Microsoft PowerPoint Reviews

Tacho
Tacho

Usefull Tool for all Teachers like me

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Very widespread software. The look in the program is very familiar, which helps the user to navigate quickly, despite the changes in newer versions. The main panels are well distributed and work comfortably in the program. Storing the functions in panels gives a tight look and order. One sees exactly what one needs. I use the program to create presentations when I need a little more specific feature.

Pros

I like that the functions are also depicted with icons, which makes the use of the program possible by completely new users. This is also useful for those with experience in the program, because the functions are many and the pictograms are like little jokers for the function itself (you don't have to remember everything). The advantage is that the program has many different functions for creating creative and attention-grabbing content (text in various forms, images, insertion of video and audio).

Cons

The fact that the keyboard shortcuts are not listed. The inability to import gif files into presentations in an easy and convenient way. The disadvantage is that the package is paid. The inability to edit the finished file on devices that do not have the program.

Google Slides

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

Google Slides - the main features are close to those of the Microsoft product, but logically for an online program, some more specific things are cut. It is convenient for creating fast and decent looking content that is available anytime, anywhere. It is very convenient that people from different places can work on a certain material at the same time.
Rob
  • Industry: Design

Compatible

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Pros

Really good comparability with adobe products in terms of importing graphics.

Cons

Imported PDFs can occasionally break the graphics.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Used Often and Incorrectly

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Whenever someone sends me a PPT, I sort of groan. I may open the file and export it to a PDF to get a smaller file OR the PPT will be just a 1-pager from someone who is trying to show me a layout or concept of something. Personally, it would be faster if they drew it on a piece of paper and took a picture with their phone and send it as an image than to go through the trouble of using PPT for that.

There are PLENTY of expert PPT users/designers who know how to either create a properly formatted template to use or know how to assemble a professional looking deck. These are always easier to work with but in the end, the files are way to large, 100% of the time.

If the app was more intuitive OR there were better resources on how to use PPT properly for those who don't have time or can't afford to hire a designer to assemble their deck.

Pros

It's the most widely used and available software (meaning so many people have it so it's likely you'll be albe to send/receive a file and open it. Using the Master slides feature which is where you can set and "fix" your logo in place to appear on each slide, have a variety of slide formats/layouts to choose from, and even set a typography stylesheet/style set.

Cons

First and foremost, the finished file sizes are always ridiculously large. This is a problem because so many people always try to email them and I find they either bounce back because they are too large to email, or I'll be out and if the PPT attachment does get thorugh, it's still so large and sort of clogs up my email and whatever is behind it.

Secondly, I know PPT is meant to be a presentation software and intended for "screen presentations" but because of this, what happens is that no matter what image is imported in (like a logo or a photo), it is automatically converted to a lower resolution image. This means if you try to print the presentation, any imported graphics will look 'meh' compared to the text.

Third, and this isn't really the fault of Microsoft or PowerPoint, but I regularly see PPT decks that look like something the person's kid put together. Most often, this is due to the fact that the user doesn't have a full understanding how to use PPT, and this results in slides looking inconsistent from the next. Alignments are off, a variety of fonts get used, and it just looks like a draft instead of a polished "presentation".

Fourth and lastly, it does not play so nice with Macs. It seems Microsoft went out of it's way to create a whole Office for Mac variety but didn't seem to do any full work on making sure it was fully compatible and played nice. It regularly loads slow, doesn't show things correctly, or just crashes (the latter is the most common).

Lionne

Powerpoint Review

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Overall powerpoint is excellent. I am doing presentations every day. I alos write my business letters on powerpoint.

Pros

Very user friendly. Alot of features to use for an excellent presentation

Cons

There could be more features for transitions

Razvan
  • Industry: Research

Presentation

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

I have a very good experience with Microsoft services

I have a very good experience with Microsoft services

Pros

It is very to use and I really like giving presentations because they are much easier to follow

Cons

the editing function and the transition function

The OG Presentation Tool

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Overall, PowerPoint is my businesses go-to for in person stage presentations.

Overall, PowerPoint is my businesses go-to for in person stage presentations.

Pros

Everyone knows what a PowerPoint is. For us, when we have guests on stage for presentations, we always ask them to use PowerPoint for their slides since it’s the most commonly used slide platform.

