JobAdder

111 Reviews for UK Users

Clarke P.

Dynamo Review

Reviewed on 09/09/2015

Love the fact that the app is built and configured for mobile devices not just the PC version re-sized or re-hashed. This makes it great for accessing info on the move. As well as being very functional its obvious that some thought and effort has gone into the front end which does make for painless experience.

Pros

The support team at Jobadder are amazing. They answer the phone in 2 rings and if they dont have an immediate answer will be back in touch very quickly with a solution. Generally tho I dont use their support too much as the product is very intuitive.

Cons

This app provides a read only version of your database which is perfect for me as that is what I require when out and about. Of course you can log onto the full site to make edits etc.

Jay L.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

You'll struggle to find a better ATS!!

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

I've implemented multiple applicant tracking systems. Our process for selecting JobAdder was thorough, b/c we had made some mistakes in previously deploying other products that looked great during the product demo, but after going live realizing the product made you hate your job and the support team made you want to strangle someone.

My experience with JobAdder is a 9.0 on 1-10 scale. The truth is, no system is perfect...they all have their flaws. So we are extremely happy with our selection and looking forward to building our company and our processes around the current and future capabilities of their system.

Pros

it starts with the team and the culture/attitude of service and continuous improvement. Their culture cascades into every aspect of the business, from development, to product, to support, etc. The product is intuitive and easy to use. The support team is highly responsive and they are experts on their system, so little time is wasted by their support rep seeking answers to questions they should already have the answers to. It is very easy to configure. The product team is continually releasing helpful updates/feature enhancements to improve user experience. The integrations they've built bring significant functionality through their marketplace that not only offers enhanced features/capabilities, but saves time...a lot of it!

Cons

They are working on most of my issues. They have an effective process for processing the user community's feature enhancement requests and adding meaningful requests into the product roadmap. The two things that I'd like to see is: 1) Multi column sorting, and 2) group update of any/every field in a record. There are other things, but the workarounds are acceptable.

Reasons for Choosing JobAdder

If your ATS doesn't help you love your job and make you more efficient, you need to switch. Simply, Compas/Aviante wasn't even coming close to meeting our needs...and the bad reputation and bully tactics of Bullhorn led us away from Sendouts. Simply put, in order to be a great recruiting firm, we needed a technology to serve as our foundation. JobAdder is exactly that for us.

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

product and organizational maturity, service & support, data migration process, features (integrations, capabilities), functionality (UI/UX, ease of use), and product roadmap.
Nicolas B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great applicant tracker but workflow could do with improvement

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

Pros

Jobadder makes the applicant tracking process easy to manage if you use job boards such as Seek (who are a part-owner of Jobadder). Being able to access candidates from anywhere via this cloud based tool is great. The resume search tool is also good and the system is relatively fast given it's cloud based.

Cons

Whilst this is a slick tool, Jobadder still has a way to go in terms of being a total workflow management tool and it is quite clear that it started life as an applicant tracking tool rather than a recruitment database.

If you value a database where all email correspondence is linked to clients / candidates then this one is not for you. There is no seamless link between your email client and jobadder meaning you have to manually upload emails to the database (sent and received) from google or outlook 365. Furthermore this is something they (jobadder developers) do not see as valuable. For some people this is a non-issue but for me, I like to keep an audit trail of all client correspondence and easily be able to access it and ensure if needed it has a time and date stamp and can easily forward this email to a client (usual issues such as re-sending terms of business and the usual issues a recruitment firm faces around the timing of candidate submissions etc.

Furthermore there is no ability to undertake a text search on notes / emails that you do manually upload into the system. The float functionality is very geared towards low-value recruitment, utilising a tool whereby the client clicks a hyperlink which goes to a jump page which you have no control over the look and feel of.

From a workflow perspective, being able to update candidate skills, employment details, add notes etc is a little hit and miss.

I have voiced these concerns but get the feeling their priority is to continually add smaller job boards to the platform than continue to improve workflow and functionality. It's a real pity as they are ALMOST there in terms of having a really awesome tool!

For now we will stick with them but here's hoping I can change my 6 to a 10!

