5pm

101 Reviews for UK Users

• Industry: Design

Organization is Key

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Im able to complete design work in a VERY organized manner. So grateful!

Im able to complete design work in a VERY organized manner. So grateful!

Pros

I love the ability to track my time precisely, the 5pm Time Tracking Widget is a GOD SEND ! Im very pleased with the fact that I'm able to leave notes in project tasks, and I'm also able to make changes to those tasks. My productivity levels are through the roof !

Cons

The one and ONLY con that comes to mind, is the design of the software. Its very dated and archaic. It would be awesome if it was updated to be more visually stimulating.

Response from Disarea

The new design will be released soon. You can preview it here:

Contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get access to it now. You will be able to switch between new and current interface.

Nevada
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Makes Tracking Hours Easy!

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Pros

I really like the ability to break tasks and projects into different groups. We use the groups to break each project into the different entities of the organizations. By being able to do this, it makes it easy to see how many hours go to each group, and which one takes up the most of my time. Another feature that is highly useful for me is the workload report. Using this, I can easily tell how many projects I have within a certain time frame. For example, within the next three weeks, I have 29 projects to do.

Cons

The only feature that I have any problem with, is the Timeline feature. While the information presented in this feature is useful, the ability to just click and drag the tasks is too easy. This could also be related to user error.

Response from Disarea

We added the "Undo" feature to Timeline recently, that makes it easy to undo drags by mistake:

Julia

An exceptionally frustrating program

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

My overall experience with 5PM has been a frustrating one. For how heavily i'm required to be in the program for my position, it creates a lot of time consuming tedious work that has been simplified and more user-friendly in other project management softwares.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it breaks out tasks to individual team members but allows you to also see the work of the entire team.

Cons

What I dislike the most about this software is that it's confusing. It also is not time-efficient when you have large projects to implement, projects that need dates/info updated. You also can't delete an entire parent task with sub tasks, you have to do it individually....which takes forever. It's also slow to respond and takes forever to load.

Response from Disarea

The new interface is coming out soon. It handles large amount of data better and comes with a lot of small and big improvements,

Please contact our support to have the new interface enabled for your account right away.

Francesco

Clean and easy task management

Reviewed on 01/06/2020

For not very complex project is more than enough, and you are helped with the pleasant UI

Pros

Very straightforward task creation and clean multi message system, I'm using to coordinate with my team for Design oriented task and works very good

Cons

Some logics can be redesign, for example when you open a task is not possible to upload file in the first place, just when the task is open only then you can upload in the file section or as an attachment in the messaging system.

Krystiana

5pm Review

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Pros

Once you get past a learning curve, it becomes second nature. It's easy to keep track of items and find certain tasks.

Cons

It gets glitchy sometimes. Like if I open another window with 5pm it will affect how the window is shown. Takes a long time to load. And again there is a learning curve. It takes a lot to get used to. Some things are not self explanatory.

Response from Disarea

The new interface is coming out soon. It works much better with multiple windows of 5pm open.

Josh
  • Industry: Printing

It does a lot of what you need out of productivity software but doesn't do a lot of it very...

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

It's ugly and I feel like my company isn't utilizing its full potential but it gets the job done. Mostly.

Pros

It seems to have functionality for most general needs. You can create tasks and assign people to them and whatnot.

Cons

UI is cluttered, ugly, and un-ituitive. Would greatly benefit from a rework. I5pm may actually be more functional than I've given it credit for but I'm not going to try and dig through features I can't find or try and figure out the difference between a task and an activity or take any real amount of time if I can't log on and figure it out in under a minute.

Response from Disarea

The new interface is coming out soon. It is available right now to a selected number of customers. You can preview it here:

Please contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get early access to the new interface.

Sadye

Great Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Pros

I like how it is organized and the features it offers with reporting and time tracking. It's great for collaborating with a team.

