Microsoft PowerPoint

4.3/5

19107 Reviews for UK Users

Philip M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Classic and reliable tool for presentations

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Pros

PowerPoint offers an array of valuable features that have been growing for many years. I have always preferred PowerPoint over any other presentation tool and I think that this software is still the most robust while still providing a high degree of usability.

Cons

Many of the design templates, color choices, and the content library seem to be a bit dry and uninspired in an overtly business style which is characterized by blandness.

Google Slides

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

PowerPoint has a user interface that is more familiar and user friendly for my personal preference.

Powerpoint in its fullest

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

My overall experience has been great. I always turn to MS powerpoint when a presentation needs to be done at work or university.

Pros

Microsoft PowerPoint is a simple and almost easy-to-use software that has been developed by Microsoft. It makes the lives of most professionals like myself seamless when it comes to presentations and talks. The many features that MS Powerpoint has it easy and simple to use. The most beautiful part of this application is that the users do not need to go through extensive training to use this app. It is a self-taught application that allows users to use their imagination to come up with the most innovative ideas to help pass a colorful message across. Powerpoint is "Cross-platform", it allows can take data from different apps such as excel and customise the look and feel of this to make it interact with the presentation.

Cons

I have not found anything specific that I personally do not like. But coming from a software development background I can safely say that no application is not without its flaws. I know that it does not use the entire page, this feature can be Improved in the near future.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

It was more cost-efficient. MS Powerpoint came with the whole office suite and was the most popular choice.
  • Industry: Automotive

Mi2020 reviews

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Pros

Animation tool and the presentation features

Cons

What I don't like about power point is how simple to use it

Oli B.
  • Industry: Design

Favorite presentation software of all time

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

Microsoft Powerpoint is the most extensively used presentation software that has been on the market for a long time and thereby, it is easy to share files with others. it is extremely user-friendly, and we are well-versed in all of the application's features.

Pros

To incorporate my logo on each presentation, I use the Master Slides feature. The included formats/layouts, as well as the typography stylesheet, are quite useful. With its formats, transitions, animations and SmartArt, PowerPoint makes it extremely simple to create outwardly engaging introductions. Beginners and experts alike will find it simple to add videos, images and audio, as well as customise it to their own. The interface point is competent without being overly muddled, making it simple to quickly create and reformat slides.

Cons

The fact that the majority of its collaborative options are only available in the online version irritates me. In the local version, this aspect could be enhanced. PowerPoint becomes slow when you include too much media, such as audio and videos. As a result, I have to account for file size not to exceed a specific limit, which takes time and may not bring out exactly what I wanted to bring out in total utilising the presentation.

Erick P.

Power Point always with you.

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Powerpoint it's a great resource that has brought me relief to enhance my teaching experience. I can easily edit and built nice presentations with different multimedia resources.

Pros

I like that is very usable and provides a decent experience to build presentations.

Cons

When you are trying to do something more loaded with multimedia it becomes slow.

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

It is always the base brand of presentation making.
Arzu Ö.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An essential part of the MS Office world

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

As we all know, MS Office products have been a big part of our lives for many years. I'm sure we've all had to use it at least a few times since we were very young. From my school period to my working life, all the tools of MS Office are always in my life. But there is something that sets PowerPoint apart from other tools. It is more than just a presentation preparation tool, there is no limit to what you can do when you really learn, I watched many videos about it on the internet, and people can actually create 3D Designs, even video-like animations in PowerPoint. It truly needs expertise. In addition, you can easily solve your simple presentation tasks.

Pros

I love the accessibility possibilities of Powerpoint. Even though I use many different presentation tools online, I need a PowerPoint in every way to download it to my computer and use it offline. make peace with it. :D

Cons

There are so many presentation tools now and they offer you very good interfaces. The most difficult thing for me in PowerPoint has always been the interface. It has a very technical interface if you don't know the concepts well enough. Even for very simple operations, you may need to perform complex processes. In addition, another issue that I am most upset about is that the presentations we design in online format corrupt when we download them on different devices or on our own devices.

