Semrush

4.7 (2,207)
SaaS solution for online content marketing

(2,207)
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

2207 Reviews for UK Users

Brooks
Brooks

Truly an all-in-one digital marketing platform

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

We use SEMRush to for SEO research, competitive analysis, content marketing, and some for PPC as well. The insights are incredible, and it has changed the game for our own marketing as well as our clients'. It's all-around a great tool.

Pros

A ton, but my favorite is probably the content marketing toolset. SEMRush provides topic research, keyword research, a writing assistant, and much more. The suite of SEO tools is incredible as well: site audits, keyword research, gap analyses, backlink analytics, and keyword tracking. You are able to set up projects, receive notifications, report to clients, and more. I love SEMRush.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about SEMRush are their traffic predictions. As a smaller business, I find they're often very misleading and inaccurate. I imagine they're more accurate for larger sites. You also don't get API Access on the Guru plan – only business. I understand why, but I'd love to have access to API credits regardless my plan.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Though we loved Moz, SEMRush just provided a larger toolset and ultimately allowed us to save money. We at the time also switched because Moz's link database was pretty small – but they've since updated.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Again, for the entire suite of tools. I believe since out purchase, Ahrefs has added to their toolset as well.
Sam

Expensive but worth it

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

A mainstay of our day to day digital marketing agency. Expensive but worth it

A mainstay of our day to day digital marketing agency. Expensive but worth it

Pros

Keyword research and competitor analysis

Cons

The projected traffic stats vary significantly from Google Search Console, although this can be mitigated by connecting the two

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Hike was a good platform, but Semrush offered a wider range of tools and customisable features

Range of features

Response from Semrush

Thanks for your review, Sam! We're thrilled you're utilizing the tools we offer that range from SEO, content marketing, local SEO, paid advertising, and more.
As a third party tool, our data is estimated, so it won't match directly what you're seeing in Google tools. But, you've nailed it with the fact that you're integrating Semrush with GSC!
Keep up the great work.

Tom

After 4 years being a customer this company rips me off

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

I feel ripped off by Semrush. We are customers already for 4 years. We always have enough with one user. Now, we have been loggin in, by accident, from a few different locations. This is because of remote working due to corona and it was unclear in the team who was responsible for Semrush. Now is our account suspended, which I can understand. But the only 'solution' is that I have to buy a €540 extra user. But wo do not need that! I told them this was an accident and that one user is enough for us. Which it always has been for 4 years. But we can only get our account back with paying 540€. And a refund of the unused service is also not possible. This feels like bribery. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was 'helping' me, but only offering me this upsell that I do not need. It is a shame to be treated like this after being a loyal customer for 4 years. I will recommend other potential customers SeRanking. It is much cheaper, has almost the same features and they will not rip you off with unwanted upsells. Shame!

Pros

It has a lot of features, in dept analysis.

Cons

It is expensive and there are quiet a few other, much cheaper alternatives where the customer service doesn't rip you off!

Response from Semrush

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. We have investigated the situation - it seems like multiple users logged in from different locations under your account for 3 times, which triggered our security system, and we sent several warnings before your account was blocked. We kindly remind you that by default, the account only includes 1 user, adding extra seats is a paid option. As far as we know, you account was unblocked by the team after finding out that your team logged in accidentally from different locations. If you still have any questions, please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to answer them!

Dako
Dako

Semrush the right hand for SEO agent

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

Pros

From the very beginning of my SEO agent career I have been introduced to Semrush
The most impressive part of this tool is that it is very easy to understand and use because of its simplicity and how it explains itself in every part of the journey.

Cons

Even though Semrush being the most wonderful tool it has the downs as well for me this would be the on page tool which is built in the Semrush I think it needs some shaping to make it perfect

Bjorn

Poor customer support

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

Pretty bad customer support and a very bad mouthing account executive named [sensitive content hidden] .

Pros

Good tool and easy to use. Because of the problems i am thinking about looking for another tool.

Cons

Observe other websites is not working well. Customer support is terrible. I am customer for 3 years and started at the 7th of August. Suddenly they stopped my account at the 6th of July. When i submit this problem to [sensitive content hidden] , my 'account executive', she did not help me. "She couldn't look back" for 3 years. She gave me a headache every mail she sent. In the end we were on a call and the bad mouthing just continued. In the end customer support had two ladies who found the problem. First said: ok we extend 3 weeks. Second said: till the 7th of August. Result: a downgraded account. SEMrush doesn't call me or send me a message. Only thing they care about is extending the product. But they don't care about their customers.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I like the product. But in the end it is more than the product.

Response from Semrush

Hi Bjorn, we're sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Support team.
We appreciate you working with us to get your account issues resolved and we look forward to our continued success together.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam

Keyword research made easy!

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

For my blog i was hesitating with keywords, when i input some ideas, it provides a tons of related keyword and ranked website address plus what they are targeting .

After several day , i get myself in good position of planning.

I can easily find informative and commercial keyword and see the difficulties.
Even i can get full report of some competition websites, by analysis them i can easily made the roadmap for my blog.

Pros

I mainly use semruah for keyword research.
As a blogger picking best keyword is my priority.
Semrush is the top notch app for this work.
With the question keyword i can make tons of new article and provide quality articles to user.
User friendly interface and have lots of tools you can do seo for your blog.

My experiment with other tools ongoing, as soon as i get result i will share.

One thing they improve continuously, they upgrade themselves continuously.

Cons

First time when i login, it gives tons of information to me, as a beginner its hard to follow up.
Luckily they have good customer support, after discussing with them able to solve most of the major problem.

Response from Semrush

This is a fantastic review! Thanks so much for sharing how to use leverage Semrush for your digital strategies.
With over 55 tools, we understand that it is a lot to take in. We have plenty of resources to help make our platform more digestible—we're happy you've found your way around Semrush! :)

Eric
Eric
  • Industry: Automotive

SEMrush is a must-have

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

The overall experience has been extremely helpful & positive. This has helped us launch additional products & services for our customers and deliver exceptional value.

Pros

Great access to data, the new Trends report is a nice feature. Ranking & benchmarking are great and the ability to manage all facets of the search campaigns from each project is very helpful. The resource library and certifications are great as well.

Cons

- Limited customizations of the reports (more pre-set templates/galleries would be nice & the ability to make changes to all reports in a group at once would help)
- An aggregate dashboard would be helpful (to see the performance of all locations within an organization)
- Each individual data set should be exportable into a PDF - or the ability to add a performance metric/visualization to the reports by adding it as a widget to the reporting library)

Response from Semrush

Hey Eric! Thank you for sharing your experience; we're more than happy to know that the overall experience with Semrush has been extremely helpful & positive. We want to kindly ask you to DM us via social media channels with your Semrush account email so we can put the cons you've listed to the radar of our product teams. Thanks in advance!

Anuj
Anuj

comprehensive SEO Marketing Tool For Business Clients

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Semrush is a comprehensive and easy to use marketing tool set that provides business owners and marketing managers with all the essential information they need. The magic of Semrush is that it allows to track our competitors' exact SEO strategies, read their back-links profile and see what keywords they are ranking for in the search engines. This way, we can easily replicate their results and outrank them by implementing these strategies Ourself.

Pros

Semrush is the all-in-one marketing tool for search optimization. It helps to find best opportunities on the Internet, beat our competitors and stay ahead of Google search. It is a powerful and versatile suite of marketing tools designed to help search engine marketers and webmasters drive traffic, generate leads, and monitor their digital marketing campaigns. The SEMrush pro edition enables to take our SEO efforts to the next level with access to more data for better keyword research, content marketing tracking, local rankings monitoring and more.

Cons

No issue faced, It is best competitive research tool allowing people to track their keywords' positions on search engines.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Semrush is cheapest than Ahrefs. Semrush is an all in one SEO tool that offers competitive research and website optimization. Not only we can track our own progress, but we can also analyze our competitors. Keep tabs on their backlinks, social media status, top performing keywords and much more.
Yassine
Yassine

A real tresor of Content marketing strategy tool!

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

In my experience in getting accurate data, I always need to utilize the right instrument. My approach's success depends on the correctness of the data i'm willing to collet, insights, and intelligence. For keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor analysis, Semrush was a critical choice and so the right tool. To get results, I'm always searching for trustworthy data and actionable insights. That what makes Semrush my go-to tool for content research and optimization. As such, an SEO strategy must be comprehensive.

Pros

When it comes to search engine optimization, digital marketing, and business intelligence, Semrush is the one-stop solution for all of your requirements. Semrush allows me to get a better understanding of my customers or targets' demographics, such as their age, gender, and location, so that I can provide them with the most appropriate products and services.
Day after day I'm more and more surprised to learn that spamming backlinks might do more harm than good to my search engine rankings. The Semrush Backlink Audit tool was the best assist for me in identifying and removing them, as well as a variety of other harmful elements.
IMO all options are reasonably priced, with the exception of the Semrush Pro plan, which is prohibitively expensive for small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

The product's friendly UI takes some expertise and awareness. Beginning SEO and digital marketing learners might take a cours on technical keywords, but overall it's not that big of a problem. What I didn't like the most about Semrush is that you can only log into one account at a time. However, if you share it and someone else logs in with the same account, the original user loses access. It would be nice if Semrush could fix this issue and notify any future users of unauthorized access.

Serpstat and Searchmetrics Suite

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

In my point of view, Semrush does more than just help you analyze your competitors. Semrush can assist you in conducting competitive research. It enables you to do competition research on your competitors. In essence, it discovers all websites that perform well for related keywords and provides an accurate estimate of traffic for the top 20 keywords that each of these websites uses. You will not an all in one tool but Semrush.
David

The ideal SEO and content marketing solution

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

Pros

This solution plays a large role in our SEO and content marketing strategy. It's great for researching keywords, site health, and keyword rankings.

Cons

The learning curve to use the solution is quite steep. There's a lot of content shown and it's not always clear where everything is.

Alexa and Moz Pro

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Better feature set and covers more marketing bases.
Amanda
Amanda

Worth the purchase!!

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

If you run multiple websites and multiple social pages- this is absolutely the tool you need to invest in. ROI is completely possible from this tool if you dedicate enough time/effort to using it to the fullest. The SEO tools alone have proven awesome for us and the social poster tool is just the most convenient time-saver.

Pros

I use SEMrush daily for SEO on many sites and for posting on many social pages from one place. All of the SEO (site audits, keyword analyses, DEEP COMPETITOR ANALYSES) and social tools don't just make my job easier- they make me better. I get insights from SEMrush I wouldn't have otherwise had at my disposal. It is 100% possible to see ROI on this product.

Cons

I miss when it was free so many years ago, but C'est la Vie. Now that SEMrush is a paid platform, they also offer wayyyy more tools and they are constantly updating/adding features. They have a pretty responsive customer support, but I have had responses take 1-2 days to get back to me. However, I can't personally say that this response time has ever, in any way disrupted my flow of work and when I did have a more urgent issue they were great about helping me quickly.

Ariel

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that.

My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content.

Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler.

Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs.

Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this.

That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I chose SEMRush primarily because of the content marketing toolkit. I write content on my own site plus for my clients. The tools help me speed up the research process while maintaining a relatively high quality.

Response from Semrush

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Design

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

More features in SEMRush, fewer restrictions on usage.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Ease of use, new feature set, added integrations, fewer restrictions, and overall better user experience for both myself and my client.

Response from Semrush

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Susan

Great Product for SEO

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

I just felt SEMRush was easier to use, give me what I am looking for and has useful suggestions.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

I like the UI better and the information that was provided. I had a hard time getting around the other software.
Jay
Jay
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nice SEM tool to have

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics)
Feature rich
Easy to Use
Free trial period
Competitive Research

Cons

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links
Position Tracking a bit inaccurate
Log files doesn't support .log format

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Broghtedge is a premium SEM tool. Enterprise Level and bit expensive.

BrightEdge

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

No free trial period with Ahrefs

Response from Semrush

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Julio

You can't drive blind

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

First off I had to jump back and forth between applications and sometimes you prefer to have things all under one hood. I still use the other tools mentioned but not nearly as much.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

the look feel and initial presentation of the dashboard
Kevin

The Standard for SEO Project Management

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

primarily data sources, data volume and reporting customization.
MacKenzie
MacKenzie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

SEMrush makes a dissapointing turn for the worse with pricing and user interface

Reviewed on 25/08/2023

I've long been a user of SEMrush, valuing its suite of tools and comprehensive offerings, but recent developments have severely tarnished its reputation in my eyes. Firstly, the abrupt decision to escalate their monthly pricing from a manageable $69/month to a staggering $120/month with only a month's warning came as a real shock. The shakedown for fees is significant and troubling for long-term users with planned budgets around the initial rates. The sting of this price hike was exacerbated when SEMrush decided to monetize what was once a free offering – the Social Media Poster. This fundamental/clunky tool, now costing users $20/month, used to be a free feature, which makes the change feel like a rug pull.Further lowering the product's user experience is the user interface with an array of premium features. This is unnecessary clutter, overwhelms the tool, and complicates staff training. It's frustrating to sift through elements not part of our basic plan. No one wants to see features that they can't use.The platform's UX/UI is a throwback to the 1990s (i.e., tons of vertical and horizontal nav tabs, tags, breadcrumbs, etc. They should upgrade the front-end framework to something more modern and intuitive.Also, they call and email weekly to push users to upgrade. We started with $50/month& we'll never pay for the $250/month Guru plan. Please take us off your weekly dial-for-dollars calls. :)

Pros

The best thing about the service was the price increase of 110% in one month. The user interface is sloppy and difficult to navigate, but it did the job well. It was worth the hassle for around $50/month, but I strongly recommend other options for the $140/month (basic plan + social media poster).

Cons

The tool's UI is cluttered and dated and has many premium features that aren't useable with my current plan. No one wants to see features that aren't available unless you pay $250/month (we were paying $69/month before the latest price hike to $120/month). The site doesn't work with modern browsers like the Brave web browser (multiple page refreshes required).

Moz Pro and Ranktracker

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Price was cheaper at the time. No longer the case, SEMrush is massively overpriced for the value.

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

Because it used to be a lot cheaper. Not the case anymore. They broke user trust completely by starting to charge for the Social Media Poster (used to be free) and more than doubling the monthly rate that we used to pay when we initially subscribed to the tool
Jorge

#1 Agency Competitor and Market Analysis Tool

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

SEMrush allows me and my team to keep up to date with digital marketing trends, news, and content. When it comes to competitor and market research, SEMrush is my go-to digital strategy tool to perform this process in a timely and efficient manner.

Also, the keyword research tool makes my keyword planning more efficient and productive.

Pros

SEMrush has helped our onboarding process smoother and more efficient as we have available significant insights into our new client's market and competitive landscape. Having all this data available straight away allows to focus on higher-level tasks rather than investing much time in regular research activity.

Also, the resources section is the best. You guys show expertise through your courses and blogs.

Cons

I would suggest that there is a different sign-in scheme for agencies, for example, instead of signing in with one user, there should be an account type that allows an admin to grant user access to others while still being under the same plan. This will save time by not having to share credentials and keep resetting passwords.

SpyFu

Reasons for Switching to Semrush

SEMrush seemed to be more at the forefront of digital marketing trends and showed expertise with the resources available. Also, the onboarding experience was good.
Alex
Alex

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases.

Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over.

In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them.

Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible.
- Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching.
- Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually!
- Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained
- Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky:
- The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation)
- It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Laura
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Pros

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account.

2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM)

3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better.

4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

SEOmonitor

Overall, better value.

Response from Semrush

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Robert
Robert

Semrush is the critical

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Moz Local

Reasons for Choosing Semrush

Cheaper and had more features

Price and product capabilities
Rania

Maximize your online visibility with the greatest end-to-end SEO, SEM, and SMM platform.

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

We have saved an incredible amount of hours since the day I started to use Semrush, It provides us with all of the statistical data we really need to maximize our search engine visibility and to achieve the highest results in our PPC campaigns and paid advertising across search engines and social media marketing too. I cannot imagine how search engine marketers used to work without the information and statistics we collect from Semrush and websites like it, since Google doesn't provide us with enough information. I consider Semrush the most important factor in driving thousands and even millions of visitors to your website every day, and to escalating exponential online growth and traffic maximization to boost organic rankings, sales, social shares/mentions, and digital engagement.

Pros

Semrush is my favourite end-to-end SEO platform with a comprehensive end-to-end feature-rich toolset to fulfil your SEO, SEM, and SMM. Some of the greatest Pros of Semrush and the reason why I really appreciate their efforts and that I never needed to switch to an alternative is because it has the most powerful tools for keyword research, competitive intelligence, link-building, organic position tracking, and prospecting high domain-authority websites for a potential digital PR opportunity to build and maintain a strong online reputation through link-building to drive more traffic and achieve broader brand-awareness. I have been implementing Semrush for my clients for over 4 years and since that day until now, while new services come and go, nothing has been as comprehensive as Semrush and no other tool has the deep analysis and the insightful reporting capabilities it has. I cannot explain the great, exceptional results I've achieved for my clients during the past four years by only using Semrush.

Cons

One critical issue I have been facing with Semrush for 4 years, since day one, until now, is the lack of an Arabic database for the Middle East region. This is a huge mistake by them, and I don't understand how come they still didn't take any action regarding it. This leads me to use another tool from their rivals for our Middle Eastern clients with no international presence strategy. One another super annoying bug that most of the people I invited to Semrush have mentioned, including my existing clients, is when trying to sign-up for the trial and the payment keeps failing until he decides to purchase, then it works! I mentioned this bug to them one year ago, but until now it was still happening.

Response from Semrush

We are grateful to be an essential part of your marketing strategies, Rania! As always, we appreciate your feedback about our Arabic databases.
With a tool as large as ours, our development team backlog adds up quickly. We will ensure to share your feedback with them to put a little more steam behind it. Wishing you the best!

Naveen
Naveen
  • Industry: Legal Services

Maximizing Your Digital Marketing Efforts: A Comprehensive Review of SEM Rush

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

I highly recommend SEM Rush for anyone looking to optimize their digital marketing efforts. The platform is incredibly user-friendly and offers a comprehensive suite of tools to help with everything from keyword research to competitor analysis.One of the standout features of SEM Rush is its ability to provide in-depth insights into your website's SEO performance, including identifying areas for improvement and offering actionable recommendations to boost your search rankings. Additionally, the platform's PPC and social media tools are equally robust and offer valuable insights into ad performance and social media engagement.The SEM Rush team is also highly responsive and knowledgeable, providing excellent customer support and resources to help users get the most out of the platform.Overall, SEM Rush is an essential tool for any business looking to improve their online presence and drive more traffic to their website.

Pros

Comprehensive suite of tools: SEM Rush offers a wide range of tools for SEO, PPC, social media, and content marketing, making it a one-stop-shop for all your digital marketing needs.In-depth insights: The platform provides highly detailed insights into your website's performance, including keyword research, backlink analysis, and competitor research, giving you a clear understanding of what's working and what needs improvement.Actionable recommendations: SEM Rush provides actionable recommendations for improving your website's search rankings, as well as your PPC and social media performance, making it easy to implement changes and see results.Excellent customer support: The SEM Rush team is highly responsive and knowledgeable, providing excellent customer support and resources to help users get the most out of the platform.

Cons

Expensive: SEM Rush can be expensive for small businesses and individuals, with plans starting at $119.95 per month, making it less accessible for those on a tight budget.Steep learning curve: The platform can be overwhelming for beginners, with a steep learning curve for those new to digital marketing and SEO.Limited API access: The platform's API access is limited, making it difficult to integrate with other tools and platforms, which may be a deal-breaker for some businesses.Limited social media scheduling features: The social media scheduling features in SEM Rush are limited compared to other social media management tools, which may be a drawback for those looking for a more robust social media solution.

Response from Semrush

Hi! Wow, thank you so much for the glowing recommendation! We're absolutely thrilled that you're loving Semrush for your digital marketing endeavors. Our user-friendly platform and comprehensive tool suite are here to make your life easier and your strategies more effective.
When it comes to SEO, we're all about diving deep and providing you with in-depth insights. Identifying those improvement areas and offering actionable recommendations? Consider it done. Boosting your search rankings is our mission!
But hey, it doesn't stop there. Our PPC and social media tools are equally powerful, giving you valuable insights into ad performance and social media engagement. We're all about helping you crush those campaigns!
We're here to support you every step of the way, with responsive customer support and top-notch resources. We've got your back, no doubt about it.

Thanks again for the amazing review, and keep rocking your online presence like a true digital champion!

Calin
Calin

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pros

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features are better than others, but the audit and competitive analysis really are fantastic. I've used the software in various forms including Business, Guru and free. The free version gives you a taste, but the full experience is generally worth the money. Guru is worth the extra money over Pro as it gives you branded reports and the ability to manage quite a few more projects. Exports and reoccurring reports are very nice and simple to set up.

Overall, this is a great tool for SEO and PPC campaigns. If you need an all-in-one type software solution then I would recommend SEMrush as it's probably the most well-rounded tool you can find.

Cons

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.