SimplePractice is powerful and transformative, just like you. Run your health & wellness business with SimplePractice so you can focus on seeing clients, getting paid, and growing your business--let us handle the rest. A streamlined intake process allows clients to self-schedule, submit fully paperless intakes ahead of a session, and pay directly in the free Client Portal without you ever handling a credit card. Our team will help you switch over at no cost so you can almost instantly start sending free appointment reminders to reduce no-shows (text/voice/email), send secure messages to your clients and your team, and take advantage of unlimited document storage.
Notes and documentation are a breeze with SimplePractice's note template library, customizable templates, diagnosis & treatment planners, and FREE Wiley PracticePlanners! Plus, our top-rated mobile app enables you to run your business on the go with all the same security and privacy features you've come to expect from SimplePractice. Integrated Telehealth means you can see clients from anywhere, including your phone, so you and your clients can always find a way to connect! Our integrated payment solution plus fully electronic insurance claims processing and management from start to finish help you get paid quickly. Join thousands of satisfied customers and try SimplePractice free today!
Good overall. The one other thing I would like to mention is that you can’t get a live help from Tech support in real time. You can “attend” virtual classes, sign up for live classes (which I haven’t done. Time thing) and if you have a question, you can submit it to a chat community (not helpful, not enough docs so they responses are non-relevant) or you submit an email to technical support and they write back. Here’s the catch. You have to respond to their response right away or if you miss the 2; hour window they consider your request “satisfied” and they move in. My suggestion would be to hire more live real time tech support. And if you want to add physicians, consider adding eprescribe and a lab interface. Just my suggestions. There are lots of reasons to not cater to doctors, but if Simple Practice would want to do that, a few small fixes could make this a very usable and more complete package.
Nice and plain in a lot of ways yet let’s you do these things:
Set up your own intake forms, diagnostic codes, billing forms, scheduling, a secure patient portal so when patients contact you, you can send them a secure link they can use to sign your consent forms, pay you using a credit card which you don’t have to handle, schedule a session, and do a telehealth visit in a secure HIPAA compliant way. There is also a way to do billing so bills can be submitted to an insurance company.
Simple practice is designed for mental health professionals and non-MD’s mainly, so as a psychiatrist, it does MOST but NOT ALL of the things I need for a telepsych practice. For example, I cannot e-prescribe, order labs or review lab results using simple practice. But that’s okay. They never claimed it could be used for this. So I am still getting off the ground with my own practice and will probably just use some work arounds such as writing paper scripts for now, and this is fine unless I get a patient who needs clozaril, lithium or delante, at which time I will need to get lab ordering and reviewing capabilities from somewhere else. So the thing is this. Simple Practice does a lot of things. For a psychotherapist non-prescriber, it would pretty much do everything you could ever want a platform to do. For a psychiatrist, it hits about 2/3 of the total function domain needed. For internal medicine, family medicine or endocrinology I would definitely recommend doing something else. They make no claims to physician specific and the main reason I picked it is for the telehealth and the billing simplification and the collect payment without touching money feature.
Lisa, thanks for your positive SimplePractice review. We¿re glad that SimplePractice is working for your telepsyche practice - you can always submit suggestions to our team on how to improve SimplePractice even more at simplepractice.uservoice.com.
- Gillian from SimplePractice
First, I am still learning the software, yet from my experience, I believe I will keep it. I am not shopping around for another one. The support is helpful, daily update and reminders that help keep me organized. At some time, I will add the calendar to my website. For now, the software lives up to it name in that it is a simple practice. When I rented office space, I had to be there to meet my client and some would cancel at the last moment. Now, I set the reminders, phone, email, text... and if I client doesn't show, after I have braved the traffic and rushed across town to get to the office, sitting and waiting and wondering if the client will show, I don't feel that I wasted time, gas and frustrated because the client did not call to cancel hours or days before. I really like my online office. I thought it would feel distant and cold...so far, the online face-to-face still feel personal. I also like that the system meet HIPPA and my state requirements.
I like the ease of scheduling appointments without having to complete lots of training of how to do so. I appreciate the stripe credit card system that is built into the software as this was one concern I had of accepting payments from client. I like the video conferencing and the fact that live training is offered and I actually get to see the people behind the scene as opposed to email. My inquiry to customer support turn around time was a reasonable and issue resolved. I love the fact the I can send a client a paid invoice immediately, after accepting credit card payment over the phone...thank goodness less paperwork. I really love all of the forms clients need to complete are available...ease of writing progress notes, etc...
I am still learning to use the software and got confused when I accepted payment the first time, and not certain if I needed to accept stripe versus manual credit card. I accepted manual credit card and had to make a correction. Each client recent activity is a running list and it would be nice if all activity were grouped under the client name. For example, when I click the client name, I see all activity that took place versus a running list of the same client name numerous times and activity. I wish that I could change the portal name. It appears once decided on a name, it is a url and locked, no changes afterward.
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. We are so happy to hear that our Telehealth feature is working so well for your practice, and that reminders have helped your clients show up for their appointments on time. With respect to your comments about the Activity logs and your practice URL, we can provide more assistance here. Please reach out to us with an email request by clicking the orange 'Help' button in the bottom left corner of your account, or by following this link: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Natasha from SimplePractice
It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!
It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said...
I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet).
Being cloud based was an absolute must.
Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface!
The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment.
Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day.
Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.
I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring.
Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc.
I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly.
It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.
Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice.
- Gillian from SimplePractice
This software keeps me organized, allows me to keep my patient information secure, integrates scheduling/billing/documentation in one place, and offers an app that is well coordinated with the full desktop experience.
