Showing 83 reviews of 73

Showing 83 reviews of 73
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LearnUpon Customer Experience

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Good software, but too expensive for our business

Pros

It is fairly easy to brand and has lots of sensible tools for engaging with your client base

Cons

I needed to be talked through a lot of the tools. The online help & support is okay, but quite difficult to understand

Bridget D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Responsive Support and All the Features We Need

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

LearnUpon was the right fit for our company's needs, the size of our organization, and the certifications we offer.

Pros

What I like most about LearnUpon is that it is a stable product.

Cons

Learning paths in LearnUpon are a bit cumbersome.

Chris J.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month.

Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros

It always works; servers do not go down.

Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control.

24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on.

When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows.

The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software.

In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons

Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day.

Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs.

They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

Richard L.

LearnUpon is easy to use as an admin and easy to imp0lement

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Easiest LMS I have used to implement and manage.

Pros

I tested several LMS' based on my requirements. The main thing I wanted to see if I could setup content and courses in each without having to dig into the user guide. I found once I figured out were to go for what I wanted to do the setup was easy.

The SAML SSO integration was fairly easy and support was very attentive.

Our Customer Success Specialist has been very helpful and provided a great plan for us to get started. I should have taken advantage of this resource more.

They are in Ireland and we are in California, but you would never even know that when you contact support, they have been very responsive. Even if they did not have the answer they got back quickly to let me know they would get the answer.

Cons

The SSO Integrations was easy, but we are seeing issues with the enrollments not properly being assigned. It is hard to diagnose if this is from our end or LU.

I have noticed a few issues where users are enrolled in learning paths or courses and their dashboard will not display the content.

When you make updates to content (videos or assessments) I have seen a few occasions when the user is supposed to have to re-take the test or course and they cannot. Essentially they are stuck. In fairness, the setup I did caused this issue, but when it was adjusted they were still stuck.

Reports are limited. I really need a monthly Users report, but it does not reside in reports. I have to actually export the Users list, then user Excel to sort and filter. I feel this should be this cannot be a simple automated report.

Nathan M.

A Great Partner

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

I would wholeheartedly recommend Learnupon as an LMS. They are a cost-effective and customer-responsive company with an excellent product.

Pros

There are two benefits to working with Learnupon. The first is the LMS itself. It is easy to use, has a number of very helpful automated features which save me time and effort, and it integrates well with my authored content. The second benefit is the Learnupon staff. They are available when needed and if there are any problems they quickly follow-up and get my problems taken care of.

Cons

One frustrating thing with any LMS is integration with authored content (e.g. storyline). With authored content sometimes you don't know why things aren't working. Early in my e-learning career, I had a lot of problems getting my authored content to work properly on Learnupon. With some help and coaching from Learnupon, I found that it was mostly the way I was building my projects and, with some restructuring, things are now working great. Learnupon has helped me work through my own learning curve.

Danny A.

AWESOME SAUCE

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

AWESOME SAUCE

Pros

LearnUpon is great in almost every aspect. Very user friendly and easy to work with. All the employees i have worked with are incredible people and i look at as friends now.

Cons

Only thing i would change that they have not done all ready is make the course creator a little more robust.

Charles C.

A constantly evolving simple and cost effective LMS with a second to none support team

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

After reviewing three alternative LMS systems and chatting to each provider LearnUpon stood out from the crowd immediately.

LearnUpon is simple to use, quick to configure, highly cost effective and scalable to your business needs, you can tailor your subscription level up or down with the needs of the business.

Another element I liked about LearnUpon is the constant development and openness to embrace customer feedback to improve the product towards the customers needs.

LearnUpon really is a fantastic product and I would recommend it to anyone - before our journey in finding an LMS provider I had no knowledge or expertise in training and now feel competent in the knowledge, support and experience LearnUpon has brought to us here at THMG.

Brendan provided a fantastic overview and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions before we agreed to run a trial.

Even throughout our trial period Brendan and the LearnUpon team couldn't do enough and the quality, support and level of customer service really is unbeatable and like nothing I have experienced before.

Thanks Team LearnUpon!

Easy Set-Up and User Friendly

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Great organization and we are very happy with our decision!

Pros

The set-up for LearnUpon is amazing. We converted over from an older LMS in less than a month and were up and live for our users. The interface is also very easy to use and I've taught several others in my office how to use some of the administrative features.