Irfanudeen S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Microsoft PowerPoint for all

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

It is obviously delightful experience for all to workwith Microsoft PowerPoint from our childhood, but if you want to excel in professional presentation, you should know other presentation tools in the market to equip yourself with more features of presentation.

Pros

The best thing about Microsoft PowerPoint is it's familiarity, you don't have to spend lot of time in training the new recruits on Micrsoft PowerPoint. Everyone who knows little about presentation works surely knows this tool. It is the learning room for great presentations for everyone. It is highly user-friendly, we are familiar with every options present in the application. Being a common platform for presentation and in the market for long-time, it is a natural process to work with Microsoft PowerPoint.

Cons

It is a commoner platform, if you want to create a presentation of particular high content work with highly customizable templates, we have to use alternatives. It lacks good media of library and enough customizable features.

Nick W.

Powerpoint the gold standard in presenting

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

I have used powerpoint for years and it is still my goto tool for all things presentation related

Pros

It is so easy to use, and get going with

Cons

You have to have an online subscription to be able to properly share and collaborate - or else you have to share the document or export

Luis S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good alternative to present slides

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Overall, Microsoft PowerPoint is by far one of the most effortless platforms to create slides in terms of job or academic presentations. I highly recommend people to use it.

Pros

I like that Microsoft PowerPoint is easy to use. It has been one of the most famous platforms over the years, which means people around the world know how it works.

Cons

I do not like when it freezes when it contains heavy content such as plenty of information (graphs, database, images, and so on). It must resist heavy content as companies use it to present the results of their campaigns or results for a period of time.

Francisco manuel M.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Not only for the best presentations but for video and pdfs, too

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

I use PowerPoint since ages, and I always like it. Is very useful to do all kind of presentations, and recently I am using it to make video presentations to our YouTube Channel.

Pros

I think is the best presentation software ever. Includes every feature we can think, and we can do videos, too.

Cons

Maybe the price is a little too high, but is you have it (like me), on a 360 subscription, the price is not too expensive, considering the other tools and the extra space in OneDrive.

Juan pablo G.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

easy-to-use tool and compatible with many complementary software

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

Its interface and its communicativeness with other complementary Microsoft tools is very easy for me, it is also essential for me that the presentations and graphs that can be obtained can be transformed into PDF

Pros

the ease of its implementation and compatibility with other tools that contribute to presentations or graphics, as well as how easy it is to transform files into PDF

Cons

sometimes it lacks good quality in the graphics and it lacks more automation options and control of the passage of the slides

Keynote

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft PowerPoint

for the compatibility of other software and the possibility of converting presentations to PDF

Keynote

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

for its easy implementation and compatibility with microsoft office tools
Hoàng tuấn V.

Still One of the Best Presentation Tools

Reviewed on 25/03/2022

I've utilized PowerPoint from the time I was in Middle School. I was acquainted with the application when I needed to make a show on the evil impacts of smoking. From that point forward, till this day, I'm as yet faithful to the application and I have dominated it. PowerPoint has been a basic piece of my life and will keep on being.

Pros

Microsoft PowerPoint is a very much included and simple to utilize program for making and introducing introductions. PowerPoint makes it exceptionally simple to make outwardly engaging introductions with its formats, changes, movements, and SmartArt. The point of interaction is competent without being excessively jumbled and makes it simple to rapidly make and reformat slides. Subsequent to making a show, there are an assortment of arrangements for trading to both advanced and actual media, which I accept is probably the best component of the program. For instance, a .ppsx document can be made that will consequently boot to the slideshow in the wake of opening, or a show can be printed out in 6 slides for every page with space for comments. PowerPoint additionally coordinates with different projects in the Microsoft Suite like Excel and Publisher where dominate and distributer diagrams and designs can without much of a stretch be moved over.

Cons

PowerPoint is paid programming and commonly part of the Microsoft Office Suite. This implies that you should genuinely consider the advantages of utilizing PowerPoint over a choice like Google Slides, which might not have a portion of the elements yet is presented for nothing. Contenders like the ones found in the Google Suite additionally have a few additional highlights that are either on Google because of it being on the cloud. This incorporates autosaving and cooperation, simple implants of online pictures and recordings, and having the option to utilize the Google Sheet on any stage.

