Looker

246 Reviews for UK Users

Anoop
Anoop
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent tool Data visualization and analytics

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Looker has been my go to tool for analytics, reporting and dashboarding. It is very easy to learn for an individual. It is user friendly as well. Overall good experience from the tool. It is way better than Tableau and Qlik.

Pros

First and foremost, the most important feature of Looker is, it is cloud based BI tool which can be accessed remotely and easy to work unless like other tools where it requires to be installed in the PC.It has clean and simple UI which is very to build dashboards and reports.Lookml option provides benefit of flexibility in code which in turn help to create own metrics and create calculations. This helps for the marketer or developer to have the control of the metrics Data modelling is very easy to create and Looker has the capacity to sync with various connectors to access the data from other sources, which solves the use case of having 3rd party connectors.

Cons

The new interface of swapping between read-only and developer is not that great. The older version was better as compared to the new one. Customer support is gone from good to bad. When I had queries , customer support team could not help as they themselves were not aware of the tool and also they share articles which are available with google search to diagnose.The codes should have an option to export to PDF.

Mariana

Looker Studio is an absolute game-changer

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

Over the past two years, my experience with Looker Studio, coupled with Porter Metrics connectors, has been incredibly positive. The combination of Looker Studio's robust data analytics capabilities and the seamless integration provided by Porter Metrics has streamlined my data analysis processes and empowered me to derive valuable insights efficiently. The user-friendly interface of Looker Studio has made navigating complex data models a breeze, while Porter Metrics connectors have facilitated smooth data integration from various sources. This partnership has not only enhanced my data-driven decision-making but has also simplified the overall analytics experience, making it an essential part of my workflow.

Pros

Looker Studio's standout features is its robust data modeling capabilities. The ability to create and customize data models is crucial in tailoring analytics to meet specific business needs. Looker Studio makes this process remarkably straightforward, empowering users to build complex models with ease. This flexibility ensures that you can derive insights that are truly relevant to your organization.

Cons

The flexibility and customization options in Looker Studio can be both a strength and a weakness. While it allows for tailored analytics solutions, it can also be complex to set up intricate data models and dashboards, requiring a higher level of technical expertise.

Jo
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Looker Review

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Displeased and frustrated.

Displeased and frustrated.

Pros

The option to pull a lot of data in an organized fashion.

Cons

This software RARELY works, it's completely glitchy. I use it, well, I attempt to use it, daily. But I continuously receive the No Date to Report message. It completely hinders my job as I need the data from the reporting. Seriously, it is glitchy every single day.

Stephen

Easy to use data analytic solution

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Pros

I like that the tool is easy to use even for non-technical members and does a great job analyzing complex data. The onboarding process is easy.

Cons

The only downside is that at times the performance is slow and the loading time is sometimes long

Kevin

Powerful but complex

Reviewed on 13/08/2023

Pros

It's quickly ingests the data we need to run reports and build visualizations for various teams.

Cons

It doesn't follow the same data schema and handle objects from salesforce the same way so we have had to manipulate various fields to make Looker connect properly. The data quality doesn't always match salesforce.

Yasin
  • Industry: Food Production

Looker is the only visualization tool you need for project data

Reviewed on 17/09/2023

I love using Looker to manage our dashboards. We usually need dashboards very quickly and don't really use them that long, so the ability Looker provides for designing charts and tables fast has been a massive relief.

Pros

I love how quickly you can set up advanced charts with it without using code. Being able to create dashboards from scratch in a short amount of time is a huge plus for us as we usually deal with unique instances that require new bits of data.

Cons

It takes forever to load when you're running larger queries. We had to split some views two or three times to be able to have it work properly

Zyad

Google Looker for your business intelligence

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

We are using Google Looker to integrate with NetSuite so that we can create some complex reports.

Pros

Google Looker is the best business intelligence tool for your business it can be integrated with many software and tools to collect data and information and reshape them into table, charts, KPIs, and workbooks. I like that it can deal with many data types and can be integrated with many types of servers and systems.

