simPRO Reviews

simPRO

Streamline operations. Increase profits. Grow your business.

4.4/5 (65 reviews)
Rob H.

Robust and intuitive field management software

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Overall, this has been an amazing experience for us. The software feels like just what the doctor ordered and we are very happy with the choice. The simPRO team has been rock solid, supportive, knowledgeable, and fun to work with from day 1.

Pros

When it comes to field service management this is custom software which is hard to beat. simPRO is bringing a new level and caliber of organization and efficiency to our business and we are still implementing all that it offers. Our field techs now have vastly more relevant information at their fingertips than ever before which is empowering them to be more productive, efficient, and professional.

Cons

There are a few confusing aspects of the contacts database and how it relates and connects to jobs, quotes, customers, etc. There are a number of static fields which do not populate from the existing customer database when it seems they should. For instance, if we have an existing contact, we can not simply lookup and connect it to a site contact or invoice contact without some hoops and hurdles.

Joel A.

simPRO works well for our us

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

The software has really improved the overall functionality of our business as a whole. There are flaws in the simPRO Enterprise software... but I would still say that it is the best software for our business, that I could see. We tried many other software packages... and none of them had as many features and worked as well with our workflow.

Pros

The workflow in simPRO is quite comprehensive and yet logical. We love the ability to turn a lead into a quote... then track it into a job, and to an invoice and payment. The fact that our staff can login to the software anywhere in the world makes working on the road so easy.

Quoting in simPRO can be easy and straightforward when the software is set up properly.

The simPRO Mobile App is logical and easy for our technicians to add time and materials to in the field. The ability to easily add photos and attachments to the job is a nice feature. Also, tracking asset information and test readings is another great feature.

Invoicing is logical and fairly easy. Taking payments and giving credit memos is also very easy to do.

Inventory management, purchase orders, vendor receipts and vendor invoices are all handled quite well. We struggle keeping up with our vendor receipts, but we like the workflow.

We also like the project management aspect of the software.

Cons

Learning the software was hard for a lot of our employees. Although the software is logical, it's not always straightforward to do certain tasks. Because simPRO is such a global software, certain features do not always translate to Canadian business practice.

We find the inventory management part of the software to be a little overwhelming.... and adding/removing parts on work orders can be hard.

Timothy O.

Comprehensive Solution

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Implementing simPRO is one of the more significant reasons for our growth over the past five years. Having visibility into job costing throughout the project rather than just when the project is finished, has allowed us to spot and react to project issues earlier. The ability to view a project from start to finish, including all job purchases, labor entries as well as customer invoices and the status of payments, has liberated management to concentrate on more strategic issues to drive growth and improve overall.

Pros

I like that we can track a job/project through the entire process starting with Lead Generation to creating an Estimate and then converting the estimate into a Job/Project all the way through to the final invoice. All stages of the project life cycle can be tracked and job-costing is a breeze because all job Purchase Orders, technician time sheets, etc. are visible.
The inventory management capabilities are a significant improvement over our previous methods. Having all of our vendor's products entered into the Catalog with visibility into our current on-hand inventory makes things more efficient during the estimating process and provides means of controlling how and when materials are assigned to jobs.

Cons

The user interface can be improved a little to make accessing information a bit more intuitive. It is not difficult by any measure, but I would like to see more flexibility and drag-and-drop capabilities - especially with the estimating portion.

Nichole S.

Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Our workflow is much more efficient and all users can easily see the information they need to do their jobs. The implementation/set-up was essential in getting us up and running quickly and without the frustrations that can come with learning anything new. Our Implementation Consultant has been fantastic! I have been in contact multiple times with the Help Desk/Software Support and they are great too!

Pros

Rather than a cookie cutter software, we were able to build simPRO specifically for OUR company's needs. It is saving us more time than I ever imagined! It is user friendly from both the administration and technician standpoint. My technicians are actually excited about using simPRO because it is straightforward and efficient.

Cons

It has taken time to get it up and running just the way we want it, but that would be the case with any software.

John S.