Alexander W.

Simple PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

As an innovator, I use PowerPoint to illustrate problems that exist and how best to solve them, the visuals help improve understanding when I am presenting my work in a boardroom full of executives and as well online through screen sharing these days due to Corona.
Listening without seeing makes one not get funding, but the ability to see what I am talking about, makes the listener more captivated, and usually grabs the attention of the executives who usually have a small attention timespan. The time you have to get their attention is very limited, but once you do, you are in business.

Pros

PowerPoint by Microsoft is a wonderful presentation software. It is very easy to manipulate to give you the best outcome as possibly imagined for your presentation.
The software's versatility is very impressive due to the fact that you can detail your file with ease, as result of numerous slide templates available both offline and online that make your presentation making a breeze.
The program is very user friendly, making it easy to navigate and learn fast. Adding videos, images, audio and designing it to how you like or even imagine is very easy for a beginner and expert too. As a college graduate, PowerPoint gives anybody the ability to be effective and improve learning chances through visual aides, making the presentation a success in whatever topic you may be presenting.
You will love the Microsoft PowerPoint, I vehemently recommend purchasing the software to start on the path to great presentations.

Cons

When you add too much media like audio, and videos, the PowerPoint tend to become slow and it makes me impatient, so I have to account for file size not to exceed a certain amount which takes time and may not bring out exactly what I wanted to bring out in totality using the presentation.
As well, inserting a video can be made easier, instead of having to load the entire video into the .pptx file, the software can be made in such a way the user can reference that video location on the internet or locally within the pc or locally within the flash drive so that when that slide is reached, the video can load without slowing the presentation down, because it makes the slides also take long to load.

Nelson M.

PowerPoint review

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

My general involvement in PowerPoint has been acceptable. It has unquestionably offered me the chance to do introductions while in school as the educator needed an expert show that streams and gives different understudies the data while utilizing pictures, charts, sound and notes. PowerPoint conveyed that load of positive scenes for me. Expertly PowerPoint has offered me the chance to present to top chairmen where my show is proficient and in any event, being able to print out notes permits my show to stream and gives me a high ground on my business looking and being proficient.

Pros

From an executives perspective, its a breeze to introduce office 365 applications and control access from the online entryway. Establishment is typically done in a sort of 'phantom' mode and requires no contribution from the client which is fabulous for huge organizations. From a client perspective I actually think this is the most easy to understand, instinctive and adaptable show bundle you can get! While different bundles may be free or comparative, they generally appear to be inadequate in usefulness, I've never truly discovered anything I couldn't do in PP for conventional introductions and I think Microsoft have the blend of usefulness versus usability spot on. Everything is spread out well, its simple to duplicate advances and so forth to different slides and on the off chance that you burrow further has the further developed highlights accessible like packaging media into the save record.

Cons

Indeed, even with the most recent rendition, it is feeling the loss of the underneath: 1. It doesn't have drop situation arranged instructional exercises to rapidly instruct how to utilize the new highlights. 2. The layout library actually needs objective situated formats that can be effectively embraced to genuine situations. 3. It's anything but a fast method to vitalize certain symbols or pictures, to make intelligence and commitment during the show, for eg: a pic constantly turning in one corner, or a pic separates into 4 sections, essential gif usefulness on transferred pics would make it look very coal and add reason direction for the crowd during the show. 4. It doesn't have 1-click age of pdf 5. The Design tab, needs topics, they are not great to the present principles. 6. There is no speedy instructional exercise on helpful use-cases utilizing Macros. 7. You can't join information/pics from different sources and advise powerpoint to auto-change/apply a topic and prepare it, for insignificant altering for the last form to be prepared. You actually need to accomplish significant work to get it into the last shape, especially on the off chance that you are gathering information from different sources. 8. Absence of symbols that will show a specific situation - making the show very picture arranged and straightforward.

Deeksha B.

