Showing 2,317 reviews of 2,237

Brendon B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Complex or complete?

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Monday.com Review

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company.

Pros

I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

Cons

There were a couple of things that I did not like, which made us only use Monday for a short period of time. For one we are a mental health therapy center and we do A LOT of scheduling. While there is a template to schedule clients. It is more so for a few clients and not hundreds. We have multiple therapists and may want to view their appointments sometimes together and sometimes separately and Monday started to get somewhat bulky when trying to do this. We tried doing multiple boards for each therapist and then we tried doing each board as a day of the week and in the end we had too many boards and it was still and either you view this person or that person but not both. On top of that we also schedule activities with clients and that would have been a whole separate view as well. The last thing that we needed was to make recurring appointments for clients that are seen every Tuesday or for ones that are seen every other Thursday etc. This task was extremely bulky and involved using a 3rd party service.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Best Team PM Tool Available

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works.

Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons

Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

A More-Intense Version Of Trello

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

As a department head, Monday helped me take care of my work and those under me but also allowed myself to easily view the work and time accomplished by my team. A great tool for those that oversee productivity.

Pros

Like the title states, Monday is a more adult-version of Trello. Tasks are quickly created in a list/timeline type view (your choices). At my company, each department had their own "board" set up with various columns specific to their duties. For my team in content, we had team member names, due dates, site to be published on, status of task, URL of said published link, and, of course, the dreaded time tracking. Individuals, teams, and departments are easily visible and accounted for with the powerful Monday software.

Cons

Time tracking, love it or hate it, is still a manual job. If you forget to start or end a task, the timer will never start keeping track of time or continuously keep running. Fixing time inputs can be difficult. With this, as this is an issue with the click function of their UI... if you click a button/label/element in one way, one menu will pop up but if you click ever-so-slightly differently, then an editing option will appear over the selected UI element... in other words, click expectations can be intuitive or troubling.

Adam J.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros

Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons

Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

Zachary C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

We finally know what we are doing!

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros

Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

Tristan H.

Robust Customization Features

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

From the moment I first took a deep dive into Monday.com and it's features, I came away extremely impressed. The ability to create and tweak fully custom layouts is very pleasing and allows for high efficiency production.

Pros

I love the customization features that allow you to create just about anything you desire. The ability to rapidly change the types of views without having to create separate files is incredibly efficient as well.

Cons

There are so many different features and customizable options, that at times it can be a little overwhelming trying to setup the 'perfect' layout.

Will C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Visually Appealing Project Management

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I've been evaluating monday.com for the past year, and I'm looking to expand its use in our organization here in year 2 of using this software.

Pros

I really like the overall look of monday.com. It's very visually appealing and easy to see and organize projects and tasks. The Gantt Chart feature is amazing!

Cons

Monday.com is not as intuitive as I would like. It's a little difficult to understand and setup repeating tasks through the automation feature.

Solid project management platform, great customer service

Reviewed on 01/01/2020

It's a better platform than SmartSheet, Jira, or Asana but still not super inexpensive. It works great for large-scale collaborative projects or companies that have rigid compliance processes, but otherwise, a Google Sheet can work just as well for far less.

Pros

Really great customer service, fun to look at - not the usual Excel spreadsheet look of a lot of project management platforms.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly and some of the nomenclature doesn't seem to work for our team - they are a bit more old-school.

James R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super efficient software, really easy to use.

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Our sales team used this before moving over to Freshsales, and they were very pleased with the interface and the price. My legal team also used it for reviewing contracts, and were also very happy. My personal view on Monday.com is the price could be a little lower to fit in with our ITU budget, however this doesn't lack on quality and certainly not on usability.

Pros

NOTE: We have since moved over to Freshsales as it fitted in more with the rest of our products.

Monday is absolutely amazing. It could be easier to use, however what it offers for free is absolutely perfect for small-to-medium businesses and teams. I would highly recommend taking a look at Monday's use cases (available at monday.com/s/software-uses) which can help you understand how their software can benefit your business. I personally really like Monday's ability to pick a template depending on what you'll be using it for, such as recruitment or sales leads. It is also really customisable and flexible depending on how many people will be using it. They also have an app and lots of integrations, enabling maximum use wherever you are.

Cons

Setting up Monday can get a bit tiring, although you won't regret it once it's fully setup. I believe a better pricing structure would not depend on the number of users so broadly. The basic plan with 5 users in your team costs £22 per month, but luckily they do offer a trial which can help you get a better feeling.

Victor S.

monday.com is the best Dev Manager

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

It has been great to use Monday for management, I should have hired before

Pros

I am using monday in its most expensive version, I decided to invest and it was worth every penny. It is the best software for controlling team tasks, especially if using Scrum in development, it has greatly increased our production

Cons

The tool itself does not have many negative points. Only the price, I believe it is the most expensive product in the category, but it is worth it when well deployed and used

Naomi Y.

