Slack

4.7 (23,235)
Write a Review!
A single place for team communication and workflows

(23,235)
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

23235 Reviews for UK Users

Sanskriti
Sanskriti

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pros

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Cons

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Salesforce has lot of complexities at work and all we need is an easy and efficient tool to beat the performance. And we found Slack worthy of it.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack is easy to use and implement at work. Well, it has ability to integrate with lots of apps, and outruns all other alternative applications in performance.
Ilan
Ilan
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Slack Review

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Slack has been a go-to team meeting and chat platform at different positions and also during communal club spaces for organizations, such as the graphic design organization AIGA, which I frequent within my local design community. I haven't had any major issues with it thus far ans can easily recommend it. Being a business-focused chat space it also does not have silly loading messages like Discord which I've also used and which also worked well, but felt a bit unprofessional at times.

Pros

Slack is an easy to navigate, light on hardware platform to facilitate teamwork. You won't need a top of the line computer to run it so even in remote work conditions you will reliably have it available. There are not excessive features to get lost in or particular issues finding your team meetings constantly, a code to the overall Slack channel is sufficent.

As opposed to other productsused for video conferences such as Zoom, everything is built in on Slack for "one stop shopping" using the program. It allows for image uploads and other useful tools such as split channels for specific tasks like designating a set of crew members to a task in a server,

Cons

The user interface is readable but slightly bland with the entire white color scheme. It's not strictly necessary but it can be difficult to only look at that color scheme for when you use it, other programs like Discord have variability.

Aloice

Slack Connecting People Together

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Incredible because it connects me with people virtually.

Incredible because it connects me with people virtually.

Pros

Slack connects me with my friends and family through video calls.

Cons

Slack does not have any problems, it is a fine platform.

Jon

Slack is essentially advanced texting for business users

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

I started using Slack because my client required it. I find that it cuts down on my email dependence but I'm often frustrated when attempting to compose a message without standard elements such as tables, inline images, etcetrera.

Pros

I like the ability to stay in touch with our users via whatever device I'm currently using. For example, I can respond from my home computer, tablet, work computer or via my phone.

I especially like the ability to be notified of a new message via my phone where I can read the message on the phone but can step over to my laptop to reply.

I also appreciate the ability to add an email thread to a Slack Channel by simply adding a slack email address (each channel has a unique email address) to the CC field when I reply.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the extremely limited amount of formatting available to Slack messages. I can make a font bold and add links to files/images but I really miss the rich text features many similar apps provide.

It's also frustrating to need to keep typing adding the user name(s) when I'm responding to a message. I'm assuming that this is by design but it would really be nice to be able to "Reply All" to a conversation thread.

The desktop Slack application (running on Windows 10 Pro) has a "clunky" feel to it. It's written with a framework that allows the Slack developers to write HTML and JavaScript code that is essentially compiled into a Windows application and it definitely shows. Something as simple as selecting text is counter-intuitive (until you realize that it's essentially a web page mascaraing as a Windows application.

Matt
  • Industry: Utilities

Slack helps Pickup the Slack

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

I like using Slack for internal team communications as it is simple and easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about Slack is the ease of use and how simple/straight forward it is. I'm able open the application and connect to and talk with my teammates in real-time.

Cons

Honestly, there is not much that I can say negatively about Slack because it just works. I'm able to accomplish my task with no problems

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Slack

It was free to setup and implement for our business and it was easy to do so.
Lajorin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

My Thoughts on Slack Usage

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

File sharing and team collaboration.

Video conferencing boost performance.

File sharing and team collaboration.

Video conferencing boost performance.

Pros

Slack allocates a wide range of features including BIM, video conferencing, file sharing and live chat in one place.

Cons

Everything works perfect for me when using Slack.

Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy setup for team communication

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Pros

Clever and intuitive, allows me to engage with team members with a friendly experience.

Cons

Not a lot to say here, except maybe more guides of how to use the tool.

Amber

Easy to use communication tool

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Pros

easy to communicate with team members in real time

Cons

new notifications easy to miss at times

Mohammed Abdul
  • Industry: Government Administration

Slack me crazy!