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

My general involvement in Powerpoint has been acceptable. ... Powerpoint offers admittance to an enormous library of configuration layouts and subjects to give your show its own remarkable feel, and the program bunches the absolute most normally utilized orders on lace for speedy access.

Pros

The 15 things that I like the most about this product:

Everybody has PPT – It's most likely an effect on your PC.
Add visuals with simple picture-altering instruments.
Implant and alter video records straightforwardly in your introductions.
Rapidly add or record sound and synchronize with your slides.
Effectively access your introductions from more areas and on more gadgets.

Homeroom preparing is regularly changed over to an online organization – why not keep on utilizing those introductions from the study hall?
Use slide segments to explore, put together and print your show.
View and alter different introductions independently, one next to the other, or even on isolated screens.
Everybody realizes how to utilize it (and in the event that they don't, it's not difficult to learn).
Rapidly make content with huge loads of formats, foundations, and shading subjects.
Fare your introductions to an assortment of arrangements.
Sort out and print your slides all the more successfully.
Dazzle your crowd with new changes and improved activities.
Effectively repurpose and alter your introductions, again and again.
Complete things quicker.

Cons

There's consistently the possibility of running into specialized challenges.
Indeed, even educated people can run into show issues when the innovation doesn't fill in as expected. Possibly the PC quits working. Or then again you lose the capacity to your outlet. Or on the other hand, the overhead presentation doesn't work right. This can adjust the positive initial feeling of a show rapidly.

2. Slides with an excessive amount of data on them can get overpowering.

Since there are so numerous alternatives that can be remembered for a PowerPoint show, it very well maybe not difficult to get carried away on the number of shadings, sounds, shapes, and different things that can be utilized. By adding to numerous things, you can take away from the data that should be shared.

3. Is anything but a substitute for what a moderator should do.

Numerous who use PowerPoint will in general depend on the data on the slide as opposed to giving a learning account. It is not difficult to turn out to be too dependent on this product and fail to remember that there is a real show that should be finished.

4. Expenses are continually progressing.

Since it is essential for the Office 365 bundle, you presently don't get a restrictive programming permit for one explicit expense. You should pay a month-to-month or yearly membership cost, which over the long haul can amount to more than what the exclusive permit once advertised. You should likewise download the product to every PC, which

Arturo L.

Your workspace to present your daily work to the team

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

My general opinion is that this software is ideal for those who want to be sure that their presentation will have a good design due to the wide variety of templates that they have prepared for you. And you can be sure that it will look very professional to your school teacher, boss or a group of investors.

Pros

Microsoft PowerPoint is the most complete and simple software to start making presentations, whether for work, school, or projects to present to a group of investors. This is because, for years, it has been the leader and the number 1 option for this type of work, although, for its cost, several presentation software are beginning to emerge, even for free. But what makes this software stand out is that no matter what kind of work you are going to do, the design you want to achieve will always be pleasing to look at.

With the different functionalities, it has built-in, adding graphical tables, survey results imported even from its Microsoft Excel sibling to the presentation slide, it is quite easy with just a few simple clicks.
Another favorable point is that if you want to add something but you can't find it, you can go directly to a spotlight that is practically at the top right, and just by entering a keyword, you will get the function you want to add to your presentation.

Cons

One of the disadvantages of this software is that over the years, they have added so many features that it is even difficult to find the ones you have used for years and settle for the new ones they have added.
On one occasion, my team and I wanted to work on a presentation in real-time, sharing it with collaborators via email, but as soon as everyone had had it, some of them could not edit the document, others got stuck and could not even open the presentation.
This was the first time we used this function, and we disliked the way it was configured, we even had to use other software to do the job.
That's why even the application becomes a bit slow when you share the presentation with your collaborators, that's why I don't recommend this function so much.
It may be that, unlike other presentation software, in order to send your presentations to your collaborators, the file may weigh more than desired, instead in for example a platform that virtually everyone has, Google, they have software identical to this, (which by the way is free, something that students are very grateful) you can practically send it via Google Drive and have it in the cloud, while another team member quietly enters the document and makes some final adjustments for the final presentation.

Ozlem P.

