AppointmentPlus Reviews

AppointmentPlus

Online Appointment Scheduling Software

4.2/5 (97 reviews)

Excellent appointment reminder! Will help you stay organized

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

I got the benefit of organization and never forgetting an appointment.

Pros

I am someone who likes to stay organized. Having a great software to help me remember when to meet with students I am tutoring or when to go to business meetings for my freelance clients, when I have doctor appointments, etc. really helps me out. I have a busy schedule and can forget important appointments without this software! It is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It is also cloud-based, which helps me in case I don't have my computer or phone.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. It took some trial and error to perfect use. Customer service is there to help, however.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for your review of the system. It sounds like you are a tutor. We have hundreds of tutors who use AppointmentPlus. I'm glad the software helps keep you organized with your busy schedule. And yes, the fact that it's cloud-based does make it convenient because you can access your account anywhere at any time. With regard to your comment about the learning curve, it's true. Like most software systems, it takes a little while to get the hang of using the system. But, once you are used to it, it's easy. And, as noted, our customer service team is always ready to help. Thank you again for the excellent review!

Steve S.

My first scheduler

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

I feel it's a pretty user friendly system. I wish admin had a little more power to lock down the scheduling parameters. We have a lot of new users helping us book appointments, they have a habit of adjusting the pre-determined time to fit into slots. Frequent trainings and workshops have helped but not eliminated this. As far as value goes I don't know what the competitors are charging for similar features. I did score features low because I feel we are just getting the basic features for our price and would like to see more inclusions like room reservations. I do like the reports function, I run monthly reports and this is a breeze with the program. I inherited this program from the supervisor before me, I pretty much have been on my own learning to use it, it sounds like now they have quite the extensive training and support program for new users.

Pros

Reports
Ease of scheduling

Cons

I would like to see the whole days worth of appointments and staff on one screen without scrolling right.
I would like to be able to lock the predetermined times given to appointments.

Paul D.

Great Scheduling Software on a Budget

Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Despite the slightly tricky questions this is a great scheduling software that we have had great luck using for years now. I would highly suggest this over some other options out there as once you are set up it really is extremely user friendly.

Pros

There is great customer support and help setting up your Scheduler and users. If you have multiple offices there is also the ability to handle that as well. I find the appointment reminder email to our patients to be perfect. You can allow them to confirm or reschedule and if you choose to add this to your website they can schedule an appointment themselves right online.

Cons

Some of the setup questions seem straight forward but can be a bit tricky and confusing as to the correct way to answer to assist the setup. If you schedule an appointment at the end of your day you have to adjust the length of time of the appointment to fit otherwise it will not allow you to schedule the appointment. Therefore, if you schedule until 4:00 then as some time on the schedule so that you can schedule that slot.

Kevin M.

Thank you for the last 3 years.

Reviewed on 04/08/2016

We had a rough start early on in the partnership with the speed of the API's but once we got past those issues things have been smooth sailing. We didn't cancel because the of anything Appointment Plus did or did not provide, it just didn't make sense for us to continue using it when we had created our own functionality within our application to do scheduling. Overall we had a great partnership with Appointment Plus and I would recommend it to any one looking for a scheduling application.

Pros

API's were dependable once we got them up to our satisfaction

Cons

Along the same line as the Pros, the API's couldn't handle larger amounts of data. We attempted to get schedules for 30 days at a time and the API's could only handle 14 days at a time. This required us to make multiple calls when we wanted to go past 14 days.

Gretchen C.

Fast & Helpful

Reviewed on 25/07/2016

Any time I have ever had an issue or problem, I submit a ticket, they respond telling me they received it and they are working on it. Then, usually within the same day they get back to me and the issue is resolved. They explain why it happened, how to prevent in the future, if applicable and they also give me other helpful resources. I am a very satisfied customer!

Pros

Ease of use and adaptability! There is a lot to this software, but we only use it for a very specific reason and it is very adaptable for what we need it for. It is very easy to use...anybody can log on and just intuitively pick it up and run with it...seriously!

Cons

The reporting function gets a little confusing, probably because there are so many options to choose from.

Valerie R.