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Great, would use it over teams any day.

Great, would use it over teams any day.

Pros

Really good and efficient tool to use for any company. It can sync with lots of apps and very easy on the eye.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. It's very quick and snazzy.

Christopher
Christopher

Excellent communication tool

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

Pros

Slack makes team communication seamless. It is so much better than email because it is both an instant message application as well as a message board. It allows all teams to maintain communication regarding ongoing projects

Cons

I have trouble finding messages because they do not sort properly. The overall interface is somewhat cumbersome. It could be more intuitive.

Heshani
Heshani

Slack the best team communication software ever

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

We use slack in our office as the main communication app. We can connect with our overseas clients through slack so easily. As we can share rich media, we have everything in a single thread. And we have the ability to reply to the each message in the thread. Also we can delete unwanted messages. The best thing is we have set reminders for important tasks. So the overall experience is really nice and I am thankful to the slack developers.

Pros

We can create channels for separate projects and same time me can send direct messages for each other company members.
We can share texts, images,videos, audios, gif files and any rich media with others
We can set reminders for our work and slack bit is going to remind us our work
We can integrate other software like Skype, Hangouts,Gmail and many applications to slack, so that we can receive all the notifications through slack.
We have search options, so that we can search for previous texts we sent someone or in a certain channel.
Also there is an option to switch the do not disturb mode on. In that time we are not getting notifications.
We can easily use the web, desktop and mobile application so we can access chat via any device.
Considering all the matters I love this app.

Cons

I experienced some issues while getting voice calls.
Also it saves a limited number of lines in each chat thread. So we can not reference our earliest messages in threads.
These are the only issues I have experienced. But these are not that strong reasons to not to use this app.

Workplace from Meta and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Slack is a combination of all of these products. Also for office communication this suits the most as the target market of the other applications are not the office people. We use workplace for highly technical project management tasks. Skype and Hangouts are embeddable for slack. So for an office , we thought the best option is Slack.
Luke
Luke

I sometimes wonder how collaboration worked before Slack

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

I find it hard to remember life before Slack. We all worked in a single open plan office but, like most offices, still communicated predominantly from our desks. Our go to IM tool was Skype and it was an easy way for conversations to get siloed. Slack brought those conversations out into the open, made them discoverable and brought in automations to make them richer. If you're debating whether to use Skype or Slack there really is no contest. I'd also suggest it outperforms Teams and other competing collaboration and instant messaging tools for it's deep integrations.

Pros

Real-time instant messaging, file sharing and integrations with key apps that automate important proceses mean a high percentage of tasks can be managed all in one place.

Cons

Threads are often difficult to keep track of. Slack has done its best to elevate Threads but I still find myself missing things when people don't @ mention me.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Skype made conversations difficult to discover and groups were transient forcing you to recreate those groups over and over again. It also had no integrations and automations of value to us.

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Better integrations, better interface, more automations, better suited to a creative/tech environment
Abhinav

Best Tool for Team Management and Coordination

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Overall I love to use it and provided it has the support of integration with almost all of my tools it works as notification engine too which is one of the awesome parts of this tool.

Pros

Slack is my daily used software for all the team meetings and sharing work details. I like it has all the features built-in that are necessary for an enterprise team management from sharing of files and chatting to video or audio conferencing.

Cons

The support team is slow in case of any problem tho hardly we face any issue with this software it's highly reliable and one of the best things I use on daily basis.

Google Chat, Trello, Zoom Workplace and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Slack

I love the overall look and feel of slack and its support for integrations.

Google Chat and Microsoft Teams
Maurice
  • Industry: Management Consulting

This App doesn't Slack

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

Slack presented me with a simple solution to the communications challenges that come with project and office management. I started using it initially to manage an office, while in my early years of running a small office. We could streamline communications, tag persons who needed to get into a conversation, and we used their threading features to ensure that we could manage different conversations, all at once.

That beat the use of Blackberry Messenger which we had been using earlier. When Whatsapp came on the scene, and people suggested we use that, it beat it by far as well.