Power is in your hands

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

This software is not hard to use even though it could be made easier to use. It is the best option if you can afford it. It has more features than other similar software and you can make more professional presentations with it. It takes time to become a master at it however once you get the hang of it, you will make some really good stuff.

Pros

It is the most professional presentation software that most companies use. Very impressive presentations can be done with this software. Once you learn how to use it time-efficiently, it becomes so much easier to prepare presentations, cool animation, and transitions. You can also do some decent illustrations with PowerPoint. They wouldn't be as good as the ones you would do with proper illustration software however they get the job done.

Cons

Templates are not as appealing as I would expect from a software that I pay this much for. And for some reason, videos sometimes don't work and you have re-insert them. Also, it is pretty difficult to do transitions in some cases which I think should be made easier. Its price is really high compared to other company's products.

Mupo M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Having worked for both big and small businesses and small groups, I've realized that there are a few things I've learned which apply equally well to both. This product has worked successfully for me for the last year and a half. I have not heard of someone not being able to access a presentation file. The commitment in time and resources one put into a project needs to achieve some return.

Pros

I always like PowerPoint when it comes to meetings since it is a simple and straightforward method to follow. Without a doubt, in PowerPoint, you should believe that you will not encounter a possible customer or location that will not be able to use whatever creation you make for it. It's also very versatile, which allows its users' additional capabilities, including slideshows, the flexibility to perform various tasks. Anyone in the organization can supply content, photographs, embeddable polling, and videos.

Cons

PowerPoint has its own peculiarities, just as other Microsoft products do. While some of the demonstration systems are more user-friendly, the more complex they are, the more satisfying they are. Although certain types of drawing are important for the production of unique artwork, it is not always desirable to produce copies, particularly when trying to create something from scratch. You should create the images yourself in Illustrator or something similar, and then upload them to PowerPoint to get the quality you don't get in the presentation files.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

PowerPoint makes things easy for anyone to create, because of its almost unlimited simplicity. When you want to offer your consumers an easy-to-use product, you want to eliminate a hindrance that might frustrate or distract them.
Sven K.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

For me, PowerPoint is the fastest way to create high-quality presentations and templates for video sales letters.

With Power Point as a basis, screen capture videos can also be created with video software.

I use this for my online courses with great success. Thank you Microsoft.

Pros

On the one hand, it is of course easiest to transport a presentation when it is available in digital form. In the same way as e-books or e-mails, you are also more environmentally friendly due to the low paper consumption.

The presentation also has some advantages for the lecture itself. The digital processing of the presentation requires a certain structure and organization of the lecture, since only one topic should be addressed on each slide.

In addition, PowerPoint offers good support if you forget what should be addressed next

If used correctly, the graphic support should also be the only task of the Powerpoint presentation. The graphic support gives you the opportunity to attract everyone's attention rather than just speaking freely.

Another advantage of the Powerpoint presentation is that changes and updates can still be carried out without any problems even at the last moment, in contrast to an elaborately designed presentation board.

Cons

There is a high risk of forgetting that you are the focus of your presentation. It can happen that you rely too much on your presentation and forget your own posture and articulation.

In addition, to a certain extent it is always a bit tricky to have to rely on technology. If it also has many advantages, you will be pretty smeared if it fails.

The same applies to incorrect handling of the program. Because some people don't know how to use PowerPoint and incorporate so many special effects into their lecture that the audience hardly knows what it's actually about. Because of this, high quality knowledge of the program is necessary if you intend to use it. Amateur handling is the reason why PowerPoint today often has a negative connotation.

Anthony S.

A complete and easy to use software

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

As a student, this software continues to help and satisfy me almost all the time! I am really satisfied with it.

The regular updates bring a big advantage to the software and allows it to stand out from the other competitors. I really recommend this software for lectures, presentations, videos on the internet, Youtube but also for people working in the computer field.

Pros

Even for beginners, this software is very easy to use, moreover, nowadays, there are many tutorials that can be found on youtube or on the online support of Microsoft

There is a great diversity in the animations and we can now animate images.
Being able to draw or record your screen is really a plus on the new versions, it can really help on various projects.

