose you licence ( payed 500€). Also montly fee is fairly too high especialy for 3rd world countries.

Easyier to connect with Teamviewer

VNC Connect

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

I used it for years and i still use it. As long as they offer free private usage i will use it. But i thing premium options are overpriced.
Ana
Ana
  • Industry: Banking

A tool that enables remote assistance with almost no operational restrictions

Reviewed on 16/08/2022

It is very useful because remote connection is possible whenever there is an Internet environment for terminals in places that do not have a VPN environment. For those who are not familiar with PCs, we also use it for classes on the use of the system and Excel, as you can see the operation on this side. Since it can be accessed immediately even on bases outside the prefecture, problems can be solved immediately.

Pros

Installation is easy and can be started with little or no initial configuration. There are few input items at the time of connection, and even if the other party's employee is not very familiar with PCs, etc., the remote connection can be made easily. Since confirmation messages from the administrator can be displayed when the software is installed, almost all operations can be performed while the other party is connected, and almost all operations can be performed while the other party is remotely connected.

Cons

TeamViewer 13 is what we are currently using, but it was only ever purchased once. It looks like the latest version only has one subscription, so I would like to have a one-time purchase. It may depend on the network environment, but performance can be slow.

Dameware

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

Also, before the introduction of the system, there were times when I had backups of data and files sent by email, but it was difficult to manage, as the files I wanted were not attached. After introducing TeamViewer, when providing customer support, most of the customers who asked us to come to the office were convinced that we could solve the problem faster if we connected them remotely, as there was no time to travel.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

I think it is by far the best remote software that cannot log in unless you start the software that receives the remote control and tells it the password that changes every time you log in to the remote software. You can relieve the clients by telling them that the system is designed so that they can't log in without permission.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Ana,

Thank you for your efforts in sharing the amazing feedback about TeamViewer! We are so thrilled to know that TeamViewer became a powerful tool for you to remotely connect to others at the same time!

We are happy to hear that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution for you too. TeamViewer couldn't grow further and stronger and have a better competitive advantage without your support!

Again, we can't thank you enough for supporting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always!

Adnaan
Adnaan
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Will TeamViewer be suitable for my team???

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

The jury is still out on this one! I would say that my experience has been a bit of an" up and down" one. Their are some aspects of TeamViewer that i compliment their team on and other aspects which need to be looked at closely and ensure that those aspects are improved moving forward, with the focus on rectifying these issues soonest. Its all about keeping the customer satisfied in an ever increasing, competitive business environment. No, TeamViewer will not be suitable for my team as for now, but i always willing to relook at it, once the TeamViewer lads get the necessary done!

Pros

TeamViewer has been a secure platform to use, with the RSA key exchange and encryption. In the aviation industry, security is paramount and TeamViewer meets that requirement. It allows me to connect to contacts globally and provides a host of additional sevices, for e.g monitoring my entire teams desktop and allows recording the sessions remotely. Added to that, TeamViewer setting up is relatively simple with equally simple configuration.It provides added options of file transfer, instant messaging and being able to manage servers remotely. It has been instumental in making it possible for me to remotely control my devices for work and home, including cameras amongst other things. Impressive? Yes indeed! But read on please.....

Cons

The UI is super boring and the TeamViewer team should get cracking on that aspect to begin with. It puts me to sleep! Additionally, similar products come in at a better price.. Transferring files that are large can be a laborious and lenghty task, becoming frustrating in this world of "instant gratification". Speed it up TeamViewer! Not the best customer service experiences that i have had. High speed internet has become an issue, especially when i try and connect to areas globally, where the speed of their internet is at a snails pace. Hence, high speed internet is a must or else you'll end up pulling out your hair. Also, Teamviewer has to be installed on every system and has to be the same version. Limiting for me! Better platforms available out there at a better price, faster and the lack of a fast internet speed is not a problem.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Adnaan,
Thanks for choosing TeamViewer and sharing the awesome review!
Firstly, we appreciate the unique feedback on TeamViewer. We are so happy to hear that TeamViewer is a powerful remote access solution!
Undoubtedly, TeamViewer does require remote connections to occur in the same version of TeamViewer. The latest version of TeamViewer is even better and recommended in use. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest feature on TeamViewer.
At the same time, we strongly encourage you to join TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for any troubleshooting questions. Again, we can't thank you enough for trusting TeamViewer and we hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always!