Cons

Google Looker is one of the best tools I have ever used and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Darren
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good at accessing our data tables and visually displaying results to clients

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pros

It's a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with everything in Looker, but once you get there it really is a great product. Many different visualization options to show clients what is going on with their customer behavior and identify trends.

Cons

This might be an internal thing, but sometimes when I make a bunch of a changes to a dashboard and click Save, I get an error message. Resulting in having to start over and do each change individually and then saving.

Luis
Luis

Best Dashboard tool for SEO and Marketing

Reviewed on 17/03/2024

Being using Looker (previously datastudio) for years and they continue to improve the tool.

Pros

You can create really powerful and complete dashboards totally for free. They're updated in real time and you can easily share them with coworkers or clients.

Cons

Sometimes the interface is really clumsy and is hard to update data.

An outstanding web-based application for creating dashboards

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

The way to show insights based on data, and processing tons of data and cross them with other data sets so you can have as an outcome easy to digest information for high level reports or detailed reports.

Pros

What truly stands out for me with Looker Studio is its user-friendly interface and the seamless integration with Google connectors. This pre-built connection to link your data from Google Sheets to the platform simplifies the process significantly. Once the data is linked, creating customized dashboards featuring a variety of graphs is a breeze, allowing you to tailor them to your company's color scheme and preferences

Cons

In the free version, I hope for future updates that Looker Studio will offer the capability to establish connections with PostgreSQL databases through SSH or VPN

Looker converts your data into concrete digital marketing actions

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

As a digital marketing manager at a specialty fashion retail corporation, I have had the opportunity to use Looker daily. This analytics platform has become an indispensable tool for assessing the effectiveness of our strategies and campaigns.It enables us to make better decisions based on more accurate and personalized data. Its ability to integrate with Tableau expands our analytical capabilities, while its digital marketing-specific features allow us to optimize our SEO and keyword strategies.Although it is important to consider potential delays when solving technical problems, Looker's value to our daily work is undeniable. This platform is highly recommended for all digital marketers looking to maximize their performance and gain actionable insights to improve their strategies.

Pros

Looker allows marketers to create and track custom metrics and specific KPIs, which is extremely useful for evaluating and measuring the success of our initiatives. I can get a detailed view of the performance of our strategies in real-time thanks to its advanced analytical capabilities.Looker's capabilities extend beyond general analysis to include specific functionality for digital marketing. I can analyze SEO and keyword data, identify relevant trends, and evaluate the performance of specific keywords. This data enables me to fine-tune our optimization strategies and increase our visibility in search engines.

Cons

When technical issues, such as reporting issues or data visualization issues, arise, our ability to make informed decisions and respond quickly is jeopardized. Instead of addressing problems and finding solutions directly, we must pause our activities and wait for IT or technical support to intervene and resolve the issues.These delays can have a significant impact on our daily operations' agility. Decisions based on quick, up-to-date analysis are critical in digital marketing, where trends change quickly, and adaptability is critical to success. Delays in resolving technical issues may impair our ability to capitalize on opportunities, adjust strategies, or fix bugs in real-time.

Ngaafare
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Data mining with a professional touch

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Great tool it gives the organisation a touch of professionalism in data analysis processes.

Pros

Modeling platform which allows the me to codify data visualization using a proprietary modeling language.
The self-service visualization tools that allows end users to access the benefits of data analysis.
Looker has one of the best user interface on market very easy to use and in my organisation it very useful because it saves time and costs of training.

Cons

Integration with my business has not been difficult at all but the difficulty came from the product's need for a lot of processing power and its use of a lot of RAM.

Tableau

Reasons for Choosing Looker

functionality and user interface.

Tableau

Reasons for Switching to Looker

Looker is very easy to use.
Dheeraj
Dheeraj

Data analysis is simple using this application

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

The most cutting-edge method for creating data experiences and products is called Looker. From a user perspective, Looker is incredibly simple to use. Clear filters let you access data that I need to execute my job on a daily basis, especially when I'm retrieving client health scores.

Pros

It is a great delight to strengthen my data analysis system. Scheduling reports is another great way to avoid acting as a middleman between various clients in my opinion. Flexibility, durability, the LookML Semantic layer, dependability, scalability, and the set of tools for modifying data experiences. Very versatile when it comes to writing code and showing tiles; the greatest aspect is the dynamic nature of the results presentation, which makes it easier to examine results while on the go.