Cons

PowerPoint is feeling a bit outdated, how’s it’s still the platform we all know and love.

Dina

Microsoft PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

I'm happy using Microsoft PowerPoint and will definitely recommend it to other colleagues.

Pros

It is a great tool for teachers like me, it made my job easier and my classroom activities more engaging.

Cons

I think it has limited design depending on the version of your Microsoft office.

Justin
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Power Point: More than just slides!

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Pros

Power Point is easy to use, intuitive, and available to most computer users.

Cons

Some training is needed to utilize this product to its fullest but most tutorials can be found on YouTube.

Desiree
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best powerpoint product made to date

Reviewed on 09/06/2024

I have a very good experience with microsoft powerpoint

I have a very good experience with microsoft powerpoint

Pros

I like Microsoft PowerPoint because of all the customizable templates.And all the customizable editing.You can make it as personal as you want.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Microsoft PowerPoint.The time it takes to make the presentations would be the only thing I don't like

RAJ KUMAR
RAJ KUMAR
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Review of Microsoft Powerpoint

Reviewed on 27/05/2024

Overall It is very user friendly software.

Overall It is very user friendly software.

Pros

It is very useful to present your project through Power point. It has various features which makes you easy to do your personal and official work.

Cons

Sometime its feel freezes while making project.

Industry Standard in presentation tools

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

I'm pleased with the program, especially in light of the advanced features and familiarity it offers. I would recommend to beginners and advanced users.

Pros

Even though the field is crowded today, PowerPoint still remains at the top of presentation and slide deck creation tools! Here's what I like most:
- No other platform or program offers as many advanced features as PowerPoint. What you are capable of doing with this Microsoft program may be mimiced or imitated by other platforms, but at the end of the day, no other platform is capable of all of the heavy lifting when compared to PowerPoint. It is a robust program.
- Even though, PP is loaded with features, it's also user-friendly. Most of us grew up in a day when Microsoft products reigned supreme, as a result, we intuitively know or feel comfortable with the interface.
- Due to the advanced features, PP allows creators to produce a more engaging, visually impressive presentation.
- It's affordable.
- PP links or integrates with so many other programs or platforms. Something as simple as creating handouts from PP is so simple - a process that is not as true for competitors.
- It's almost the industry standard. It doesn't matter what field/sector you discuss, PP is common knowledge, understood, and used by all (education, business, private, etc.).
- You can use it virtually anywhere, as long as you have a device of course. No connection is needed.
- Individual slides can be customized to your heart's delight. Competitors tend to offer themes, which are necessarily applied to the whole deck. Not so with PP.
- PowerPoint is versatile and can be used for many purposes.

Cons

I have no concerns or complaints about PowerPoint. Even though many competitors are in the field, I still think PowerPoint has carved out a significant space and will last for years to come.

Nearpod , Google Slides and Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

As discussed in the pros section, PowerPoint is just a well designed program. It's user-friendly, yet it offers advanced features that you just don't see in the competitors. The price point is appropriate considering the product.

If you want to make Presentations then Powerpoint has got you covered!

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

I've had a very positive experience with Powerpoint and would recommend it to almost anyone. Great software that has many features and is very easy to use.

Pros

PowerPoint being part of Microsoft's vast range of Products offers a vast number of features and resources to make your presentation. Having a very clean and intuitive design to the software helps you design your presentation in a simple card format. This layout helps you plan your presentation and build on it with visual tools to help change font size's, colour, layout, shapes and even allows you to add various images onto your slides. Furthermore you can also change slide animations, add sound cue's, add 3d videos and gif's to your slides to fully customise your presentation.

Cons

In terms of Cons there are a few cons such as how sometimes this software isn't as optimized and can feel slow on some computers when you try and either add too many images or 3d file formats into your presentation. While the slide format is nice sometimes however, you want to do more than just create a simple slide structure. While you can make some interesting presentations over time you wish you can create something that is completely different to powerpoints overall structure and this is where you might pursue another product to use.