Slack was the best at keeping us on track, and it eventually allowed us to search channels which meant that we could now go back to previous discussions to help to keep track of things. Those two features sold me on the platform.

I'll admit, when Microsoft 365 launched Teams, I ventured away from the hallowed halls of Slack, much to the chagrin of many. The thing is, I've passed the stage when I could stomach moving from platform to platform, login to login, bill to bill to assemble the best combination of everything.

That aside, one needs to acknowledge that the Microsoft apps aren't the best in most of their fields (except Office), but they are pretty good.

In this area, Slack is the best. They may have named it Slack, but they do not Slack at all.

Pros

Slack is best-in class for project communications, and keeping your communications on course. They innovated in creating the platform, and while others may do well with one part or the other, they are the real macoy. All others are just trying to copy them.

Cons

While their api opens Slack up to combine with other platforms, I really wish they had more native features.

Zoom Workplace and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Slack

Slack is just the best at what it does. Hands down.

WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Slack

Let it be known, if you need the best communications platform for your project. Don't look further than Slack. While others may have good middle of the road features, Slack does its job the best.
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Team Communication Software For Anyone Just Starting out

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

My overall experience with Slack has been alright. I loved the communication features and the fact that it was perfect for my team and I when we were just starting out. It really gave me the power to start my team even though I didn't really have the budget for a centralized communication software for my business at the time. The ability to coordinate and communicate with me team in real-time, as well as guest freelancers and others was great. It served us very well for the time that we used it. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is looking to get started using a multi-person communication software for their team. If you are looking for something that is geared more towards focusing on tasks and project management as well as communication, I would recommend looking into something different.

Pros

The great thing about Slack is, first of all, it has multiple pricing plans. Especially, the fact that its first pricing plan is completely free. So it is great for anyone who is just starting a team, whether it be for a start-up for either a non-profit or a business. You have the ability to share files, communicate in real-time, receive real-time notifications, and communicate with multiple people at once. As well as do some small project management functions.

Cons

The only shortcomings I would say Slack has, is the fact that they are obviously a software that is mainly built for the purposes of communication between people in real-time. More like a glorified messenger app. So the file sharing, collaboration, and other project management features leave somethings to be desired.

Basecamp, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Slack

GroupMe was just a text messaging app and we needed something capable of doing more.

GroupMe

Reasons for Switching to Slack

We decided to choose Slack because they had a Free option to start. So, I felt like they were the best and most accessible option for someone in position who was just starting out.
Lina

Great collaboration platform

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Slack seems to been the best collaboration currently available

Slack seems to been the best collaboration currently available

Pros

Simple to install, setup, and use for an organization of any size. They continue to enhance and improve. The search capability is very slick and the option to save a message for quick find later is great. Easy to organize channels and direct messages into groups. Has a lot of add ons which help integrate with other tools within a work environment. Great documentation and community support.

Ease of management is a highly desired feature, which slack provides. Collaboration options like audio/video calls, file sharing, screen sharing, ability to select which screen/desktop to share, and group calls are amazing features which work really well

Cons

Nothing that stands out other than occasional bugs which get addressed soon. Some apps send notifications even after they are muted.

Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Communication for (Cool) Professionals

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

We can definitely communicate with almost no exceptions. It takes the "where is this person" out of the equation as you can just send them a message and know when they come online and see it. The benefits to not just sitting and waiting on an answered email are endless.

Pros

I don't remember how my team communicated before Slack. It keeps my coworkers connected in and out of the office. It cuts down on our emails and makes communication easy. There are a lot of apps and integrations that can be added to automate processes. You can integrate project management tools, Google Docs, Spotify, Canto DAM, Giphy for some fun with coworkers and so many more.

I love that I can drag and drop files, images and videos into slack to share with my coworkers. In addition, slack allows free integration with many other tools out there. My peers who are software developers talk about how easy it is in the backend for integration.

Slack is easy to use and has great built in functions for notifications. It has really been extremely helpful to get multiple departments talking at times and keep each department informed while not in the same location. The ability to upload files makes it easy to share ideas.

Cons

The Screen sharing could be improved, along with mic recognizing.

When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

My biggest complaint is that Slack makes you way too available. You're expected to know whats going on whether you are at home sick or in the office working.

