Lucidchart Reviews

2070 Reviews for UK Users

Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Lucidchart, a platform to create ideas, document processes and increase agility in the...

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

Lucidchart is a spectacular tool, which has grown through its own concept, aimed at streamlining the process of creating ideas. In general, diagramming in different areas or specialties is very well received by engineers, designers, administrative staff, and managers, and its application is very wide, so it becomes a great technical support to make our processes flow more quickly.

Pros

Its interactive and agile design is one of its greatest advantages since it does not require at all to spend time learning to diagram, work collaboratively or use the tool's functionalities. It has a high degree of usability and allows us to make almost any diagram, among them we can mention: UML diagram, iPhone/android mockups, workflow diagram, flowchart, org chart, data flow, kanban diagrams, and much more.Its integrations provide us with functionality to work collaboratively in environments such as MS TEAMS and its adoption in the organization is fast and intuitive.

Cons

Lucidchart is great at what it does. We may try to ask for more of its scope and in many cases, it will not disappoint us, however if we are looking for a sophisticated design application that has powerful functionality related to specialized rich text fonts, color palette registration, a grouping of objects to create custom libraries in a project, to name a few examples, we are going to need to evaluate some other option, but if what we want is to work in agile and collaborative environments, Lucidchart is undoubtedly one of the best options today.

Yatin
Yatin
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing tool to create flowcharts

Reviewed on 11/02/2023

It has been a great experience with Lucidchart overall. We are able to create and discuss the flows and processes in highly efficient manner using Lucidchart. The team's productivity has increased and delivery cycle has also shortened.

Pros

Lucidchart helps create effective flowcharts in a convenient manner. This enables brainstorming among the team members and we can arrive at the best possible flows and solutions. Lucidchart also allows to replicate and easily modify the flowcharts and diagrams for quick iteration. The flows in Lucidchart can be easily copied and pasted to documents and presentations.

Cons

The customisable templates for creating various flowcharts need to be more discoverable . There's no suggestion to improve the flowcharts in Lucidchart which can be very helpful. Sometimes the flowcharts can't be pasted into documents which is an issue. There can be features to better manage the flowcharts in folders.

draw.io and Miro

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The functionalities and user interface offered by Lucidchart stands out from the competitors. Lucidchart pricing is highly competitive and we could select the plan as per our requirements.
Chris

Basic Software For Ease

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Pros

This is a basic flowchart software that we used in lieu of Microsoft Visio. It was easy to use and to learn, with easy to follow help online for flowchart creation. The main benefit we found with this software was it's integration with Google Suites. With our company using Google Suites, this software easily integrates with other Google software and email.

Cons

It is a very basic software with limited features that we used, which was flowchart management. We used it for a short while as our company transitioned to Google-based software, however we've since gone back to Visio for it's better features and functionality.

Great for web development!

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

I have enjoyed using Lucidchart a lot and will probably continue doing so.

I have enjoyed using Lucidchart a lot and will probably continue doing so.

Pros

Lucidchart has made it really easy for me to work on making flowcharts and to make wireframes for any websites I'm making. The drag and drop features make it so easy.

Cons

Happy for now and I don't have any cons to list about Lucidchart.

Femi
Femi
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

An very useful tool for visualisation

Reviewed on 15/07/2023

A useful tool for creating charts and visualisation

A useful tool for creating charts and visualisation

Pros

Perfect for making charts and visualising

Cons

It may have a steep learning curve for most users.

Divaldo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent tool to put visible ideas

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

I was able to quickly create many diagrams and procedure flowcharts, after 3 hours of use I got used to it and could finish flowcharts in record time.

Pros

First of all it is a tool with a very clean design. It's excellent for those who aren't very technical to start putting ideas into practice, in particular I'm good at making diagrams, flowcharts of procedures. Excellent export functionality for sharing.

Cons

I didn't find any negative points, maybe one of the plans should allow more users at the same price.