SimPro Suite is a CRM that Provides a Great Software and Excellent Supprt

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

All clients and leads are easily entered. The site locations are very important since we may deal with a Property Management firm, that has several sites. Each site a specific entity, ie., LLC or related corporate entity. Sites have different Property Managers, Building Supers and in many cases different Purchasing Managers and Account managers.

Pros

Our company, Tesco Fire Services, Inc., has been using SimPro for several years. As a sales and marketing manager, I used SimPro as a tool for leads, prospects and eventually clients. It worked fine for me.
Implementation Consultant with SimPro visited our office a few weeks ago and introduced me to so much more SimPro has to offer. She showed me all I was missing and how to make SimPro more effective from a sales standpoint. Also, how SimPro enhances our quoting, service calls, billing, invoicing and most of all customer service. She is a first class professional. Her knowledge of SimPro is solid and her enthusiasm is infectious. She combines knowledge with humor. Especially for someone like me that is not a technological person to begin with.
Thanks to her and team SimPro is making our lives easier, cost efficient and dependable.

Cons

I could lie and make something up, but that would be counterproductive. I like SimPro the way it is.

Nicola D.

Right From the Beginning!

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

As I said above, we were one of the first Canadian users - and simPRO did not yet have it's US presence. They were so accommodating - they would come in to work early and catch us at the end of our days. Even with the time difference, they did everything in their power to make our implementation go smoothly. And immediately after we went live, they were attentive to our change requests.

Pros

simPRO Enterprise is functional! And improving all the time. It's quick to load and easy to navigate. Now, this may be because we were one of the first to use it in Canada, but the level of customer service and attention to the users requests throughout our set up and subsequent upgrades has been amazing.

Cons

I would say, it has a learning curve - but if your implementation team are on the ball - you'll be ok!

Tyler B.

Great Product for SMB

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

It is pretty good. The support improved with the transition from Australia to local US support. Things have sort of gone backward since rep left though and now the support isn't the same and I really believe that a lot of it has to do with the fact that rep had done so many implementations that he knew the different ways to skin the cat to achieve implementation objectives.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, easy to scale up and down with the software.

Cons

I hate the fact that I cannot remove the ability by security group to download whatever is on the screen. This is a huge data info/sec problem. For a business product I should have the ability to limit employee's ability to download a CSV file from any screen effectively handing out my pipeline, customer list, etc to whomever they want. There should be some control for this and this is almost to the point where the product is unusable because of security requirements we have from our own customers.

Wesley B.

This system works perfect for our business

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

1 - Sales Guy : I'm super happy that rep came out to help me sell this software to the owners of my company. We had an awesome chat and he supported me time and time again. We did face difficulties in some parts of the implementation, but rep did an awesome job of feidling my questions and providing answers.
2 - Onsite Phase 1: We feel entirely honored that we had the opportunity to be brought into this system with our on-site trainer. He has been with simPRO for quite some time and has a lot of great experience. The solutions he delivered to us in our routine were exactly what we needed to progress.
3 - Support: Everyone on my team loves the fact that we can call and bug someone about this software and we are welcomed to do so. The support staff are happy to answer questions, they make me feel like they are literally on my team whenever I have questions. We both look our current system and find the exact solution to whatever issue I have had.

Pros

I am able to customize and report on about pretty much everything I could possibly desire. We are all very happy with the way this system handles assets, we will be able to move our entire previous work history into these notes as it pertains to site location. We don't really care who owns the property. Our service life is about 10 years, it is very normal that owners change. This system organizes information perfectly to suite our needs.

Cons

We had a very unique QuickBooks system that had many quirks. I am a troubleshooter by heart and couldn't rest until we discovered a way to take the info kept in QuickBooks and bring it to simPRO. Ultimately, this was discovered to be double duty and not worth the effort. In the defense of simPRO - they did advise me that this was the case. I was very stubborn. Looking back on that experience it definitely went as well as it possibly could considering how much I was 'addicted' to that information. It did turn out that the route of not importing that work history, due to its complexity, was the right decision.

Carl V.

