Wix

4.4 (9,469)
Write a Review!
Website builder & business management platform

(9,469)

Avash
Avash

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too.

With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price.

Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible.

Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Kalina
Kalina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Wix, Your Potential Business Site Builder or No?

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Overall my experience with wix has been great. By using wix I'm eliminating business problems by being able to create professional template alternatives, providing an easy and understanding website creator, and showing products I am selling easily for customers to view and purchase if they need to. Benefits I realize I have by using Wix is that I am able to provide excellent customer service to my clients and this helps me gain a more clientele and great reviews/ratings from customers.

Pros

Overall I really like using wix as a website builder. I believe the most impactful features wix provides is having many customized options like using artistic illustrations and templates to add to your site, you're able to have a professional logo of your own, customer support is easy to connect with, and you're able to discover new techniques that show you different ways of providing services to customers. Integrations were fairly easy for me to do with existing business processes I use like Goodle Drive, PayPal and Zapier.

Cons

I didn't really find any features that weren't useful for any business to use when creating his website. The only issue I did have a few times was sometimes Wix lags with internet connection and can a little time to load. But this issue has only occured twice for me. As mentioned before no difficulties happened for me when integrating with existing business processes I currently use.

Ty

Wix Survey

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

I have owned and operated with Wix for over 10 years.

I have owned and operated with Wix for over 10 years.

Pros

Most everything I have used or tried to use.

Cons

Some of the apps I looked at had low ratings.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 6-12 months

Wix: Not as good as WordPress... arguably better than SquareSpace (that's right. I said it!)

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

I have designed two websites with Wix. I am extremely pleased with how one website looks and with the email campaigns that have been super easy to set up and send out. That client needed a beautiful site and email functionality. Wix was cost effective for this purpose and she is able to make minor changes even though she is not tech-savvy. My other client needed shopping cart functionality and already had his site made at Wix. I made the site look nicer and loaded all of his items into the cart... but Wix could not handle the size of the store. The site works and looks great, but he had to use Shopify for his purposes. Overall, I choose WordPress because, as a designer, I need 100% functionality and the ability to do anything my clients need. Out of the box, Wix can't do some of these custom things. But I have no problem recommending Wix as the CMS to use when you are not a designer and you can't afford SquareSpace (nor should you use Squarespace because, despite SqSp marketing, a developer is required for simple changes). I am not a fan of Squarespace. So! Use Wix if WordPress is too big of a beast. :)

Pros

Wix is easy to use. It is a WYSIWYG CMS that handles everything from design to email campaigns to shopping carts. It features a number of different styles of photo galleries and offers a large range of word processor-style copy options (compared to Squarespace). Dragging padding is easy, searching for high-quality photos and videos (provided by Wix) is easy. Font options are plenty. Wix allows you to upload your own photos, which are stored in an image gallery for easy selection throughout the design process (Squarespace does not have an image gallery which means you have to upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it which is extremely slow and frustrating). Changes can be made per item per section allowing 100% customization (Squarespace applies changes globally and code is required for per-item changes). Wix is closer to WordPress than SquareSpace when it comes to being able to do whatever you want to do to get things exactly as you want them without using code. Wix uses plugins for added functionality (Squarespace does not have plugins available). For a beginner, Wix is a great CMS.

Cons

Wix is not WordPress. It is designed for beginners to make all of the basic things anyone needs as easy as drop and drag. But WordPress + Divi theme is the best choice if you aren't afraid of a little learning curve. Wix's shopping cart functionality is not powerful. I made a store with a few dozen choices that had a handful of options each. This crashed the cart. If you have a handful of items to sell, Wix would be fine. Otherwise, use Shopify.

Raven
  • Industry: Accounting

Honest Review

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Pros

[sensitive content hidden], chat support, walked me through every step and took his time explaining what to do. I am very tech savy but had DNS error. His service affirmed how user friendly the service is for all levels. Wix is very user friendly to create a site that can make a small business like mine look global. I recommend it all the time.

Cons

more discounts would be nice for repeat users or referrals

Ethan
Ethan
  • Industry: Design

Publically available web design platform with improved features

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Upon reevaluation of the Wix site, the features are much more rich and beneficial than once was when I got an account long ago. Their free website builder is actually substaintially better and has many more features, while their sites on a free level make it obvious to people that they use Wix until you upgrade, every other aspect of the site builder is reasonably sophisticated. I'd consider using this in the future and potentially port it through my own domain however I prefer Wordpress.