Trevor B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Never been more efficient and timely

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Conversion over to Job Adder from our previous ATS was straightforward, we had to some database clean up, but nothing that was a challenge. The usability, search function and the amazing customer support staff have made this product exceptional. After experiencing four other ATS systems for a year each in our search for the right one, I can say unequivocally that Job Adder has made our organization stronger, our company deliverable more consistent, and our output more efficient. It's an amazing product.

Pros

I love the ability to quickly update information on candidates pulled into the search long list. Managing candidates is a piece of cake through their search function, every single candidate I speak with believes I have known them for years. Also the ability to update candidate information on the fly, while one the phone easily has made for a database richness that we haven't had before.

Cons

As the new software upgrades take place you end up working between the old and the new interfaces which operate slightly differently. No big deal, but it will be nice when it is all consistent. Would also be nice to be able to set the default number of candidates in a long list to a number higher than 20.

Reasons for Choosing JobAdder

Because their product was not suitable for our business, very challenging to work with in a consistent manner across the company, and their customer support was awful. Truly aweful.

Exelare

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Because [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made a compelling case for the change, based on a solid Features and Benefits run down. He was aware of our previous system challenges and was able to clearly demonstrate the product plus of the JobAdder system.
Joshua O.

Great Software - Can't get anyone on the phone to help?

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Excellent, except for being able to call someone and get assistance

Pros

This software is brilliant for all things recruitment.

Cons

I used this software for 2 years about 3 years ago and it changed the business I was working for in so many positive ways. You used to very easily be able to get someone on the phone for support but now, no one even picks up the phone! Every time I call the support team, I have to leave a message and it is just radio silence. One of the best softwares on the market but I am completed baffled at how hard it is to get someone on the phone. I'm sure their messaging support is good but I don't want to shoot 100 messages back and forth to get information on something that would take 5 minutes over the phone.

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Because it is suited our needs better. I also thought that I would be able to get someone on the phone for assistance. if I had known that you can't get support over the phone I would have chosen Bullhorn
Nik A.

Good tool 9 out or 10 for me

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Can't imagine myself without this tool

Pros

Cost
Tracking
Talent pipelining
User Interface

Cons

I wish its PeopleAdder extension worked with google accounts as well as it does with Microsoft. It is a Google thing I reckon.

Workable and Lever

Cost Easy to use Works for my business model
Jesse E.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Perfect for a small agency!

Reviewed on 02/12/2015

Pros

I run a small executive search company and was looking for a system that not only would work like an ATS but could also act like a CRM. I like to batch communicate with my candidates just as much as my customers. Jobadder does this. In fact, working within JobAdder is smooth and powerful. Posting positions is easy, replying to candidates is easy, building templates, etc.. it's all really simple and effective. After reviewing several ATS systems, I felt that it was the most intuitive and easy to use system for my needs at an attractive price point. Plus the customer support is nothing like I've experienced before from a software company. They're very attentive, polite, and solve all my problems with ease. I promise I'm not paid to say that, they're really that good.

Cons

There's a few of things that I wish could be improved. 1) You can't import all of your LinkedIn or other database (.csv files) records to JobAdder for free. They will do it but, they will charge you. Seems a bit petty. 2) I wish it was a little more similar to Workable where you would import a candidate and it would automatically scrape the web for additional contact information (i.e. additional email addresses, twitter feeds, Facebook, GitHub, Stackoverflow, etc..) to enhance the record. It looks like you can add a picture to your candidate records, but you have to do that manually. Workable does all of this automatically. Lastly, I wish I could create a record from the clipboard as oppose to creating a .pdf or .doc to import a resume. Sometimes I find a resume on a blog and I just want to copy it and paste it into Jobadder. And if I had to nitpick... I wish it was a little bit faster.

Monica K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

A simple and user friendly recruitment software

Reviewed on 19/11/2015

Pros

An extremely user friendly system even for the not so tech savvy users.
We use it for all our national recruitment including graduate recruitment.
You can easily send bulk emails to shortlisted candidates and it records all interactions with candidates.
JobAdder support uses a ticketing system which is very efficient- You receive a response within 24 hours or most of the time within the hour. Their support team is based in Sydney so you can easily call them directly if required.
They also have a JobAdder app on IOS where you can easily access and view any new job applications.
There is no contract- It is month to month and is charged per user so it is very cost efficient and a great system for any organisations who are new to using a recruitment software system.
JobAdder also has a range of job boards- For each job that you post, you can select however many job boards you wish for the job to appear on (LinkedIn, SEEK, Indeed.com, Company intranet page etc..)

Cons

You can easily forward CV's to hiring managers to review and provide a rating, however the system doesn't easily allow for you to send through covering letters or other documents the candidate has attached with their application to the hiring managers.
Running metric reports are quite basic and limited.

Tiffany A.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good budget ATS

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Great for a smaller agency/independent recruiter who need a straightforward and inexpensive ATS option. It is well worth the cost and very easy to use.

Pros

It does everything you need a decent ATS to do, at a fraction of the cost. It isn't quite as sophisticated as Bullhorn, but I much prefer it to Ceipal or erecruit. It is not convoluted or too busy, making it very easy to pick up even for someone unfamiliar to using an ATS. Also features easy drag-and-drop parsing, and it's email templates actually send in the format in which they are set up.

Cons

Isn't as customizable as other ATS, and doesn't communicate directly with many of the larger job boards. Can't cross reference candidate profiles directly to other client profiles and open orders as easily, and tracking them through the process isn't as usable/readable and it can be hard to tell where a candidate is in an interview process since there aren't really complex status options.

James H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great app with awesome customer service

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Pros

The workflows and set up is very easy to understand. They have walkthrough guides for almost everything and if something doesn't work or is missing the customer service team are very fast to respond using the chat feature.

Cons

Some more integrations would be good. Especially with CRM systems. The marketing functionality is somewhat limited. There is an integration with MailChimp which is good.

Kim L.

Easy to use!!

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

I use the candidate search on a regular basis, I find it saves me time searching for candidates with specific skills.

Overall I think JobAdder is an excellent tool! I'd love to continue to learn more ways to use it!

Pros

JobAdder is so easy to use, it's pretty self explanatory, you can figure things out by searching around. I love the simple layout. I also that it has helped me become paperless. All notes are in each candidate file, I have access to information at all times. I also love the mobile app.

Cons

Sometimes I think going through applicants is cumbersome and time consuming. On the quick view of an applicant, I wish I could easily look at the resume, and mark them reject. Or delete them from that screen, as in out of site, out of mind.

Avionté

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Avionte was hard to use. JobAdder is so much easier and much more robust.
Bonnie H.

JobAdder review from a Technical Recruiter's perspective

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

JobAdder's support throughout has been exceptional. I was part of the team to implement the product and they worked with us to customize the product and assisted us with adapting our workflow to JobAdder, making suggestions on how to utilize features of JobAdder to enhance our process.

Pros

JobAdder makes tracking a candidate from the first contact to placement easy. One of the new features where you can view and modify candidate information without actually opening the candidate in another tab is really a time saver.

Going along these same lines, the "New" Job Dashboard makes evaluating new applicants and reaching out to them quick and efficient.

Cons

Emails received from candidates are not automatically logged to a candidate record unless the email thread originated from JobAdder.

Vanessa F.

We Love Job Adder

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

The people that we engage with at Job Adder are exceptional. They offer hands on support and are an absolute pleasure to deal with. They have a great approach to client service and their Helpdesk is efficient and effective.

Pros

Ease of Use, Ample Integrations available for automation, candidate experience and hiring manager portal features are great. Integration to GSuite and social pages. User friendly and implementation is easy and cost effective.

Cons

The basic recruitment dashboard could be enhanced. Multiple Currency Reporting and Locations should be improved to cater for global recruitment agencies with branches in multiple countries.

Zoho Recruit, BambooHR and Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Integrations, Account Managers were knowledgeable and enterprise pricing offering. Other solutions were per user pricing and as a start up we needed flexibility to scale in a cost effective way.
Sharon P.

JobAdder review

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Great firm, evolving and leading product

Pros

Hi have been a customer of Jobadder for over 5 years

Support has always been responsive and impressively no glitches even though we are in WA

Also when I was working with NFP Disability Services, I reached out and there was offer of support

I love how Jobadder is now being more intuitive like when moving contacts to other companies it makes the comment, removing the requirement to make the record card note

Cons

And whilst Im sure there is lots of content and video on help would be really good for refreshers like most used functions perhaps? Who has the time to self navigate?

Perhaps yearly webinars these are the not to be missed new functions

Keeley E.

Great system but major flaw with Job Board integration

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

If you don't need to integrate with UK Job Boards, JobAdder is a very good system. The Support Team respond quickly and there are lots of training videos to help.
Unfortunately as we are struggling greatly with uploading applications, it is wasting us a lot of time. The alternative is to switch the application form back on however we risk candidates not applying for vacancies if they are not able apply easily via the Job Boards. For this reason, we are having to look for an alternative system. If we would have known about this feature during the demo, we would not have chosen JobAdder. As a recruitment company, we need the candidates experience when applying for jobs to be as easy as possible.

Pros

JobAdder is an all in one system which makes it easy for multiposting adverts onto Job Boards through to managing vacancies and candidates.
It is very customisable and is great as a CRM as well as a recruitment management system for both Temporary and Permanent placements.
It integrates with MailChimp and Xero which is also useful for us.

Cons

The major flaw we have found is when applicants apply via the main Job Boards in the UK (TotalJobs, Reed, Monster and CV Library) they are diverted to an external application form where they have to reattach their CV. It doesn't pull the CV the candidate has in the Job Board. This means that candidates abort their application half way through which is putting a barrier in the way. As many applicants apply for jobs on the move, it's not likely they will have their CV to hand and saved on their phone. Most candidates will not come back later, they will just move onto the next vacancy advert.
We turned the application form off, which means that we receive applications by email but we then have to manually upload them. If you regularly receive 50+ applications per role, this is then very time consuming. At this stage (Sept 2019) there is no update from JobAddder as to when they will be able to integrate with the UK Job Boards in the same way as Broadbean etc

Firefish

Reasons for Choosing JobAdder

We were using Recruitive for multi-posting and Recruit so Simple as a recruitment CRM / management system. We wanted an all-in-one system and to be able to manage temporary staff which was not possible with Recruit so Simple.

Recruitive

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Lower up front cost and many features in FireFish were not needed
Courtney R.

Love the Simplicity!

Reviewed on 25/11/2015

Pros

We evaluated a TON of different CRMs in our recent software conversion, and I was struck immediately by the very clean look and feel to Jobadder. In fact, within 10 minutes into the demo I recall thinking "Ok! We found it!" It seemed (and still seems) very intuitive and easy to use. We love that it's web-based (our previous system was not), so is of course accessible at home, remotely, or at the office. The Jobadder support team is always friendly and easy to work with and although I can't exactly tell if they're smiling as they're responding to our support requests, it seems like they are!

Cons

We were seeking a CRM that was more intuitive and more simple than our previous one, which Jobadder is. With any transition to seemingly the other end of the spectrum, there are just a few things that we had previously that we wish we still did. For our company in particular, we would ideally like a bit more line-of-business separation of data, but we have been able to work with Jobadder just fine. And there were a few small issues that we weren't fully aware of until the conversion time, but the Jobadder folks were able to talk us through all of our options.

Shannon S.

Propel Collective

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

So far I have really enjoyed using the JobAdder platform and interacting with all staff both support and sales! Great product guys. Love all the updates too!

Pros

User design an experience is great. easy to input data and then access it!

Cons

Only issues I have experienced so far is clearing alerts when you have completed those tasks. Even after you check the box next to the specific alerts they don't disappear right away it usually takes some time for it process.

Reasons for Switching to JobAdder

Familiarity with from prior use and the user interface/ease of use. Also being an Aussie always love to support Aussie companies that do great work! :) Happy Holidays Jobadder Peeps :)
Travis S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Why I use JobAdder CRM

Reviewed on 14/07/2016

Pros

It's ease of use, logical layout and limited clicks to get to the point where you want to be is an attractive feature of this cloud based software. I also like that JobAdder seems to be flexible in working with their customers and have a willingness to work with them to customize the product to a degree. They also did a great job parsing my data into the system, which initially was a concern of mine, however they performed above my expectations.