Cons

There are fewer things that can be done at the tile level, which limits functionality. Such dynamicness is required for a more thorough dashboarding experience. Less restrictions on things, in my opinion, would allow me to dream a little greater. Additionally, the forecasting function may be improved. Just a bit more conviction in this amazing product would do.

Isam

The best tool for business intelligence

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

As a CFO, Google Looker helps me monitoring budgets and financial information about our company. It is a great tool that helps me taking financial decisions.

Pros

Google Looker is one of the best business intelligence tools, it offers many features and visualizations that can help business owners to view real-time reports and dashboards. Also, Google Looker is fully customized so that you can make your own reports, graphs, and dashboards.

Cons

Google Looker is complex and hard to learn especially when you are trying to make complex data collection or reports.

Jonathan

A game changing data tool

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Looker is a game changing tool insofar as it provides a 21st century approach to data tooling that massively amplifies how organisations can get access to, explore and power applications through data without making sacrifices from an accuracy perspective. Looker's company culture is fantastic and the focus on customer support really helps to extent the impact of the product itself.

Pros

* LookML because it enables a scalable semantic layer wherein business rules can be defined in a single place and logic is code based thereby enabling version control, testing and auditing.
* Extendability because the data platform focus enables businesses to serve data to applications and people through a single component
* Customer experience focus

Cons

* It can be hard to navigate the huge volumes of content that users build on Looker and find the canonical/VIP products that are the foundation for any company

Daniel

Looker transforms companies

Reviewed on 04/08/2015

Pros

It's a great product for giving people in all departments of your company access to data and allow them to explore what your data can provide. Rather than having to always go to the Business Intelligence or Analytics team, people of any level can query data without any SQL knowledge or understanding and yield results that are either directly actionable or ask more questions that can be answered using Looker. We ran an initial 30 days trial with a view that only our analysts and BI team members would use it. By the end of the 30 days, everyone from the COO down to the account teams were using it. It's amazing.

Furthermore, the vendor is smart, responsive and constantly improving the product, delivering a new version approximately every month. Their customer service is second-to-none and they are always happy to hear about new features that you need in the product. Very pleased overall with their service, strategy and plan to expand our use of them to our clients over the next few months.

Cons

Looker are still very heavily US based. They have just started an EU office, but support is still largely limited to US West Coast hours (although they seem to wake up at stupid o'clock to deal with some of our issues and plan to have support in the EU soon).

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Looker works great for monitoring campaign performance

Reviewed on 03/06/2023

Looker has helped us a lot with monitoring our ads' performance with data points that aren't available on the ad platforms already. Thanks to it, we can calculate our ROI better and make decisions accordingly.

Pros

Reports and dashboards are extremely simple to set up with Looker. It removed our need to ask for data all the time because it doesn't require much technical knowledge to be able to learn how to use it and we can all quickly fetch and chart most data with it on our own.

Cons

The support team is close to nonexistent and there aren't many support resources that explain how to do complex tasks with it.

Ben

All your data, visualized

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Great data visualization platform that opens up so many options and possibilities.

Pros

Looker's customizable dashboards are the heart and soul of the platform, and the most valuable part in my opinion. I can (and do) create dashboards for almost everything, from customer engagement, to content performance, and even technical metrics of a web application. This freedom to track and visualize almost any data source within a business is just incredible, and well worth the steep learning curve.

Looker can aid in team productivity as well. We use quarterly dashboards to track key metrics, so that everyone can see (in real-time!) how our organization is doing. It's very encouraging for the team to actually see progress over time in a chart, rather than just hearing/reading numbers.

Cons

Looker can feel clunky. This is not just because you need to know SQL to really use it well, but because the UI is slow, on occasion. Granted, if your data warehouse is slow/enormous, Looker can only do so much. But even for regular data analytics tasks, it can be sluggish.

Also, I do not like some of the predefined formatting for graphs/charts/visuals. The size-to-information ratio seems way off at times, but perhaps this is customizable and I have not discovered the settings yet.