Sometimes the app on the phone won't clear your notifications even after reading or checking through them.

Virginia
Virginia
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The Ultimate Tool for More Slack Time

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

Pros

Our company (software delivery solutions company – software industry) has been utilizing Slack for over three years to help both our internal and external teams keep organized. Our team often holds meeting remotely and works with distributed teams, sometimes even in other countries. Having the ability to communicate in one place has shown visible improvements in time and efficiency of getting our team work completed. Slack allows you to set up multiple “workplaces”. For example, we have one workplace we use for our external team and a secondary workplace for our primary, internal team. This helps us keep the responsibilities we share in each team separate of each other. Within each workspace you can create separate channels based on a particular group or topic and invite specific members who pertain to it. You also have a channel that enables everyone in that workspace to communicate within one area and/or you chat directly with one individual from that workspace (which would not be visible to anyone else). Slack’s search features are very helpful and work much like Google. You can also specify your search’s by choosing an individual, date, or key phrase to search for. Uploading and sharing PDFs, Excel, PPTs, etc. is also supported and can be easily shared among others. We rely heavily on Google as our file storage system. The free version of Slack provides you with the option to connect it to your Google Drive account so you are notified, with a link, when anyone share

Cons

Because we are currently utilizing the free plan for a fairly small to mid-sized team we often run into storage problems. When this happens, the only option you have available is to have each team member go in and delete EACH file individually. This is very tedious and time consuming and can take hours to delete 500 files (tip: keep up with it or do searches to make sure you don’t upload the same files that have already been uploaded to Slack). You can also clear more storage by having the admin delete messages from your teams’ shared messaging area, or what we recognize as our case, “general” channel.

Having the ability to look back into your history is very handy. I would strongly recommend the Standard Slack plan for those who have the extra wiggle room in their budget – which provides unlimited search history and app integration.

I currently utilize the desktop application of Slack, so that it is always on my tool bar and easy to access on the daily; however, it prone to timing out when losing internet connection.

Slack Public Channels improves company communication across teams.

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

It's a great tool, these are the key points for me:
* Improve team collaboration, shared information...

It's a great tool, these are the key points for me:
* Improve team collaboration, shared information in a single place and all team has access to the same information.
* Reach people, sometimes you need to collaborate to make things happen, and slack does a great job at that.
* Integrate to CI/CD pipelines, we received notification about or system all time. It's better than having thousands of emails.

Pros

Public channels:
They are easy to create/configure and allow members of the company to share important information in a single place. This is really helpful for software development teams when important information is shared with other application it gets lost and there is no record of it. With the slack channel, the information is stored and can be used as references. (Developers don't have or we don't want to have time to write documentation).

1:1 Message:
What I really like is that is very easy to find people and ping them and start a conversion. Most important, you can share files, photos, URL, gifs (Very important), in a single place. Making collaboration easy and something to enjoy.

Integration:
Slack can be integrated with a lot of third parties. In my case, it's very useful to integrate with Jenkins and code versioning applications. We have implemented CI/CD and we received a slack notification with deploy information, testing information or if a system is down.

Cross-Platform:
Be able to access slack with cell-phone/desktop application is really awesome. If I don't have my computer at hand, I can keep replying messages and collaborate. Especially important when we have a critical bug, or we have to take action.

UX:
The UX is one of the best, you can start using slack with no training, it's very intuitive and easy to use. Once you start using it, you don't want to use other applications.

Cons

Conversion history:
Sometimes the conversion history is deleted after N amount of dates. Probably this is a configuration in my company, but I would like to store more information.

Re-Login:
Once in a while, you have to re-login, but what I don't like is that it logs you out without giving you a warning. It had happend before that the application logs me out, and I notice that one hour later.

Damien
Damien

Slack is an easy communications package for everyone

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

An excellent tool that has helped numerous businesses I have installed and suggested it for. Most slip straight into using it and find very little barrier to entry; in short order the app has become default communications platform for the organizations I've set it up in. I've seen the opposite in other organizations I've worked in or for - other platforms did not experience the pickup at all. Slack is very usable and intuitive in its interface. Well recommended as a communications platform for organizations.