Cons

While JobAdder does offer some nice functionalities there are several areas where they have fallen short with their technology. These aren't deal breakers but do bring about some frustration. (system doesn't check for duplicate records before creating a new one; 'contacts' and 'candidates' are two separate profiles which means double data entry; a tickler reminder system for activity doesn't exist however they do offer an 'upcoming tasks' option; you can't edit date stamps (other systems have two time stamps); if there are multiple users under an account there isn't a streamlined process to electronically share profiles; applet fields can not be changed on your own, you have to go through JobAdder support for that (good thing is there isn't a cost for this)

Jodi B.

JobAdder Review

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

My team and I use this software daily to track jobs, applications, candidates etc. Without it we would be using wonky spreadsheets without any integration

Pros

The desktop (like your dashboard) has two different viewings, both can give you a great glimpse of where your jobs and candidates are at

Cons

Maybe the cost, but after reviewing various others, JobAdder fell nicely into an affordable space for its features and graphics

Ruben G.

Great ATS

Excellent experience

Pros

Easy to navigate
Great ability to integrate with relevant software ecosystem
Mobile app is great

Cons

Nothing to complain about. This ats has been great so far.

PCRecruiter, CATS and Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Pricing, integration and features
Lisa B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

How user-friendly is JobAdder?

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

Excellent

Pros

Very user friendly and love the Folders feature

Cons

Reporting features and reports that can be used for sales metrics

Patrik H.

JobAdder as an ATS

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

Pros

I like the added features like the plugin for social and JA for Gmail. Integration of several third-party services and candidate sources is probably the biggest time saver for any ATS, in my experience that biggest gripe users have on ATS products is that they often act a bit as a walled garden and so much time is spent on data entry which is a huge waste of time for any organization.

Cons

I think the product can act smarter features and help with decision making based on the data available from the database. The email function could be improved like for example having automatic follow up emails and maybe a dashboard showing any replies our unanswered emails to help recruiters keep track of their process and knowing what actions need to be taken on a daily and weekly basis.

Darryl W.

Custom Data Extract by JobAdder

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

I engaged JobAdder to do a custom data extract of 127k rows for us.

The export came out perfect, exactly what we were looking for.

Very economical too.

Pros

Very happy : the service, everyone has been great to deal with, friendly, happy & professional
Very happy : the turnaround time of the entire thing, from start to finish in a couple of days is excellent
Very happy : the end result, the data is just what we wanted, and the mockup/preview that let us confirm what we wanted worked well

Cons

Could be improved: the delivery method below via FileZilla & winzip is unnecessarily convoluted and many corporate PCs are locked down and do not have the ability to download / install applications, and even if they do, will just have to go back and uninstall them as soon as they're finished. The way you did the mockup via dropbox was far and away a superior delivery mechanism and I would entreat you to investigate shifting to using that for the delivery of the finished product also.

Martin S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great product with great support

Reviewed on 18/03/2016

Pros

JobAdder is a great cloud based CRM solution for the recruitment industry. It has a really simple and intuitive user interface across desktop and mobile platforms and integrates well with social networks and Outlook. It has all the functionality required to effectively manage the recruitment process, but in a much simpler and pared down way than other solutions.
What's great is that as a vendor, the JobAdder team offer awesome support and are constantly developing the product to suit the end users. The reporting tools are excellent also. Overall, a great product and quite simply the best recruitment CRM we've used.

Cons

Nothing to say here other that if there's something that's not working as it should, the support and development team at JobAdder are great at resolving it.

Elisha W.
  • Used for 1+ year

JobAdder is a great tool for Recruitment Teams

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

I enjoyed using Job Adder for recruitment, but it did take some time to set up for our companies uses. Customer support was helpful at times, but at other times, they seemed to deny that there was really a problem or take days to solve a problem or answer questions about things like whether our emails were getting through, etc.

Pros

I liked the way the candidate profiles were organized, being able to pull a list of candidates and view the profiles in a side window and mark them for communication. I liked the organization of the app.

Cons

I felt that the system of tagging candidates for certain skillsets or degrees, etc was a bit more difficult than the use of tags which I like. I did not like that you couldn't make some changes in a job requisition such as ownership, or job title without losing some information within.