Cons

Sometimes the program is laggy and often times it makes me refresh the page and resign in after a period of time of not using the program.

Response from Disarea

Try to switch to the new interface via "settings" - it handles large data in your account better.

Also, we can also help you clean up the old data to speed the things up.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Overall, pretty good experience

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and easy to teach yourself. Wish my company would use it more efficiently.

Cons

Our company likely did not understand the full capabilities of 5PM during the initial rollout and have made it more difficult to use than it should be. We have a very diverse workforce, and some of the different demographics have a hard time using and teaching themselves different functions in the software. Not a fault of 5PM, but just wanted to give some feedback.

Response from Disarea

We have the new interface coming out soon.

You can preview it here:

Hopefully, your team will find it easier to use.

Could also be a good time to restructure your projects and update your team on new practices...

- 5pm Team

Nice system to manage tasks and simple project, good value

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Overall easy to use. really good value for the features and price. great for simple project and task management.

Pros

A good pm software to manage simple project, tasks, and ticket.

Cons

doesn't hand tasks dependence. doesn't handle agile project process. mobile app not so great.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent project management software for the price

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Excellent software to store data and communications throughout the life of a project

Pros

Completely intuitive, and reasonable price

Cons

some of the notification capabilites and software integrations are simpler and not for complex workflows

Mitchum

A Solid Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

It works. I have never experienced any technical glitches.

It works. I have never experienced any technical glitches.

Pros

I've been using 5pmweb for several years now, and it is a solid project management tool. I like the gaant charting feature.

Cons

The design does not do it justice. It has a lot of great features, but the design is frankly extremely outdated. it is weird that when you reply via email the post gets added to the thread, but people on that thread don't get notified. That is resulted in missed messages, which requires that we go into 5pmweb regularly to check all the open tickets to make sure no new notes have been added via email reply.

Response from Disarea

In the settings there is a flag called "Deliver email responses to all Notified people" - you can turn it on to include everybody in an email response.

New interface is out as a closed beta. Herer is the preview: https://demov2.5pmweb.com/

Please contact our Support if you want it enabled for your account.

- 5pm Team

Roni

My experience with 5PM

Tracking our software implementations is much easier

Tracking our software implementations is much easier

Pros

I really like the ease with which you can use a template to import new projects as it saves our company a lot of time as projects for us are almost identical, varying only by different customers, modules purchased, dates to start etc. I also love the ease with which you can print or export the whole project, all tasks, sub-tasks etc

Cons

Changing the dates of the parent project or a task within it does not always realign the due dates for the the dependent tasks which can be frustrating.

Response from Disarea

You can also clone existing projects to create new ones like them...

Please contact our support with the issues you are having with parent task date changes...
support [at] 5pmweb.com

Chris

5pm

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

5pm's customer service is great. I have talked to them directly via email and they respond within a few minutes. I also hear they are working on a new version of the software that will be out soon.

Pros

5pm is a key tool in my daily task management. It is simple to use and has a lot of administrative features.

Cons

Some of the layout of the software could use some updating, like the pop up windows when you enter messages.

Response from Disarea

The new interface is coming out soon. There are no popups there when adding messages, and it has many other improvements.

John

Good for managing several different projects

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Helps me keep on track with projects that might have been forgotten thanks to the email reminders for specific deadlines.

Pros

Easy to organize projects and tasks for the different departments in our marketing department.

Cons

Sometimes hard to use the search or i accidentally have all users view selected.

Jacob
  • Industry: Hospitality

Useful but not perfect

Helps us communicate with teams abroad

Helps us communicate with teams abroad

Pros

I like that I can log in and use it remotely

Cons

It is frustrating that it sometimes runs quite slow and I have to sit and wait.

- 5pm Support

Zsolt
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great or slow

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

Pros

Very good features. The whole concept is very well thought out and usable.

Cons

Unfortunately, some of the features in the new UI interface are very slow, which, if improved, would help a lot.