The fact that there are more and more animations is a real plus for presentation when you are a student
The company also relies on the fact that students need software for their studies and have therefore created a student version that is less expensive, this is a real plus!

Cons

Unfortunately, the price is still quite high compared to other competitors like Open Office or Google slides which are free.

Often, the company doesn't give enough advice on how to use the software and that's a shame! (better tutorials can be found on Youtube!)

Some features of the software are not highlighted enough and are not detailed in the Microsoft tutorials so you have to search a long time to find an answer.

Powerpoint is awesome with its latest updates for spinning presentations quickly.

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Overall experience is good and much better than 2007 version, however there is a lot that remains to be implemented. For example, the theme or template are very fixed, you can't even move the line in the header to adjust it for certain slides.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. The smart art forms and word art make it very easy to present ideas and their flow.
3. The added screen recording feature, is very useful for creating quick tutorials.
4. Animations and transitions are cool.

Cons

Even with the latest version, it is missing the below:
1. It doesn't have descent scenario oriented tutorials to quickly teach how to use the new features.
2. The template library still lacks goal oriented templates that can be easily adopted to real life scenarios.
3. It doesn't have a quick way to animate certain icons or pictures, to create interactivity and engagement during the presentation, for eg: a pic continuously spinning in one corner, or a pic divides into 4 parts, basic gif functionality on uploaded pics would make it look very coal and add purpose orientation for the audience during the presentation.
4. It doesn't have 1-click generation of pdf
5. The Design tab, lacks themes, they are not awesome to today's standards.
6. There is no quick tutorial on useful use-cases using Macros.
7. You can't combine data/pics from various sources and tell powerpoint to auto-adjust / apply a theme and get it ready, for minimal editing for the final version to be ready. You still need to do substantial work to get it into the final shape, particularly if you are collecting data from various sources.
8. Lack of icons that will show a certain scenario - making the presentation very picture oriented and easy to understand.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

Because it is way better and much more functional and easier to use.
Arpit T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Powerpoint is the key to any Organizations success through Groundbreaking Presentations

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

There has not been a single day in the last 10 years, where a presentation has been created and Powerpoint is not used. Powerpoint is a very powerful software, and majority of the organizations, schools, students, everyone need to learn to keep up with this age. Powerpoint has been simple, and most effective - it is one of the first thing students are taught on computers and which they need to remember and use even in their jobs.

Pros

Very simple - and most widely used to create presentations across all organizations - small, mid tier, enterprise etc.
Majority of the features are just drag and drop, efficient to create effective corporate presentations.
Animations can be added easily with minimum knowledge.
Can create variety of shapes, add many effects.
Presenter view gives a very good insight if you are the presentor without disrupting what your audience sees.
Can add notes/ comments to any slides as a remark.
PPT's can be easily integrated with other applications for information sharing.

Cons

The range of free templates available are very less. Majority of effective powerpoint templates are paid ones.
There are several formatting issues - with sizes if you want to re-use a presentation.
The designing of slides is still the old school way - you need to start from scratch, there needs to be improvisations and updates to the old way but still keeping things simple.
Powerpoint on the web is a little tedious and slow, not as good as Google slides online, but offline mode is not beatable.
Copy pasting from slides to documents also gets problematic, specially with tables - there are formatting issues.

Alain jove R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Professional Slideshow presentations in a few clicks

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Overall, my experience with Power Point is awesome as I love how it provides an easy way of making my presentations business-like as well as playful and eye catching so that my viewers in my meetings won't fall into a state of boredom. It also has essentials to presenting a well organized data in an interactive format.

Pros

Along with other Microsoft Office tools, I've always relied on this for my presentations during meetings because it is simple to use and is packed with a lot of things for customization. Toying around with the transitions; text effects; slide templates; insertion of audio, video, flash and gif files; and exporting to other formats is very easy to do.