Pros

Slack is very easy to pick up and use. Most people are used to some form of online chat or comms and Slack is familiar in short order and easy to work your way around. Most of the functions you expect are there - able to upload files, etc. and the integration with Google Drive is an added convenience if you use Google Suite. Notifications are easy to manage which is important when you have a large group using the app as they can come thick and fast and being able to turn them off, especially if you have it installed on mobile, is very necessary.

Cons

The interface is fairly vanilla and unassuming. It could do with an overhaul and some options for adjustment. When you have the mobile app, if you have a large group of people using it the notifications can become very disruptive. Fortunately, the options to switch on Do Not Disturb or to log yourself Away between certain hours are very helpful.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Robust Project Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

My team uses Slack to collaborate on web analytics, web apps and web design projects in an agile style of project management versus waterfall. So, we can make enhancements to analytics and design in an incremental fashion and avoid doing lots of changes in one big release. This ensures maximum development work done with less errors. Our overall experience with Slack has been smooth which results in completing more projects successfully to meet stakeholders' needs in less time and with less mistakes.

Pros

Slack offers channel creation capability which has helped my team collaborate efficiently on specific projects such as analytics. We are able to share questions and files around code changes for analytics enhancements. Once an update is about to be made to existing code, our developers can reach out to the business analyst and get more clarifications on his analytics requirements. Whenever there is a new notification sent within the analytics channel, the business analyst will receive an email update so he can respond right away. Other users of the analytics channel, can also jump into the conversation, if needed.

Cons

To get maximum benefit from Slack, I feel its users always need to have the Slack app open in their smart phone or laptop. Since I also use Gmail and Google Hangout to collaborate, it's challenging to respond to messages in Slack right away, when I am also chatting in Google Hangout or checking my emails in Gmail. If Slack can be integrated more seamlessly into Gmail as a chat window so I can see latest Slack messages within Gmail itself, it will make my office life more productive. I also feel Slack is meant for developers and project managers who have technical background and not for non-technical business users or managers. So, many business side users are left out of the Slack world and need another way to communicate with IT. It will be great if Slack tool is made more business friendly to increase adoption.

Heidi

An extensive chatroom: ending useless email discussions

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Overall, this is an easy and helpful chatroom for your work. It stops your emails from piling up, and you can ignore back-and-forth conversations with coworkers that would have clogged your email otherwise. It leaves room for both work and play related conversations, and the instant messaging feature is extremely helpful.
I can send links or attachments in the chat without trying to text from my phone or send an awkward,informal email. I can instantly communicate to my coworkers! And in a day and age of emoji's, I don't feel guilty about adding "haha" or "smiley emoji" in my Slack message. It all feels informal and quick, so why bother with the prestigious voice of an email?
Slack is fun for me, which is why I favor it over other communication styles. It also allows you to download an app where you can send messages via. your phone. It helps you ask questions on the go without needing to give your personal cell number to a coworker you might not want to have it... Very helpful.
I would recommend this product.

Pros

Have you ever been annoyed by your email inbox filling up with a conversation between coworkers? You get all the notifications piling up in your inbox, and you're wondering if you will have time to filter through the parts of the conversation that matter. Well! Look no further, because IF you can convince all your staff to use slack, it significantly decreases email chatter (which I found to be a huge relief)!
At my work, I can have instant messaging with any staff. I use the desktop version, so the notifications pop up at the bottom of my screen- allowing me to preview the message.
We even have a section called "just for fun" where we can add any tidbits we find interesting to a separate channel. It keeps up workforce morale without distracting from any tasks.
Also, it allows me to filter important questions from unimportant questions. If my coworkers have an urgent matter, they will come to my door. If it isn't urgent, they will slack me.
On a side note, I love that you can add gifs to your conversation. It keeps things lighthearted and entertaining.

Cons

Our team uses Asana, which doesn't have a chat feature, and I was hoping to make Slack that chat feature . You can add the app of Asana to Slack, but it isn't as intuitive to use. Sometimes the commands get confusing. There is a lot of " / asana " and you have to send the message before you can see the options of a result. It makes me paranoid that every time I send a message, they are getting backslashes everywhere! But those complications only come when you install apps to Slack. Everything else is intuitive and easy to use.

Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Media Production

Your Team In Your Pocket

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

I enjoy working with Slack. I'm on some channnels for web developers with tens of thousands of members and can often get a free answer to an easy (for a developer) question and fast. I've also met a lot of great people through that channel. Conversely, I haven't perfected the notifications so that I don't get pinged when anyone on any of the channels posts anything, and that adds up. I'm sure it's manageable, but I haven't found the time to check that box.

Pros

This is a no-brainer for start-ups and even old dinosaurs, especially these days (the great COVID pandemic). It combines the instant gratification of any chat app with intuitive drag n' drop filesharing, one click sub-group or project teams for siloed group coms, direct messaging, and hashtag denoted conversations for general participation that can even function like a newsfeed for relevant link sharing and other project or industry news or internal updates. Slack has become the default Millenial professional communication tool, and not just for the pretty icon. It's free for a long way but there are tiered account options all the way up to enterprise which has more trumped up security and support, as well as tools like huge video chats, unlimited storage and history, and unlimited software integrations (it works great with Google Drive.).

Cons

As a consultant, I am on several different slack "channels" - the Slack term for different companies Slack environments. It's easy once your set up with their software client and app to switch back and forth, but getting set up can require a call to the IT guy or the administrator of each separate Slack channel for permissions and credentials. Not a huge headache, but these days anything that requires a call to anyone can be considered at least a minor hassle.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A great free product with a high cost of entry

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Slack is a great free platform for team collaboration and communication, that really helps simplify our communication process. While it has some issues, overall the free tier offers a great option for any team looking to improve their communications.

Pros

Slack creates a simple & powerful interface for inter-team communication, allowing for simplified communications that move beyond emails & facebook messages by creating a secure platform for teams.

Slacks best features are perhaps the ability to setup channels (which allows for very focussed spaces dealing with a particular topic), and the ability to reply to individual messages in a thread. Channels help keep my teams focussed and on topic, while also providing a space for random chatter (in our "Random" channel), while threads help keep channels from turning into a brutally long, confusing message thread. That paired with the ability to "react" to messages with emoji's, share individual messages with a specific individual, create private or public channels, and send group messages to team members, this platform helps create a simple space for teams to collaborate and communicate in a way that feels more natural than text threads, facebook messages, or emails.

Cons

Slack is a great platform, but can be a bit confusing to administrate on the back-end, or confusing to new users. Setting people up for success on Slack can take a bit of time; as there is a learning curve for tech illiterate people.

Perhaps the most difficult issue with Slack however is in managing team members who do not check Slack frequently. Simple notifications (via email, text etc) for @channel, @everyone or @specific_user would be beneficial, as it would help eliminate some of these issues. Supposedly, Slack offers email notifications, however in all my testing I've never been able to get it to work properly, and it is something that team members need to setup on their own - it is not something that can be set across the workspace & then opted out of by team members.

Sreekanta

It facilitates quicker and easier communication.

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

I adored the audio and video quality as well as the screens sharing function.

I adored the audio and video quality as well as the screens sharing function.

Pros

Slack allows new users to start using it straight away with little to no setup required. The program offers a broad list of apps that may be integrated so that information can be discussed across a range of platforms from inside of Slack. Google Drive is one of the most popular programs, thus businesses who utilize Google Drive as their primary content management system should consider Slack. Slack has proven useful for both small and large businesses. Slack's numerous channels can be used by both small businesses and established organizations. It is simple to divide and conquer when each department has its own distinctive theme. It helps me and my team a lot while I am working on a research project.

Cons

Slack is wonderful for swiftly keeping track of what's happening, but it falls short when it comes to talks that cover a wide range of topics. Deeper interactions are best left to other tools because it might be challenging to maintain a conversation from beginning to end.
It can be challenging to keep up with multiple talks occurring at once, especially in a larger organization. Going back over talks to identify a specific topic can be difficult and time-consuming, even with distinct channels.