David
David
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

David's Team Viewers Review

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Pros

Team viewer allows you to use it for free for personal use. It is easy to use and automatically launches at startup. It support windows, mac and even android and ios.

Cons

Team viewer cannot be used through a proxy.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

Team viewer is very stable and reliable..

Splashtop

Response from TeamViewer

Hello David,
Thank you for liking TeamViewer! TeamViewer is free for personal use as always. We are happy that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time! Have a great day!

Team Viewer as its Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Pros

great tool
easy to use
user friendly
quick install
quick access

Cons

cost
user management
access management
file transfers

Pivotal Tracker and Workspace ONE

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

Yes, from VMWARE WORKSPACE ONE to TEAM VIEWER as it was easy to use.

Workspace ONE

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

TEAM VIEWER as it was easy to use hence we shifted to it. user friendly.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi TeamViewer user,
Thanks for choosing TeamViewer and liking TeamViewer! We are so happy that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution!
We would like to invite you to join TeamViewer Community https://community.teamviewer.com if you have any troubleshooting questions.
Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer as always!

Antoni

Fast and useful

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

TeamViewer has become a fundamental tool to bring top-class support to our employees. It's really easy to use and our end-users (the less tech-savvy) are able to manage it due to is very user-friendly.

Pros

The las updates let you to create a virtual-room and share the URL with the end-user. End-user only needs to click on the URL and TeamViewer will create the connection. Really usefully and really fast. It improves the end-user experience a lot and they don't need to share anymore the ID and password.Furthermore, is one of the fewer software's that works really well with the UAC Windows, so in case you need to run admin privileges, you can interact with UAC without any issue.

Cons

I would say that they can improve the speed of the filesharing that, depending on the cases, is better to download if from the source website.

Zoom Workplace, UltraVNC and LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer was the most well-known remote software among our engineers. It was also the most well-known among the end-users and it brought flexibility to our company, as it was easy to use no matter the OS used.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Aotoni,
Thank you for choosing TeamViewer as your choice of user-friendly remote access solution!
We are thrilled that you are enjoying TeamViewer's performance, cross-platform flexibility, and reliability.
Feel free to reach out to us in the TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/) if there is anything we may help you further. Hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time!

Samuel

Makes it easy to connect to other devices remotely and offer support

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

We design websites, write content, and publish content for our clients. Some clients learn certain procedures using online resources but contact us when they encounter problems. TeamViewer allows us to access their devices and help them at a small fee. Since TeamViewer is easy to use, they are quick to learn and they are usually pleased with our services. It helps us save time and avoid transport costs.

Pros

I like TeamViewer because of its ability to connect with any device remotely as long as it is installed on both devices and they have a stable internet connection. You only need to share the security ID to stablish instant and secure connection. It gives full control of the device and allows you to perform any task, including downloading and installing software, troubleshooting, or changing the device settings. Therefore, clients can see what you are doing on their computer remotely and can learn how to do it or how to fix a problem if it arises again in the future.

Cons

Teamviewer slow down the functioning of computers with low processing speed and low storage space. Sometimes the other computer becomes unresponsive and you have to disconnect and reconnect again to restore functioning. You might need to install the latest version on all devices for the best experience.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Samuel,
Thank you for trusting TeamViewer as a powerful tool for helping you! We are pleased to know you chose TeamViewer for your remote access solution.
We always recommend all users update to the latest version of TeamViewer which the latest security and functionality are available. To learn more about TeamViewer, can we invite you to visit TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com) for feedback sharing and join those open discussions with us?
We wish you a pleasant day and hope to see you there!

Dave
Dave

Watch that renewal deadline

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Pros

I've been using the least expensive tier of TeamViewer for nearly five years ($600/year!). It has done everything I need of it.

Cons

I've occasionally run into issues where my 'free' use of it to interface with my ham radio-dedicated computer where they have deemed the action 'business' use and, despite my having a business license which I only use for my business, they would disable my access until I filed an appeal. This happened three times in two years. But most importantly, as I've begun the process of winding down my business, I missed the cancellation deadline of my license by two days and the company would not cut me any slack...charging me for another year despite my business officially closing well before that time.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Dave,
Thank you for sharing the review about TeamViewer and we are so sorry to hear about the poor experience with TeamViewer.
In order to turn things around and help you with the best possible solution for your case, we encourage you to have a discussion with the TeamViewer Support Team and you can reach them via https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/customer-support. We really hope that you will receive a satisfying outcome and enjoy the journey with TeamViewer continuously.