The design of the software is clean and intuitive, not just the portion experienced by clinicians but also the patient/client portal. I found it easy to create my own templates and appreciate the ability to import the prior note to edit it for each session rather than having to start anew each time I meet with someone. Scheduling both by desktop and by app are very easy to use, allowing to set up repeat appointments. I appreciate the ease of generating superbills and invoices, changing charges and correcting them, and the option of manual inputs of payment if you choose not to use the integrated credit card payment system (Stripe).
I really appreciate the option of "privacy mode" so that patient's full names are not displayed on my calendar.
The 30-day trial was very helpful for ensuring that I was getting what I hoped I was and it was nice to be able to try both the essential and the professional features to figure out which plan made more sense for my practice.
1. I think others have mentioned the irritation of not being able to contact someone directly for customer support. Emailing is fine, it's not a huge deal, but it just creates delays with issues that I think could be worked out quickly with a phone call.
2. As a psychiatrist, it would be helpful if there were ways to prominently post the patient's allergies, medications, etc in a way where you wouldn't have to hunt through your prior notes to find them. However, this software is marketed to behavioral health professionals broadly rather than psychiatrists specifically, so I wouldn't expect it to be so tailored.
3. I would like to be able to customize the mini-website that my patients see in more ways than what's currently available.
4. The rates for Stripe seemed a little steep (at least for a solo practitioner) but it's your only option if you want an integrated credit card system. In the end, I am doing that piece with a different service to avoid the higher rates.
Lisa, thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review of SimplePractice. We're glad to hear that you find SimplePractice to be clean and intuitive, and proud to support the work that you do! Did you know you can schedule a one-on-one screensharing session with a Product Specialist at your convenience, any time? We're always standing by to help. I'd also recommend using a Sticky Chart Note to keep information like allergies and medications at the top of the client's chart - just create a Chart Note and set the date to sometime in the future, and it'll stay at the top of the chart! Thanks again for choosing SimplePractice. We're glad you're a part of our community!
- Gillian from SimplePractice
Lots of important pros. 1) Online scheduling and intake, 2) integrated payment processing and auto-pay, 3) cloud based, 4) competitive pricing, 5) very easy to learn, 6) the team is getting faster (slightly) with updates/improvements, 7) works for chiropractic billing now, 8) free online help articles, and 9) free month trial. We looked into so many options, and Simple Practice was clearly the best in our opinion. We're still happy with our choice; the pros outweigh the cons!
1) Text reminders: you only have a few options of when they go out, and all options are 24+ before the appointment. A text reminder shortly before greatly reduces no-shows, so it's a major feature missing.
2) Confirming appointments: you can't turn off the need to confirm appointments, and it's time consuming to confirm every. single. appointment. We want the option to turn off confirmation, or at least for some appointment types.
3) Email reminders: you have to turn them on for every patient, and it's not quick to get to it.
4) Sales tax: they don't track it, so you have to manually keep track. You shouldn't use this software if you sell products regularly.
5) Customer service: too slow. Not just initial response time, but how many back and forth emails it takes to get an answer. I tried the live q&a and it didn't get me an answer any faster. Chat would be a big improvement.
6) Group practice: overall it works well. The thing that is lacking is the report to help with payroll. It's confusing and needs better instructions/help articles
7) Online scheduling: overall good. The con is cancelling online. A) it's hard to find, so we get more phone calls than we used to. B) we let patients cancel up to 12 hours beforehand, but the software cuts it off 24 hours before, so we again get more calls than before.
8) Color coding: you can't set the background color of appointments. For us, it would be so helpful to make insurance appointments a different color than self-pay.
Hi Ariel - We love hearing from our customers that have shopped around and find SimplePractice the best platform for their needs! It's great to see you're utilizing so many features already. When it comes to your requests for feature adjustments, we regularly take customer requests into consideration to make sure our product meets the needs of all types of business owners. We're created a Product RoadMap to share what we've done lately and what is in the works here if you're interested in checking it out: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005264123-SimplePractice-Product-Roadmap
Thanks for your detailed review!
Plan 1: $ 39/month or $33 with annual plan
Plan 2: $ 49/month or $42 with annual plan
● SimplePractice offers a fully paperless intake process, plus the ability to send documents and homework back and forth with your clients in a secure, HIPAA-compliant Client Portal with unlimited storage for no charge.
● SimplePractice streamlines the note-taking process with a note template library, or you can build custom forms of your own to send to your clients through the Portal. Plus, use Wiley PracticePlanners FREE through January 2020!
● SimplePractice empowers professionals on the go with a top-rated mobile-app (iOS & Android) that features 2-way calendar sync, note-taking, and the ability to offer HIPAA-compliant Telehealth sessions securely and remotely.
● SimplePractice makes it easy to get paid with integrated credit card processing, an optional auto-pay feature, plus full support for electronic insurance claim filing and management from start to finish.
● SimplePractice offers free appointment reminders to reduce your no-show rate (voice/text/video), and our excellent, on-site Customer Support team will be with you every step of the way as you get your business up and running with our intuitive, innovative, practice management software.
Below are some frequently asked questions for SimplePractice.
SimplePractice offers the following pricing plans:
Starting from: US$39.00/month
Pricing model: Subscription
Free Trial: Available
Plan 1: $ 39/month or $33 with annual plan
Plan 2: $ 49/month or $42 with annual plan
SimplePractice offers the following features:
SimplePractice has the following typical customers:
Freelancers, Mid Size Business, Non Profit, Small Business
SimplePractice supports the following languages:
SimplePractice has the following pricing plans:
SimplePractice supports the following devices:
SimplePractice integrates with the following applications:
Braintree, Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, Stripe, iCloud
SimplePractice offers the following support options:
FAQs, Forum, Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials