Semrush

4.7 (1,869)
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(1,869)
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

1869 Reviews for UK Users

Nadish H.

The most advance and powerful SEO tool in the industry

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Pros

There's a list of features that I love about Semrush, but most of all, the free version can also be used to manage your small projects:) I really like user friendly interface of Semrush. Even if you've zero knowledge of SEO, you can still use Semrush to boost your website's SEO like an expert.

Cons

The least I like about Semrush is that it's an addiction and you cannot get away from it once you get used to it :). In other words, I did not find anything missing in Semrush, it's perfect :)

Response from Semrush

Hi Nadish! We're more than happy to read your review and have you among our customers ;)

Brock P.

There is no substitute

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

We use this for a wide range of things: Competitor research to help us find great M&A targets and value them correctly, we use it to assess in-bound linking, we use it a TON for SEO work, and we even explore PPC opportunities with it. We find it to to be a very flexible tool that meets a lot of business needs.

Pros

The #1 thing we use SEMRush for is competitor research... and quite frankly no tool we've found compares to this. We are an ecommerce company and with SEMRush we get a very good picture of our competitors business.

Cons

The learning curve on this software takes a bit of an investment in time. It is certainly well worth it, but you will *never* get the full power out of SEMRush without making an effort to do some of the training and experimenting.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

We felt like SEMRush had a better overall reputation and the tool was much more flexible.

Response from Semrush

Hi Brock! Thank you so much for this wonderful and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback on learning curve especially since we've created a lot of educational materials in our blog and Semrush Academy. It's totally worth it ;)

Kathrin S.

For the German speaking market it's not precise enough for me

Reviewed on 17/06/2022

I don't know how it works in other countries, but for DE, AT and CH the data base is not good enough for me.

Pros

I can get a fast overview about the things I request in the tool like search volume and the loading time is good.

Cons

Often I am not sure how realiable the data base is. The results are often different to the ones I get from other tools, which deliver similar results among each other. I can only speak for the German speaking market, but here I am not convinced. I also got recommendations from the tool to look at the page rank to improve the SEO performance. In 2021 this was weird to me. Also the facts about a domain like organic traffic and organic keyword rankings are different and seem not real (way to less).

Response from Semrush

Hi Kathrin, we appreciate your feedback. While we can't speak to the exactness of other tools, at Semrush, we are continuously looking to improve and strengthen the accuracy of our data. We offer integrations with Google products in order to get the most precise data directly from the analytics of your website. If you have any additional feedback on how we can improve, we welcome it! Please send it to [email protected]

Eric M.
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Oscar R.

Powerful keyword research tool, the best

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

It offers all kinds of possibilities to have SEO and SEM metrics. It also includes options of great value for the analysis of the competition and its evolution in the Google SERPs.
The truth is that it is the most complete tool on the market. Highly recommended.

Pros

The large number of possibilities offered by the options to do Keyword Research. Also the data on the organic audience of the competition.

Cons

It is a tool that cannot be used by a common user due to its price

Response from Semrush

Hi Oscar! Thank you for your detailed review on the product; your feedback is appreciated. However, we can't agree that our tool cannot be use by a common user. We have different subscription levels based on functionality with millions of different accounts. We support users of all sizes and always help to find the right subscription level.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Tool for 360 digital marketing

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Nice, needs improvement as other tools do provide better filters for data visualization when it comes to SEO or Analytics.

Pros

Love all the inbuilt features for SEO. Especially the keyword magic tool, SEO writing assistant and the position tracking tool.

Cons

The off-page SEO backlink metrics are a bit unreliable. Needs lots of improvement.

SE Ranking, Moz Local and Ahrefs

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The tool gives features to manage entire digital presence of a brand. Which includes social presence, web mentions, SEO, paid marketing and more.
Skyler B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Semrush - Industry leading SEO Tool

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

My experience with Semrush has been very positive. I use it for keyword research, on-page & technical SEO, and also to perform backlit audits. It has saved me time by focusing my limited resources on the right content to target, as well as identified many technical SEO issues which I had previously overlooked.

Pros

I like the Keyword Magic Tool, which makes keyword research easy. While the results can vary drastically from Ahrefs, I find that Semrush is more accurate when it comes to keyword difficulty, and how realistic it is to rank content.

Cons

The price. While there is a 7-day free trial (unlike Ahrefs), the cheapest option is still quite expensive for new businesses or bloggers. There is also a learning curve when first using the software, as there are so many different tools and reports (of which a large percentage I never use).

Response from Semrush

Thanks for your review, Skyler! It's great to hear of the trust you have in our data. While our platform is all-in-one, it is a lot to learn. We've got plenty of resources on our website and Semrush Academy to help you make the best use of our toolkits. We appreciate the feedback!

Semrush best SEO and website management tool.

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

No problems encountered at the moment.

Pros

What I liked about this software is the fact that it allows me to analyze my website and unearth the problems related to its referencing and then the solutions it offers me to overcome these errors.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is its price list, it is really expensive for beginners.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Because semrush is a good essential tool, moreover it is better if you want to have a competitive spirit and be at the top of the search.

Response from Semrush

We love to hear that you're making excellent use of our software! Thank you for the feedback regarding our pricingwe offer a 7-day free trial and we also have a free account level that is the perfect fit for a single site. Wishing you the best!

Anil C.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

SEO tool from Semrush

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

I am using Semrush over 3 years and I analyze my competitor, keyword research and backlink audit.

Pros

Semrush is really helpful tool for SEO's to understand market strategy, competitors analysis and performance metrics.

Cons

Semrush is a little bit expensive but it has many important feature for other platforms.

Gloria V.

Most Reliable tool for your uplifting your website's Online presence

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

My overall experience with Semrush is quiet impressive as it gives what they claims and also more than it .

Pros

The main thing I like in semrush is its
metrics accuracy . Compared to other tools ,it is the only tool which can be believed 99% in its metrics so that result can be predicted accordingly.

Cons

I think nothing to dislike at all since semrush provides all features and tools which is essential for the online growth of your website.But it is quite expensive when compared to other tools but worth it .

Sam I.

My CRITICAL Tool for All Things SEO

Reviewed on 02/05/2022

I love it. I made a decision years ago to go with Semrush as my #1 tool for SEO and I have not regretted that decision at all.

Pros

I love how they are constantly adding new and very helpful tools as well as data to their platform. I feel like the value continues to grow as I use the platform.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish didn't cost extra to use.... such as the Agency platform.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. I felt like the tools did similar things, but Semrush offered more, so there was no use in using them both.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I also was using the main Moz SEO product. The Semrush tool just seemed to do everything that these other tools did, plus more, and was continuing to improve.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

An SEO platform that grows in strength and capability

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

After almost a decade of using SEMrush, I can't recommend it highly enough. For a serious marketing research, it should be an essential component. There are many different types of data available in SEMrush. Being able to turn data into actionable KPIs is essential. SEMrush provides you with the information you need to make wise decisions and to do so daily. When it comes to creating a website, there are a lot of moving parts. With so many data points, creating a visual model is essential if you want to use the information proactively. SEMrush gives me the tools I need to improve the performance, speed, and intelligence of my websites.

Pros

Any software has both internal and external benefits. On the exterior, I like to see good design, good navigation, and a good rate of work. It has one of the largest keyword databases among similar tools, as well as all the essential configurations like keyword magic tools that allow you to add stop words and all the other features that a current SEO tool should have. To keep our SEM and SEO teams in touch, we use SEMrush to get a lot of information regarding keywords, technical, and competition data. When we first started using SEMrush, we utilized it as an "add-on" to other products, but now it is our primary tool. SEMrush's API access is just another perk of an enterprise-level subscription. In addition, we use the organic research tool a lot to learn about our domain as well as our competitors'. While researching their competition and the market, the SEM team makes use of the "Competitive Intelligence Add-On" offered by SEMrush to gather information.

Cons

A lot of expertise and attention is required because the product's UI is so simple to use. A class of keywords may be necessary if you are new to digital marketing or SEO. Ultimately, it's not a huge problem. SEMrush has one flaw that irked me. At any given moment, you can only have one account open in your browser. When someone else logs in using the same account as you, you can't get back in.

Response from SEMrush

Hello there! Thank you very much for your detailed review & for sharing your concerns. In our ToS, we state that each account allows limited number of devices and locations for simultaneous login - otherwise, our security system is triggered since more logins could mean unauthorised access. To prevent third parties from accessing your data, the account is logged out and you will have to restore the password.

Max P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A Must Have Tool For Marketers

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I have been using Semrush for over two years now and I cannot imagine my professional life without it. It is a really basic but essential part of our marketing growth.

Pros

The ease of use and the simplicity of the UX are unparalleled to other tools out there. The depth of features is also great and I love the fact that it does such a good training job to make things easy.

Cons

The reports and downloads are not too customizable which adds an extra layer of effort.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Ahrefs was too complicated and not user-friendly. There was a much bigger learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush was the cheaper alternative and simple enough to use and train staff on.
Steven B.

SEMRush Rocks

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Overall, I am happy and have found many uses for this software. I want better reporting for the nearly $230/month our small company pays though.

Pros

Support on the Rep side, instant data points with a single click, simple reporting

Cons

Some features have been removed with the price changes, mainly in the reporting section - Reporting is important in my industry and SEMRush has removed many of the options here for small business to take advantage of your reporting services due to the price point being too high on the "next level up."

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Raven's reporting began to falter in places we needed it to become more robust for our clients, becoming more difficult overall.

Raven Tools

I can rely on the Google Data and compare in GA easily for tracking issues
Kevin M.

The Standard for SEO Project Management

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

primarily data sources, data volume and reporting customization.
Robert T.

Semrush is the critical

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Cheaper and had more features

Price and product capabilities

Solid all-in-one for marketers

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Pros

Semrush offers pretty much everything you need to handle digital marketing and SEO. The feature-set is massive, from social posting and link disavowals to site health.

Cons

Semrush is a pretty classic "all-in-one" – jack of all trades, master of none. We routinely have to look at specialist software to get REALLY deep in any one area, but Semrush easily covers the 30-, 20- and 15,000-foot views.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

SpyFu wasn't meeting our needs anymore. The UX was superior in its simplicity, but the features just weren't there anymore.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush offers more features for less money.

Response from SEMrush

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We were happy to know that our tool saved you some time.

Jorge P.

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner.

Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity.

Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush seemed to be more at the forefront of digital marketing trends and showed expertise with the resources available. Also, the onboarding experience was good.
Anuj K.

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine E.

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.
Naz H.

Swiss Army Knife of SEO Tools

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Overall I'd say an 8 out of 10. Customer service is good, the tools are powerful and data-rich and help me make powerful conclusions.

Pros

The UX, range of tools and insights are great. This is a really powerful tool. I love the projects and the ability to manage backlinks and cleanups. The content management is very nifty too!

Cons

I dislike the fact you've to spend $100 dollars per month to get white label SEO reports. Also, I'm not too keen on the sales guys pushing new deals and not supporting old deals (a few friends have experienced this). Previous I wanted to upgrade to an annual plan and essentially I'd lose some of the benefits I had, that didn't make sense.

Moz Local and Ahrefs

This is a richer tool

Majestic

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Value for money, functionality and dashboard at the time of sign up.

Response from SEMrush

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback! The revised pricing model includes either new features or alters additional to main tier product's prices. However, we always value our loyal customers and provide them with the unique opportunity to stay on the same level of subscription for the same price! - Ed

Julio A.

You can't drive blind

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard
Vasilis S.

Rank with Semrush

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Let's suppose you have a blog. You are adding information and content, but you have no traffic and no idea where you exist in search engines.
Semrush TOGETHER with a SEO Optimiser like Yoast SEO and better with Gramarly, will give you immediately a 'map' where you rank and what to do.
This is a good tool, not so many 'how to do SEO' articles like Ahrefs, but really OK.
However - don't expect to see results fast. You will be happy to see that your page exist in google, even in top 20 for a keyword, your rank grow from 0.16 to 0.17 , and your estimated traffic is 0.002 visits / month!

Pros

Semrush has a huge database for keyword search. However, there are many cases the Magic Keyword Tool doesn't bring results even for not-so-long-tail or unusual keywords.
If you want to rank your website fast this is a correct tool with reasonable price. Daily reports show your best ranking pages. Then you can fine-tune text to help your best pages to go up in Google Top 3,10,20 and top 100.
That can be done further with other tools like Yoast Seo. There are some features inside Semrush but much more expensive so I didn't try them.
Semrush is giving you as many crawls as you want a serious edge above competition.
A newer feature are proposed ideas to rank better. Although in my cases, most of the proposals are not realistic, they are good as guideline and some are applicable. At the end, these are suggestions, not an autopilot system to rank.
As usual you have to know your business.
Another important feature is backlink builder, proposing you thousands of sites to build your links based from the backlinks of your competitors.
I can definitely tell you that most of those proposed links are really impossible to build. Either coming from friends, or from advertorials or irrelevant sites. But again this is a positive list you may filter and use.
Here is an internal "organiser'" allowing you to mark whatever you consider important, and the way to build your backling ie, call owner, post comment etc.
There are many features, even in the starter plan 99$+vat / montly

Cons

Daily reports are giving errors that are not errors and someone needs to know the site well to understand .
There is also a robots.txt report error, that I found it was not really an error of the site.
The Keyword Difficulty tool, is impressive but (in my case ) never gave me a useful information.
That is becasue, the 'easy to rank ' keywords, don't have traffic.
The keywords with traffic are all red - practically impossible to rank
And the middle list of medium difficulty is empty - not even long tail words are there.
That is a serious problem with the tool.

Mike W.

SEMRush Vastly Improves SEO Efforts and is Worth the Investment

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Overall, SEMRush has allowed great value for us and our clients. We are able to take action and improve websites and SERP rankings, and provide a resource to content writers to find a good balance between great content and SEO friendly content.

Every serious business looking for growth should be using SEMRush or a similar product as they reveal a lot about your website.

Pros

I have enjoyed that SEMRush has continued to add features to its product offering. This helps consolidate software and accounts being used, staying within one platform, and adding value to building SEO audits, reports, and the ability to pivot and make changes with all of the information in one platform. There are equal competitors out there but most require you to subscribing to individual products from different companies to achieve what SEMRush can accomplish.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about SEMRush. The only true con that I dislike about SEMRush is the pricing around adding users. For the price you pay, and the size of teams needing access to the platform, I can't find the justification of the pricing for adding users to that extent for the majority of companies that would use the platform. I think 2 or 3 users to an account should be a no brainer and provide long-term customer relationships, instead of nickel and diming to add users. If someone else is logged into the same user account, one will get kicked off the platform.

Next, this isn't really a con based on the pros stated above, but because of the numerous features available within the platform, it can become overwhelming or slow down the learning process for newcomers as it is a comprehensive, robust platform. There are many navigation paths to get to specific features and reports, but that is just the nature of the beast with consolidating and growing the product mix that is the evolving, for the better, SEMRUsh.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

After joining M3 Group last year, I made the recommendation of the switch as SEMRush provides more capabilities, it is more comprehensive, and it is all under one subscription and platform.

Raven Tools and SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

The consolidation of products, additional robust features, and previous successful experience using SEMRush.
Jay B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nice SEM tool to have

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics)
Feature rich
Easy to Use
Free trial period
Competitive Research

Cons

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links
Position Tracking a bit inaccurate
Log files doesn't support .log format

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Broghtedge is a premium SEM tool. Enterprise Level and bit expensive.

BrightEdge

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

No free trial period with Ahrefs

Response from SEMrush

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!