Domo

Connecting people with the data they need to drive business

3.9/5
4.2/5
4.1/5
4/5

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Business Intelligence at the

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Pros

Domo enables as to give a live 360 degree view on our business and makes data accessible and visible to everyone in the company. It’s not just about visualization of KPIs and other data. You can take the data and turn it into actionable steps. Furthermore, the existing integrations that are available makes it easy to have all our data available in Domo and combine them.
You can still see the start-up mentality and the new features and the speed that they deliver new features and product improvements is amazing.
For us Domo is so much more than just about data - we have it part of our product development process and have a lot of operational processes built on data transformations that we built in Domo.

Cons

DOMO is very costly compared to other BI tools, especially when you want to have separate user accounts for each user and do not share accounts among users. Other than that Domo worked already most of the cons that I had in the beginning.

Looker, Sisense, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Choosing Domo

Zoho only offered limites features compared to Domo and didn't cover all of our uses cases. Furthermore, it required a lot of manual work for updating data as well as getting in data.

Zoho Analytics

Reasons for Switching to Domo

Great product development and new features. Awesome customer service and implementation help. Ease of use
Dexter B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Customer Service and Implementation Terrible but Great Product.

Pros

The product itself is great. It is easy to pick up and runs quickly and smoothly. We were able to implement it ourselves with a team of two in around 6 months and it has been extremely impactful on our business.

Cons

The customer service, implementation process has been a nightmare. We went through two different consultants for implementation and don't use anything that they built for us. We would of been better off doing it all by ourselves. Customer service doesn't get you anywhere unless you call in and escalate every ticket. We got a new account rep (our first one was great) and he never even introduced himself and to this day we don't even have a phone number to contact him.

Francisco U.

Domo is easy to use but...

Reviewed on 11/04/2021

Domo is easy to use, and as a user experience the information provided is accurate; The interface is easy to understand since the first time and the data is uncomplicated to read.

Pros

-Domo is allowed to export the information in the grids and graphics into an Excel document, whereby is completely useful.
-Domo gives you an extract of the information, and if you need to add filters, you perfectly can click on the expand option and add it.
-The data is easy to understand and analyze.
-The interface is friendly.

Cons

-Sometimes, Domo doesn´t charge properly, and you need to refresh the site multiple times.
-Often, you need to wait a couple of minutes until the site shows you the information. Also, it is necessary to try a couple of times until the site allows you to log in.

• Industry: Media Production

Domo Is expensive but well worth the investment

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

I really like Domo it's hands down my favorite piece of software and also my favorite company to work with. It has solved countless reporting problems an saved thousands of hours spent repetitive reporting tasks for our team.

Pros

It's incredibly powerful and allows any one (regardless of coding or data science background) the ability to create dynamic reports and complex data automations. The best part of Domo though is the customer support. When you call support you get a human right away and they are always ready to help regardless of how complicated your problem is or how much time it will take to solve. You never feel helpless with Domo, only empowered

Cons

It costs a fortune and they have no entry level packages. they also have a habit of releasing awesome features that aren't included in the main package and that cost puts the platform well out of reach for most companies.

Tiffany O.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Everything I Need All In One Place!

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

We use Domo to connect the data sets from several different programs into information that can be shared between them through Domo.

Pros

Domo connects the data from all of our different data sources and allows me to put it all on one dashboard page so that I don't have to flip back and forth looking for the information that I need. I love that I can share the access to these dashboards with all of my employees so that they have access to all of the up to date information that they need. I really like that I can take any of the data on a dashboard and Domo will turn it into an excel spreadsheet for me.

Cons

The customer support is a little slow. There is also an occasional lag time between when changes are made to data and when they show up on Domo. It only refreshes about every 15 minutes.

James D.

Great program, but worth the price?

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

We really love how Domo does just about everything. The way it generates reports is second-to-none, but we really wish that the price point was a little bit lower.

Pros

Domo seems to have everything: you can check the statistics of your business, keep track of memberships, and the ability to check on fundraising. It was a little bit overwhelming when we first tried it out, but once we got the hang of it, we loved it!