Pros

Low cost website curation provides templated website and many web administration services to customers thus enabling individuals, businesses, and "enterprises" to operate their own web platform. Design services seem like a built in to higher cost memberships. It seems their design platform, UI and integrative tools allow for smooth design builds, with easy front end design capabilities- allowing you to both use code and their design platform to code without it.

Cons

Honestly anyone with a level of web understanding and ability to do price comparison will likely realize that purchasing a domain and utilizing wordpress to design a site will cost them substantially less on almost all fronts. Any additional features WIX provides likely can be replaced by another means. At one point their free website availability was nice however they do much more to focus on paid subscription services that it negated their free website membership.

Mykia
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Shyne Your Light

Reviewed on 05/05/2024

Pros

I love that I can operate my business from an easy-to-use website platform.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet with Wix. I've used Wix for all my businesses. No e-commerce website platform is perfect, but Wix has been easier for me than any other.

Denise
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

User Friendly Website building

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Serves its purpose for small business website building

Serves its purpose for small business website building

Pros

Drag and drop options of building website

Cons

I did not use the scheduling and invoicing features as integrating to my existing platform was a bit difficult.

Sowe
  • Industry: Building Materials

Brilliant

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Pros

User friendly and very effiexient to use! Would recommended.

Cons

Nothing , does what it saids.
Very good for starter

Tiego
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Wix review

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Pros

I have been with wix for less than 6 months and i have been learning new things

Cons

Sometimes it is always legging and messing things up for you

Zee
Zee

If you need a quick website...

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pros

I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options.

One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more).

The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Cons

One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate.

It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I have used WordPress, Google Sites, Blogspot, Xanga, and Wix for websites and blog creation. I usually rely on WordPress for most of the personal tasks. However, for educational purposes with tight deadlines, Wix proved to be a good and simple to learn partner.
Sarah

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pros

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Cons

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I initially chose Wix due to the price. Once I started getting into the website design, I learned that Wix is MUCH easier to use than both alternative products. You really don't need to have any code or HTML knowledge and I can build the structure of a brand new exciting website in just a few minutes.
Michael

Great for a wide array of industries

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Cons

It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

GoDaddy was far more limited in terms of point and click site options for substantially more money.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The ease of use and professional designs are fantastic. I was able to do everything on my own without anything more than basic instruction.
Diogo
  • Industry: Photography

It helped me to build a pro looking website

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Pros

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Cons

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

Alboom Prosite

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Because I wanted a better looking website, more like a pro online home for my business.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Because, at the time I bought it, I didn't have any friends who used Alboom. But, since last year, I've switched to Alboom ProSite an am happy with the new product.
Matthew
Matthew

Great service for setting up a new website!

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

Overall, the ease of use and simple beauty of Wix is, for me, well worth the premium I pay. If I can pay a little extra to save a whole lot of time and headache, I do - and Wix lets me do exactly that.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use, especially with Wix's ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence). I have zero knowledge of web design, let alone design in and of itself. Using Wix's ADI I was able to make a gorgeous website for my company that continues to get compliments. It's very easy to update the website with new information, which is a must-have for me. I've rarely had issues with speed or usability - Wix just works.

Cons

Wix can be expensive. The price for ease of use seems to be higher premiums for what would be a given elsewhere - specifically, higher plans within their "website plans" tier only really offer marketing incentives (in my opinion) that expire after a year of use. Sure, you get more storage as well - but $5/mo just for an extra 10GB of storage (from Unlimited plan to Pro plan) seems a little steep, given that for $0.05 I could store the same amount on Backblaze B2 and use a Wordpress instance. In short, anything beyond the basic Combo plan seems obtusely overpriced. Moreover, every single time I enter Wix to edit my site, I feel I'm met with annoying advertisements to get a custom email, get a custom domain, etc. etc. which are just advertisements for services I already have elsewhere (though lately these have calmed down).

Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress, while powerful, is simply too much for a self-employed service-industry employee to manage. Wix is much easier.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix seemed just easier to use, and has continued being easy to use.
Amy
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

You may not need coding for wix but it's definitely complicated none the less

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Customer service and helpful assistance when having issues with your site is just not there I would not recommend this company to anyone!

Pros

I love the variety of templates you can choose from it makes initially setting up the website very easy keyword initially.

Cons

I felt there were a lot of hidden fees. By this I mean you think you're getting a good deal when you first try to set up your website however it is very basic and rudimentary for the basic deal and you have to get up into the most expensive deal for any kind of extras you may want any kind of extras!! By the time I was done with what I thought was a basic website I was at their highest level of payment this was extreme disappointment being I was trying to run a fundraising website for my service dog and his vet bills. Also when I went to transfer everything to another site it was found not to be able to be copied. It claims you can copy it to another site but when we contacted support nobody responded back when we had trouble with the SEO nobody responded back they were not helpful in any way when they did respond back because they would just tell us to read the FAQ which did not answer our question. Customer service is extremely lacking!

Charmaine
  • Industry: Automotive

Newbie Website

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

I like that it's an average fee, that I can use templates that are provided, it helps me solidify my ideas, instead of creating a template myself. I like that it's highly customizable, I can do whatever I want, and anytime, I can edit it on many devices. It's user-friendly to newbies like me, it's very easy to set up, and has so many templates to choose from, although I wish there could be more. for the price that I'm paying for, I'm happy with my website, it gives me so much freedom on my website. Most importantly, it's shareable with any social media platform that I'm using.

Pros

I like that it gives me a lot of freedom to edit my website. I can easily upload photos, clips, add boxes, connect links and there are a lot of templates, I was just wishing that there could be more templates on specific niches. It is very user-friendly, and even me, when I use it the first time as a student way back in college, I never know that it's that easy to make a website that I can even brand myself in there. Now, that I'm using it professionally it saves me so much time as templates are provided and it's easy to edit everything. It gives me ideas on what to do and how to do it, it's great and eases my mind that I don't have to waste so much time adding new products on my site.

Cons

It lets me edit phone and PC websites but I just hope instead of me doing both the work editing two of them, It's going to be much easier if I finished the PC website and if a customer uses their phone it can be just automatically done and adjust itself on the screen. I like perfecting my website but I know a lot of people are using phones more when shopping online or even browsing, so I still need to make the phone site beautifully. So it's just a double job because i want them to look a like but screensize is different.

Squarespace, Weebly and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I think my college experience gives me a lot of ideas on choosing Wix. It was just easy to use and I really don't have to be a website designer or developer to have my own website that gives me freedom as much as Wix is giving me right now.
Thomas
  • Industry: Entertainment

Wix: A great option for building your online website.

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

My overall experience with Wix has been a positive one. I have been able to put together a web page that truly embodies the spirit of my business and also manage all the details of my work in a streamlined manner that I haven't found anywhere else.

Pros

Wix offers a large variety of styles, services, and integrations in a way that is simple and more effective than its competitors. I love that I can manipulate my web page however I want and key features like bookings, event management, and detailed layouts help your work stand out from the rest and you don't need to be an expert in coding to do it. This software is very intuitive and user friendly in a space that can be very overwhelming.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is the lack of flexibility when it comes to website resizing. With webpages being viewed on a variety of screen sizes, it would be amazing to be able to manage page and text breakpoints within Wix without having to switch to EditorX. Which is another editor a part of Wix but more expensive.

WordPress and Squarespace

More customizable features.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix offered competitive pricing for the features it delivers that alternative products lacked.
Charles

Simple and easy to setup and use for small businesses

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

I have built sites using about every WYSIWYG tool on the market. My go-to is actually Wordpress but I've found that can be a bit cumbersome for really small companies. That one person or 5 person company doesn't need the maintenance headache of a big extensible website. Get something out the door so customers can find you in a day or three is way better than hiring a consultant and putting a lot of time and effort. At least until product-market fit has been identified. The templates in Wix do half the work for us and moving objects around on the screen is easy! It's a great buy for the money.

Pros

I like how simple it is to buy a domain, design a logo, build a quick site, and be selling goods or services or have a nicely SEO-optimized site in minutes or hours rather than days or years. They have graphics that are simple to drag and drop, forms are easy, even booking appointments isn't that difficult. For a basic website, there are few tools on the market that make it as easy!

Cons

Form builders, embedding content, and adding more customizable slide shows without making them seem hard could be better. Also, moving from the really easy stuff to slightly more customizable stuff seems scarier than it needs to be when prompted that once you allow full customization that we can't go back. That's not a big deal at all (still no HTML required).

Utkarsh

You don't need a Website Coder if you choose Wix

Reviewed on 10/07/2022

I have built around 5-6 websites on wix and i can assure it being the best choice because, i am no code writer or website designer, but because wix has a very user friendly drag drop experience, it is so simple to use and operate.