I also love how this is not so heavy on RAM especially for me who incorporates a lot of multimedia files to spice up my presentation. The table and chart functions is also a bonus, although adding and finding the symbols can be tedious for those that are not so commonly used. In addition, I find it very convenient to be able to save my own customized template since I give presentations in the office on a weekly or even bi weekly interval and typically use the same ones.

There was a time when I was lazy to learn Photoshop and logo creation that I relied on this to composite pictures to create my banners for office use, as well create tarpaulin designs for corporate events and even personal ones such as birthdays and anniversaries; which I think produced a very excellent output.

Cons

The only thing I encountered was with an issue of not having my gif images animate in my presentation. Although it was fixed by adding it again in the presentation, or changing the settings depending on the version because sometimes it doesn't fix the issue. I would go with former to remedy it though.

Michelle M.

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My overall experience with PowerPoint has been good. It has definitely given me the opportunity to do presentations while in college as the professor wanted a professional presentation that flows and gives the other students the information while using images, graphs, audio and notes. PowerPoint did deliver all those positive venues for me.

Professionally PowerPoint has given me the opportunity to present to top administrators where my presentation is professional and even having the ability to print out notes allows my presentation to flow and gives me an upper hand on my business looking and being professional.

Pros

Power Point is a great presentation software program. It is very easy to manipulate through to give you the best presentation. It is very versatile in that you can detail your file with ease. It offers you numerous slide templates that make whatever presentation you are creating a breeze.

The program is quick and easy to navigate through. There is even a note section that can assist you with ease. Putting videos, images, sound and designing the presentation how you like it is very easy for a beginner or even an expert to use. Being a graphic designer as well as a previous student in college, PowerPoint gives anyone the ability to be successful in whatever topic you may be presenting.

You will definitely love PowerPoint. I suggest purchasing the software and begin your positive presentation journey today.

Cons

My cons and what I like least about the PowerPoint software program is that the loading of bigger presentations take some time and sometimes it is hard to navigate back to a previous page especially if there are sounds or music attached. But that may have something to do with how the person is and not the software itself.

Second, there have been times that it takes a while for customer support to reply to emails or chat. Sometimes I am on time crunch so I need fast customer support.

Lastly, the capability to edit the file on a computer that doesn't have the program installed can sometimes be troublesome. But that again could be a simple resolution.

Diana S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review of PowerPOint

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

I use PowerPoint all the time and I find it the most convenient way to make a presentation. It provides a variety of options for presenting (color, visual style, types of presentations such as videos, etc.). It also has improved over the years. For example, allowing the viewer to sound was not available a few years ago.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. It is very versatile. You can move slides in any order you would like. It also provides a lot of ways to manipulate the slide visually, such as adding pictures to the entire slide and then showing text, changing the font style of the text, changing the size of the text, and changing the format style of the PowerPoints. I like that you can add your voice to PowerPoint as well. It has become a lot easier over the years (I started doing voice over in 2012). It was a click and go. The viewer is able to listen, stop the recording, and play again when they want to. Inserting weblinks is helpful. I can just click on a word that I have embedded into PowerPoint slide and it goes to the website. I like the ability to insert videos too. The animation is also is nice to have and they have many options (e.g. fly in, fade in, etc.). I think PowerPoints has been a significant program to personalize and make innovative presentations.

Cons

As with all technology, there are a few drawbacks. I think some of the functions have the potential to be more user friendly. Inserting a video could be easier to do. It is difficult to figure out if a link is required. It would be nice to copy and drop a video into the PowerPoints. Also, the weblinks are pretty easy to insert, but when presenting in slide show view, the slides stay up and then the websites show up - but for some reason there are two versions - one in slide show and the other not. It is confusing which version to go back to that everyone can see on the projection screen. Sometimes I go back to what I think is projecting the full screen and it is sill the website or visa versa. It is not real apparent how to make it so that you can see your notes versus not seeing it. In addition, a feature on Zoom would be nice - you can see the notes - but the audience cannot. Also printing out these notes sometimes goes to a second page wasting paper. I think it could read better with things like google docs. It could be google docs, but I have other presenters use voice over and it is difficult/cumbersome for others to listen to and add the voice over - improve readability with other platforms is the suggestion here.