The best software I ever got, been using a year and has transformed my business.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

I have tried all of them and this is truly cloud based, it keep all my suppliers, customers, employees and subcontractors details in one place and tracks all reminders like contracts and certificates and suppliers insurances and training need.
The quoting system is the best we have used and it produces great looking quotes very easily.
Once you have secured a project costing a job from labour to materials and subcontractors is effortless. We use it for jobs from £75 to £5m and everyone in our business loves it.
It give you complete visibility on profit and costs.
We also use it to create all purchase orders, subcontract orders and everyone in the business does there time sheet on it, my payroll now takes 60 minutes as opposed most of the day.

We have saved more than the cost of this software in admin costs alone, the pricing model is great as you can kick off for just £70 per month.

We all invoice and raise progress applications on it and do all our debt collection.

We also manage our vehicle fleet, plant and have clients who log in to give us work and also monitor their assets we maintain.

It has a task feature which is average and we don't use it for project management as there are much better free online soltuions for Gantt charts etc.

It is very powerful and so will seem daunting for smaller companies And technophobes, but in reality I taught my 10 year old to use it in 5 mins.

I used Trimble before this.

Cons

Word processing could be slicker but there is an easy Work around.

Rest of bugs they have resolved, it gets constant updates and upgrades.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Carl, wow! Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. We¿re so happy to see just how much our business has helped you, and how satisfied you are with our service. With regards to your comments on Word processing, feel free to contact our support team on 0800 622 6376 if you require assistance, otherwise, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to put your suggestions in about how we could improve! From, Team simPRO.

Robert S.

SimPRO and ProSec Integration

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

SimPRO is a great tool to use for the type of business we operate. It helps us manage material and labor costs very effectively. Once you are properly trained and understand how the system works, preparing quotes is quick and the documents are professional looking.

Pros

Job costing is an important concern for us and SimPRO does an excellent job of tracking job costs. We are hoping for continual development in the ease of use for tracking labor and time on the job, but overall, SimPRO does a great job of job cost management.

Cons

Seems clunky and non-intuitive at first and training from SimPRO after the initial roll out is not complimentary and quite costly. Also, there are some features that I wish could be improved, such as contract / agreement integration and a more intuitive way to find / locate jobs on the fly using the mobile app. I am looking forward to the rollout of the new SimPRO Mobile app, which may address the later concern.

Carl U.

Growth, Development &

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Bring CRM, quote management, inventory, service & billing has been a benefit that cannot be overstated! We've grown with the SimPro product & the team has been so receptive to our needs. Bringing customer service to the US has reduced the wait time & ability to address issues by 90% (not to mention the familiarity of speaking the same language)!

Pros

SimPro has helped our bottom line grow & grow & brings many departments into 1 platform!

Cons

Items like customer contacts & customer setup require multiple data entries. Quote forms needs higher level of editing to produce a pleasing, eye-catching aesthetic presentation form.

Cheryl B.

Simpro has 98% of what you need!

Almost excellent

Pros

This software gives a clear path from quote, convert to a job, dispatchers schedule, workers go and type job details, arrival and departure times into the phone app, and those jobs are converted to bills, and simpro records payements. The reports section is extensive and provides much information. We use reports that show company stats, efficiency, billable vs. non - billable time, and so much more!

Cons

There is a section where new ideas for needed options are written by users and 'voted upon.' It took simpro two years to implement a true productivity report, so if you have specific needs they may rate them low and take a long time to create what is requested.

Christian B.

Good software for Service based Trades

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I had used it briefly, then went another route due to some "must haves" I had with the mobile app.
The mobile app has since come a long way and appears to have become much more usable for field techs.

Pros

With my employees being in the field and primarily using the mobile, it's nice to have a "mobile only" license for them.
Other companies require everyone to have a full license which, in my opinion, is a waste since they won't use 10% of what that entails

Cons

Mandatory on-site setup and no ability to have a trial instance

John S.

SimPro has made my life much easier in securing new business. Everything I require is right there.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Increased sales. Better organizing of prospects, jobs and client needs.