Google Slides

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

More features and it's universally known as a standard for presentations.
Pawan

"PowerPoint: Unleash Your Inner Presenter" : A Comprehensive Review"

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

I have extensive experience using Microsoft PowerPoint throughout my academic and professional career. It is an incredibly versatile and powerful program that has allowed me to create effective and engaging presentations for a variety of audiences, from small groups to large scale conferences. Microsoft PowerPoint has a user-friendly interface which makes it easy to create engaging slides in a short amount of time. I find the tools for adding images and other visuals to be especially helpful for conveying a message in an effective and visually pleasing way. I also appreciate the availability of many different templates which can be easily customized with logos, images, and text. The ability to collaborate with others on a presentation is also a great feature. I appreciate the ability to easily and quickly share presentations with my colleagues and revise them with real-time feedback. Additionally, an entire team can work on a presentation at the same time, which is especially helpful when working on a project with multiple contributors. Overall, I have had a great experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to create engaging presentations. Its wide range of features and user-friendly interface make it an excellent choice for both novice and experienced users.

Pros

I particularly appreciate the accuracy and detail provided by ChatSonic when creating content. Unlike other writing assistants, ChatSonic produces content that is completely original and plagiarism-free, which is extremely important in today's digital world. Additionally, I appreciate the fact that ChatSonic refuses requests related to violence, sexuality, and self-harm, ensuring that the content is appropriate and ethical. All in all, ChatSonic is the perfect tool for anyone looking for a reliable and trustworthy writing assistant.

Cons

I found that working with PowerPoint could be tedious, especially when creating complex presentations. The user interface was quite difficult to learn, and I often found myself spending too much time trying to figure out how to do something. Additionally, while PowerPoint is good for slideshow presentations, it's not great at creating interactive presentations that are engaging and easy to follow. Therefore, I found it hard to create presentations that kept my audience engaged and interested.

Zoho Show and Google Slides

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft PowerPoint

Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the most popular presentation software products available, and for good reason. It's easy to use and provides a wide range of features that make creating professional-looking presentations a breeze. PowerPoint's user-friendly design makes it easy for users to quickly create great-looking slides and incorporate multimedia elements such as images, audio, and video. Additionally, PowerPoint makes it easy to collaborate with others, with built-in tools for sharing presentations, providing feedback, and tracking changes. Lastly, PowerPoint is widely used across many industries, making it easy for users to share their presentations with peers and colleagues. With all these features, it's easy to see why Microsoft PowerPoint is a popular choice for creating presentations.
  • Industry: Fine Art

It Can’t Actually be BAD, but...

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

All in all, PowerPoint has been there for me since the start. I consider myself to be a power user, and would have no qualms about recommending it to complete beginner. If it’s already installed, if I don’t have to pay for it, if a client wants me to use it, then fine. I’ll use it. But if it’s up to me, if we’re talking about buying the program instead of just using the program, if I have a tight deadline and can't deal with the ribbon, then, tragically, PowerPoint would not be my first choice anymore.

Pros

It’s powerful software, I’ll give them that. In fact, I have no doubt that Microsoft are the pioneers behind many of the features that make presentation software so ubiquitous today.
Having taught at University for over 15 years, I’ve created hundreds, if not thousands, of PowerPoint presentations in my day.
That said, I’ve also created hundreds of non-PowerPoint presentations using dozens of different apps and software programs in that time as well.
What I appreciate most about PowerPoint is that the procedure is always the same and so is the output file format. I may not like that procedure, and it might be easier for me to get the finished product I want using another app, but there’s something to be said for a reliable and valid process. Other apps and programs often have their own workflow, their own procedure for customizing templates, and often, they will only allow exports in proprietary formats that most of my students or audience members or auditorium computers have never heard of, much less installed. That's a problem.
In sum, the best thing about PowerPoint is its reliability.

Cons

The thing I hate most about PowerPoint, and indeed all of the Office products for the last decade, is the "ribbon" control strip. I can’t stand that format. It’s hard for me to see, and harder for me to make use of. Aka YES, it is, in fact, a deal-breaker in my case.
Another thing I am not too pleased with is the current pricing of this product; I can understand such a high fee back when they were not only the industry standard but the only game in town. Now, however, there are hundreds of wonderful and useful apps that make beautiful presentation slides much more easily— and all for the price of a glorified coffee.
PowerPoint is the price of an espresso machine.
This is not to say that I subscribe to the mentality of, "software should be free," or just "I don’t want to pay for stuff." It’s just that I can’t justify the cost in my own work and life, especially since I feel so strongly about the ribbon thing.