Pros

The ease at which you can build a website using wix is phenomenal. The drag drop functionality is what defines wix and makes it accessible to a common person to design a website as per his own requirements. Additionally, all the add ons are spot on !! Design is good too, but more options would always be better. Features like media upload, enquiry tabs and instant chat are great add ons too.

Cons

The first thing wix needs to fix is the conversation of website from desktop to mobile version. When you build a desktop site, the mobile site is completely messed up and is as good as making the site again while editing the mobile version.

Geoffrey

The World’s Leading Brand.

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

I love Wix because it is a simple to use website tool. The user interface is friendly, familiar and intuitive. I can use it for the most simple tasks, like adding a video or photo to my website, or for more complex tasks like adding an interactive map or a new feature. Therefore, I am able to get the job done quickly and easily. With Wix, I know that clients have no way of fixing issues with my sites once I send them off to them as generated from Wix because it automatically creates a backup. There are very few drawbacks like what other companies experience when using this program.

Pros

I liked the fact that there is an easy-to-use and intuitive interface. It's quick and easy to fill out all my information, makes it super easy for me to create a beautiful website without having to worry about technical difficulties. I don't have to worry about going out of business because the software we use encourages us to get our promotions out there.

Cons

The best thing about Wix is that it is easy to use and has a variety of available templates. I like having a lot of options, but sometimes too many features can be difficult to navigate. One feature that I really loved using was the ability to create unique pages, but it was lost when I upgraded my membership package. The least favorite thing about this software is that it lacks social media integration.

jose manuel
jose manuel
  • Industry: Entertainment

Building Websites with WIX - A Walk in the Park!

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

As a user of WIX, I can say that my overall experience has been exceptional. Building a website with WIX is easy and enjoyable, thanks to the platform's intuitive drag-and-drop interface and extensive selection of customizable templates. Additionally, WIX's seamless integration with third-party services makes it a one-stop-shop for all of my website needs. Overall, I highly recommend WIX for anyone looking to create a professional-looking website without any prior technical knowledge.

Pros

WIX is an exceptional website builder that offers an array of features that make website building a breeze. The most impactful features of WIX are its user-friendly interface and its flexibility in design. With WIX, you don't need any prior technical knowledge to create a website as the drag-and-drop feature makes website building easy and intuitive. Additionally, the WIX App Market provides a host of plugins and apps that can be easily integrated into your website, providing additional functionality and enhancing the user experience.In terms of usability, WIX is a standout product. The platform is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple for anyone to use, regardless of technical expertise. Moreover, WIX offers a vast selection of pre-designed templates, which you can easily customize to suit your brand and style, making it a perfect choice for businesses of any size.As far as integration with existing business processes is concerned, WIX offers a seamless integration with third-party services and applications. Whether you want to integrate a payment gateway or an email marketing tool, WIX has got you covered. The platform's flexible design also allows for easy integration with other systems, which makes the transition to WIX an easy process for any business.Overall, I highly recommend WIX for anyone looking to create a website quickly and efficiently, whether you're a small business owner or an individual looking to establish an online presence.

Cons

One potential downside of WIX is that the platform's drag-and-drop interface can feel limiting for users who want to customize their websites extensively. While the platform is incredibly flexible, those who require advanced design features may find WIX to be less than ideal. However, for the vast majority of users, WIX's ease-of-use and powerful features make it an excellent choice for building a professional-looking website.

Derek
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Wix is better than Word Press and HTML www.dcsleds.com

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

I always tell everyone that they should use Wix as opposed to HTML or Word Press. The cool thing is that Wix can use HTML. I had a very old website that was built on HTML and all I wanted to do was transfer that site to Wix. I shopped around to see what it would cost to transfer the files. 300 to 700 dollars. I gambled and just highlighted the HTML files and went into Wix and Wix has a HTML button to add the files on your website. I did it all in less than 5 minutes. I saved hundreds of dollars. And I saved time.

Pros

The ease of use for someone on my level. I'm a robotics engineer. And I teach robotics on a college level. So programming is not a big issue for me. I think Wix should add their own version of Chat GPT. Maybe you already have it, and I don't know how to apply it. If so, please email me on how to use it.

Cons

I don't mind using the Wix bots. But there are certain questions your bot would not be able to answer.But the way Wix moved me to a real person was great.