Design-oriented project/product managers will love Monday.com!

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Pros

The UI is the best part of this software tool! It is very simple, clean and very straightforward. Designers and design-oriented team members will love using this as an organizational and tracking tool. Monday.com took the idea of separate "boards" for separate things to another level. They made certain features more intuitive than its competitors and allowed for seamless collaboration on this tool while keeping your own work separate.

Cons

Unfortunately, this tool is not for everyone. Though I mentioned that it had a very seamless design, it is definitely geared more towards designed focused folks or the millennial generation. About half of our team used this daily, but the other half did not touch it at all because they prefer more tradition styles of project management. It is more of a preference in your work style.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Monday.com

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Our tasks were not recorded and many fell through the cracks. As we are not interested in a customer ticketing system we needed a way to organize phone requests and email requests. We tried the monday.com trial and we were hooked. At first, it is a little daunting and it takes a little use to organize things as they work best for you. This includes boards and groups. After creating an initial dump of all of our tasks, we were able to tailor groups and views to fit our needs.

Pros

The software is quite feature rich. Being cloud-based there is nothing to install. Mobile applications are available to see task boards on the go.

Cons

We have not found a feature that we don't like. Time tracking for tasks is not available in the two lower paid tiers which is a disappointment.

Lauren N.

Instantly in love with this project management tool!

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Overall it has been a big improvement on consolidating and simplifying my cross-team functions and holding everyone accountable for their tasks! It looks nice and gets the job done.

Pros

I love that the layout/design/overall appearance is very clean, modern, and colorful. The automations are so useful and efficient. Each of our teams at my company are using Monday.com for pretty different purposes and it fits like a glove for all of them! I like that you can use attachments, links, statuses, dropdowns, individual sub-item due dates/notifications, and you can see who saw their notifications/boards.

Cons

One thing I wish it had, and maybe I'm just too new to find it, is that I want to make rules to make people unable to change a Status unless they have marked another column in a certain way (like they can't mark it Complete unless they attach a document to a certain column, or something like that). Otherwise I haven't found any real issues with it!

Elysa A.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Saved the day

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Chose this platform after much research and needed to implement it quickly. is the 1st of its kind at our office and people took to it rather well. I'm pretty limited when it comes to IT but it was easy for me to figure it out. whatever questions i had were always promptly answered by a Monday.com employee (by phone or email) and we even set up a couple of Video conference calls to help set me up. Super helpful!

Great customer support
Affordable
Love the interface

Cons

would be great that when you uploaded an excel spreadsheet that it wouldn't chose a column type for you. if it the wrong one, its a pain to change them all. also, if i want to change column type, dont create a new one, simply change the one i selected.

Lauren M.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

monday.com has a professional interface to manage projects

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

We organize all our panel of activities daily with monday.com, we have a planning idea based on highly positive perception of ideas. It is extremely easy and important to get an overview of our projects, so monday.com is highly beneficial. I recommend the software because it gives a series of positive elements to organize the tasks. You will feel comfortable with its interface, it will increase the possibility of being able to do a lot at such a low price.

Pros

The interface of monday.com is beautiful, it's nice to be able to work with a platform with an innovative design. I can maintain a daily management of projects. Its price is extremely low, it has tools that are of high quality and I'm surprised it's still so cheap.

Cons

This software can be a bit difficult for newcomers, I particularly did not find it difficult but some of my colleagues did.

Renee D.

implementation has been easy and simple, displays and dashboards are visually interesting

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

It provides us with visibility to all the projects the members of our team are currently and in the future, working on. This allows us to see capacity among our team and to report the various projects and their status to our leadership.

Pros

The ability to use colors, set up our projects the way we want to, flexibility of the system, customer support has been responsive and helpful, online help is very useful and organized well with a great search feature

Cons

The flexibility of the product is both a benefit and challenge, you have to play around with multiple iterations of the boards to find what works best for your team. It would be great to have some level of alerting for due dates indicated in either the timeline feature or the date feature (ex: set up to receive alerts X days before something is due). For example, if it was a setting, either at the account level or the board level, and it simply puts a notification into the inbox of the person (or persons) on the pulse, that would be most helpful. To take that one step further, being able to search or filter by that date too would be nice (although that might be more complex).

George M.

A Swiss army knife for task management

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Pros

It has tons of features that keep on growing; we specifically loved and utilized the latest additions of time tracking and linking pulses between different boards.
Its features allow for considerably different uses across various teams. We have used it for tracking the development process of tasks for our backend developers team, as a tool for our onboarding team to manage the entire process, as well as as reviewal board for any renewals for our sales team.

Cons

The UI, while relatively clean, is a bit heavy.
The terminology, e.g., pulses, boards, etc, is a bit difficult to grasp at first.
The ability to associate emails with specific pulses is very useful, but I would love for a more elegant and simple solution

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Extensive Features for All Data Organization Under the Sun

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Overall excellent app with a great design. Has an extensive range of features making it useful for just about any team in some regard.

Pros

Monday has so many features, and the development team is consistently releasing new ones. Time tracking, activity logging, the ability to add notes, Monday has it all and then some. What I liked most was the display - the visual customization that is offered is incredibly extensive. The visual timelines, the color and shading coding, and the project groupings can be changed as needed and it adds to the organizational capacity that the software offers. I've worked with Asana, Slack, and trialed other team organization software and I think Monday has the most options for customization out of them all.

Cons

With many features and customization options comes a bit of a learning curve. Getting the team up to speed with the options we would use and how to make them work appropriately took a little time, but it's an initial upfront time cost for the benefit of having an abundance of tools at your disposal. The cost may also be a little prohibitive for an individual user or even a small team, but it's not outrageous by any means.

One of the best project management tool I have used so far.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

It save time for my project planification and organization for the work of my team. We improved our productivity and communication flow.

Pros

Monday is very customizable and useful to track many little tasks as well as big projects. It could be use in a simple or complex way to suits your specific needs.
The user interface is easy to use/navigate and looks good.
For me, the best feature in Monday is definitely the search and filters. No matter how many boards/pulses/projects/users you have, you can find the info you need quickly.
Moreover, the customer service is awesome and reachable.
Monday constantly improve the product and add new features.

Cons

I do not have bad thing to say. As they constantly improve the products, all of the cons are resolved one by one.
I have not yet mastered the inbox and notifications. Maybe it's me or maybe something could be improve here.

Joe C.

A great option for agencies & project managers

Reviewed on 23/01/2020

Marketing & design agencies absolutely NEED a project management tool to keep everyone organized and on-task. Monday is one of the better PM tools that I have seen out there. Easy to use, easy to look.

Pros

The best part about the Monday project management tool is the simple-to-use, intuitive layout and operating system. Having a tool that is easy to look at and makes sense visually is a huge plus.

Cons

Monday is a fantastic project management option but overall, the price is what kept my team from implementing this on a company-wide scale.

Charles C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I love Monday.com!

Reviewed on 20/01/2019

Pros

The UI design is visually pleasing and makes the program easy to use.
The software can be easily customized for different types of projects.
Time tracking is great and helps us account for time spent on any given project.
Monday.com can be easily integrated with popular apps I use such as trello and slack.
I also love the quick and helpful customer support from the team.

Cons

It's really difficult finding any fault with this software. The one single issue I can think of it that the interface seems to wide, such that you have to do a lot to scrolling to see everything, especially for small screens.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Awesome Communications and Process Flow Software

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Our company needed a central hub to keep our sales team properly communicated, as well as updated sales funnels. We also needed a ticketing system for IT support for our users. We also needed a central project management tool to help keep our priorities straight among cross functional teams. We also needed a place to keep our to-do's and action items supervised, with the ability to monitor individual performance and assign new tasks as needed to subordinates. We found the ability to do all that in monday.com. The platform is super simple to understand, they have a very extensive library of "boards" that allow you to create different types of process flows. You can send new info into your board via email, and you can respond from the app via email updates. This is a great tool to have a number of communication processes under the same roof.

Pros

Ease of use, simple implementation and ability to have groups by roles as well as private process flows.

Cons

Lack of flexibility on some complex business flows, but they keep adding features on a regular basis that help counter their perceived lack of flexibility

Abimbola K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Our productivity is maximized.

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

Pros

Beautiful usual interface and visuals. It has enabled us to be more productive by reducing the number of emails we exchange across teams and even the number of meetings.
Monday.com enable us change messages we receive from Slack into tasks on monday.com.Thereby making it possible to transform conversations into tasks.
While also enabling us upload attachments and our files right from our projects.

Cons

When we first adopted Monday.com we were able to make comments on pdf documents, however this was suddenly changed all of a sudden without even a notice. Will be great to have this feature back.

Eric A.

Great organizational tool for teams and projects, that will have you wanting a little more

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

I really like Monday. It's helped my business scale, and help keep track of accountability across all the employees. Instead of using very clunky Google sheets for project managing, this has been a streamlined replacement.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. My team was able to learn the software in less than an hour or so, and we've been more organized overall as an organization. All of our kick off meetings are based on our monday.com boards.

Cons

I wish there were some more ways to track and input info/data into the separate entries. It's more of a strictly project mgmt software, as I still chat and use different programs like telegram, google drive, etc. in order to finish these projects. So am constantly going in and out of the app