Chris

LucidChart

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

It did a great job in feeling my needs and requirements for creating a network diagram.

Pros

It's way more affordable than Microsoft's offering

Cons

You can't export the files easily, or at least without paying.

Rob
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent for flow charts

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Pros

Great for estimating critical path and process flows.

Cons

Difficult to space icons and generate straight arrows

Aleah
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Game changer

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Pros

OMG, when my coworker stumbled across Lucidchart it was a game-changer for our team! At the time we were having issues with the whiteboard (via Zoom). She introduced us to this and we seriously did not use whiteboard anymore lol. It is so easy, interactive, and fun to use

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Lucidchart

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Lucid honest review for design

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Pros

Drag and drop features are so useful and easy to use, i can efficiently create flow charts ,data flow digrams and much more for my current project

Cons

Some times its crashes.. and premium plan is so costly

• Industry: Government Administration

Easy to use business process mapping software

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long.
-I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them
-Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

One of the best softwares in market for creating flow diagrams

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Overall, I will highly recommend using Lucidchart for creating and sharing your flowcharts or diagrams. It is an extremely customizable and flexible tool with a lot of integration options. Though it doesn't have many cheaper or smaller plans, however, for enterprise level, this is one of the best diagramming tools available.

Pros

Lucidchart is specifically designed to create flowcharts like business process models, data flow diagrams, organizational charts, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams etc. I love its feature set and integrations as compared to other diagramming tools like draw.io or Microsoft Visio. As it is an online web application, it allows multiple team members to collaborate and contribute on the same diagram in real time. You can leave feedback or comments on any object and attach notes.Lucidchart has plethora of options for different flowchart shapes, objects, lines or pre-built templates, which eventually saves up a lot of your time.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about this software but one major limitation with Lucidchart is that there is no desktop app available, so you will always need to use it in the browser. Also, sometimes when I am moving the objects, the lines/connectors/links between those objects mess up completely and I end up doing a lot of readjustments.

Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great diagramming solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Our overall experience with Lucidchart is great, we love the solution and plan to keep working with them for the foreseeable time.

Pros

There are many features we loved about this software, some of them are the vast variety of charts and diagrams to choose from. We have practically all of the schemes needed to develop a robust data management solution. In addition the tool is very intuitive so we needed almost no training nor research to use it.

Cons

The one feature they could improve is the documentation tools, we believe it could be a little more simpler to work with. Another con could be the community, we reach for help and didn't fin much support.

Visme and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

We made the switch because we needed a more robust tool to share our database diagramming.

Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

During our cost / price evaluation Lucidchart came with the highest value.
Muhammad

Diagramming is easy on Lucidchart

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

Lucidchart is web-based, intuitive, intelligent, reliable software for making diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts, gantt charts, mind maps; also allows to linking data to shapes. Lucidchart works on any environment whether windows, mac, or linux even it may be used online. It allow collaboration, import data or diagram, export diagram; it has rich library of shapes.

Pros

Lucidchart is web-based therefore work can be done or accessed from anywhere, it is easy to use. Importing and exporting data and diagram is simple. It has vast library of shapes and templates, it allows to modify template according to your requirements. Arrows can be easily used, it provides option to jump arrows, layers may be used for better diagramming.

Cons

While working in a browser, you can only create charts; web application cannot work offline. Some templates are not easy to use but tricky and need time to understand. It provides insufficient icons and not allow to search icons externally, icon cannot be resized as well. You cannot arrange the layer as a whole.

Andrea
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Option for Flow Charting

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Lucidchart is my new favorite software for process mapping/diagraming. In the past, I have used another well known software that is basically an industry standard for process improvement so I wasn't sure if this would meet my needs in terms of mapping out our processes but it has far exceeded my expectations.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create flow charts, workflows, and diagrams in various formats. There are other software out there that accomplish this function but Lucidchart is really cost effective for educational institutions and meet the need very well.

