M. wayne T.

Easy and Efficient Case Management

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros

From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons

The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

Joseph F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

MyCase is the great equalizer

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

I think MyCase is wonderful. I love its presentation, very cheerful. But it covers all your bases as a lawyer. It is a powerful tool. I would be lost without it.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is comprehensive in scope. It allows small law firms to have a 'big law firm' systems without the big fees.

Cons

When sending a message to another party via MyCase one is unable to click on another MyCase tab, like the calendar for example, without losing what you have typed. (But knowing MyCase they will fix this--they are quick to respond to new ideas for implementation)

Jeffrey J.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Maybe the best bang for your buck. Which is ok for a hamburger

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

It is a great software for the price. However, when it comes to software, it should either be right or it is wrong. This is not like a hamburger where a McDonald's hamburger is great for the price. For law, you need a steak burger.

Pros

The software does the billing and case management ok. The price point is very good for this product. The customer support is one of the best I have experienced. They are constantly making improvements to the software. Calendaring software works well.
The payment of invoices is seamless. This works perfectly.

Cons

The software lacks a few features. For example, you have to manually bill each and every client. Also, if you have over 100 clients, then I am not sure how you keep track of invoicing them. Here are a few basic items that I think are important but are lacking: You can not set a minimum balance for a client that automatically goes on the bill. You cannot apply payments to one particular case. It gets applied to the client, not the case. Money is paid or requested by client. So, a client with multiple cases, is an issue.

Drafting of documents is horrible. It controls fonts and layouts and is just bad. I use it to merge and then use Word to fix it up.

Margy W.
  • Industry: Legal Services

This software is AMAZING. Yes, AMAZING.

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

MyCase has helped streamline the law practice that I help to manage. It's usability and features have made my life easier, and have made my management of case and client files more consistent, both front and back. Clients all receive the same level of excellent care, and I feel good knowing that by applying my workflows, I'm not missing anything. MyCase task management features are completely worth the cost of the software, even if that was all I was going to use it for. I cannot stress enough how awesome the task management is. I'm so obsessed that I literally ran out of characters above.

I also want to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT to MyCase's support team. I have had lengthy conversations with them about various issues that have come up on my end (generally not glitches, but requests I have for making MyCase more disability-accessible, etc.) and the team has never let me down. Everyone I have had the pleasure of working with has been friendly, professional, funny, kind, and knowledgeable. They take good care of me and I can see from updates that they are always working to improve the user experience. I am just SO PLEASED with MyCase. I am a convert and sing its praises to anyone who will listen (and often to those who won't!).

Pros

I am a huge fan of MyCase. Let me tell you why:
1. MyCase is extremely navigable. It is easy to understand and use. In a world where many attorneys are afraid of technology and change, that is really useful.
2. MyCase has a feature on every page view called "add an item." Unlike competitors, it ACTUALLY allows you to add any item whatsoever (notes, calendar entries, new files, contacts - you name it, it can be done), link it to people or cases, and perform ALL NECESSARY TASKS/FUNCTIONS from basically one screen view. That means, for instance, I can manage most case files without having to actually toggle through each file, saving me loads of time and energy.
3. MyCase has the best workflow management feature I have found to date. First and foremost, MyCase allows for the SIMPLE, INTUITIVE, QUICK creation of a workflow. Within that workflow, it allows you to edit tasks and add subtasks within tasks (BRILLIANT, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE DO THAT???). I cannot stress this enough - subtasks are necessary, they are useful, and I would die without them. Or at least my pristine file management would.
4. MyCase saves mouseclicks. I cannot express to you, the reader, how important this is over time. I don't want to have to click on a search bar, then click on a case, then wait for the case to load, then click notes, then click add a note, then add my note and click done, and then click something else and something else and something else. SOLID APP. I have run out of characters!

Cons

There isn't much that I hate about MyCase, if anything.
1. My MOST IMPORTANT request has always been that, once a workflow is created, we are given the opportunity to REORDER tasks within the workflow (not just subtasks). If this were provided to me, I'm pretty sure every single request I have ever made (and there are a LOT of them) would have been addressed.
2. My second request would be for the phone app (at least on iOS) to be a little more robust and similar to the web-based version. My current workaround is just logging in on my mobile browser, but it's a little cumbersome. It saves me in a pinch when I need it, but otherwise I tend to avoid using MyCase on the go.
3. Oh, one final thing - MyCase performs maintenance on Tuesdays at 10PM (Pacific), which is a prime time for me to be working, so that sometimes cuts into my productivity. However, I totally get why they have to - that's 1AM on the east coast and they need to be done by the time the east is waking up and working. So, I always try to take the "oops, MyCase is no longer available" as a sign that I should stop working.

Jill G.

Paperless functionality

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

Pros

I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

Cons

It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

Grace S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros

--I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere;
--my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office
--it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons

--the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time
--the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case
--the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

Response from MyCase

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to report that there is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

Michelle D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Robust program that keeps improving

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

I've used MyCase since mid-2012 and it keeps getting better. It has helped me be able to grow from a solo practice into a multi-attorney boutique firm. They are constantly adding and improving features, and actively seek customer feedback to provide features that users want. As a business owner, the impact it has had on clients paying on time is tremendous. Clients have a very positive view as well - they love being able to log in at any time of day to get updates, post documents or leave notes for us. Cannot say enough good things about MyCase.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment......

Erika L.

Great product

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Mycase provides our clients control and open access to all aspects of their case. It has helped streamline communication, document signing and invoicing. It was easy to set up and continues to be updated with new features that help our practice run smoothly. Highly recommend for a small firm that does not/cannot invest thousands up front in case management software.

Pros

Quick and easy to set up. If you can navigate facebook or social media, you can navigate mycase. Client's ability to have secure access to their electronic file, all appointments, court dates etc. cuts down on calls/emails asking for documents or to confirm when an appointment is leaving staff time open for more meaningful (and billable) work. Interface allows clients to upload their own documents to the file as well. Invoicing, tracking tools for billable hour goals, online payments and easy to create reports brings valuable information to the firm. Also love that they are constantly updating features based on user feedback. For example - we have the ability to text message with clients now, which is a great way to communicate with those client's who wouldn't otherwise use email etc.

Cons

Some of the integration features we are not using. I prefer to keep my quickbooks separate for example. Some of the clients have brought concerns about being able to access from a mobile device. The app for users needs some updating as not all features are available or user friendly.

Rachael A.

4 Years and Counting...

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Legal problems in family law and mediation.

Pros

What I like most are the E-signature and web payment.

Cons

MyCase continues to improve its software and has been very useful and effective in the legal industry. What I like the least is the 'workflow' - most likely because I don't understand how to use it yet. I prefer to open a new case, set the workflow, and it automatically checks the box on what needs to be done next.

Response from MyCase

Hello Rachael, thank you for sharing your review! It is great to hear how MyCase has increased your client retention for an affordable price. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected] with any questions or feedback regarding Workflows. We appreciate your continued partnership and feedback!

Bridget t. S.

I absolutely love MyCase. Ease of use and excellent customer service make it a must-use for...

Reviewed on 05/02/2018

Pros

I love the timekeeper, the ability to start several timers at once, and the ease with which you can enter narratives for each time entry. Making invoices is super easy as well, and you can even (I just learned this) add your firm's logo to your invoices. The invoices look very professional, and are easy to edit and amend as needed. There is a "no charge" function for time entries you decide to write off for clients. You can also share invoices via the client portal if you'd like. I am just exploring some of the other features of MyCase, such as the task list, the calendar, and using MyCase to keep track of marketing and contacts.

Cons

I'd like to be able to view detailed time entries with narratives before creating an invoice. Maybe this exists? Right now, I create an invoice, print it out, decide what changes I want to make, then go back into the invoice and edit it.

Response from MyCase

Thank you, Bridget, for your thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that you are saving time with MyCase and finding value in new features. Also, you can now run a detailed Case Time & Expense Report and view more details on your Time Entries before creating an invoice. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback. We look forward to our continued partnership.

Mary ellen L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I would be lost without MyCase!

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

This software has allowed me to keep in constant contact with clients as well as better organization of files and time utilized in each. In addition it has allowed me to be prompt with billing and has give our clients a vast array of ways to pay for their services as well as interact with our office.

Pros

I absolutely love that you can interact with your client daily - updating his/her file within seconds. It is convenient to have past cases, documents, invoices accessible at the touch of a key. I also think the report feature is a great feature. This site has made my job so much easier.

Cons

My only "gripes" per se would be that you cannot enter a reoccurring meeting in the calendar. Instead you have to do so individually even if every Wednesday at 9am you have the same meeting. I would love to see this feature implemented. I would also like to see the "closed cases" appointments remain on the calendar, even if they turn a different color to clarify instead of them being removed.