No Response from Customer Support

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

A couple of months ago Appointment plus did maintenance which then stopped our paperwork from being able to be printed from the website. It took a few weeks for them to say someone was ontop of it, but then after a week more they told us the problem was resolved. Lo and behold the problem was not resolved. 18 days ago I sent them this letter:

"We have been patient with the issues we've been having due to the update that was made almost a month ago.The day after the update was implimented I contacted you through submitting a ticket regarding a few issues, and days later received a response to my ticket that I should submit another ticket if I'm still having problems. I submitted a ticket and it was passed along between different people saying they were trying to fix the problem, until I got a message saying the problem was fixed last Friday, when it wasn't. I then responded to the ticket to open it again saying it wasn't fixed. That was five days ago and no response.
A large part of a service industry business that does house calls is the technicians being able to have physical paperwork with them and be able to leave a copy of the paperwork with the customer. Because the print button is not populating with the customers information the technicians have had to use twice as much ink and twice as much paper in order to have the information they need. This is costing us money, and does not look very professional to our customers. However, I have noticed that appointment plus has not had any problem with billing us for the service. We aren't trying to be unreasonable. We understand that the print page is not the ONLY aspect of the service you provide that we pay for. However, it has been 23 days since I first reported this issue. And it is a serious one. We need this taken care of immediately. "

I also called them but they were directing all technical calls to a voicemail. Have not gotten ANY response whatsoever.

A manager reached out to me and let me know they would be on top of this after seeing the review. Less than a week later, the problem was resolved.

Anthony J.

Great

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

Works great for our small business. We have multiple different departments and services that we offer and with this program, we can split them up and keep track of all of their appointments for the day. They can also leave themselves or the office notes to add to the customer profiles or for whatever else.

Cons

I haven't found a way that I can look at more than service as a week view. Sometimes that would come in handy.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Anthony, thank you for the five-star review! You emphasized one of the key benefits of the system - the ability to organize multiple departments and services. AppointmentPlus was designed to help businesses stay organized with their scheduling. Note that we do have a month view that lets you look at the entire month at a glance. Give it a try. Thanks again for the review!

Denver S.

Very Positive Experience With the Software and the Customer Support Team

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

Ease of use and the support you receive from customer service is top notch. As soon as a ticket is submitted to look into any matter, you receive a follow up. Very happy with our experience with product.

Cons

Although I have had a very positive experience with the software, the only item that can be of concern sometimes deals with the speed of the interface during peak times. Sometimes the software seems to go slower during certain peak times.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Denver, thank you for the review. And thank you for the kudos on our customer service. We take a lot of pride in providing fast, accurate answers to our clients.

With regard to the peak-time speed issue on your account, we are aware of the issue and have already taken steps to help address it.

Thank you again for the review.

Raylene S.

Three Year AppointmentPlus User

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

There was a learning curve for me using the program. I am not a "tech" person. However, I have come to depend on the program. It has saved me hours of working doing tutor scheduling by hand. It has also cut out about 90% of "no shows" and missed appointments.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and an e-mail goes directly to the tutor, the student, and the administrator.

Cons

We hire a lot of tutors each semester and it takes a lot of time to set up schedules and locations. I wish it could give me a notice when tutors have reached a maximum number of hours they can work. For example: our Federal Work Study tutors can only work 8-10 hrs. a week. I have to watch this carefully.

Powerful

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

Appointment Plus is a powerful system that's great for managing multiple service provider's schedules as well as gathering client data for marketing.

Cons

It's cost. It's a bit too pricey for a small buisness or solo practioner.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for the 5-star review. AppointmentPlus is indeed a powerful scheduler. It has over 700 preference settings that allow for strong configurability. It also provides myriad work flow options.

I see that you noted that you felt the software was pricey. It is true that it's not cheap. However, in terms of ROI, it's hard to beat. Plus, we believe in being hands-on. You get to speak with a coach during the sales process, you get live training for you and your team, and you can speak with a live support agent if you have questions.

Thank you again for your review!

Anthony D.

ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

very dissatisfied, I'm in a tough spot as we cannot just cancel our service & move on. I now have to look for another company and transition away from this platform as they impact to our business is too much to continue this relationship.

Pros

I liked everything they told me the software would do, the customization, the sync with outlook. the email notifications

Cons

during the sales call it appeared they would provide much of the functionality we needed for scheduled our internal appointments. However, piece by piece they started to chip away at the functionality that the software could provide. Outlook integrations didn't work, Customization was limited due to how the account was setup just to name a few. They apologized...
Fine, we found a work around of all those misses.
Now we find that often they are outages, software problems & they customer service is less than helpful. 99% of the time, they advise they need to submit a ticket. Only one rep has every attempted any trouble shooting when i have called. Many of my ticket go unanswered for day or weeks.
I have an open ticket with them for over 6 weeks now. I have 11 locations & 2 of my locations cannot have appointments scheduled.
I've called serval time & just get the run around for 6 weeks... Today i called because the tool is malfunctioning again. and without doing any research i get an almost immediate, "oh, this is a known issue..." ok when will it be fixed I ask. "we do not know, we're working on it."

I have submitted 18 trouble tickets in 6 months. 3 a month. More than half of those tickets I was told these are issues that maybe fixed with future updates.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Hi Anthony. It would be an understatement to say that it was painful to read your review. You sound very frustrated. We failed you and I apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it.

0.0/10
Archie K.

The best scheduling tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

AppointmentPlus makes it easy for our clients to schedule individual phone calls to our call center. This prevents specific time overloads and makes the work flow so we can balance manpower needs. When we can't find the particular combination of commands in their menus, either the knowledge base or their excellent customer service solves the problem. We have gone exclusively to this method of scheduling calls into our call center and it has made our workflow better and our customers happier!

Pros

It is easily customizable so we can give an appointment page the look of the company who's employees will be scheduling their time slots.

Cons

There are a lot of places to hide a command in their settings menu. It can take a little effort to change details to match your needs, but when I can't find the specific combination, their customer service is excellent and very responsive.

Great Way to Keep Track of Students

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Pros

Used this software in our tutoring department at college, it was a great software that all the tutors could use to make appointments for students, it allowed us to filter tutors available by time and subject making it easy to find the best time and tutor for the students needs.

Cons

It was often a little difficult to combine appointments during the same hour time slot.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for the positive review! I see that you use AppointmentPlus for tutoring appointments. We work with both small tutoring companies and with some of the largest universities in the world. I'm happy that you like the flexibility that AppointmentPlus offers with regard to tutor schedules, subjects and student tracking!

Donald C.

Appointment Plus Is Average

Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Very detailed with an abundance of functionality Appointment Plus is a great tool if you have multiple applications in a dynamic setting.

Cons

The UI leaves quite a bit to be desired and customer support isn't always the most effective solution.

Response from Bob

Donald, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We indeed do have an abundance of functionality. That's something that sets us apart. Our system can be configured to meet the unique scheduling needs of most every organization. With regard to the UI, we have just released our new mobile-responsive user interface. It's beautifully-designed and is getting rave reviews. If you'd like to check it, please contact us and we'll enable it for your account. Thanks again for the review!

Thomas S.

Appointment Plus Delivers!

Reviewed on 29/06/2016

The website is very powerful, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but that's a small price for the complete functionality of this powerful tool. We've used it for many different applications, and it never fails to impress and deliver. The best part is the customer service. Always warmly professional.

Pros

The MANY different functions it has. Every scenario seems to have been thought of.

Cons

The only thing that would be nice is if it weren't so complicated and had so many questions to toggle. However, that's what makes it so powerful, so I can't be too concerned. Plus, if I run into a situation I can't figure out, I just email and receive a response or call back with the answer I need.

Jennine E.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

It was so helpful scheduling clients in different rooms, different times, with different therapists. A+ for the scheduling software.

Pros

I loved Appointment Plus because it allowed me to have multiple therapists schedules and multiple rooms. I never had duplicate sessions. It was easy to use and easy for our clients to schedule clients. This has been the best scheduling software I have used./

Cons

I had to stop using the software because we needed to maintain medical records in the same location. I changed software and really miss my experience with Appointment Plus.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Jennine, we appreciate the review and the A+ rating!

Linda M.

Appointments Plus has terrific support. Questions are answered promptly and they work!

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

It has simplified my life and greatly reduced my stress. Now I can focus on my practice.

Pros

This software is easy to manage and negotiate. I've been a user for almost 3 years and am still very satisfied.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for, especially if I decide to change something in my setup. I have found that if I'm patient, I find it.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Linda, thank you for taking the time to write a review for AppointmentPlus. We're glad you like the support you receive. We take a lot of pride in providing outstanding support to our clients. It's also great to hear that AppointmentPlus has simplified your life and reduced your stress. Thanks again for the excellent review!

Karan U.

A good software

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

It is a good software which has most of the features you would generally use for its purpose but still a lot of scope.

Cons

Update was a major fail. It was really disappointing. Hopefully they are looking into it seriously and come up with something better.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Karan, thank you for the review. With regard to the update, I assume you are referring to our software update in March of 2017 (one year ago). That update did indeed have some issues. Since that time, however, we have made major improvements to the release process and have had excellent feedback when we release updates to the system. Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts.

Courtney T.

Overall a very good experience with the product.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. I also really like the mobile capabilities so that we can all stay coordinated even when our techs are out in the field.

Cons

I think the user interface can be a little challenging. the settings can sometimes be unclear and changing the setup or technician names isn't easy.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Courtney, thank you for the review. You mentioned the excellent mobile capabilities of the system. Our iOS and Android apps provide a fast and easy view into the system. They allow staff to book, change and cancel appointments easily from their smartphones. Thanks for pointing that out, and thank you again for the review!

Bj V.