Cons

My only wish is that you could change the look and feel of the way courses display in a list. They display great I just wish after a while we could switch it up to be a tiled view.

Ryan C.

LearnUpon has been wonderful to work with and use!

Reviewed on 28/05/2015

We have been using LearnUpon for about 2 years now and I do not have one negative thing to say about the company or the platform. It is extremely easy to use and navigate, and some of the features just surpass what other comparable LMS systems are doing. Working in the leadership coaching field, we deal a lot with customer relations, and LearnUpon has been nothing but a revelation to work with. They are quick to answer questions and get you the help you need, as well as constantly updating and improving the system based on what their customers are looking for and submitting to them. I would recommend LearnUpon to anyone looking for an LMS system.

Lynette B.

Outstanding Learning Management System

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

LearnUpon has been our LMS for the past two years. There are many LMS choices on the market and deciding which system to select is never easy, but we simply couldn't have made a better choice when we selected LearnUpon. Navigating in the system is intuitive at all levels (student, instructor, and administrator). The system is reliable, flexible, and convenient .... and the LearnUpon staff delivers the highest quality of support and service! LearnUpon designs their courses and delivers service to ensure their customers' success. You simply couldn't ask for a better LMS partner and product!

Debra M.

Opening the Door to a New Portal...

Reviewed on 07/03/2016

I like that LearnUpon is a robust student-centric LMS. It gives students the ability to download content, manage their learning modules and ultimately print a Certificate. On the Admin side, it is powerful too. In some ways, it's a lot like Word Mail Merge. There are lots of {fields} which show up in email notifications, certificates and reports. There is a learning curve and there are oodles of features which can be enabled or disabled. I have learned a lot from both the Support Team and the Knowledge Base. Thanks to all!

Rachel M.

Perfect for the Technophobe!

Reviewed on 17/06/2016

Pros

Easy to use with a very comprehensive help guide that talks you through everything you need to set up. The technical support offered by LearnUpon is second to none - very quick responses and friendly staff.

Cons

It would be great to be able to change the front dashboard screen to put a training calendar on there or other notifications

Jess S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to train

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

Learn Upon is a software that I would recommend for training a team of individuals in a way that is tailored to their schedules.

Tatum B.

Easy to use and presents our courses in a very professional way.

Reviewed on 08/06/2015

All pros! The customer service stands out the most. Phily, Ian & Lisa have always answered or fixed anything so quickly. We couldn't be happier.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Sports

Wonderful product and customer service

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

We have a LOT of users that access our certification courses in LearnUpon. Some days we have over 1000 users logging in. This was a big undertaking for our company to switch our LMS provider. To be honest, the implementation and subsequent usage of LearnUpon could not have gone smoother due to the customer service response and the step by step collaboration they provided for us. This was a very seamless and efficient experience for USA Football.

Pros

The best part of this software is the customer service. I have used several LMS products in my career and, while LearnUpon is very user friendly and has many helpful options, the learning curve for implementation and use was made very easy with the customer support team.

Cons

The parts that were least likable about this software was perhaps the limited ability to change default settings. However, it appears that LearnUpon has taken this into account and are now working on some updates to the software that better align with our needs.

Thomas S.

Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros

I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons

At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent LMS!

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

This is perhaps the best experience I've ever had with a new product roll out. The customer service is leaps and bounds over any other company I've ever worked with.

Pros

We love the ease of use and the clean UI. It was really simple to jump in and start setting up our portal and when we got hung up they offer tons of resources to help you out. On the off chance that I couldn't find the answer, the LU team has always quickly answered me and I don't believe I've waited over a few hours for an answer from them.

Cons

The certificates are a little wonky, but I've been assured they are working on an update for this feature.

Kariann D.

User-friendly

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Pros

The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons

There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

Lindsay M.

LearnUpon LMS.......No need to look any further!!!

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been absolutely wonderful! And, I'm not just saying this.......my statement is based on 4+ years using the software. Solid, reliable, user-friendly software, a team that truly listens to their customers and makes changes based on that listening, and excellent customer service. I can't ask for much more than that! Signing up with LearnUpon is a no-brainer. If you're wavering, don't! You'll be in good hands!

Pros

LearnUpon as a software and company is top notch! The software meets all of our needs and then some. And, to make things even better their customer service is fantastic (think Ritz Carlton customer service). If LearnUpon checks all your boxes and will meet your needs, then go with them! You won't be disappointed.