Caitlin
Caitlin
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Easily the most flexible presentation creator on the market

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Having used this product to create multiple educational experiences with my staff, the ability for them to be able to retain both the presentation on the computer as well as to print a note taking version prior to the lecture is very beneficial. In our field (rehabilitation), PowerPoint allows the user to connect short video excerpts to get a detailed look at a specific skill and then return to a general presentation seamlessly. As updates with software or new laws enter into our field, PowerPoint can be used alongside a webinar platform to instruct many offices at the same time, ensuring that all employees receive the same information and have a way to bring the new information out into the field with us.

Pros

PowerPoint allows basic users to take a well designed template created by Microsoft and create a finished product by merely inserting information and pictures within its framework. Employees with more skill can develop more unique and integrated presentations, set them to automatically move through time within the talk, or incorporate outside video, music, or podcasts. This entire process can be downloaded into slides for people who are receiving the presentation to take notes on or to refer back to at a later date.

Cons

Employees with limited computer skills can find it difficult to see so many icons for choices on how to create slides. While the initial learning curve is moderately steep for these people, they seem to almost uniformly overcome it quickly and acquire a base level of user ability within a few presentations. The leap from basic to high end use does seem to require some know how with computer savvy in general, though I would surmise this to be true of any product in this field.

Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations

The best software for creating presentations

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

I have created hundreds of presentations using powerpoint since my college life till now. Using powerpoint I conduct presentations about railway field to acknowledge passengers and the railway staff. My experience of using powerpoint is really positive and I would like to recommend powerpoint to anyone who is willing to create amazing presentations.

Pros

If I need to create a presentation the first thing comes to my mind is microsoft powerpoint because that much of years I have been using it. When learning new things humans are mostly visually oriented so that when we presenting something, it is better to have graphical representations to retain information rather than using words. So as a station master, when I do presentations regarding railway field, I always use microsoft powerpoint. I can add hyperlinks to share the other files, different types of images, videos, audios, graphics and can add texts with different font styles, colors, sizes according to my taste. The slide animations plays a major role while presenting data to others because people might get bored and animated slides help to keep the concentration. Also I can show the audience an automated slide show that they can simply watch and get the things.

Cons

When I try to put many things into a single slide, powerpoint becomes slow. Because of that I have to put some content into another slide and that's a disadvantage that I have experienced. And as a suggestion it would be great if powerpoint can provide multiple good templates for people who is looking for creating quick presentations. According to my job role, I have to create presentations and send them to multiple people. Since the size of the presentation is high, it cannot be sent through emails.

Ayesh
Ayesh
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Microsoft Powerpoint For Engineering Student

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

This is very good software and I am still goes with this until I found a good alternative with good user base and compatibility with other word processing softwares.I recommend this to every one who use Microsoft operating system and it will be good choice and goid investment .

Pros

As a engineering student we have to done lot of assingment ,researches and make presentations to those work every week.For making presentation my first choice is Microsoft Powerpoint.There is non other software which can help me to making presentations than Microsoft Powerpoint.This is comes with Ms Office packe there for when buying the package Ms Powerpoint comes with it and it can use with other office software which comes with Ms Office package.That is my favorite option in this software because I can easily add any graph create in Ms Excel or any document create in Ms Word to my presentation which create in Ms powerpoint without any changing.Just simply copy and paste .Thats why I love this software very much because its a part of Ms office package and all can work together.Many people are using this software therefore every pc have been installed this software.So I can run my presentation of any of these pc in the presentation room.That is very he and good life saver.I would not to be consider the presentation running software which at the presentation room pc when I am going to create my presentation.

Cons

My favorite this is this software is that I can run my presentation in every pc because this software can be found in every pc in the world.But when the version change to pc to pc some changes are happen to my presentation when I open it on those differnt type of version in Powerpoint.It is too painfull to re create my presentation when it open in differnt version of Powerpoint without the version it created.Because this error I face lot of difficulties when I going to present my presentation infront of my audience due to run it on different versions than it created version. That is the main drawback which I saw in this software.Also this software hase some cost to buy but there are many good alternatives with lot of new usefull options which can use in free.But the reson which I still this software is its huge user base.I think they will give good answer to that problem soon.