Cons

It took a little bit to understand how to work the tools and formatting but once you get the hang of it, the software is pretty easy to use. It would be awesome to have some sort of training manual to refer to help those new to process mapping understand the various symbols but considering how cost effective it is, that's really a non-issue.

iGrafx

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Used in my previous organization and was looking for a more cost-effective solution.

iGrafx

Cost effectiveness.
Shawn

Lucidchart for the Masses

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

I was hired at my organization about two years ago to replace someone who had strong design skills that I did not. However, I knew of this program and how it could make reports and/or presentations beautiful. So I invested in the program and have not looked back. My peers and my supervisors have found what I have been able to create in Lucidchart extremely helpful. While there are programs that may do this at a more sophisticated level, for our strata of organization (midsize regional) it is perfect and is at exactly the right cost for an organization our size to have a yearly team-based account.

Pros

I think the extensive library of templates is the most important gift this program offers. I can get into the program and scan for a wide variety of template / tool options that I can then deploy. Sometimes, I'm not necessarily sure of what I need, and I can scan a variety to be able to get something that is close and/or I can modify quickly to be able to use for my work. This has really helped speed up the quality of my reports. While there are other programs that do similar work, I really operate better with this type of software because it isn't complicated; I just remember trying to do the same thing with Vizio or PowerPoint and nothing was working at the level of design I needed. I also tried Infogram and it was too much work. This was the just right option for me.

Cons

I love the templates, BUT, some of them can be really tricky to use. You have to spend time with a few of them figuring out the controls to be able to get exactly what you want. So it isn't a turnkey solution in the strictest sense, and it's not entirely intuitive either. The file depot is good, as I can go and find old documents. But I need to be really careful. If I don't duplicate something it doesn't maintain an old file, and I or a colleague can write over something and there isn't the same "revision history" that exists in other cloud-based solutions.

• Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pros

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

Cons

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Ben
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Lucidchart for the Win!

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

Pros

Absolutely love the dynamic nature of documenting and optimizing workflows in a cohesive, simple to use, customer centric tool.

Cons

Some of the advanced features require additional licenses.

Miro

Miro, Mural and Visio
Lee
  • Industry: Computer Games

Lucidchart is a great option to create just about any diagram you need for game design!

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

In my game development business, I need a variety of different charts and diagrams. I have never had a need to find another way to make a chart that I couldn’t make with Lucidchart. I can even use it to lay out massive maps for level development. I personally have never run out of available map space and I can make some pretty big levels. It is a great system for doing this because it even can handle building layouts and interiors as it has little furniture graphics that you can drag and drop to build out the level with visual content. For game design and development it is a must have tool in your arsenal.

Pros

Pros

First, let me say that it is the first diagram and flow chart system I have ever used but that is only because I have never needed another. Lucidchart has a huge selection of pre-made templates for different projects from flowcharts to floorplans and everything in between. It’s drag and drop interface allow for easy custom charts or modification of the premade templates. With the reasonable price plans available (including a FREE Plan) there is an option for you to get your own online storage which is great to keep all your charts and diagrams available online to access in a pinch, but if you need a chart or diagram download there are many different download options available including one of my personal favorites the .png format. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re a student there is a free upgraded account you can get.

Cons

Cons

If you don’t upgrade to a paid account you will not get much space to save documents but this isn’t an issue if you just download them all, but again you won’t have access to them at that point. Additionally, the site is slow loading the first time you log in but it’s not too bad.

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Very Helpful

Reviewed on 19/03/2023

Pros

I find Lucidchart to be the most advantageous because of its effortless and simple to use interface. It helps me generate proficient diagrams in a short amount of time and the templates and examples make it easier for me to initiate the process. Moreover, its capacity for real-time collaboration with a team is a time and energy saver, making it an optimal tool for mapping and arranging data.

Cons

I don't have many qualms with Lucidchart; however, it can be time-consuming to relocate the arrows and lines. For me, it is more efficient to erase the lines and arrows before adjusting the boxes and then putting them back.

Lukas
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A must have for technical leaders

Reviewed on 01/04/2023

It has made so many things easier in terms of visual understanding. If you're a visual learner it's a godsend. Whether I'm tooling on my own project on my own, and it helps me understand a flow I want to implement, or I need to communicate a complex project proposal to a larger audience, LucidChart is where it's at!

Pros

I like how easily you can duplicate diagrams with ctrl+D and connect shapes and label everything. Luid also makes it really easy to color code everything and you can copy styles on to different shapes. Also, they make visualizing data in a distributed system really streamlined with their ERD import tool that let's you import data from a SQL database(we use PostgreSQL) and automatically generate ERD diagrams for your whole team to use!!!

Cons

In LucidSpark, they have a really cool JIRA integration where you can visualize JIRA tickets and their statuses are automatically updated. I wish that LucidChart had that too. Otherwise, everything is great!!

Elvis
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Lucidchart diagrams are the secret to visualizing work process.

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

We have achieved a new and more beneficial work strategy with Lucidchart where we create flowcharts and diagrams to have virtual representation of our work project and processes. This gives us accurate oversight on the work that we are supposed to do and this allows to focus on the work.

Pros

Lucidchart helped us come to an understanding that better work results are relevant if you have a clear visuals of the work. It offers quality diagraming tools like flowcharts which makes it easy to have typical representation on the entire work process from start to completion. With Lucidchart, we are able to understand what work is needed of us and this helps us keep focus on what we are doing. Plus there us no manual drawing of flowcharts as we can use the AI tools to the work for us.

Cons

Our great times with Lucidchart has always lasted since the start and we have not seen and flaws about it.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great Product for planning, brain mapping and workflows

Reviewed on 18/09/2022

I chose this one due to price and what it did as a self employed consultant. It is perfect for this as it has a good number of features for a monthly price that is affordable.

Pros

I particularly like the web urls that you can embed in other pages that update easily

Cons

This is a mid level product at an entry level price so it's not as sophisticated as other products but the price makes up for that.

Miro

Price point and function

Strategic Roadmaps

Cost point
Michael
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great functionality - just wish you could share a single link for non-Lucid users to access.

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

We’ve had a subscription for ~3 years. We’re happy with the functionality. Given that we do a lot of work with external collaborators, the process of asking a collaborator to create an account, log-in, etc. just to view a Lucidchart with us is tiresome. Lucid’s other (very similar) software, Lucidspark has this feature. Please bring it over.

Pros

User interface and functionality are amazing for a web app. It honestly feels like you are using OmniChart, OmniGraffle, or other traditional computer app. It’s hard to believe Lucid is operating wholly in a web browser.

Cons

The inability to create a shared link for a non-Lucid user to access is really bothersome. This functionality is present in Lucidspark - the “brainstorming” companion to Lucidchart. But not in the latter. I’ve recommended adding this feature to Lucidchart. It feels like a no-brainer.Also, it’s not inexpensive. Would love to see the cost lowered so that I could afford to purchase licenses for some of my external collaborators.

Kent
Kent

Teaching Computer Science With This Tool

Reviewed on 23/11/2016

As a teacher, I've been using LucidChart for more than three years in my Advanced Placement (AP) computer science classes. Students really enjoy being able to document problem solving algorithms using the flow chart tools as well as mind mapping with concept diagrams. I have come to rely on UML class diagrams for my instructional units on object and class design; additionally, I use it for making graphic organizers, process diagrams, and general handouts. Ease of use, judicious mix of features, collaborative editing tools and publishing options put it right at the top of my list of preferred tools. I recommend it to colleagues all.the.time.

Pros

The available graphic elements for UML, mind mapping, flowchart, and general visual organization are simply perfect for an educational environment.

Cons

The process for browsing and managing uploaded user images seems a little off. For example, I frequently will use screen captures as graphical elements of a document. While LucidChart fully supports doing so, it might be helpful to have a more powerful interface when reviewing/browsing/selecting files that are serving duty as custom images.