Virginia
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good remote management tool

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

Pros

I use it at work to remotely manage customers’ devices.
It is very easy to use, very intuitive both for the technical staff and for the user, who may not be so confident with it stuff.
It only needs a code and a password to get control

Cons

My only concern is about security, remote management tools not always guarantee privacy and security, but never had a problem with teamViewer, is just the only thing I like least

Andres
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

TeamViewer Review

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

I will give overall to TeamViewer 4 out of 5 stars

I will give overall to TeamViewer 4 out of 5 stars

Pros

High-quality video and audio, very intuitive and easy to use

Cons

Sometimes the customer service is not that effective

Emad
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

TeamViewer is packed with unique features but at inflated price.

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

The best overall remote access and desktop sharing software in the market hands down, packed with lots of features that you could barely find in any free or paid alternative, but this all comes in a very restricted free plan and inflated price if you decided to upgrade to paid plans, their prices need to be revised and their cancellation policy need to be reviewed and implemented properly for the best of their customers first.

Pros

A fundamental portion of my work duties require constant and stable remote connection for wide variety of tasks ranging from colloaborating with my collegeus on a project or to overseeing some developments/deployments for platforms or make essential modifications to work in progress, aside from that i use it for a lot of personal tasks to run on my home PC or manage some features in my home network or control devices connected to it, honestly teamviewer is a leader and the most rich feature in the industry when it comes to remote access programs, they managed to dominate the market as it has been in business for a very long time, This program has it all in one package, the program is very compact size run on very minimal machine resources, you can run it unattended without installing a program itself which saves a lot of space and very convenient, you can connect all your devices to your account on the cloud to instantly access and managed all devices with a single click, support multiple platforms and systems, very friendly and easy to learn interface, it can maintain a stable and flawless connection between you and your partner even if the network isn't stable at either side, it has outstanding and mature features available to both free and paid users, sometimes not available or only for paid version on other alternatives (chat, make an audio/video conference with partner or group, transfer a huge amount of files with large size instantly, privacy control and more).

Cons

I would have given this amazing piece of software the full mark unless it suffers from two basic issues that irritates me a lot and need the company to look for a solution to those problems sooner than later if it wants to keep its loyal customers like me, First and most important one is their pricing plan for paid version, As i mentioned I use the paid version for business but recently the prices has doubled for no apparent reason, and there is no clear cancellation policy on which i can opt out from using this software or change plans to lower one, the customer service need to do more to address this issue and help us by having different options with reasonable price and effective cancellation policy for those who want to change their mind and not get a constant deduction against their will, the Second reason is for the free version for personal use like the one i use in my home, which after latest updates became very messy and disconnect me every 10 seconds with an ambiguous message stating that there is a commercial use detected and a long time out before i regain access and reconnected again and again, I never suffered any such problem like this before, but the free version become very hard to use with this policy which made me sadly revert to less intrusive and more welcoming alternatives, those issues needed to be addressed and resolved ASAP so teamviewer can keep his position as the number one product for remote access of all the time as it once were.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

It has major security flaws that could compromise my sensitive data , the UI isn't friendly at all, lack most of necessary features either in free or paid plans that were crucial for me.

UltraVNC

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Aside from all the pros i have mentioned in my review, this software has some crucial privacy control options that i need the most, like for instance, limit access permissions for the other party or switch control sides, install VPN for extra layer of security and wake up compuers in LAN.
Michael
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Used daily by busy IT team

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Now that a lot of our employees are stuck working from home, we can quickly support them in their PC troubleshooting needs without having to be locally present.

Pros

We have TeamViewer integrated with Ninja RMM and is heavily used daily to support hundreds of remote users. TeamViewer is rock-solid and does the job every time.

Cons

It would be nice to improve the client experience when requesting support from a technician. Perhaps being able to send a link via email to the user would assist the lesser technically capable users.