Roland
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A must for any professional presentation - Powerpoint

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

I personally use this tool daily for presentation and for training. When there is a quick concept I want to illustrate in few slides, I make prepare it on Powerpoint and share it with a team or present it while commenting the slides.

Pros

Microsoft Powerpoint is the easiest presentation application I ever used in my entire IT career. This application is part of the Microsoft office package and has so many powerful features. From basic slides to most advanced presentation and animations, I cannot thing of any thing you can't do with this application. There are templates available and any user can simply pick from any of them and build their presentation on to.

In few click you have access to animations and a set of transitions times or triggered by users' click. on top of all, the tool us compatible with most of the presentation hardware and software developed out there. In many case, the presentation software can export to pptx format (which is typical Powerpoint) or allow importing a powerpoint file into their tool for conversion and further editing.

User can easily insert pictures and videos into the file and it is compatible with excel and word so copying content from any of those editing tool to Powerpoint is as easy as Copy and Paste.

It is the tool to go for when it comes to presentation and slideshows.

Cons

One drawback of Powerpoint is that the file can quickly increase and get out of control if too many pictures and videos are added. It can be resource demanding and for advanced presentations with many macros and actionable items, a more powerful computer might be required.

Jovana

With PowerPoint anyone can create stunning presentations

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

When collaborating with someone on a presentation, or when someone else is creating slides for you, it is very often necessary to give or provide some feedback. This feedback can be provided by editing the slide directly, but then all changes made are lost. If you want to give your opinion without direct changes, you can use the comments.

A comment is a note that can be attached to any slide or part of it. PowerPoint 2010 and 2013 have this capability and it is a great way to share feedback with everyone else working on that presentation.

Once you've added a comment, you can easily edit or reply to it later.

The option to insert comments exists in both Excel and Word, but few people know about this option in PowerPoint.

To insert comments, you need to go to Review, and there you will find the option to insert comments.

You can also view the comments one by one by clicking the back and forth buttons.

Finally, you can delete all comments by clicking Delete, where you choose the option to delete all comments from the entire presentation or from just one slide.

Pros

Microsoft Office PowerPoint is a presentation program and is part of the Microsoft Office suite. PowerPoint is one of the simplest computer programs. It is just as useful in the business world as it is in classrooms, and is the most widespread tool for making presentations.

Anyone can create stunning presentations that look like they were designed by professionals.

With it, you can quickly and easily design and create various presentation materials according to your own needs, be it on-screen presentation, web presentation, projection foils, accompanying brochures…

PowerPoint presentations consist of the number of individual pages or "slides". Slides can contain text, images, animation, sound and other objects, which can be freely edited.

By combining texts, tables, graphs, illustrations, videos and sound recordings into a meaningful whole, you come to an effective presentation. In that way, you create a powerful tool with which you transfer information and ideas much faster and with better quality.

Cons

1.It’s not the software itself but rather the way many people use it, their eyes locked on their presentation unfortunately.
2.Lack of possibilities, in fact, I use PowerPoint only for making presentations.
And also surely the price which remains high if you are not a student.
3.The weak point, however, is that there should be more choice between different models.

Michelle

Power Point Review

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

My overall experience with PowerPoint has been good. It has definitely given me the opportunity to do presentations while in college as the professor wanted a professional presentation that flows and gives the other students the information while using images, graphs, audio and notes. PowerPoint did deliver all those positive venues for me.

Professionally PowerPoint has given me the opportunity to present to top administrators where my presentation is professional and even having the ability to print out notes allows my presentation to flow and gives me an upper hand on my business looking and being professional.

Pros

Power Point is a great presentation software program. It is very easy to manipulate through to give you the best presentation. It is very versatile in that you can detail your file with ease. It offers you numerous slide templates that make whatever presentation you are creating a breeze.

The program is quick and easy to navigate through. There is even a note section that can assist you with ease. Putting videos, images, sound and designing the presentation how you like it is very easy for a beginner or even an expert to use. Being a graphic designer as well as a previous student in college, PowerPoint gives anyone the ability to be successful in whatever topic you may be presenting.

You will definitely love PowerPoint. I suggest purchasing the software and begin your positive presentation journey today.