WordPress and Word to HTML

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I've been using Wix for years and I understand how Wix works. I wanted all of my sites to be under one platform.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I've been using Wix for many years.
Howard

Expert's point of view to Wix Website Builder

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Pros

Being an expert in the web building niche, I have reviewed and tested dozens of website builders. This allows me to offers you the unbiased Wix review, providing the most substantial pros and cons of the system that can affect the website creation process as well as the result. My experience allows me to state that Wix is definitely the service, which is worth the attention of all users, with no exception at all. It is equally understandable to newbies and web design pros, which is explained by the intuitive nature, simplicity and variety of features the system unveils to ensure the unsurpassed web building experience. Wix has grown in popularity during the recent years - just have a look around to see how many websites have been created with it lately! The platform has won worldwide recognition, having replaced dozens of web design tools, which were popular before. Its customer base has exceeded 120 millions of users from around 200 countries of the world and it still keeps growing, which is another proof of the system’s usability, professionalism and quality. It is absolutely great for average users willing to launch decent websites for commercial or non-commercial use!

Wix is a universal WYSIWYG website builder, which allows creating different types of websites in a quick and hassle-free way. Wix is based on the SaaS platform, which allows users to create and manage their websites from any mobile device. A convenient drag-and-drop website editor makes it possible to add the blocks and adjust their positions to give a website the required design. No web design or coding skills are needed to do that - so intuitive, simple and user-friendly the system is.

Wix Editor and Wix ADI

Wix allows creating websites in two different ways depending upon the skills and knowledge of a user. Wix Editor is a standard option that offers an opportunity to select and customize a template that comes up to your needs most of all. Wix ADI is an advanced tool, which ensures smooth and intuitive web building process. What you have to do is to provide the info about your company and the system will automatically generate a website for you.

Mobile-Optimized Template Gallery

Wix has an extensive gallery of niche-specific mobile-optimized templates. The system also offers a set of advanced design customization tools that make it possible to give your website the preferred look and functionality. It is also possible to access Wix App Market here to choose between dozens of free and paid applications that can be integrated into your website to ensure stunning website performance.

Blogging and eCommerce Features

Apart from creating standard websites, Wix can be used as a blogging and eCommerce platform. This unveils lots of new opportunities to users, who intend to establish their own web-based businesses.

Affordable Pricing Policy

Wix pricing policy is worth the attention as well. It has a free unlimited plan, the functionality of which is enough to test all the features of the system and five paid plans with diverse functionality that may cover all the web building needs.

Cons

No Template Change Option

Wix doesn't allow changing the template on the go. Once you have chosen a theme to start your website with, you'll have to keep working with it. Otherwise, all the submitted content will be lost. This is a drawback for most inexperienced users, but it’s possible to avoid the problem by making the right choice.

Doubtful Connect Domain Plan

The Connect Domain Plan allows connecting a domain name to your website, but it does not remove the system ad from it. Thus, there is no need to invest into this plan. Instead, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the higher plans that come with no ads included.

These are only a few wix disadvantages, which, however, are not that crucial and can’t overwhelm the benefits of the system. As of today, Wix is, undoubtedly, the leader in the web design niche, which doesn’t have any similar rivals to compete with.

Dave
Dave
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Bad for e-commerce. Good for simple marketing websites.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

For years we've built websites for clients (and ourselves) on Wix and mostly have liked it as an easy-to-use website builder. It's only now that we tried to set up an e-commerce store and process payments that I've come to realize that there is no support, no follow-up and no one really cares if your money is sitting in their bank account instead of yours. It's deeply soured me on the whole company - although it's probably just that their e-commerce/payments group is incompetent.

Anyway - save yourself a lot of stress and don't use Wix Payments. We set up a store for a client on Shopify and while it's more expensive we've had no issues like this and gotten prompt support for the only payment issue we ever had there.

Pros

Visual design interface is simple to learn, has good templates, is flexible and easy to design a great looking page in. Far more design flexibility than Squarespace.

Also like that forms, pop-ups and other items like that which cost extra in Shopify are free in Wix. A great platform for businesses that need an informational website.

Cons

Wix Payments is a nightmare. I set up an ecommerce store for one business in Wix where we'd already built a brochure site and after getting over $9k in credit card transactions Wix is unable (a month and a half later) to send the money to the bank. Support is non-existent. I've explained the situation to 6 different people, never gotten a phone call with anyone and the money is still in Wix instead of transferred.

The ecommerce store itself is pretty limited too. All in all I deeply regret not using Shopify or Big Commerce - or at the very least setting up my own payment gateway through Stripe/Square instead of trusting Wix with payments.