Splashtop

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

It integrates into Ninja RMM and makes connectivity more seam less for us, and more cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

The Ninja RMM integration was more seamless.
Alex

Excellent Remote Assistance Tool that also functions reliably as a remote work tool

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Overall our experience with TeamViewer has been positive. We began using it as a remote assistance tool for our IT department, and when the COVID-19 crisis hit and we suddenly found ourselves needing to provide a number of our office staff with the ability to work remotely TeamViewer helped us seamlessly provide this ability with any major work on the part of our IT department. Over the 2+ years that we've been a paying customer with TeamViewer we have never had any major issues and will continue to do business with them into the foreseeable future.

Pros

Extremely easy to use at it's most basic levels. When I first started using TeamViewer it was for its quick and reliable ability to provide remote support to a user that only required them to install the program and then provide me with a user ID and password in order to connect with there computer. Our original user case was to access the laptops of employees that were operating outside of our comany's intranet, where we used VNC to provide remote assistance, but eventually we started deploying TeamViewer to all of our computers resulting in our IT team being able to provide assistance from anywhere, but also having a greater awareness of the state of our company's equipment.

Thanks to the built in contact list and notes column we no longer need to keep a excel sheet contains all of the computer names, the user that uses the computer, and the software installed on it. Additionally it has made applying updates and ensuring malware protection on all of our devices is up to date extremely simple.

Cons

The one feature that I feel is most lacking from TeamViewer is a connection health indicator. I've had issues experience slow and unstable connections to TeamViewer and the software itself does not have any tools to help diagnose if the issue is between the remote computer and TeamViewer or the local computer and TeamViewer.

Additionally when using TeamViewer with Windows servers occasionally there seems to be a issue where TeamViewer will freeze right after the Windows login page with a message about cannot capture screen due to fast switching users that can only be resolved by logging into the server through a different method and restarting TeamViewer. If you are planning on using TeamViewer as your sole source of server management then this might be a issue.

Splashtop and GoTo Connect

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer provides greater access to our company computers and the ability to function as a remote access tool in addition to a remote assistance tool.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Originally we were looking for a tool more focused on remote assistance that a small number of users would have access to. The ease of deployment and the tools that TeamViewer provide seemed to be worth the cost over some of the cheaper competition. When the COVID-19 crisis hit our company's upper management paid to expanded our TeamViewer capacity since we found ourselves needing to quickly provide the ability to work from home and they did not wish to waste time setting up potentially cheaper software that we did not have a great deal of experience using.
Timothy

Straight forward Remote connection for most needed Cases

Reviewed on 10/04/2022

We have used Teamviewer on and off over the last 10 years to provide connectivity to remote machines and have succeeded more than 95% of the time.
It has also relatively improved its features most notably allowing connectivity to a machine with older version of the software, which was not previously possible for a long time, was a major pain point, and one of the most needed features as it was usually the reason we always used it concurrently with another vendor.
Finally, its ability to remember and save previously connected computers really saves a lot of time and headache.

Pros

Team viewer has worked for me on nearly all devices you can think of; Mac, PC, mobile, tablet, ios. It is straightforward to install and allow connectivity most times. 8/10 of none IT savvy users on windows were able to download, install and enable connection within a few minutes of sharing the link.

Cons

Getting a not IT savvy user to set it up and enable connection on a mac has been a stumbling block more than a few times . Other software tested was able to achieve the same in a relatively easier manner and I have had to resort to them when unsuccessful.

GoTo Meeting, AnyDesk and Zoho Assist

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer Remote

The previous tool we used was not user-friendly as you would expect from a tool that is mostly going to be facing a non-IT-savvy user.

VNC Connect

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Teamviewer stands out from most of the other competitors mostly by being so robust by virtue of being in existence for so long and being well known. It also has a very intuitive interface, where you can reach most of what you need quite fast.
Bill

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

GoTo Meeting and GoToMyPC

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

TeamViewer offered a simple-to-use, no-install solution for remote support for our clients that was far cheaper than the competitors at the time.
Sadaharu
Sadaharu
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Easy remote application for getting started

Reviewed on 13/08/2022

In my job, I support marketing teams and designers in troubleshooting, but in the past, I used to give instructions over the phone while imagining the other party's situation. The two parties shared the same relationship. Still, mostly it was a job where "experience matters", but after introducing TeamViewer, anyone with some knowledge can support and do everything remotely. A case that used to take an hour to resolve a problem can now be completed in less than 10 minutes. This reduces stress in people on both sides and saves time and resources.