Cons

My cons and what I like least about the PowerPoint software program is that the loading of bigger presentations take some time and sometimes it is hard to navigate back to a previous page especially if there are sounds or music attached. But that may have something to do with how the person is and not the software itself.

Second, there have been times that it takes a while for customer support to reply to emails or chat. Sometimes I am on time crunch so I need fast customer support.

Lastly, the capability to edit the file on a computer that doesn't have the program installed can sometimes be troublesome. But that again could be a simple resolution.

Alexander

Simple PowerPoint Review

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

As an innovator, I use PowerPoint to illustrate problems that exist and how best to solve them, the visuals help improve understanding when I am presenting my work in a boardroom full of executives and as well online through screen sharing these days due to Corona.
Listening without seeing makes one not get funding, but the ability to see what I am talking about, makes the listener more captivated, and usually grabs the attention of the executives who usually have a small attention timespan. The time you have to get their attention is very limited, but once you do, you are in business.

Pros

PowerPoint by Microsoft is a wonderful presentation software. It is very easy to manipulate to give you the best outcome as possibly imagined for your presentation.
The software's versatility is very impressive due to the fact that you can detail your file with ease, as result of numerous slide templates available both offline and online that make your presentation making a breeze.
The program is very user friendly, making it easy to navigate and learn fast. Adding videos, images, audio and designing it to how you like or even imagine is very easy for a beginner and expert too. As a college graduate, PowerPoint gives anybody the ability to be effective and improve learning chances through visual aides, making the presentation a success in whatever topic you may be presenting.
You will love the Microsoft PowerPoint, I vehemently recommend purchasing the software to start on the path to great presentations.

Cons

When you add too much media like audio, and videos, the PowerPoint tend to become slow and it makes me impatient, so I have to account for file size not to exceed a certain amount which takes time and may not bring out exactly what I wanted to bring out in totality using the presentation.
As well, inserting a video can be made easier, instead of having to load the entire video into the .pptx file, the software can be made in such a way the user can reference that video location on the internet or locally within the pc or locally within the flash drive so that when that slide is reached, the video can load without slowing the presentation down, because it makes the slides also take long to load.

Gábor
  • Industry: Automotive

The power of MS PowerPoint

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

A lot of studying material, examples, solutions, "homework tasks" are available, on-line (like videos and PDFs, descriptions, test files) so as "off-line", books, notes, sheets) to get what MS PP can offer.In Hungary and I think elsewhere you may get it for free, if you are a student, orig. activation codes for a small price can be bought, MS offers a free cloud account, tools with limitations, less feature, yet still enough for the most of the normal usage.PP as part of the MS Office package is widely-known I think in the world and used by numerous governments, also in Hungary. It can be found everywhere regardless the industry, taught from elementary schools to uni, even on-site paid courses are available.The options of PowerPoint greatly inspired its rivals too, now it is a bit too enormous a user, not all the functions/options can be known/used. You can do the most various presentations, introductions, training materials with the sw. Works well with other MS software, can handled embedded files (open, use them), open links.Use static or dynamic content, visualize your information like data in various charts, you may command the sw. to read the slides for you. PP offers you unique presentation ways, gives templates you can try real-time, colours, transitions, slides, nearly everything can be changed according to your needs.

Pros

A lot of studying material, examples, solutions, "homework tasks" are available, on-line (like videos and PDFs, descriptions, test files) so as "off-line", books, notes, sheets) to get what MS PP can offer. As an MS tool it has common functions for editing, spell-checking, saving options, so these are the same, so as most of its layout as in other MS sw.In Hungary and I think elsewhere you may get it for free, if you are a student, orig. activation codes for a small price can be bought, MS offers a free cloud account, tools with limitations, less feature, yet still enough for the most of the normal usage.

Cons

Useful that accessibility can be switched on, checks and tell you what to consider, yet it sometimes against design and the beauty.Integration with non-MS tools can be "hard".Imaging, sound editing, simple features would be welcome.Mobile versions could be smarter.

Mariana
Mariana

The Power Point Software, has very versatile tools to create presentations in slides and is a...