Cons

The thing I liked (past tense) least is the customer experience when a customer had a login in on another portal in the larger LearnUpon ecosystem and then would sign up for our courses. However, I provided feedback to LearnUpon and they implemented an upgrade to fix this. Wow!! Top notch customer service coupled with a great software! The company listens to their customers and responds, implementing upgrades to meet their LearnUpon users needs. This has happened multiple times to me :) Kuddos to LearnUpon!

David E.

Learn Upon - the best LMS for training providers

Reviewed on 17/05/2013

100% recommended.

I really can't speak highly enough. For our education clients to be using this rather than their own moodle environment speaks volumes to me.

Can't recommend it enough

Pros

It is designed for training providers who on-sell both training and managed services to their clients. Many of the features that make this possible are chargeable extras on most LMS platforms are free and built in on LearnUpon. Publishing courses couldn't be easier and adding documents to the course player has been more stable for us than using the functionality within Articulate.

We have Universities and a Local Authority that has migrated learning over to our LearnUpon platform so and they are absolutely delighted

The quality of customer support is outstanding

The frequency of well thought out updates is also impressive. These guys have great vision and really savvy technical skills.

The ability to add custom data fields for mass importing saves so much time as we can sync reports with our customers standard systems.

I have used dozens of LMS systems and this is the best by a country mile.

Cons

None as yet

I would like to see standardised API outputs and I know that this is on the development plan for 2-13

Kayla C.

LMS Extraordinare!

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

LearnUpon has allowed us to provide options for ILT sessions, taking administration off of the learning team to focus on strategy and design. In addition, LearnUpon puts learning in the hands of the learner!

Pros

This learning system allows for a lot of flexibility in the way it is designed. You are able to setup eLearning, webinars, videos, readings, podcasts / audio, ILT sessions and more! I think the functionality is still growing, but will be maintained in that only relevant features that we need will be added. The LearnUpon team has a great roadmap for development that clearly is based on customer needs for social learning. I think this modern LMS is a strong tool for those interested in implementing an LMS to support their learners' needs.

Cons

Although the menus are easy to get used to, it is not immediately simple to find for new users. Setting up management reporting relationships can be difficult in this system.

James W.

LearnUpon is a great company to do business with

Reviewed on 01/12/2014

LearnUpon is a great company to do business with. They are very responsive to our needs. We had an issue where we had to import several hundred questions into their LMS. They built a custom solution for us that saved us hundreds of man-hours. They also built a custom report that allowed us to import LearnUpon score data into our CRM database. The customer service is outstanding. Whenever I submitted a trouble ticket I usually had a response the same day. The people at LearnUpon made our transition to their LMS problem free.
The LearnUpon LMS is pretty robust. The biggest pro here is that it is easy to create content. Uploading pdf files, powerpoint presentations, and videos is a snap and the editor is quite powerful. You have a lot of freedom to determine how your content is presented. The only con with this LMS is the way the User Interface, UI, handles disabled features. If you don't have a feature enabled then all the functionality for that feature disappears from the UI. This simplifies the UI somewhat, but it can cause some confusion when a user wants to do something and the feature has disappeared.
As far as the overall impression of the LMS the pros far out weigh the cons. This is a very powerful, and easy to use LMS system. The people at LearnUpon have been willing to work with us to solve our urgent LMS business needs. They have been tremendous asset for us.

Ewa K.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy to use & flexible to implement across multi-functional company

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Uniformity of training across all business units - same message and materials are delivered to all learners at the same time

Pros

LearnUpon is very intuitive for both administrator and the learner.
It provides great options for providing training/learning materials without being overwheliming with bells and whitles.

Cons

Many options that I have not been able to explore and use!
It is not a con... I need more time to learn about LU to its fullest capacity.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use, easy to administer, regardless of the size of employee base.

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Quick and easy administration and reporting. LearnUpon also appear to welcome and act upon client feedback and improve their product accordingly.

Pros

The dashboard! I love when an online resource that has lots of functionality provides a dashboard with quick and easy links to the tasks that you typically perform the most. We currently only use a relatively small amount of LearnUpon's functionality so it's great not to have to trawl through all the admin settings to get things done. The reporting is also very useful and easy to navigate.

Cons

I honestly don't have any major issues with the software. In terms of categorising users, I'd like to be able to archive users so I can only see active employees, but I understand why the software presents all users initially.