Pros

It can be started without any particular configuration of the target terminal. Since the connection can be initiated simply by making use of the "ID" and "password", it is possible to connect to work computers with a sense of speed. I mainly use it to connect to company computers when I work from home and need some material that I don't have stored in the cloud.

Cons

This depends on the specifications of the machine and the network environment of each machine, but the operation is slow and not comfortable to handle. Some people say it would have been faster if they had taken more time. If there is any part that can be improved on the software side, I would like to see it improved.

Response from TeamViewer

Hello Sadaharu,

Thank you for contributing the valuable time to share your unique remote access experience with TeamViewer!

TeamViewer always aims to be the pioneer in the remote access solution. Helping many TeamViewer users like you to practice a cost-effective work style is also the pursuit we are moving towards. We are greatly appreciated to have your trust and support in choosing TeamViewer!

Did you know that TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/English) welcomes worldwide users to join and share their questions and discussions together.

We hope to see your participants too! See you there!

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

TeamViewer, my long time assistant

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Teamviewer is a great application that most IT professional around the world depend on in delivering their services. I have been a user since 2010 and I don't see any indication that I will move away from this for the next couple of years.

Pros

Teamviewer over the years have improved a lot. New features are being added regularly. I like the fact that the quality of their application hasn't degraded and with all the new similar applications out there, Teamviewer still stands out as the best

Cons

I don't like when they changed their licensing to subscription based. I paid for version 11 and 12 and I am still using these because I don't need a subscription based licensing.

Feature-wise, I don't have anything to dislike.

LogMeIn

LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

I like the simplicity of Teamviewer's user interface and the quality of the remote sessions are excellent.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi TeamViewer user,

Thank you for contributing your honest feedback and experience with TeamViewer!

It is our pleasure to have you on board and support us for such a long time at TeamViewer! We are so happy to hear that you like the eye-appealing interface design of TeamViewer too!

Hope you enjoy the journey with TeamViewer as always and Have a beautiful day!

Alexandria

The best and most secure remote access software for a desktop or laptop

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

TeamViewer is simple, cost-free for personal use, and includes all the features of remote control software, including file transmission and chat. If you have monthly subscription, you can also get meetings and remote video assistance.

Pros

One major benefit of TeamViewer is its ability to be accessible from anywhere. No matter how far the technician is from the consumer, we can address IT problems in real time. The user interface is speedy and simple to navigate through, and the desktop support is fantastic! It is more adaptable to a variety of devices and flexible. Video conference scheduling is dependable and effective.

Cons

Instead of demanding a manual upgrade, it would be nice if TeamViewer upgraded itself when the computer was turned on.

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Alexandria,
Thank you for sharing the amazing feedback about TeamViewer. We are so happy to hear that TeamViewer is a user-friendly remote access solution. TeamViewer always puts Security and Privacy as the top priorities. Following this, we can ensure all users enjoy the best experience, stronger security, and the latest features.
We would like to take this chance to invite you to TeamViewer Community for more discussion about remote connections (https://community.teamviewer.com/English/).
Once again, we appreciate your valuable review on TeamViewer, and hope you would enjoy using TeamViewer as always!
Have a great day!

Laura
Laura
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

A necessity for our operations

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

This has become not just another tool that we use, but an absolute necessity to efficiently operate throughout the course of a day.

Pros

We use TeamViewer daily and rely on it to access dozens of remote sites, and hundreds of individual computers. The biggest benefit is that it's accessible anywhere. The app is really good once you get the hang of controlling mouse movement from a mobile device.

Locations can be grouped together and notes made on specific computers, making it really easy to keep track of who is who and where you're logged into at any given time. On the desktop app, you can log into multiple computers at once and toggle between them. For our purposes, this makes things incredibly efficient to be able to do remote software installations on multiple computers at the same time.

Logs can be pulled both by the administrator as well as by a remote computer to see who has accessed them and when. This level of transparency is great.

Administrator functions for the most part need to be done from the website, which is fairly simple to use.

There are a lot of features that we have yet to integrate to their full potential, so it is always a bonus to find new ways to use a tool like this.