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

1. Allows you to easily create a brainstorm
2. Provide more energy and visual impact to presentation...

1. Allows you to easily create a brainstorm
2. Provide more energy and visual impact to presentations.
3. You can organize and print the slides in a more efficient way
4. You can organize information thousands of times
5. It helps you not to exceed your length when writing
6. Performs tasks and assignments more quickly
7. Create high quality presentations and you can add, photos, graphics, tables, music, among others
8. You can work together with several users who also make dynamic presentations and you can organize the files to bring the order of the presenters in a very practical and efficient way

Pros

It has several advantages among these are the following:
1. An editor, which serves not only to write text but also to give it the desired format (size, typography, color, alignment).
2. A system that is responsible for being able to insert both photographs and audios and even video files. All these elements that complement and reinforce the textual content.
3. A system that proceeds to show all the content, whatever the type, in an absolutely continuous way.
4. You can insert images that give a better presentation to the slide, making it easier to understand what the slide is about, as well as being able to insert texts to the images complementing the exhibition.
5. It has animation tools, with which you can give effects to texts and images, giving it a better appearance.
6. Make graphics.
7. Add videos and audios.

Cons

One of the biggest disadvantages is:
1. What happens with this software is with the versions with which the original file has been saved and the user that was sent or sent could not view the presentation due to not having the program installed on the computer.
2. It can be saved and sent easily, but there is a risk that it will be damaged by a virus
3. Presentation of ideas hierarchically, which can be a distraction for the audience.
4. It is a presentation that tends to distract the public by the number of movements and does not pay attention to the information that is being delivered

Frederic

I work with this software for years now and I use it on a daily basis for various purposes.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Improved my reputation as IT expert and UX specialist. People call me to design their presentations.

Pros

As IT project manager and Business Analyst, I'm using Powerpoint on a daily basis. It's is very easy to use and powerful. I can start from a blank page and produce a impressive presentation or diagrams very quickly.

I particularly appreciate the slide view that helps me to re-order my slides to create my story line.
I also appreciate the "hide slide" function that I use to customizemy presentation for specific audiences.

The fact that PowerPoint is commonly use in my business sector is also a plus. It's de-facto a standard that people can use to exchange ideas. It's also very easy to find video tutorials and free templates on the web.

I also use it for non-presentation tasks like creating Wireframes, UX diagrams, comic strip for communication or small advert pictures that I can use on social media (in jpg format).

During the presentation, the presenter view is really great and deserve to be improved.

Cons

If you want to create an impressive presentation, you have to start from a blank page, period.
There a no theme that looks great or attractive. When you compare it with Keynote on Mac, it's quite disappointing. So I do it manually and copy paste one of my previous presentations for the layout.

Your design could crash when you try to play your presentation on a guest PC. Most of the time due to some missing fonts. I know that you can change the save option to embed it but it is not intuitive and it's easily forget when you are in a rush.

Alignement of objects is not always easy. I would appreciate some dynamic guides when I move an item on the page.

The file size is often very big. Especially when you start to include images.

As previously mentioned, the presenter view is really great and deserve to be improved: bigger fonts for notes and more flexibility in the presenter view layout.

Brittney
  • Industry: Publishing

Awesome application with endless features!

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

Pros

I have been using PowerPoint for years for my own presentations and to edit presentations for c-level executives at conferences. I've learned that PowerPoint can do a lot more than I thought. One of its capabilities I love the most is that I can insert vector files from Adobe Illustrator onto a PowerPoint slide and the formatting doesn't change. This is great when someone from sales needs an infographic I previously designed added to their presentation. And when I'm building something from scratch within PowerPoint, there are a lot of design features that allow me to build graphics just as vibrant as those built with an Adobe application. The shapes and icons that are already installed look great, I can format their dimensions to make everything look uniform, the animations are easy to apply to each image or shape, and it's honestly even easier to use than Illustrator. PowerPoint is way more than just text on slides. You can easily create a visually dynamic presentation if you take a closer look at its design features. I love all of them.

Cons

The hardest part about using PowerPoint is when you're trying to create slide templates using the Slide Master feature. The logos, fonts, colors, headers or whatever you use on the template will stay put on the slide unless you go back into Slide Master mode to made edits to the template. But there were times when the person I shared a template with wanted to make a change or remove something from the template to make an especially large graphic fit on a slide. This created extra work for me because PowerPoint's Slide Master mode is a bit difficult to understand and I end up having to go back and help people make changes, which defeats the purpose of having a template. I wish it were easier to use for beginners.