GetApp GUIDELINES FOR PRODUCT LISTINGS
Welcome to GetApp. Please take time to read our Product Listing Guidelines.
These Guidelines for Product Listings (“Guidelines”), which are incorporated by this reference into the General Vendor Terms, govern the use of our Sites, Services and Content by GetApp and Group Companies and all software vendors, both Basic and Upgraded (“Vendors”).
Product Listings are high level descriptions of Vendor’s products (including vendor name & logo, product name & description, screenshots) created by GetApp or Vendor and featured in GetApp’s online software directories.
For a glossary of additional GetApp definitions used in these Guidelines, please click here.
Product Listing Creation:
In order to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we include all software product listings that are currently marketed or sold and fit in a category. To provide the most helpful software-buyer experience, Our catalogue team will determine whether a product is a logical fit for a category through research on the vendor’s website. We will either create these listings from publicly available information or work with the software vendor to create and/or update a listing that is accurate and best reflects the product’s features.
Criteria for Posting Product Listings on our Sites:
Our aim is to list all B2B software solutions that fit within one or more of our categories. Among the criteria for inclusion are:
- It is B2B software – we do not list exclusively B2C products, marketplaces or database websites, personal productivity solutions, product clones and/or personal apps.
- It is a packaged (pre-built / off-the-shelf) solution – we do not list custom-made/bespoke software.
- It must fit, at Our sole discretion, within one of the existing categories.
- It must be publicly available and out of Beta testing.
- It must be listed under the product name determined by the vendor - we do not list reseller names, integrators, consultants, or other third parties — unless the vendor expressly authorises a reseller to list the product on their behalf.
Notwithstanding, we allow authorised resellers to participate in our lead generation programs. However, when the parent company requests lead generation for their product, the parent company will take precedence and the reseller will be disabled.
PLEASE NOTE: While our sites serve as a platform to host software product listings, we are not responsible for ensuring the legal and/or regulatory compliance of these software products. For information on a software product’s legal and/or regulatory standing, site users will be directed to the software vendor directly through their website.
Product Listing Removal:
At Vendor Request: In keeping with our goal to be a comprehensive resource for software buyers, we will not remove software product listings that are currently being marketed/sold and fit in a category. We will work with the software vendor to update the listing to ensure it is accurate and best reflects the product’s features and differentiation.
If a software vendor is no longer in business and/or the product listed is no longer being sold (clearly reflected on the company website), we will review and remove the product listing from the catalogue.
If, through the course of on-going maintenance and review of our catalog, we discover that an existing product listing no longer fits in a category and/or is not a legitimate, packaged B2B product, it will be reviewed and removed.
At GetApp’s Discretion: We reserve the right to modify or remove your Product Listing and/or Product Profile if, in our sole discretion, the listing or profile fails to comply with these Guidelines. As a rule, we do not remove Vendor Product Listings or Product Profiles unless: (i) the Product Listing or Profile does not fit within one of the existing software categories (“Directories”); or (ii) there is evidence to demonstrate that the Vendor’s product is no longer actively being marketed and/or sold to the public.
If through the course of ongoing maintenance and review of our catalogue, we discover that an existing product listing no longer fits in a category and/or is not a legitimate, packaged B2B software product, it will be reviewed and removed.
Product Listing Guidelines: Below are Our Guidelines for written content and image assets. For additional guidance on these Guidelines please contact [email protected]
- Do ensure overview is a product description.
- Do ensure product name matches product name on Vendor’s Site.
- Do ensure that destination URLs work and point to Vendor’s Site.
- Do use standard spelling and grammar.
- Do not use marketing or subjective text in product and company name (e.g., award-winning).
- Do not use offensive, obscene or defamatory language.
- Do not include personally identifiable information in product description (phone, email, fax, URL).
- Do not include suffixes in company name (e.g., no Inc, Corporation, LLC, etc.).
- Do not use repeated or unnecessary punctuation marks.
- Do not use line breaks.
- Do not use symbols or characters.
- Do not use excessive capitalisation.
- Do not use HTML tags.
SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO GUIDELINES At least one screenshot or video is strongly encouraged for your listing. If you submit a screenshot, you grant Us the right to use it in the ordinary course of our business to administer Your Product Listing; and you agree to follow these guidelines:
- Do ensure screenshots display the software’s real user interface
- Do ensure the video is recorded in English
- Do ensure the video is about the product
- Do ensure the video is either a YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia link
- Do not use any stock images or marketing jargon in your screenshots
We reserve the right to make changes to these Guidelines at any time without penalty by posting notice of such change on our Sites. Your use of Our Sites and/or Services after such notice has posted constitutes your acceptance of the updated Guidelines.
In our ongoing efforts to adhere to applicable law and be transparent about our operations, we may make changes to these Product Listing Guidelines. We will post notice of such changes on our Site and you are encouraged to consult these Guidelines periodically to be aware of those changes. Your use of our GetApp Sites and/or Services after such notice has posted constitutes your acceptance of the updated Product Listing Guidelines. When accessing our Services for the first time, you will be given the option to acknowledge and agree to these Product Listing Guidelines.
Last Update: June 2020