Cons

The desktop app has had some minor flaws over the past few versions, where it does things like sometimes consistently refuses to connect the first time a connection is attempted, but then always connects on the second try.

Sometimes it's a pain having to go to the website and do all of the authentication steps just to change a simple administrator thing.

I haven't seen any way to log into multiple devices from the mobile app.

LOURDES

Take Control of Your Servers in a Secure and Effective Way

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

We've been using Teamviewer over the past 5 years or so because of its ease of usage and increasingly beneficial features. It is also fast and reliable that we integrated its API support to our own application so that our users/customers can easily interact with our support staff when they need assistance. We dropped usage of LogMeIn and Windows RDP because of Teamviewer's proven superiority over these tools.

Pros

Teamviewer is a critical tool for our daily support and software development. It allowed us to manage, control, and setup our customer's servers, both those that are virtually in AWS and physical alike. It's ability to securely remote control the server is only a part of its many features that are essential to our business. Our support staff are also able to collaborate with users by logging in to their computers via Teamviewer so users can show their questions or issues in our application through illustrations or by how they use the app -- our support people can see live how while they're logged in via Teamviewer. As a developer, my favorite and, perhaps, widely used feature is the secure file transfer. This allows me to download log files from servers so I can review them at my own pace in my local machine. The transfer also allows me to upload an exe to the server so I can test a particular feature/fix using the client's environment and database before actually releasing the change, under certain conditions, of course.

Cons

Very small thing: we use an older version of Teamviewer because we'd like to keep our fees at a minimum. Newer versions of Teamviewer would not allow remote control into a computer that has a lower version , so it's a small inconvenience when you have the latest (free) version in your home computer and you are forced to downgrade just so you can get access to the computer with the lower version.

Edin
  • Industry: Hospitality

TeamViewer is the best remote tool out there!

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

It has been a great pleasure and joy to use this tool and to be introduced to it a long time ago, because over time it just got better and better, and yet more simple to use and operate. The mobile app is also amazing as it does not "overwork" the device and there is no lag, as long as your internet connection is of good quality.

Pros

I am not sure where to start with pros of TeamViewer - this tool is simply amazing. From the version 10 up, this has been the most useful tool that I have used in regards of remote desktop, troubleshooting and help, whether for my friends and family or for my business and work. It provides all of the tools necessary for you to be able to remotely control a device, access it regardless of where you are and be able to do everything as if you are there physically. Simple, reliable, fast and dependable.

Cons

There are no Cons to this piece of software, it is simply great. If we are talking about space for improvement, then a video call along with the remote access with the host would be the best way to go about it. Other than that, no down sides what so ever.

Sudhir

"Amazing application for long-distance remote control!"

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

The majority of the time, I use Teamviewer for remote control. To gain access to my colleague's computer if they don't grasp something, or to assist a buddy on another continent, for example.

When our customers need assistance or software needs to be configured on their end, Teamviewer comes in handy, especially when unattended access is allowed.

Pros

This application's best feature is unattended access.

We activate Unattended Access on all machines so that we may rapidly access any data. We keep our documents in storage software, but it's occasionally easier to access them from a certain computer.
Another advantage is that you may use it for personal usage for free, which is exactly what I do to remotely operate my home PC on a regular basis.

I occasionally use TeamViewer without installing anything, which is a fantastic alternative. One of the biggest advantages of Teamviewer is that you can adjust the display quality, so if your connection isn't great, you can compensate.

The reason we choose Teamviewer is that our team can simply run/install it, which is critical when working with folks who aren't always at office premises but the hardware is.

Cons

We're not sure how safe Teamviewer is, but we keep credentials highly confidential, so I believe we're covered. However, allowing anyone to remotely manage your machine is never completely secure.
There are far too many new features. It's great to have more functions, but I believe it's more important to focus on Teamviewer's main feature: remote access! Although there wasn't much added to Teamviewer's remote access functionality, I believe there is always room for improvement.

Reasons for Switching to TeamViewer Remote

Its great features and usability.
Edward
Edward
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quality and speed of impressive video.