Response from MyCase

Hi Mary, thank you for taking the time to review! We are pleased to share that MyCase has added the recurring events function. This new feature allows you to manage daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calendar events without entering information for each individual date. We encourage you to keep updating the app as we continue to add new features.

Kari H.

Love it!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Pros

It has streamlined communication between the office and clients. Our clients love the ease of accessing messaging, documents and calendaring. It has made practice and managing our clients and information so much easier. The customer service is exceptional. We do not hesitate to point out changes that we would like to see (either something that does not work or a feature that we would like to see added). It is clear that they are listening because it is not uncommon for us to see some of our feedback result in some change down the line. I cannot say enough positive things about the program.

Cons

I really have nothing to add here. Any time we have an issue with the program or there is something that does not function appropriately, we reach out to customer service and they are quick to help walk us through a solution or we see the solution come in an update at some point down the road.

Response from MyCase

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Kari! We are always striving to learn from out customers and provide meaningful feature updates, and it's great to hear that MyCase has helped streamline communication within your firm. We look forward to our continued partnership!

John F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

You will not be disappointed

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

We have been very happy with MyCase and are now on year 7 with the product. We are able to generate documents, track and collect payments, and correspond in numerous ways directly with our clients. It has greatly improved the productivity of our small firm.

Pros

The efforts to fully integrate MyCase with other platforms and the continued efforts of the MyCase staff to provide more functions at the request of its users is the thing I enjoy most about MyCase. It is definitely not a static product.

Cons

The thing liked the least is there is a bit of a learning curve on some functions.

Lauren T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great program - hope they keep developing

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Very good program and excellent customer support

Pros

Easy to use and everything I need is in one place!

Cons

I am worried that quality will decline after the recent buyout

Response from MyCase

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that MyCase has been the best all-in-one solution for your firm. We want to assure you that MyCase remains as strongly committed to our customers as ever. Listening to, and partnering with, our customers is deeply embedded in our company culture and remains a guiding principle for MyCase. You can expect the same level of service and ongoing product improvements we've always provided.

Christopher S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Mycase has definitely made my practice more efficient and less stressful and the clients love...

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Pros

I like the fact that clients get virtually real-time updates on their cases through the email notices from mycase which makes them feel more involved even though I end up spending less time communicating with them myself. They can sign into their case file anytime of the day and night to review the latest filings and documents and they are notified every time I calendar a new event, which really cuts down on the unnecessary calls requesting updates when you would rather be working! In addition, I can tell how often each clients looks at their case and what they look at, which gives me a good idea of how motivated they are or whether they are following my instructions to review certain documents or complete certain tasks. I also like the secure encrypted message system but it seems to be the hardest feature to get the client to use with any regularity.

Cons

So far, unless I am missing something, I think the most aggravating thing about the software is the lack of a spellchecker for the client message system.

Paul O.

Best Case Management Software

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great service with knowledgeable staff, very responsive and follow up

Pros

We tried various case management software over the last few decades. ABA membership discount makes the cost even more attractive. Ease of securely exchanging documents with clients, witnesses and other counsel is a huge plus. Dashboard is easy to use to directly reach a particular feature. Timekeeper module is flawless.

Cons

Remote access from my phone could be better.

Jennifer T.

Excellent Case management

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

I love Mycase and they continue to improve monthly.

Pros

I love the layers of management from communication to billing.

Cons

I wish more developed with retainers and could cross track missing time.

Jennifer A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent product for small practice

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Overall, this has had the biggest impact on billing and getting bills paid.

Pros

I like the fact that I can enter time directly to a file and create and share an invoice with a client at any time with a few clicks. Really like that clients can pay online. The client portal is great for sharing documents and more secure than email.

I have not utilized it as much as I could for workflows/deadlines, but we are constantly improving on that.

Cons

The biggest issue is the tasks - they will appear on my calendar but do not state the case, so I need to go back to MyCase to figure out what case has a deadline. Not a huge deal but this should be easier.

Shawn T.

MyCase is vital to my mobile and technologically driven law practice

Reviewed on 04/03/2014

There are several features that make MyCase vital to my law practice:

(1) Convenience and intuitive design for my team and for my clients. MyCase is an interactive platform where not only my legal team has access, but our clients also login to the system and have access through their own portal. Because of this, it is important that it be as hassle-free as possible for our clients to access and use MyCase, as well as our own team.