Pros

The system is very user friendly. I am able to log in all my prospects and keep an accurate record of all contacts, calls made emails sent and received. Attachments for all documents at your fingertips. Since many of my prospects have multiple sites, I can list each site with on-premises contacts for our scheduling and operations department. Nothing falls through the cracks. The training and assistance from the SimPro Staff is magnificent. SimPro professionals are outstanding. They conducted the training and made certain our team was comfortable with SimPro before leaving. For those of us who have basic technological skills, the help I received from SimPro is amazing. This is the type of staff who connects with me just to, "say hello and how are things going?" This is not too common in today's business environment. Clients are thrilled that during a meeting I can pull up Simpro and provide answers to all their questions. I recommend SimPro to anyone who is looking for a user friendly CRM that works.

Cons

I had to keep remembering to hit the save button following data input. Also, I had a bad habit of hitting the back key instead of cancel. Once I got over these it was smooth sailing.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there John, we are so glad to hear that simPRO has made such an impact on your and your business. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please head on over to our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to send us your advice.

From, Team simPRO.

Dan S.

Excellent software to run our business!

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

This is a great software that we will be using for a long time!

Pros

Customer support is always available when we need them and extremely easy to work with. SimPro software has extensive features to grow with our business. It is an all-in-one solution for us and eliminated the need for complex integrations.

Cons

Setup took some time and implementing required a lot of tweaks to the setup. But, with the amount of features we are utilizing it was to be expected. It also really helped to have a Simpro implementation specialist onsite during the process. Much better than trying to do it remotely like we have with previous software.

Andrew M.

Great solution!

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Our experience has been great. We have been using it for about 6 months tho we have had it over a year. Still learning different things we need to do to get it set up. I wish it was easier to get going out of the gate.

Pros

Bid creation. It is great to be able to pull a part from our catalog and then have a time associated to it and not need to calculate it.

Cons

There are some ease of use issue complaints I have gotten from our team. But once you get a hang of it, it is great. Just a bit of a learning curve from what they are used to.

Jarey S.

Streamlining our process

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

I can leave town and still keep an eye on jobs, billing and progress. I can approve jobs, make modifications by just logging in from anywhere. The time it takes to do a task of my staff and myself has been reduced tremendously.
Finding a client file vs just looking it up in simPRO is huge time saver!

Pros

Saving of Staff time, less paperwork, easier to find info on clients quickly. Also the log of every event from who created a job, to notes from a phone call. Makes it easy to look at timeline.

Cons

Not being able to share attatchments within software from office to field level without going outside of software. Not being able to modify inventory on completed invoice.
Trainers were great, but they were not familiar with my industry.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Jarey, thank you for taking the time to review simPRO! We're glad to hear that simPRO is helping you save time in your daily operations. If you need any additional help with attachments, invoicing, or other simPRO features, please refer to the simPRO helpdesk: https://helpdesk.simprogroup.com.

Mike H.

total solution

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

From the first day we got introduced to simpro, we found extreme value in it.
From job taking, quotes, scheduling, accounting integration, inventory tracking and more, it has met our needs to be a near total paperless company.

with eforms, our employees never lose information on inspections or installations.

With connect, full access in the palm of their hands.

Pros

the fact that is a online system, who cares if the computer crash's!!! we had a major fire in our city in 2016 and we had to run mobile, 1 laptop and a cellphone and we were back up and running!

Cons

Only con I have is that it is not available in Canadian dollars, have to pay more with exchange.

Justin S.

Great experience overall! Amazing staff, especially training and support team!

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

Unlike a lot of other job management software we looked at, simPRO offers in-person training and live US support. The software itself is robust and offers plenty of functionality for our painting business, but it really comes down to the training and continued support. We looked at some cheaper options, and although training was an additional expense, it was worth every penny. Without the training, we would have been lost and unable to use the software. The trainers are great and keep training light and are knowledgeable business consultants. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

The user interface and dashboard are a bit dated, but I know the development team is working on updating in the future. Other than that, no complaints! SimPRO runs our whole painting business operations and workflows.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi Justin, thank you for your review. We¿re always happy to see businesses take advantage of our training and support, and even happier when it leaves them feeling confident and satisfied. If you¿ve got any suggestions for further development and improvement of our product, please don¿t hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at: http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/Welcome.htm). As always, we appreciate the feedback!