Reviewed on 31/12/2017

This software has benefited me a lot because I have managed to maintain a remote connection with all the employees of my company and in this way share necessary information for all of them, I have also been able to make several conferences with many owners of companies abroad, and thus be able to perform contracts and agreements without having to move from my place of work

Pros

What I like about TeamViewer is the great speed it has when making the remote access connection, the quality of the video it has is quite interesting and has a nice color quality that greatly improves the customer's view, speed with which the shared video works, it is quite good because it does not matter if you own a computer with low resources, in the same way the program will go smoothly and with excellent quality. I really like the interface that this program has, since it is compact, organizes all its characteristics and factors very well and organizes the remote connection and conferences very well.

Cons

TeamViewer is a pretty good software that gives the best quality and speed of video to its clients, but nevertheless, it has neglected the area of file transfer, remote access is characterized by communication, remote management and successful transfer of the files, and since they have made a lot of dedication to the remote connection, they have neglected the transfer of files without knowing that this factor is the most important of all because it facilitates in an excellent way the sending of information through a shared network, if TeamViewer It makes a considerable amount of improvements to this factor, this software would be the best in remote access.

Bilal
Bilal
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Its very helpful and amazing to use

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

For me it's TeamViewer. I find it much better than Skype for video conferencing.

With TeamViewer...

With TeamViewer many people can join in very easily with a access key provided to everyone. Another good feature is that you can control one computer from another so presentations, documents, etc could be edited by a bunch of editors online as they speak, discuss and edit.

If you have a question or need clarification/suggestion, leave it in the comments or message me!

Pros

So many great comments here. For me, I started coding emails, testing in several clients to make sure things didn’t break. Then I was given opportunity to be a PHP developer in the same company. I learned on the job but no one ever taught me about security. Soon, that company folded. When trying to get another PHP job nobody would hire me because of my lack of security knowledge.

Then I was hired to do some front end work - mainly HTML, CSS, Javascript (rarely Javascript). That company had layoffs and I soon found myself looking for a job and nobody would hire me because I did not have Angular or React knowledge.

My experiences have been pretty much the same through my last 15 years of tech. I’ve learned that unless you just want to spend your life in front of a computer learning the NEW framework or language… you shouldn’t be in tech/software/web. And think of the reward you get… 25 years ago if you knew simple website languages, you could make $100k per year. Now, you have to know so much more and only on rare occasions be paid $120k - $140k…. most times… only $80k. It’s insane!

Honestly, if I could go back in time, I’d be a dentist, eye doctor, or build houses. Software is for those who don’t have anything else to do in life except software. A better life is to learn one thing well that does not change too much and gives you free time to be with friends and family.

Cons

I did it that way, but that was some 45+ years ago. I quit college and never got a degree. It was a difficult path then, and more difficult now. But if you have no other choice then it is the path you will take.

If you love programming, then you are (and always will be) a programmer.
You will need to have all the answers ahead of everyone else. That means when a new language (like Julia) comes out, you will download it and spend nights programming with it. So that when someone in the office mentions Julia, You whip out your laptop and show them the advantages and disadvantages. It is a lot of time and dedication.
But even if you get a degree, you would need to spend that time anyway to become one of the best.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery

Remote desktop tool

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

My brother, who is an IT specialist, introduced me to this software. I use it to take control of my computer from my phone. It's very easy to do. I just created a free account in which I registered my devices, which allows me to take control by clicking on them. This tool is really great and very useful for carrying out remote actions or recovering files that you've forgotten

Pros

I'm not an IT professional, but you don't have to be to use this software. With this software, it's easy to take control of a computer remotely. It's easy to install, has a user-friendly interface, and is very simple to use. As far as security is concerned, I think it's very secure. Taking control requires several authorizations beforehand. In addition, it has other exciting features such as chat by message or voice, file transfer, and many others. It's a handy tool that works on all media, PC, smartphones, etc.

Cons

I have no recommendation to make. The way it works suits me perfectly

Response from TeamViewer

Hi Nguessan,
We are grateful for the great feedback and a perfect rating is given based on your TeamViewer journey!
There are lots of useful and powerful features of TeamViewer, you may check out our homepage (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/features/). Likewise, did you that you may learn more about TeamViewer features and gain more knowledge in TeamViewer Community? Come on and visit us on TeamViewer Community (https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/english)
We hope you enjoy using TeamViewer all the time and look forward to seeing you in the community!
Have a great day!