Cons

The one big con is the price. Yes, it gives you a lot, but even for the small amount of employees we have, it can be a bit much. We have also experienced some issues due to the latest update, as a few others have, but we hope that will get fixed soon.

Lyle W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

When Used Right, Can Revolutionize Your Business Making Decisions

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Great, our Analytics Team lives in DOMO and the output they provide is wonderful. Very customizeable and not too difficult to pick up if you have any familarity with similar program or even programs such as Excel. I am able to build my own reports as well, and am not a super-analytics user.

Pros

We operate multiple brands on multiple CRMs and softwares, DOMO allows us to pull all of our data into one place, customize the reporting we need and easily share it across our enterprise.

Cons

You are unable to set up reports to automatically email an employee who is not also a DOMO user. I understand why (so they can charge you more to bring that person into the platform), however some employees in no shape or form need to have a full blown user account. Would be nice to simply share a read only PDF of the reports.

Jeremy M.
  • Used for 2+ years

Good Product but Pricey

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

While it is a great program for taking data from multiple sources and making useful charts, the cost can be extremely prohibitive. In order for lots of employees to see these charts, they require logins which just keeps the cost going up higher and higher.

Pros

Reports are beautiful and can be customized in endless ways. Data integrations are numerous and allow companies to bring in data from a wide variety of sources. Data can be combined when otherwise impossible allowing for third party platform data to become more useful and provide further insights.

Cons

Pricing. Domo is very expensive compared to other platforms. Many similar software is out there now and is often times free or much smaller in cost. Domo can be very difficult to learn at first if you are not somewhat familiar with SQL.

Ben B.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

DOMO - Scary at first glance but becomes a fantastic tool after you learn

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

DOMO helps review things with payroll, which is important to me and my employees. It allows me to look at things like schedules, OT, pay/bill rates and helps show if there is something wrong or missing.

Pros

I like that it pulls information from all of our other applications and summarizes it into one site for you to review all of your metrics.

Cons

The drill down feature doesn't consistently work all the time.

James M.
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy to use and get all of your data in one place

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Pros

You don't need to be a programmer to use the software. The company is also always actively improving the platform and features.

Cons

Cost can be an issue for smaller customers.

Celexsy A.

Domo is awesome

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Reporting trends and status is extremely important in real time.

Pros

We can use it to get deep or surface data for our campaigns which is extremely important for marketing.

Cons

Nothing. DOMO is great. Very glad the company makes this available to us. I feel like not much is bad.

Pieter L.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Quick and Easy Setup

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Been using domo for about three months pretty hard core. I was able to use SQL to normalize job titles to help get an idea of conversion by title. That's just a small slice of what we're trying to do.

Pros

How easy it is to get data into the tool.
They have some quick easy reports to display which work well for many of your social platforms.
Syncing our Marketo instance was easy how things are customize you can get some value out of the pre-built reports but things need to be fine tuned. Also the objects are easy to choose and sync.
combining data is easy.
building custom fields is pretty easy. I haven't used SQL in some time and i was able to easily build IF Then formulas.

Cons

I do wish each data set could sync more values over. But you can join then in the system.
Dashboard layout could use a face lift.

Julie T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

DOMO is great!

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Pros

Domo is flexible, making it easy to integrate a number of data sources quickly.

Cons

I don't like the new vertical view of the ribbon.

Ben B.

Great for executive high level use

Reviewed on 14/01/2016

Pros

Their report builders, after a short learning curve, are very powerful for building charts and other high level type reports that executives typically like to see. The charts are attractive and there is also a slideshow function that you can use to put your charts up on a public monitor in your workspace. Pretty slick charts.

Cons

Domo isn't as good as Salesforce or straight database queries for actually manipulating the data. Also, the alerts functionality is weak - not enterprise ready yet. For example, if you want to create an alert to simply email you a report every morning you can't do that. You can only do alert emails based on a data point going above/below a bound, changing in some way, etc. So, no scheduled reports. Also, the integrations with third party software such as Hubspot or Google Analytics is lacking. The Hubspot integration is seriously broken and even though the Google Analytics integration works it's not very customizable or useful.