From,
Team simPRO

Fantastic, business has been able to grow with zero additional admin cost.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Too many benefits to outline. it has helped us streamline our business and really push forward. I cant recommend simPRO enough. Now that more features are being developed it is getting stronger and stronger,

Pros

The system is user-friendly and very easy to navigate.

They have a great support team that are always available. An open API has allowed us to link the system with other software like Xero, Ground Plan and especially Allsaved Mobile.

Cons

The schedule needs work.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that our service is helping you to improve your business, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with our solutions! With regards to your suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to head over to our Ideas Portal (which can be found at http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm) to lodge your suggestions! We really value our customer¿s ideas and contributions. From, Team simPRO

Michael S.

Great productivity tool for dispatch and tracking

Reviewed on 22/10/2018

Pros

Our company was growing and we began looking for software to track and manage our field technicians. We tried out many different softwares on the market. As soon as we tried SimPro we knew it was the software for us. We've been using this software since 2015 and it has streamlined our scheduling, dispatch, and invoicing. Additionally, it allows live tracking of technicians.

After technician completes the job, there is no paperwork to deal with and all the information is synced to our office immediately.

Cons

While SimPro has a great staff and video tutorials that will help train you, it is a robust software and has many features that will take some time to learn.

Nicole P.

So many uses

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Pros

I love being able to integrate all the processes, from my technicians time, to purchase orders, to inventory tracking, and customer asset management. Simpro offers a robust system, with more features than we will probably ever be able to use.

Cons

As our company has grown, we have had to add several users, causing what was a reasonable price to be quite expensive now.
Technicians and sales app doesn't always cooperate especially in areas of poor cell service.

Lesley D.

simPRO review

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Pros

Layout is easy to use. Able to customize invoices, etc. Tracks inventory.

Cons

Purchased the software and then almost immediately needed to upgrade to get the features we'd like.

Richard C.

Transformational. Easily the most impressive application I've come across in recent years.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/01/2018

I am actively recommending simPro across my newtork of trusted partners.

Pros

The coherent integration of capabilities ' functionality across the full E2E process, from: initial customer contact; through estimating; execution (delivery); invoicing; seamless integration with Xero.

Optimises workflow ' scheduling; reduces cost; reduces risk (audit trail; H'S); removes paper; removes duplication; increases transparency across the business; improves return on all assets ' resources (inventory; vehicles; skilled technicians).

Love that it enables a large 'estate' of technical (installed) assets / equipment (v high value) to be managed, and scheduled for an ongoing programme of maintenance - is a huge value add for a technical service contractor to be able to offer this to an 'end-customer', who often has no means of effectively managing own asset register / 'estate'.

Powerful MI to model, refine ' improve profitability job by job; by line of business.

Response from simPRO Software

Hi there Richard, thank you so much for the kind feedback. It is great to hear that we are providing you with a service that is beneficial to your business and your staff! It¿s also great to hear that you are referring our service to your network. From, Team simPRO

Jaron R.

SimPro has greatly improved our invoicing and estimating capabilities.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Pros

If there is one thing, to say, I like most about SimPro, it would have to be the ability to quote, create a scheduled job, and invoice that Job all in a matter of minutes compared to hand typing everything over and over again, or losing track of time. It's just simple.

Cons

There are minor things about SimPro that could use work, but overall there is nothing I can say I like least about the software.

Response from simPRO Software

Hello Jaron, we¿re glad to hear our product has helped you to speed up your general admin time! We noticed that you referenced a few minor opportunities for improvement; any ideas or suggestions that you have are more than welcome to be contributed through our Ideas Portal (http://helpguide.simprogroup.com/Content/simPRO-Ideas-Portal-Guidelines.htm). We invite you to head on over there when you can and input some of your advice.