Perfect

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

So easy to keep up with appointments for all of our different departments that we run. Great that our drivers can log into it as well and keep up with what they have for the day and even make the office notes.

Cons

I have no complaints at all with this program. We don't use it to its fullest so no complaints for what I do use.

Response from AppointmentPlus

BJ, thank you for the review. I'm happy to hear that AppointmentPlus is working so well for your business. We've designed it to make multi-department or multi-location operations more efficient. I see that you indeed have multiple departments. Thank you again for the stellar review!

Sara G.

I have had better experiences with other scheduling software. This software has many issues.

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

This has been the scheduling software since I started here, but we are strongly considering a different company.

Pros

I like that you can look at a main page to see if there is a site-wide problem and the amount of time they expect it to be resolved in, versus making a phone call for your first step.

Cons

The software just doesn't work sometimes. Trying to change provider schedules, canceling or booking appointments... it either goes through the whole process and nothing changes, or it gives a reason (that should not be a reason at all) why the software won't allow for the request. For example, when trying to open a provider's schedule last week so she can work an extra day, after pressing 'update' to the new schedule, it will tell me an entirely different day must be changed for some other purpose, when I'm not dealing with that day at all. Hard to explain without showing it. But there are a lot of bugs that need to be worked out.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Sara, thanks for sharing your thoughts. In reading your review, it sounds like you're feeling frustrated with the system.

With regard to the item you noted, that indeed was a known issue and has subsequently been resolved.

I see that you run a massage clinic. We have hundreds of massage clinics using AppointmentPlus. We have a lot of features that suit massage therapists quite well, from room sharing to unlimited customer notes to payment processing. Many of our massage therapy clients have been with us for years.

Thank you again for submitting the review. I apologize for your frustration.

3.0/10
Monica Y.

Keep track of patients appointments

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Friendly application
More than one user at the time
Compatible with other software
Printer-friendly

Cons

Does not work well with some devices. We had issues with androids
Costumer service takes long to respond

Response from AppointmentPlus

Monica, thank you for the review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. You pointed out one of the most powerful parts of the system - the ability for it to handle multiple staff members. We have clients ranging from 1 staff member to thousands. You also noted that is was an easy-to-use, friendly application. We agree! With regard to areas of concern, we did previously have users report some issues with our Android app, but those have now been resolved. I apologize if they caused frustration for you. You also stated that customer service takes too long to respond. You may be referring to a bug fix, as our customer service team typically responds very quickly to questions - most times within minutes. Monica, thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Casey J.

Makes keeping up with multiple schedules so much easier.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

We have multiple technicians that work in different areas and this makes it so much easier to schedule and keep up with who is doing what. And the technicians can sign in from the cell phones and make notes and see what else has been scheduled.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Casey, we appreciate the 5-star review and the 10/10 likelihood to recommend AppointmentPlus to another company. As you noted, the system works really well for businesses that have multiple calendars. We've designed it so that you can quickly and easily manage many staff schedules all at the same time. Thank you again for the excellent review!

Makes scheduling much more efficient!

Reviewed on 11/08/2018

Although I really enjoy the color-coding and ease of google calendar, AppointmentPlus' front-facing feature makes my job so much easier because clients can book and cancel their own appointments by creating a username and login. The amount of messages in our business inbox has decreased significantly since we started using AP, which has been a huge time saver.

Pros

The override feature was very useful for being able to set a front-facing max, but gave the back-end users the option to schedule additional persons when necessary.

Cons

Takes a long time to sync with google calendar if you are creating recurring sessions for several months. Does not sync with google calendar if you are creating a past event.

Response from AppointmentPlus

We agree that AppointmentPlus makes scheduling much more efficient!

Thank you for the review and the kudos on the software. The override feature is a powerful way to control the availability your customers see while providing internal staff the flexibility to book as needed.

You pointed out that the Google sync feature can be slow if syncing a lot of recurring sessions. You'll be happy to know that we've completely redesigned our Google sync. It's now much faster and much more powerful. Check it out when you have a moment. We think you'll like it.

Thank you again for the kind words and positive review.

7.0/10
Steven M.

I think the software is very intuitive to use.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

I really like how intuitive and easy the software is to use. I also found the customer support extremely helpful.

Cons

I honestly do not have a whole lot of pad things to say about the software except that may be too robust for a small group of users.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Steven, thank you for your review of AppointmentPlus. I appreciate your kind words on how the software is intuitive and easy to use. You also talked about our customer support being extremely helpful. It can oftentimes be a cliche for companies to advertise that they provide outstanding customer support, but time and again we get positive feedback from our clients on our service. In today's impersonal world, clients tell us that it's refreshing to get to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable person when they have a question. Thanks for pointing that out, and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is very much appreciated.

7.0/10