Rick N.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Works well

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

Enjoy the product and especially the mobile functionality. Look forward to the new releases from today.

Pros

Mobile, ease of use

Cons

Some feature limitation, especially on tables

Danika D.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

User Friendly and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Pros

I like being able to check status of monthly revenue without having to go through our CRM system.
Domo automatically imports all relevant information and summarizes it in one sheet.

Cons

Nothing. Domo has always been flawless.

Mike W.
  • Industry: Sports

Visualize the future

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

Ground breaking new data and visualizing to make better decisions Able to make educated decisions on the spot

Pros

Easy to use for non data people

Cons

Nothing

Ken Y.

Easy to Implement and Use

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Pros

We use Domo for our marketing metrics, connected frontend and backend data for report visualization. Works great with all the integrations and connections that are possible. New features are constantly being added.

Cons

It can be buggy when building charts. Dashboards can be hard to setup unless you deep dive into the platform. The mobile app doesn't work as good.

Brent P.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Domo works just as promised

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Well worth it, though there are several Domo competitors that would make more sense for smaller businesses.

Pros

Easily viewable dashboards that show me just what I need to see without hunting or recreating them every time. They are (more or less) live and up to date each time I view them.

Cons

It's not Domo's fault necessarily, but the obvious challenge is that the source of data pulled from has to be accurate or what is displayed in Domo will not be accurate.

Colin A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Amazing product; confusing at times.

Reviewed on 13/01/2018

Pros

I work in sales and manage a sales team. My favorite thing about Domo is that I can look at graphs that break down my teams sales. I love how I know where we were the previous year, month, and week compared to where we are at the moment.

Cons

I find that some of the features are hard to use especially when I try to access them on the app. This may just be because I am not sufficiently trained on how to use it.

Vivek K.
  • Industry: Insurance

It is a good tool when you have simple Reporting Requirements.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Pros

one of the best feature is using cloud which gives it more flexibility to access data anywhere. Graphs are easy to build. Data is pushed and retrieved faster.

Cons

It is not at all developer friendly, and it does not provide the details about the error when you build a logic for run time. No Filter saving option on the Cards or on the collection. you need to create new pages or sub pages each time if you have a card or group for same filter condition. Very limited features for Pivot type of reports.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Used for 6-12 months

Domo

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

n/a

Pros

My company uses Domo to track assets for our advisors to confirm if they receive a credit on their bill. Domo is super helpful to maintain and track this information

Cons

Domo is not always updated. Also , you are only able to look at the 5 most recent days, which sometimes it would be helpful if we could go back further to find out specific information that is needed or required

Johny W.

Data visualization done right

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

The number of integrations is insane. Even just point Google sheets to Domo is slick and pretty quick to set up. You can share and comment on cards (charts). Most of the charts look really good.

Cons

Some little quirky things that can break cards. Google sheets connect can be sensitive. Can be a little pricey.

Gargi singh C.

Domo BI is a really good product

Reviewed on 28/04/2018

Pretty good product for connecting to databases for quick visualization.

Pros

The Domo BI gave me the option to attach multiple data sources to a common visualization platform which was pretty good.

Cons

There was a little jitter in setting up these connections to the databases, but once it was done, the sync was smooth

• Industry: Insurance
  • Used for Free Trial

Light years behind Tableau

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

I have a lot of experience using business intelligence software to visual complex datasets to my clients and this product does not compare to its competitors. I will not be using this software anytime soon.

Pros

I honestly do not have many postive things to say about this product. I tested this product on a trial basis recently to see if it was a viable solution to replace our dependency on tableau, but it did not live up to my expectations. The one thing I do like about this product vs. tableau is that it is much cheaper.

Cons

In comparison to tableau, the user interface is lacking. Tableau is all about not interrupting developers "flow" as they craft their data visualization. Domo, on the other hand, is clunky and not user friendly. It's unclear to me how they differentiate themselves from tableau...