(2) Accessibility across any device, either through apps or the web-based portal. Our firm is a hybrid of a "traditional" brick and mortar law firm with an actual office but our systems are built around the sophistication, flexibility, and mobility of a virtual law firm. This means we are mobile and I try to be mobile a lot, often spending more time at clients' offices than at my own. MyCase's flexibility permits me to keep track of my activities regardless of where I am working and allows me to keep extremely accurate time records because I can enter them at the time the work is being performed. Of equal importance, this also allows me to be able to review my clients' invoices and work-in-progress at any time it is requested, from anywhere.

(3) The security features of the platform. One of the primary focuses of my practice is on information security, computer fraud, and data breaches which makes MyCase very helpful because of its focus on security. It provides me with a secure way to share documents with clients that does not involve unsecure email, and it also keeps the records of my case billings secure.

(4) The most important feature of MyCase isn't really a feature at all -- it's a culture. The MyCase team has always been very receptive to my feedback and I have made several requests for additional features and functionality. Just about every feature request I've made has been implemented. They've always been responsive and the company is constantly updating the platform and growing.

Kristen H.

Great for small firms

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I have made a couple suggestions to improve the software and both changes have been made. Their customer support is outstanding. The online intake form makes it easier for me to streamline the paper in my office.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Customer support is very responsive and they are always making updates to improve the product. As a solo firm this program has been a great fit and very affordable. I also enjoy being able to easily switch between accounts for firms I work with consistently.

Cons

At first I didn't like that I couldn't take time of service payments in office but that feature has now been added

Robin S.

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Timekeeping and invoicing.

Pros

Can't say just one - 2 things I love - First the timekeeping - which is invaluable. Been practicing law for more than 25 years so I have tried many methods. This is the best yet. Also, I like that I can open a case for each matter and create invoices for each matter. This helps when you have one client that has multiple matters and wants each billed individually.

Cons

Don't like the word processing tool. I work outside of that in OneNote. Wish it was more like SharePoint within the program. I use the product mostly for time and invoices . Wish it was the whole package.

Karin F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Customer Service is now non-existant!

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

I used to LOVE myCase and was a loyal recommender for several years. The program was everything I needed for my growing practice UNTIL about six months ago when the company eliminated the call-in feature and added the chat function. There is now no help or customer service to speak of. The program is getting more and more glitchy - ie sometimes things will save and sometimes it wont. This is a big problem when inputting data for migration to legal forms later.
So disappointed. This used to be a great one.

Pros

The cost cant be beat - if the company responds to customer service complaints
The functionality of the program is good and had potential to be great - until the support functions went away - and along with that the best customer support specialists.
The billing and invoicing program is easy to use.

Cons

Customer support is now only available via chat. The agents are no longer knowledgable. The function to submit a question does not result in any feedback at all. The program is now getting glitchy and the newest update is just terrible looking and terrible functionally.

Response from MyCase

Hi Karin, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our Customer Support phone line continues to be available for all customers at (800) 571-8062. It can be found on our Support page here: https://www.mycase.com/support, along with email and chat options. We take our customer feedback seriously and each piece of feedback is reviewed by our Customer Success and Product teams. One of our Customer Success Managers has been in touch to learn more and follow-up with any other questions you may have. We look forward to providing you with a more positive experience moving forward and to work with you for many years to come.

William k B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

This is by far the best program I have used.

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

Streamlined my office, simplified keeping track of cases and the work performed on the cases and helped increase the bottom line.

Pros

The software is comprehensive and it has a very easy learning curve. I was able to use most functions immediately after installing the program and I had no problem importing my data from my previous software program. The couple of times that I had to call tech support they very very helpful and efficient. It has definitely helped streamline my practice and helped my bottom line. I can't recommend this software highly enough.

Cons

The only complaint I have right now is that you can't enter a note from the mobile platform, although you can read notes entered from the office computer. This should be corrected as it is one of the only functions that cannot be accessed from the mobile platform, but is one of the most necessary when you are out of the office. Hoping it's added soon.

Francisca A.

MyCase Review

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Pros

The software is very user friendly and I like that it has the capability to sync with calendars such as outlook. It helps manage well client information.

Cons

It could improve on task reminders and activity reminder on certain clients. For example if you have an open client that has not been worked on for more than 60 days. An alert should pop up for all active users to let them know this case may need attention.

Anthony A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

A great, simple way to keep track of everything in our practice.

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Pros

Very easy to use; made specifically for use by attorneys. I have all my cases on there and we can download case documents, message each other in house and even save all my emails to clients even though we use outlook to email our clients. It is absolutely the easiest way to keep track of everything in our files. You can even use it for billing clients, keep your To Do list and download documents to each case.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is the To Do list and how you can only print a 90 day view of it rather than the whole list.