Response from Disarea

Can you point out what works slow for you?
What specific feature?

Victoria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy and Efficient Task Management

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Overall, 5pm meets my needs for a simple, yet thorough, task management software.

Pros

Simple to use, especially adding tasks with deadlines via email.
Percentage tracker makes checking progress fast.
Adding notes, links and relevant information is very easy.
Mobile app for on-the-go management

Cons

The mobile app for the iPhone has some missing features, although nothing that is a deal breaker for me.

Response from Disarea

Victoria, thank you for the Review!
What features would you like to see on the iOS app? We just updated it recently - text formatting as added, for example.

Hassan
Hassan
  • Industry: Higher Education

5pm is really interesting!

Reviewed on 09/02/2019

Pros

It helps me to manage my project. 5pm is helpful when you work as a team.

Cons

You can add tag option for the project and it shows how much each project takes the time.

Jarosław

It doesn't take much to improve

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Pros

The idea that everything is organized in the system of tabs, and that the search box is always at the top of the page, the search results stay in their tabs, regardles what other functionalities I may decide to use in the meantime.

Cons

The rather old-school appearance does not make it look very comprehensible to me, the new beta interface is , I imagine, aimed precisely at this problem. Additionally, the report feature does not allow to view only a few of the projects (one can see either all of them or one)

Response from Disarea

You could use the tags in reports to filter just certain projects or tasks.

Or, even better, you can use a fake Client. Just add a client type of user, does not have to have a real email (Clients do not count towards your plan) and assign the client to the projects you want to see. Then filter the reports by that client...

To switch to the new interface use the button on the top.

Amanda
  • Industry: Entertainment

Good Program, Works Well

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Pros

5pm helps me and my team effectively communicate from across the world. It works well for sending messages and uploading files.

Cons

The interface is not as modern as other programs. It looks pretty outdated.

- 5pm Support

Jorge
  • Industry: Plastics

Gets the job done.

Reviewed on 09/11/2019

I use this software to update my milestones and document changes when necessary. 5PM notifies the correspondent parties for me.

Pros

It allows for documenting projects and following up with individuals from the same portal. At the same time it allows you to save media files right where your project is.

Cons

I did not like the interface, I think that it could do with a facelift to bring it into this decade.

Response from Disarea

The new interface was recently released: https://blog.5pmweb.com/2019/07/08/5pm-new-interface-v2-is-officially-released/

Daniel
Daniel
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Awesome way of keeping track of all my tasks!

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

I love being able to keep track of my projects in such an efficient way.

I love being able to keep track of my projects in such an efficient way.

Pros

5pm is a great tool to keep my projects and tasks organized and it helps me know what my team is doing at the same time. The software has a nice interactive interface that facilitates organization.

Cons

Some of the features might seem a little confusing at first, but it gets easier once you have adapted to the way it 5pm works.

Olivia
  • Industry: Wholesale

5pm Review

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of projects. It's nice to keep the whole team in the know.

Cons

Their is a bit of a learning curve. clicking on and off on the ''eye'' is hit of miss when you are reaching for projects.

Eric
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Used for 2+ years

Organization

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Pros

This software allows my and my customers to have one location to keep all dialogues and files relating to our projects. If there is ever a questions it is easy to go back and see what was said or what files were used. For a small company like mine that deals with many people from a large company it helps a lot with keeping things organized and on time.

Cons

I have not experienced any issues with the software.

Matt
Matt
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

5pm works well

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

I use this everyday and it is a nice way to keep tabs on projects and circle back with our team who is working on these items.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. Does a nice job of keeping a team in the loop about a project and allows the team to follow along with either all projects or sort by just their own. The mobile app also does a nice job of allowing people to stay connected on the go.

Cons

I have a few issues with the mobile app and sharing documents directly from the app. BUT, I have not sought support so that is my fault. If you have a large number of projects, the platform can get overwhelming. Just additional sorting features would be great.