Terence
Terence

I work as the lead BI developer and Administrator of Looker at my company.

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Pros

For your developers, the customer service is superior. They also do a great job reaching out to your primary users. With respect to frontend users, those using it for simpler data retrieval/review, their interface is rather easy to use and logical to work through. They do a lot to make the system as simple as possible. Only your BI developers and/or data engineering team can clutter the space.

Cons

If you decide to purchase the non-customized version, the color palette Looker uses is rather bland (More noticeable to executives and heavy users-most users will be fine with it though). The company's integrations are rather limited, but supposed to improve with Looker 5 (via the Action Hub). However, it seems that most integrations will require purchasing from third parties, instead of being a Looker hosted and "controlled" solution you purchase through them. That complicates the process.

Anuja

Great self-service reporting tool

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

I started using Looker in Feb 2018 and have found it to be a very useful tool. We use this as our main analytical reporting tool at the moment and I only expect things to improve with the upcoming acquisition by Google.

Pros

YAML like LookML
Ability to have comprehensive data models
Ease of training users to self-serve user defined Dashboards and Looks
Great usage statistics via the System and User Activity explores

Cons

The visualizations need to catch up quite a bit so they look more professional grade a-la nytimes style story telling viz. Can accomplish more sophisticated things using API for sankey or other visualizations but these need additional work. Ability to run cross DB queries in case of multiple warehouses / data marts.

Mukeshkumar

Looker helped us create dashboards & reports with good visualizations and charts for our client

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Pros

Looker's user-friendly interface made it easy for us explore and use. It has good drag-and-drop features , which made it easy for us to create dashboards and reports. Looker's data modeling capabilities enabled us to create and manage data models that can be used across multiple data sources. This provided us a unified view of data and made it easy for us to analyze and explore. It has the ability to add custom visualizations and integrations. we also were able to share reports and dashboards with business users , making it easy to collaborate on data analysis and insights.

Cons

Looker's data source support is limited. We require significant training to fully utilize its features and functionalities. Its customization capabilities are limited compared to other BI platforms.

• Industry: Information Services

Easy, Flexible, Effective Data Analysis

Reviewed on 20/04/2019

Looker is an excellent tool. I highly recommend it! While it requires some setup at the start, it ultimately saves time by empowering non-technically skilled coworkers to analyze data on their own!

Pros

Looker allows data to be accessible by team members who do not have technical skills like SQL or Python. It's user interface is easy to use; quickly and easily one can have impressive visualizations encompassing complex data sets. Looker is a powerful tool, useful for adding data visualizations to reports, making data-driven business decisions, and any other task requiring you to analyze data. Looker has also put out a great series of instructional videos which are helpful in learning how to use the program optimally.

Cons

The initial setup and development of Looker requires time, attention, and work. The software is a great user interface to access data, but configuring the program to access your data requires a lot of programming, troubleshooting, and general work from the data science team. The utility of the program is definitely worth the work, but you should not expect to begin using the program as soon as you get it--it requires some setup.

James

Looker can handle it all

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Overall Looker has been a powerful tool for our company to draw data insights from.

Pros

Looker is a great tool for KPIs and data visualization. It's powerful enough to handle many large queries and return simplified dashboards for end users.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to using Looker and some of the shortcoming in "and/or" filtering make the need to leverage custom filters even higher.

Mickey

A cheap, easy and robust tool for data visualization and reporting.

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

Pros

Looker is currently the best data visualization tool out there for those that are on a budget. That is because Looker is free to use.

Cons

While Looker is relatively easy to use for those who have a data analytics background. I do think that Looker could be easier and more intuitive to set up. Especially setting up data sources can be tricky.

Alexis
  • Industry: Consumer Services

An excellent tool and true to the description

Reviewed on 18/02/2023

It's convenient to have a place where you can compare data from several sources. Looker is really simple to use and adapts to your level of technical expertise.

Pros

The tool Looker is fantastic. I strongly recommend it! The time it takes to put it up is eventually worth it because it allows less tech-savvy peers to study data independently.

Cons

Although assistance is usually available, occasionally requests take a little to process and with all the security patches, the information can be a little limited.